The waiting for Disney blues

Princess Jeanette

Earning My Ears
Just venting...the last time I was able to go to Disney was in 2002. My fiancé and I are getting married in July. Due to budget constraints, we are going to wait to go on our Disney World honeymoon/anniversary trip. With all of theupcoming changes (rumored and otherwise) for the MK 50th and Epcot 40th (possible SpaceshipEarth major closing), I’m thinking that we should just wait until 2022 or 2023 to go since DF has never been there and I want him to experience as much a possible.
I’m bummed out though thinking about waiting that long. I listen to Disney ride music on YouTubeand lurk on these boards in the meantime.
Can anyone else relate?

I agree with the PP. Go when you are able to financially- not based on what Disney is doing. They’ll always be fixing something and/or in the middle of building something new.

I would also caution you to make sure you don’t put too much pressure on yourself or on DF to have a perfect first trip for DF.

You’re going somewhere together. The odds are you’ll have fun no matter what attractions are open, etc.

That being said (and to answer your original question)- yeah I can relate that it sucks to wait. That’s why I’m poking around on here. :)

Go now if you are able to because the crowds are going to be sooooooo bad when everything new opens up in '21. My wife and I have gone every year since 2009 to celebrate our anniversary and we cherish the time spent together in the parks every year. We are both in our 60's and we look forward to our trip every year with great anticipation. We are back in 75 days (45th Anniversary) and believe me, it is all we can do to keep from packing. If finances are a problem, go for a shorter trip, like 4 days. You won't be able to see and do everything but you will still get to experience the magic. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Can anyone else relate?
I can relate to part of this; the waiting-for-Disney-Blues, budget constraints and listening to ride music. But not waiting for 2022 or 2023 to go.

Personally, I would go in July if I were in your shoes. To me the honeymoon/anniversary is far more important than experiencing as much as possible. You'll have another trip to see a closed ride or a yet to be opened land. You only have the one honeymoon with him.

I just got back from my first ever solo trip to Disney. I waited 20 years for it to happen :) I won't be waiting another 20 years to go back, I'm already planning a short trip next year. I want to wait until everything they announced is open too probably in 2022 but if I can afford to go sooner then I will. I listen to the music loops on YT as well. My favorite are: World of Avatar, Nomad Lounge, Spaceship Earth, Reflections and Happily Ever After.

Go when you can afford it and enjoy what's there right now. Trust me there is still too many things to see and do in 1 trip.

Thank you all for your input. I especially appreciate the advice to go on the honeymoon as soon as possible. We’ll probably do that. I just want Jeff to experience everything that I’ve experienced and I want us to experience everything that that I’ve read about on these pages (Spaceship Earth burning smell). But you’re right, there’s no way to experience all of that in one trip. Hopefully, my honey will want to go back again!

Go when you can afford it and enjoy what's there right now. Trust me there is still too many things to see and do in 1 trip.

I agree with this. It's absolutely impossible to do everything you want to do in one trip, or two, or three trips! DH and I just returned from our third trip and there's still a lot of things we didn't do. We focus on the things we DID do, which was a lot!

A other vote for going when you are financially able to. There will always be something new or in the works.

I just want Jeff to experience everything that I’ve experienced and I want us to experience everything that that I’ve read about on these pages (Spaceship Earth burning smell).
A little unsolicited advice;

Try to not put expectations on your husband when you go. He will never experience everything you experienced in the way you experienced it. Allow him to experience everything his way. The two of you should create your own, new experiences together as a couple. He will always remember his first trip to Disney World as a couples experience.

I’ve been operating under the fear that
A little unsolicited advice;

Try to not put expectations on your husband when you go. He will never experience everything you experienced in the way you experienced it. Allow him to experience everything his way. The two of you should create your own, new experiences together as a couple. He will always remember his first trip to Disney World as a couples experience.

That’s good advice. My love for Disney has its roots in my childhood and that’s not the case for Jeff. I just want him to experience the same kind of magic that I do, but I need to take the pressure off of the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!