The Voice spring season

luvmy3 said:
There was a girl on Adam's team that sang Rumor Has It in her audition. It was season 2, and I cant remember her name, but she got picked.

Google says Sharon Mathai.

There was a girl on Adam's team that sang Rumor Has It in her audition. It was season 2, and I cant remember her name, but she got picked.

That's true, but most of the time when they sing an Adele song they don't pick them. Adele has such a powerful voice with a huge range - and they have even said that it is so tough for them not to compare to her.... and they have said that she is very hard to do...

That's why I'm surprised that people keep doing her. I love Adele and like hearing them sing her (especially when they do a great job) but I just feel horrible when they don't get selected (and I think they sang great - even better than others that have been picked) and the main reason seems to be their song choice did them in...

3smithboys said:
That's true, but most of the time when they sing an Adele song they don't pick them. Adele has such a powerful voice with a huge range - and they have even said that it is so tough for them not to compare to her.... and they have said that she is very hard to do...

That's why I'm surprised that people keep doing her. I love Adele and like hearing them sing her (especially when they do a great job) but I just feel horrible when they don't get selected (and I think they sang great - even better than others that have been picked) and the main reason seems to be their song choice did them in...

I just remembered in Season 1, Vicki Martinez nailed "Rolling in the Deep." I liked her version as much as Adele's. I know Vicki made it to the top 8.

I think it depends on the singer, but, yes, you need to have a very strong voice to sing Adele's catalogue.

I feel so sorry for Shakira.

She looks like a fish out of water. She doesn't seem to have a clue.

Most of the time when she hits her button, it's because somebody else hit theirs first.

When she DOES hit the button first she's the only one because the singers are so bad. If she's up against MOST of the other judges, she isn't getting chosen.

When she talks, absolutely nothing she says sounds sincere.

She doesn't seem to know what she's talking about, she appears to have no confidence and she has absolutely no gravitas.

Other than that she's ok. lol

It's really painful to watch her and I can't believe The Voice did this to us.

TOTALLY disagree.

I loooooooove Shakira :love:. What you see as insecurity I see as humility, which is the exact opposite of her predecessor, the grande Diva Aguilara... :badpc: She is the new kid on the block and acts accordingly. I thinks she's adorable!

She is the main reason my 20yo son watches now, he thinks she's the bomb. I never knew her before but love her now. In fact, I love them all. Best season EVER! :cool1:

Patrick was awesome! I thought he did a great job with Walking in Memphis... I think he will go far! Congrats!

Long time Diser and I'm bursting with pride. Patrick is family!

Team Adam! Yay!

Why hide under an alias:confused3

I don't blame her, knowing the DIS the way I do.:furious:

I missed last night's show because of an electrical outage in my area :mad: First thing out of my kid's mouth? Good thing the VOICE is on Demand! :lmao:

I'm late to the party but wanted to chime in that I, too, LOVE Shakira and think she's a HUGE step up from Xtina. One thing I really like--she doesn't seem to just keep repeating the same comments over and over again. She actually seems to come up with something unique to say about each contestant.

I like Usher, too, but I was a big fan of Ceelo, so I'm OK with either of those two coaches. However, I will be devastated if they go back to Xtina over Shakira.

Team Adam is stacked and so far looks like the one to beat.

TOTALLY disagree.

I loooooooove Shakira :love:. What you see as insecurity I see as humility, which is the exact opposite of her predecessor, the grande Diva Aguilara... :badpc: She is the new kid on the block and acts accordingly. I thinks she's adorable!

I agree. I really like her. I think she seems humble, has something polite or constructive to say to everyone... and acts like she's enjoying herself. I thought Christina seemed bored and condescending a lot -- and she'd dish out backhanded compliments to anyone who wasn't on her team. Rude.

ETA: I really liked Ceelo and was prepared to hate Usher. I like him more than I thought I would, but I look forward to Ceelo coming back. I'd happily trade in Christina for Shakira and never look back.

I don't really care for Shakira...she does look like a fish out of water, and very unsure of what to say.

TOTALLY disagree.

She is the main reason my 20yo son watches now, he thinks she's the bomb. I never knew her before but love her now. In fact, I love them all. Best season EVER! :cool1:
LOL about your son!

I'm late to the party but wanted to chime in that I, too, LOVE Shakira and think she's a HUGE step up from Xtina. One thing I really like--she doesn't seem to just keep repeating the same comments over and over again. She actually seems to come up with something unique to say about each contestant.

I agree. I really like her. I think she seems humble, has something polite or constructive to say to everyone... and acts like she's enjoying herself. I thought Christina seemed bored and condescending a lot -- and she'd dish out backhanded compliments to anyone who wasn't on her team. Rude.

ETA: I really liked Ceelo and was prepared to hate Usher. I like him more than I thought I would, but I look forward to Ceelo coming back. I'd happily trade in Christina for Shakira and never look back.

Glad to find this thread! DH & I love the Voice. I agree that she is adorable & brings another element to the competition. Definitely my fav season so far!

I liked Ceelo because he's so out there. I like Usher but sometimes his cool attitude starts to get old imo. He brings something new though. I wish they could have 5 judges so Usher & Ceelo could both be involved.

The judge interactions are great. They keep it entertaining and positive at the same time.

i was watching last night and the thought occured to me that i hadn't seen this season's thread on the DIS yet! :rotfl: Then i realized that since I'm currently in trip-planning mode I haven't been down to the Community board in awhile! You guys are on top of it!
Add me to the list of LOVING Shakira!!! She just has such a positive energy about here. There is no comparison to Xtina.
I don't really care for Shakira...she does look like a fish out of water, and very unsure of what to say.

I see that more as a language thing. Many of my friends for whom English is not their first language take a minute to come up with the right words.

I think Shakira's doing a great job AND I'm a Xtina fan. :upsidedow

I had no opinion of Usher going in, but I'm really enjoying him too. What a charmer!

Usher seems like he will be a tough couch but I also see this as great potential for the members on his team. Since he is getting older and performing winding down I can definitely see him moving into the arena of producing the next stars ie. "Justin beiber"

I've been a fan of The Voice since the beginning, and I never have cared for Christina. Scratch that---I loved her when she first debuted with "Genie In A Bottle", but after that she went downhill.

So, when I heard that she was taking some time off from the Show and that Shakira would be coming in to keep her seat warm, I was thrilled. I adore Shakira, and I love just hearing her talk! I honestly hope that the Producers just decide to keep her around permanently.

As for Usher---meh. We'll see. I still remember him as that Kid on "Star Search" ages ago. Maybe he'll grow on me, but I miss Cee-Lo. He's such a Teddy Bear.

Lots of great Contestants this Season. It's going to be so hard for me to pick a favorite!

i really love the new, IMPROVED judging panel. they seem to get along really well. none of them are snarky and nasty like X-tina was. as far as i'm concerned, they can replace her permanently with Shakira.

i don't mind Cee-lo, but he could be inappropriate and creepy. Usher flirting seems much less slimy.

i really love the new, IMPROVED judging panel. they seem to get along really well. none of them are snarky and nasty like X-tina was. as far as i'm concerned, they can replace her permanently with Shakira.

i don't mind Cee-lo, but he could be inappropriate and creepy. Usher flirting seems much less slimy.

I agree, I really like Shakira and Usher. Of course, I liked them, before The Voice too.

I thought Sasha Allen was awesome. What a great song choice and she really pulled it off. I love it when an artist comes out and does a song that's not their normal genre and pulls it off. I loved the guy who did "I'm Sexy and I Know It" too.

Jessica Childress was my favorite from last night. I think she gave an electric performance and all four judges would've turned their chairs if they could. Loved the song choice too (I'd never heard it before but now want to listen to more Bruno Mars.)

Looking forward to the battle rounds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter