The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Riviera is incredibly relaxing and tones down the intensity of the Magic Kingdom area resorts and is less "busy" than the nearby Epcot ones. It has the best rooms of any Disney resort and carries an air of Disney luxury with it. It's sophisticated and relaxing whilst having enough Disney character touches. I love getting my morning coffee at Le Petit Cafe and watching families play together on the lawn which is frequently occurring at Riviera. To have a coffee shop, bar, quick service, and signature restaurant at a DVC exclusive property 3 mins walk from anywhere is a god send. Skyliner just tops it off. The Grand Cal team could learn a thing or two from Riviera F&B.
What is Grand Cal missing… coffee shop?

Dumb question but what resorts does that leave for you guys...BLT? Is that the only one you can walk?
BLT and BWV/BCV.

BLT and BWV/BCV.
Napa Rose is great, Craftsmen Gill always hits the spot, Storytellers rarely disappoints, and you have all of Downtown Disney outside of your door…. oh and you are steps into DCA….

I’ve got no complaints whatsoever about my VGC dining options.

If I had to complain it would be that we won’t go back to Napa Rose at the moment because they won’t let my 10 year old order off the kids menu even though it has everything he would want to eat… if the parents are ordering the 5 course tasting and the wine pairing…perhaps let the youngest order off the kids menu….

Quality control. I've yet to have a good experience. Service at Craftsman has consistently been poor for us with medicore food and they don't seem like they cope at Hearthstone. I'd expect them to have skilled bartenders there but they do not. Napa Rose is good. When comparing the F&B to their Florida counterpart (Grand Floridian) it's chalk and cheese. Grand Cal can do better.

Napa Rose is great, Craftsmen Gill always hits the spot, Storytellers rarely disappoints, and you have all of Downtown Disney outside of your door…. oh and you are steps into DCA….

I’ve got no complaints whatsoever about my VGC dining options.

If I had to complain it would be that we won’t go back to Napa Rose at the moment because they won’t let my 10 year old order off the kids menu even though it has everything he would want to eat… if the parents are ordering the 5 course tasting and the wine pairing…perhaps let the youngest order off the kids menu….

We only ever eat at quick service places so I didn't realize sit-down restaurants were so picky about the ages of people ordering kids menu stuff. Do you know if other places at DLR are the same way? This is good to know in case we were ever tempted to eat there.

We only ever eat at quick service places so I didn't realize sit-down restaurants were so picky about the ages of people ordering kids menu stuff. Do you know if other places at DLR are the same way? This is good to know in case we were ever tempted to eat there.
I haven’t had any issues at Carthay, Carnation Cafe, Lamplight Lounge or Magic Key Terrace.

Which is really too bad because the petite filet at Napa Rose is a great option for the kids menu.

Just came home yesterday from a 4-night stay for race weekend. Not sure if I was tired from getting up early to run all three races or not, the studio didn’t seem as run down as I remembered 🤣🤣
Happened to be up (body probably thought I still had a race to run 🤣) and lucked out in getting a couple nights in Dec for Christmas decor watching.

I have our VGC points in June and Dec UY. I like it this way so I can book stays year round.

I saw a pic on FB of the lobby and it looks like the carpet was completely torn out. I hope someone takes a picture and posts it when it's done.

We were in a studio for race weekend as well. It was not in horrific shape either, and we’ve had this room previously in December 2022. I completely forgot to take a pic, but its location is fantastic. It’s right near the staircase which leads directly to the Pixar Pier DCA entrance. #2520 We could hear Silly Symphony and Jumping Jellyfish throughout the day plus screaming from Goody’s Sky School 😆

I am curious what the experiences have been using the grills right outside in that courtyard area. I am wanting to possible make some steaks one night of our upcoming trip. Are they gas or charcoal? Are there utensils we should bring in case?

I am curious what the experiences have been using the grills right outside in that courtyard area. I am wanting to possible make some steaks one night of our upcoming trip. Are they gas or charcoal? Are there utensils we should bring in case?
We use them all the time. They are fairly nice units. Gas. Take a minute to start sometimes if they haven't been fired up recently.

All the tools you will need can be requested and they will bring them to your room. In a One, Two, or Three Bedroom, the utensils are usually already in the kitchen. Sometimes not so we request them. In a Studio you will need to call down to get them. Make sure you request a grill brush along with everything else.

The only thing special I would take is a lighter. Sometimes that is just easier than messing with the spark generator.

If you are planning on using them - which you should - run down when you first get there and start them up. Just to make sure they are in good working order. If they are not, they do get fixed fast if you make it known.

We have never planned on using them and gotten shut out. We usually take everything down and eat right there at the tables. There is more traffic through that area these days, but still pretty quiet and nice to eat outside.

We use them all the time. They are fairly nice units. Gas. Take a minute to start sometimes if they haven't been fired up recently.

All the tools you will need can be requested and they will bring them to your room. In a One, Two, or Three Bedroom, the utensils are usually already in the kitchen. Sometimes not so we request them. In a Studio you will need to call down to get them. Make sure you request a grill brush along with everything else.

The only thing special I would take is a lighter. Sometimes that is just easier than messing with the spark generator.

If you are planning on using them - which you should - run down when you first get there and start them up. Just to make sure they are in good working order. If they are not, they do get fixed fast if you make it known.

We have never planned on using them and gotten shut out. We usually take everything down and eat right there at the tables. There is more traffic through that area these days, but still pretty quiet and nice to eat outside.
Thank you. Will plan accordingly

facebook twitter