The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Nice start for the new thread Christopher! :cheer2: You are the thread master extraordinaire!! :worship:

Nope - but you can no longer post to it and it will move down a little more every day. A search should bring it up if you need to find some information. Or maybe Stopher placed a link in this thread? I didn't look for that.

Great intro with great pictures and descriptions, Christopher. You do VGC proud.

Awesome pictures, Alison. They make me homesick and I was just there in a one bedroom last week!

Look forward to this thread and all it will contain.

Wonderful job Christopher and Alison!:goodvibes

I love my DVC, too.
I just bought another 100 points (resale from the sponsor of this board). It should close just before Christmas. So now I can book more one bedroom stays because we got spoiled by the bigger units!

Excited for our weekend in Dec to enjoy all the holiday offerings. And the Grand is decked out so beautiful. :lovestruc

Thanks Stopher1 for the new thread.
All great posts so far :)
We look forward to many happy VGC days ahead!

Thanks all... it was fun!

Boy are you fast! Thanks Christopher for adding my trips dates so quickly :).

Tonight yes... not always so quick, but I will get them on sooner or later if people send them to me! :)

I just very quickly scrolled thru the 1st page of the new thread and love, love, love, what I saw! You rock stopher1 :worship:!
I have to finish watching Sunday night football, but I'll be back in a bit to check everything out!

Love this thread!! I do have a question - how does one add the VGC block to your signature?

Dee

I love my DVC, too.
I just bought another 100 points (resale from the sponsor of this board). It should close just before Christmas. So now I can book more one bedroom stays because we got spoiled by the bigger units!

I got so spoiled with the 1 bedrooms, with the cancellation of F&W we discussed using our points for 1 brs (since I added 125 just before they sold out, which conveniently happened before they announced the cancellation of F&W, but I'll get off my soapbox now). However, we decided that we would rather go more often and stay in Studios, we'll probably cancel our F&W stays and see if anything exciting that warrants a stay comes up.

We do have a stay in a 1 br planned with a friend that I met here on the DIS. It will be her first trip to DLR though she's been a CM at WDW and traveled there a lot too.

Love this thread!! I do have a question - how does one add the VGC block to your signature?

Dee

When you have the one you like saved to your computer (you can just right click on any and hit save as), go up to USER CP (near the top left of the screen), and click that, then select Edit Signature (look down the left hand side) - like you would have done to add your ticker. Then just add it in using the InsertImage icon, save it, and there you go.

When you have the one you like saved to your computer (you can just right click on any and hit save as), go up to USER CP (near the top left of the screen), and click that, then select Edit Signature (look down the left hand side) - like you would have done to add your ticker. Then just add it in using the InsertImage icon, save it, and there you go.

THANKS - you are awesome :worship: Your instructions worked perfectly!!!

Cool thread, wasn't there another thread with each floor's floor plan completed with room numbers? If it can posted on the OP will be helpful. Also, it would be great if the room layout can be included in the OP. Thanks again for the good work!

I dont know if I ever posted in the original thread, but I have been following it closely.

We've owned at SSR since Feb of 2008 and added on at VGC after visiting Disneyland for the 1st time (and staying at DLH on points) in June of 2009. We fell completly head over heels in love with everything about Disneyland Resort.

Our first trip to our California home will be a week in March 2011. We can't wait :yay:

Cool thread, wasn't there another thread with each floor's floor plan completed with room numbers? If it can posted on the OP will be helpful. Also, it would be great if the room layout can be included in the OP. Thanks again for the good work!

That a great idea.

Stopher - here's a link to the maps on the GC superthread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36355632&postcount=450

And here's a link to a link of nonsuch's maps of the VGC floors if you wanted to imbed those on your first post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37390729&postcount=2996

Awesome new thread Christopher and wonderful pics Alison!:thumbsup2

I'm so looking forward to our trip this month to see the resort in all it's holiday magic.:santa:

I just want to say that you did a great job on this new thread for VGC!

I am in awe at how quickly the old thread filled up. When I started it, I had just closed on my purchase as a founding member and wanted to celebrate that fact with others. Little did I know that the information shared on the thread would be among some of the most valuable tools used when planning my own vacations to VGC.

Thank you for creating this new thread and for everyone's participation in these threads. This online community has truly helped me enjoy my visits "home" more than I would have ever believed!

We originally bought in June 2009, and after our last trip a month ago had to add on more points through resale because our friends had such a great time they want to join us every year from now on! (New points should close at the end of the month.) We were never able to afford staying at a Disneyland resort hotel before, and now we feel so spoiled but love it! Thanks for making this thread; its so neat to meet my fellow VGC owners virtually. =)

That a great idea.

Stopher - here's a link to the maps on the GC superthread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36355632&postcount=450

And here's a link to a link of nonsuch's maps of the VGC floors if you wanted to imbed those on your first post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37390729&postcount=2996

Thanks to you both - it's still "getting there"... I have a few more things on my list to add. These will definitely be included.

I'll be staying at the GC January 21-28. I'll be celebrating my birthday there on January 27!

WELCOME! to The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0
WELCOME! We're very happy you're here... :)

:worship: Stopher1 awesome job! It's great, please stay with us! :thumbsup2 One of the best decisions I've ever done is the VGC. Can't wait for our next trip, 12/30/10 - 1/2/11....Our very first New Year's experience at Disneyland. :woohoo: Did anyone notice that it's going to be 1/1/11 ?! :scared:

We'll be staying at the VGC from 11/25 to 11/28. I want to order groceries from VONS, however, they are closed and won't deliver on 11/25 and 11/26. Do you think VGC will allow me to have the groceries shipped on 11/24 and hold it for us until our room is ready the next day?

We'll be staying at the VGC from 11/25 to 11/28. I want to order groceries from VONS, however, they are closed and won't deliver on 11/25 and 11/26. Do you think VGC will allow me to have the groceries shipped on 11/24 and hold it for us until our room is ready the next day?

Well, managed to call the hotel, and the bell services manager said that they can hold it until our arrival. Woo hoo! :cool1:

Didn't realize we had a new thread. Darn that job for keeping me from reading the DIS... :)

Can't wait for our first stay as members October 2011. Just booked 5 nights last Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter