The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

You're all good. This thread is closing in on 400 pages with so many twists and turns, it's crazy. As for the valet, the reality is that calling the front desk will give you a wide range of wrong answers and maybe, depending on the person, the correct answer. Good luck and report back!

I'm so happy for you! 😀😀
Thank you! I am so thrilled this all worked out and to have a chance to stay at Grand Cal on top of it all! My husband thinks I'm crazy since this will be my third time in the parks in 12 months, but I tell him I could spend the money on therapy or Disney and this is a much more fun way to find my happy place!

Thank you! We'll soon find out!
You're all good. This thread is closing in on 400 pages with so many twists and turns, it's crazy. As for the valet, the reality is that calling the front desk will give you a wide range of wrong answers and maybe, depending on the person, the correct answer. Good luck and report back!

My husband thinks I'm crazy since this will be my third time in the parks in 12 months
I don't know what is wrong with your husband! I haven't been in the DL parks since March 28! :hyper: Although I was at WDW from April 1-7, but I didn't get a chance to go before I left for Europe almost two weeks ago. Thank goodness I have a trip planned for May 15-17, just at the VDH and not VGC. 😢 But still! I like to go several times a month!

It's definitely better than Therapy!

I don't know what is wrong with your husband! I haven't been in the DL parks since March 28! :hyper: Although I was at WDW from April 1-7, but I didn't get a chance to go before I left for Europe almost two weeks ago. Thank goodness I have a trip planned for May 15-17, just at the VDH and not VGC. 😢 But still! I like to go several times a month!

It's definitely better than Therapy!
Oh wow! That sounds like so much fun to get to travel that often and go to Europe as well! Safe travels on your adventures! :mickeyjum

Hi everyone, I am excitedly preparing for my first trip to VGC. We have a two bedroom villa booked and are going the first week of June. Grad Nite's are taking place that week (meaning a very late WOC show) and I am debating what type of room to request. We have two kids under 3.

Of course the rooms facing Pixar Pier have the best views but just how loud is WOC from those rooms? Do you think it would be better to request a pool or Redwood Challenge Trail room for peace and quiet or are the rooms facing Pixar Pier not that loud?

Thanks for any insights.

We don’t think those rooms are loud at all. With the patio doors closed, you can’t hear anything from WOC. The view is unbeatable!!

Hi! Flying into LAX in early June for a week long trip to Disneyland. Not planning on renting a car. What's the best way to get from LAX to Grand Cali? Uber? Reliable Shuttle? I have 4 people - 3 adults, 1 kiddo.

Thanks!

We were not in a DVC room but in a regular hotel room on the far west side of that wing of the building. 2nd floor facing Goofy's Sky School. And I could hear the bass from the WOC show even with our door closed. But it didn't last very long.

For Grad nights, however, I'd be more concerned about the loud music, in general. I've heard they blast loud music during the party and it can be heard in the DVC wing. I haven't been there to experience this, myself. Just what I've read.

I would absolutely request a pool view if you want to sleep before 1AM. We had 4506 the first week of June 2022 and it was really bad for a few nights. I could hear the lyrics from the songs loud and clear with everything closed up. The bass was completely overwhelming. Luckily it didn’t last until 1AM the whole week.

I would absolutely request a pool view if you want to sleep before 1AM. We had 4506 the first week of June 2022 and it was really bad for a few nights. I could hear the lyrics from the songs loud and clear with everything closed up. The bass was completely overwhelming. Luckily it didn’t last until 1AM the whole week.
I’m in the room right next to that. I got back to my room at about midnight and there was no noise… I think my last night here might be rough though because there’s a grad night😳

We will see how that goes

Hi! Flying into LAX in early June for a week long trip to Disneyland. Not planning on renting a car. What's the best way to get from LAX to Grand Cali? Uber? Reliable Shuttle? I have 4 people - 3 adults, 1 kiddo.

Thanks!
Uber or Lyft.

I had a pretty crazy Uber driver yesterday. He definitely got me here quick but I think I might be traumatized.

100% this. We have had stays overlap a grad night and it was considerably more noticeable than the WOC noise. Also, the 2bdrm we were just in during March had a sliding door that no longer seals properly (I"m sure they'll address it when they refurb) and the noise was not well dampened at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter