The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed that we are starting to approach the maximum thread limit? Only 19 pages left! :eek:

I noticed that earlier this week.

I can't believe our Panama Canal cruise is on thread #4, they're a chatty group.:laughing:

Well a few more weeks and we'll be enjoying our 2 bdrm villas!:thumbsup2

Has anyone noticed that we are starting to approach the maximum thread limit? Only 19 pages left! :eek:

Ironic you mention that... Between yesterday and today, I just thoroughly read the entire thing! popcorn::

DW and I are currently non-members, but that might soon be changing as we agreed to a resale for VGC and sent in the paperwork to TTS today. From what I can tell our ROFR wait should be starting shortly... (and to think, a few short weeks ago I didn't know what ANY of those acronyms meant... lol)

I now have a massive directory of helpful information I've gathered from this thread, and feel like I'm already an expert having never stayed there!

I'll give you all the full story if/when everything comes through... But in advance, thanks everyone for a few years worth of information! :worship:

Leaving tomorrow for our one bedroom! Got most things packed and plan on cooking dinner a few nights we are there. Can't wait to check in!

Just needed to share my excitement with my fellow Disney lovers that we were able to change our studio to a 1-bedroom for our 1st trip to Disneyland and 1st trip as DVC members :banana:!

Just needed to share my excitement with my fellow Disney lovers that we were able to change our studio to a 1-bedroom for our 1st trip to Disneyland and 1st trip as DVC members :banana:!

The one bedroom will spoil you! You won't want to go back to a studio. We mostly do studios because it is just DD23 & I, but man, the bigger units are so luxurious.:cloud9:

I hope your resale goes through, Matt. Smart man doing your homework.

Five of us from the DL Diva group are checking into a two bedroom tomorrow and going to the Halloween party at DL. We will all be pirate wenches.pirate: I am so excited and am sure we will have a fabulous time. Wish us luck getting a primo view unit like 6502 that RweThereyet just checked out of!:thumbsup2

I guess I should've been paying more attention...where is the best place to order groceries from for delivery to the villas? Are there any restrictions? Do we need to be there when they're delivered or will Bell Services sign and store them?

Five of us from the DL Diva group are checking into a two bedroom tomorrow and going to the Halloween party at DL. We will all be pirate wenches.pirate: I am so excited and am sure we will have a fabulous time. Wish us luck getting a primo view unit like 6502 that RweThereyet just checked out of!:thumbsup2

Well Missy--I went before work this morning and checked us in and the CM told me that our 2 bedroom villa has a great view of the park from the fifth floor! Now if we can get it before 4 pm so we can put those costumes on in time!

I've been waiting a long time since my last visit home, but today I went under 30 days til my next VGC stay! :) And another one just a month after that... I'm getting so excited. :cool1:

I've been waiting a long time since my last visit home, but today I went under 30 days til my next VGC stay! :) And another one just a month after that... I'm getting so excited. :cool1:

26 more days for me! And this will be our first DVC stay! Sooo excited!!:cool1:

I guess I should've been paying more attention...where is the best place to order groceries from for delivery to the villas? Are there any restrictions? Do we need to be there when they're delivered or will Bell Services sign and store them?

You can order from Vons. The only restriction is that if you order alcohol, you need to be there to sign for it. I think you get free delivery on your first order over $50. I tried them a couple weeks ago when I was too sick to go to the grocery store. I wasn't thrilled (they were four hours late on the delivery window, my ice cream had melted, and the veggies weren't that great), but it was certainly better than going to the store.

I've also heard (I think on this thread) about a place called Wonderland Liquor. 1178 W Katella Ave Anaheim, CA 92802 (714) 535-0127. Evidently they are a Mom & Pop store that has a great wine selection and limited groceries. You can call them up and find out their delivery policies, but the poster who mentioned them said that they were more flexible than Vons, and since they're small they got more personalized service. I'd love to see someone from the DISboards review them on Yelp. A bunch of local people have reviewed them, but they're pretty *strange* reviews, but the store does get high marks.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Yay for you! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was going to be there on the 13th (Concert band was hopefully going to play on the 14th), but instead Disney gave us our 2nd choice date of the 21st, so I had to cancel my VGC room and book at the DLH on points for the 20th instead. I haven't stayed there in over 10 years so that should be fun!

Well Missy--I went before work this morning and checked us in and the CM told me that our 2 bedroom villa has a great view of the park from the fifth floor! Now if we can get it before 4 pm so we can put those costumes on in time!

Jealous jealous jealous jealous..... If I hop on a flight right now I could get there and sneak in and you ladies would never even notice me... :littleangel:

The one bedroom will spoil you! You won't want to go back to a studio. We mostly do studios because it is just DD23 & I, but man, the bigger units are so luxurious.:cloud9:

I hope you get that great view, too, just look over top of the construction and you will enjoy all you see.

Actually, with all the rain we had, we were in the room at various times of the day, and it was very interesting to see all the workers sitting around in the morning, then the same ones sitting around at lunch, and then the same ones sitting around in the afternoon. It seemed there were some that never ever did anything at all but sit on their coolers. For each one working, there were 2 or 3 sitting on their coolers. :rotfl:

You ladies have a great time and enjoy your villa.

Actually, with all the rain we had, we were in the room at various times of the day, and it was very interesting to see all the workers sitting around in the morning, then the same ones sitting around at lunch, and then the same ones sitting around in the afternoon. It seemed there were some that never ever did anything at all but sit on their coolers. For each one working, there were 2 or 3 sitting on their coolers. :rotfl:
QUOTE]

That would be a tough job for me, sitting around at DLR but not being able to go to DLR. Unless of course they do get a chance to sneak off and ride some rides.

Thanks Alison for the Vons & Wonderland Liquor info. I'll probably use Von's this time as my sister wants to order some breakfast stuff for the kids and I doubt they could mess that up too bad.

I keep thinking the same thing about not wanting to go back to a studio, I'm hoping since it's just the 2 of us we can handle it for awhile. If not, we'll just have to add-on - won't be easy for VGC in sold-out status and very little on the resale market, but doesn't mean we can't add-on some more AKV points!

Hope your Halloween trip with the DL Diva group is perfect - don't forget to share some pics with us!

I just wanted to give a great "Thank you" to everyone who helped answer my questions last week! You guys are great and I knew this was the place to get the answers! Thanks again! :goodvibes We are headed up first thing in the morning and we can't wait!

A have a couple of questions, based on "ifs" :lmao: One of the options for next years holiday end September is staying at VCG. Planning on renting points for a one bedroom. We won't know our final plan until the end of January and I'm researching now so I'm ready to go when we find out if Dear Niece is coming too!

The pull out bed - do they have metal bars. Are they comfy for a week? It would be DD will be 9, or DN7 sleeping there. DD is already the height of most 10 year olds and we have a year to go.

2nd question - if DN doesn't come could the mattress on the Murphy bed be moved to the main bedroom, or fit an air bed? DD doesn't sleep well if at all in a room by herself, long story. If we can't move it in, we would try to get the studio, hence question about the bed...

As always, thank you.

...Planning on renting points for a one bedroom.
The pull out bed - do they have metal bars. Are they comfy for a week?
There are no "bar" to keep kids from falling out, if that is what you are asking.
The pullout sofa is not very comfortable, but most kids would not mind. The fold down murphy bed has a solid bottom, and might be a little better.

2nd question - if DN doesn't come could the mattress on the Murphy bed be moved to the main bedroom
I have not tried it, but the murphy bed mattress is small and most likely could be moved to the bedroom.

I just booked the Grand Villa for the first weekend in June :thumbsup2
Star Tours and Little Mermaid should be open :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter