the villages??

The Villages is a beautiful Senior Community with lots of activities, but I wouldn't classify it as a resort and it is quite a distance from WDW. We've been there but not stayed there.
Not positive but isn't Lady Lake just south of Sanford? Closer than the Villages, but close to an hr from WDW.
If you are looking for a FL rental, not necessarily a WDW vacation, then both communities are nice.

The Villages is the largest adult retirement community in the USA, with a population approaching 100,000 people...it is about 70 miles North of Orlando, about a 70 minute drive. It is the most exciting retirement community you can imagine. An amazing place....golf, tennis, swimming, fishing, shopping, restaurants...you name it, they have it. People get younger there, not older !!

Lady Lake is very close to The Villages. It is a separate town.

Correct, Lady Lake is very close to the Villages, which both are just south of Ocala.

There are hotels in the Villages, but nothing resort style (last time I was up there anyway). But like others said, if you're considering it for a Disney vacation, it would be a trek both ways.

My cousin got married in the Church in the Square at the Villages (not sure where the capitals go on that one!). It's a very quaint little community...lots of unique shopping, restaruants, etc. But we were only there for the weekend, so I"m not sure how much "fun" it is for the long term. If you're a people watcher, you can't go wrong!! Once you get there, you'll know:eek:

We stayed at the Microtel Inn right there. The rooms were clean/spacious, and very reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter