The Very Merry Unbirthday Chronicles: With a Birthday in Between

sparrow10_

Savvy?
Greetings to all!

I've been debating if I should go ahead and do a trip report or not.. it would be my first one and I feel so unprepared in terms of forum savvy! I have read a few reports and people are so organized with all these pictures, having a table of content and even multi quote replies. I will have to learn these things quickly!

If you do feel like following along my trip I appreciate it. I think I'm a babbler and can talk, or in this case type, without a determined course, so I hope that the overall report ends up being entertaining.

I will be using the guideline questions to give a deeper insight into my trip:

Party

For this trip it will be my mom and me, originally it was going to be a solo trip, but after very little convincing (if you can believe it.. right?) my mom has decided to join the trip. I'm in my early 30's and my mom in her early 60's ( writing these ages gives me a daunting sense! Where has time gone..)

A little bit about us.. we are Disney veterans. I think my first trip to WDW was before I turned 1, and since then we've gone countless of times. I wont deny that we had some dry years, mainly around the 2010 to 2016 era. We did not go at all until I accepted a Disney College Program, my mom was able to come visit me during my second or third month and we had a fun week there. It wasn't until May 2022 that we visited Orlando again, then January 2023, then we went on a cruise that same month, then I visited with my friends in April 2023, then we just had another cruise this past January '24 and now we are heading over in just 9 days to Orlando! I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to brag, I just think that we are making up for time lost during all those years we didn't travel.

My favorite park, and I believe that my mom's favorite would be the same, is Epcot. I have always been fascinated by it. Maybe as someone that likes different cultures it has always drawn me in, I know it's not covering the whole world but still it's a fun experience. My "DCP" was in Epcot, so it just cemented my love for it. For this trip we are doing one park day, and it will be here. I can't wait to have breakfast in La Patisserie Des Halles (I'm unsure if I butchered the name), visit Elsa & Anna, walk around the showcase and have multiple type of foods from the Flower & Garden Booths. I decided on doing just that one park since we have been frequently going, we need to miss the parks a little bit more to warrant spending on those tickets!

Hope that this gives an insight into us, I think it's not super personal, so if anyone has any questions please do ask them and I would be more than happy to answer. Help me make this more interesting I guess. :hyper:

Travel Dates

I just bought the airplane tickets yesterday, which might sound crazy as we leave Austin, Tx on the 20th of April, and we will be heading back on the 1st of May. Our first flight is non-stop while the returning flight has a layover, which sucks but it is what it is. I'm a bit nervous about our flight as it leaves at 7:50 A.M. I just don't have a great history of waking up early, so I hope that all turns out well.

Hotel

We will be staying offsite, we always do as my parents got dragged into one of those timeshare deals many years ago, thankfully the cost is paid in full so it's just dues at this point. That being said we will be staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club Tuscany Village Orlando (phew that was a mouthful). I really like the location as you can basically walk across the street and you're at the Vineland Outlets, and you also have the Green/Red Line that goes up and down I-Drive, you also have a Lynx stop outside the hotel. An uber to Disney Springs is only about 10-15 minutes and the cost isn't that bad, I will try to put my uber/transportation costs as the days pass.

ADRs

To tell or not to tell... okay I will tell. So far we got:

The Boathouse (Birthday Dinner)
'Ohana for both breakfast and dinner
1900s Park Fare Breakfast
Boma
Ale & Compass breakfast
Sebastian's Bistro

I really hope to get Topolino's Terrace breakfast for my birthday, I will be checking a day prior to scout for any dropped reservations. So far i have been practicing and I have had luck finding for the next day multiple times.

So far I'm debating on getting any ADRs for Epcot. I kind of want to go to Biergarten again but we may stick to quick service and Flower & Garden Booths.

Itinerary

This is hard to answer as there is an itinerary and at the same time not. I just know that we are going to Epcot on thursday and we also have all those ADRs on certain dates, but besides that I think we are coming up with a very relaxing and open itinerary. It really depends what we feel like during the day. My mom loves shopping and so far she hasn't gone to the bigger outlets nor the Millenia Mall so I will be taking her to those, I also know we will spend more than a few evenings at Disney Springs. I also want to resort hop and explore some resorts that we haven't gone to yet, for example Wilderness Lodge and the Fort Wilderness Area. We will do Mini Golf and just try to have a very chill week. I will have to work remote on the 29th, 30th and 1st, but it's always better to work from over there!

I hope that you've gotten a fair idea of what the trip looks like. I will be as descriptive and graphic as I can and try to share the fun!

Thank you for reading along..

-Sparrow

Your trip sounds like it shaping up great so far! It's really special to be traveling with your mom- I hope you both have a great week. Your ADR's are also yummy- Looking forward to hearing about your adventures :-)

Your trip sounds like it shaping up great so far! It's really special to be traveling with your mom- I hope you both have a great week. Your ADR's are also yummy- Looking forward to hearing about your adventures :-)
Thank you! Definitely excited and will be happy to report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter