The Vault - Current Status in 2018?

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by ForEver2016, Jan 21, 2018.

1. ForEver2016

ForEver2016 Mouseketeer

We just started building our Disney movie collection. Of course, a lot of my favorites are currently in the vault. Here is a list of the movies that are currently in the vault (as far as I can tell. I may be missing some):

- Fantasia
    - Cinderella
    - Sleeping Beauty
    - Peter Pan
    - 101 Dalmatians
    - Jungle Book
    - The Little Mermaid
    - Aladdin

So, my question is two-fold:
    1. Does anyone know the release dates for any of the above? Any of these coming out in 2018?
    2. Are there any movies out currently that are going into the vault in 2018 that I should be sure to get now?

Thanks!!

2. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

A lot of these just recently went back in the vault (Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, 101 Dalmatians, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book), so it may be a while before they come back out again. I don't know how soon they might be going back in the vault, but ones that are currently out that will definitely going back at some point are Snow White, Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast (animated), Bambi, and The Lion King. Snow White has been out the longest (2 years), so my guess is that that's the next one to go back in. It's not on your list, but Lady and the Tramp is coming out of the vault on February 27.

ForEver2016 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ForEver2016

ForEver2016 Mouseketeer

Oh man, looks like I just missed some of my favorites!! Do they typically put a bunch of movies in the vault at the same time? That seems like a lot at once!

5. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

No, when I said recently, I meant within the last 2 years. I know Aladdin was last year, and I think 101 Dalmatians was too. I think the others were from 2016, but not all at once.

ForEver2016 likes this.
  6. ForEver2016

ForEver2016 Mouseketeer

Gotcha, thanks for the info!!

7. Grace_face90

Grace_face90 Earning My Ears

You can still get The Jungle Book, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, and Cinderella if you join and collect Disney Movie Rewards. They're still available there.

8. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

It's pretty rare these days when blu-rays come out without them, and definitely anything coming out of the vault the last few years has had them.

9. speeb

speeb Mouseketeer

Right, just wondering specifically about the DMC copies. I might need to look into it again!

10. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

What they sell on DMC isn't different from what you can buy from anywhere else.

speeb likes this.
  11. maverik85

maverik85 Mouseketeer

Another option is to look at second hand stores that buy movies from people. I've gotten a lot from them before if something I want can't be found in stores or its jstu a lot cheaper there.

12. shanstan

shanstan Earning My Ears

Yes, many of them do, even the "free" ones you get when you sign up. I have almost all my movies on digital as well.

13. Anon7900

Anon7900 Earning My Ears

Hi! Did you get Aladdin or Aladdin 2/3? I couldn’t find Aladdin at DMC even in April! If regular Aladdin, which version? I do see 2 and 3 on there. Thank you for your time!

14. shanstan

shanstan Earning My Ears

I have Alladin and I got it last year from the movie club when I signed up but I don’t think it’s available anymore. 2/3 are available in a blu ray/dvd/digital combo

15. shanstan

shanstan Earning My Ears

Most of the movies have digital copies through the movie club. You can also preorder new releases, like black panther and incredibles 2 that just came out in theaters.

16. Pmlocke

Pmlocke Peter Locke

I'm going to do my annual rant about Song of the South. Was able to get a DVD of the movie in England. Great movie. Time to revisit their policy regarding this film.

AurumPunzel likes this.
  17. AurumPunzel

AurumPunzel Mouseketeer

Seconded. When I went to the Disney Store in Times Square back in March, they were playing Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da all over the tannoy and even one of the CMs I chatted with acknowledged the presence of Song of the South, and we got chatting about it.

18. TrueNorthDisney

TrueNorthDisney Earning My Ears

I only wanted the digital copies, so I joined the DMC with a promo code, got my free movies, upgraded to blu ray on my account for another free (or $2?) title and bought the 3 remaining. All with digital copies.
    As the movies arrived, I used the digital codes and Disney Movie Rewards points (earned another one free) and then sold the unwatched DVD’s / Blu Rays on Marketplace or FB bidding sites.
    All said and done I ended up paying about $5 each or less.
    The DMC did have some hard to find titles.