The Vacation Nazi and Mr. Spontaneity attempting to do Disney again

I'm telling you...just move down there. Then it'll be like vacation everyday! :) (And I'll have somewhere to stay if *I* go there!) :rotfl:

I couldn't live in FLA year-round ... the fun would be lost after the first year or so. We can just stay with Janet! :lmao:

You know you're overplanning when you feel like you want to plan your NEXT Disney vacation because it feels like you've already lived through the one you're waiting to arrive.

My husband and I bought our DD a hat today for Whispering Canyon

pinktiaracowgirlhat.jpg

LOVE it! :lol: It lights up in the tiara. Actually, I think it's white feathery stuff instead of sequins around the rim.

Oh, and I got my Mickey Mail today :banana: Gotta remember to put that with my stuff I've been stowing away.

I did get a chance to use my bag I bought for the trip .. not sure what to think. (We went to a local fair today and I used it). I don't know if it'll be too heavy, or if it was just because I had a headache from it being so cold. I almost want to go buy one I saw at an outdoor store to be sure it's comfortable.

I've tried every type of bag under the sun (even the fashion no-no known as the fanny pack!) I've finally given up and just let Ray carry a smallish backpack. He doesn't seem to mind, and I've got a wallet thing that I put in my pocket for my ID's, KTTW cards, etc. :confused3

P.S. LOVE the hat!!

The bag I had for my honeymoon was perfect. I got it at a shoe store somewhere at some mall (I think?). This one is OK, and holds a good amount, including two water bottles in side pockets .. maybe that's why I was irritated with it.

I'm thinking I might go get that one I liked and use both of them, switch off for the days I don't need so much with me. Russ is going to kick my butt if I keep buying stuff :)

I don't know why I don't want to wear a backpack. I know *I* would end up lugging it around. I might hit the mall later and see if that bag I originally liked is on sale.

Enjoying your PRT! Your DD is adorable!!!

Your trip sounds wonderful!

I had one little suggestion. On your Epcot day I would meet your DH at the Character Connection after getting fast passes for Soarin. I know you plan to do the Visa meet & greet which is great because you get the free photo and lots of other photos on your photopass but I have never seen more than 3 characters there-sometimes only 2. At the Character Connection you see all of the fab 5 and often 1 more around the corner. It can get crazy long lines but if you get fast passes for Soarin and then go right back to the Character Connection the lines shouldn't be too bad.

All your other plans sound great!!!

A lot of my reservations have mixed/bad reviews (Tony's, WCC, etc) but until I try them, they're all fair game. We'll just know for next time!
We ate at Tony's for the first time in August and really enjoyed it. I only got a salad because we were doing the dessert party that night. DH got shrimp scampi and it looked good. He enjoyed it. I have to say you made the right decision on the dessert party. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea for us to do it on our arrival day. We were all so tired my kids all asked me if we could just go back to the hotel-so we didn't even stay for the fireworks. The desserts were good but not worth the $$$ and especially now that it has gone up in price.

Hi! I've just caught up and I'm so glad someone else can go Disney-crazy:rotfl: Although even DH got it in the end - the night before we went, after we got the kids to bed, we sat and watched the planning DVDs on our own just going "we're going to BE there!!!!!" My younger DS was 5 when we went - its a lovely age, as they're young enough for the magic but old enough to have a little stamina;)

:welcome: to both of you!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make a note of that in my book .. my problem is that my DH doesn't want to miss out on ANYthing concerning my DD, so while he's in M:S, I was going to take her to something tame so he wouldn't miss it. Plus, I'd kind of like him in pictures with us and the characters :laughing: But maybe I'll spend that time going to get my F&WF gift card and park maps, etc. I'm not TOO overly concerned about character meetings becuse we have enough character meals to allow her to meet them all - the only one I'll be insanely nuts over is her meeting the fairies - she LOVES Tinkerbell!

My DH is coming around in terms of getting excited. He's been discussing how much money we're bringing for the trip, what time we're going to leave, etc.

Went to the Disney Store today to pick up my preordered Snow White DVD. With each preorder, you get a coupon that's either worth $20 off a purchase of $40 or more, OR just $10 off any purchase. My mother had bought one too (for someone's DD) and so we met at the mall to use the coupons.

I grabbed three T shirts for DD while we're there - they were on sale for $4.99, then antoher 25% off, so with the $10 off, I got three T shirts for $1.22. :woohoo: I have my box of Ziploc bags, I should started organizing her clothes now :laughing:

Hey! I'm taking my dd4 for her first trip the week before you. We have most of the same park days. I too was second guessing my choices. But I'm really hoping that we will be okay with the smaller crowds. I think they are always labeled worst days if they are emh parks. But I think we will need them to fit as much in as I want to and still go at a comfy pace for a preschooler. We should be at epcot the same day as you. Looking forward to your report.

Wow, maybe we'll run into each other on some preschooler-friendly attraction :laughing: Watch for my DD - she's about as tall as a 6-7 year old and will be wearing a white T with navy Mickeys all over it (yes, I've planned most of her clothing for this trip ;) ) I'll be the one attempting to drink everything in site, and my husband is built like a linebacker. :lmao: We'll be easy to spot.

Anyway, welcome! I'm going to sub to your PTR, but it's past midnight around my parts and I have a LONG day tomorrow, so I'll catch up on your planning soon!

we Will be the one with a large group- probably a fussy adult or two included! Maybe we will see you at the beer stand or illuminations? Right now we have plans to finish the day snacking through food and wine and grab some nachos to snack on while we wait for illuminations.
Forgot to mention- I understand the family thing. Dh has never been and his bro, our sil and our niece are going the week after we return. I swear my mil is pissed about it. But it's not my fault it wasn't a priority for her. I'm not going to deny my kids just because she never went.

Went to the Disney Store today to pick up my preordered Snow White DVD. With each preorder, you get a coupon that's either worth $20 off a purchase of $40 or more, OR just $10 off any purchase. My mother had bought one too (for someone's DD) and so we met at the mall to use the coupons.

I grabbed three T shirts for DD while we're there - they were on sale for $4.99, then another 25% off, so with the $10 off, I got three T shirts for $1.22. :woohoo: I have my box of Ziploc bags, I should started organizing her clothes now :laughing:

Hmm.. i attempted to do the same thing you did, and walked out spending over 100 clams.... glad you had better success than I did!!

Oh, I'll be at the beer stand, alright. :laughing:

And I had no choice about the spending at TDS - I went in with a $20 bill and knew I wanted to stop for lunch somewhere, so .. ;)

THREE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW WE LEAVE! It can't come fast enough! At least now my husband is getting into it .. we know we're stopping two nights on the way home, and he's mentioned wanting to make a pit stop at Virginia Beach .. wondering where else we can stop.

yeah for dh getting into it.
mine can't make up his mind. one day its, i can't wait for vacation. the next it is like all he can think about is the dollar signs. i know that my dh and yours will have a blast once there

I want to start packing my DD's clothes .. we're in jeans and sweatshirts around here. It's been freezing cold at night! I keep saying I'm going to do it and then I get distracted (mostly by these boards!)

I think I'm avoiding doing it because I KNOW my husband is going to look at me strange when I start packing outfits into Ziploc bags ... I mentioned that and he laughed, asked if I was planning on doing that. I said "No, no .. that's a bit extreme." But I am.

I want to start packing my DD's clothes .. we're in jeans and sweatshirts around here. It's been freezing cold at night! I keep saying I'm going to do it and then I get distracted (mostly by these boards!)

I think I'm avoiding doing it because I KNOW my husband is going to look at me strange when I start packing outfits into Ziploc bags ... I mentioned that and he laughed, asked if I was planning on doing that. I said "No, no .. that's a bit extreme." But I am.

the weather is changing here too.... i can't decide if its good or bad. on the one hand, it means clean clothes to pack this weekend (hopefully) on the other, it means that i have to take the time to change out the kids tiny closets from warm to cold clothing.

i'm going to do the ziplock too i think. When we can get dd up 5 minutes before we leave, throw on her bag, brush her teeth, and give her a poptart for the bus, he'll be quite glad our morning grumpy was packed efficiently.

That's what I'm thinking .. he's SUCH a morning person, I am NOT. And I usually take on getting our DD ready for the day, so he'll love it when I'm not sifting thorugh piles of clothes, trying to figure out what she's wearing.

Was at Walmart earlier and got some disinfectant wipes. Gonna pack those and throw a few in a baggie every morning. Just to give some rides a quick wipe before we go on them (since we're going during flu season, I do NOT want our trip cut short! So I'm taking precautions!)

My DH wants me to wait until next Monday to start packing. I want to do it now but he'd like to avoid having luggage and bags everywhere. I guess I see his point. We have so much going on this next week (company for dinner tonight, I'm going out with some girls tomorrow, my mother is visiting next week Mon-Tues, Wednesday I'm taking DD to the Dis Store for the Halloween thing they're doing there, next Saturday I'm taking her to a local Halloween event, next Sunday we have a baby shower AND a concert) then that last week of October I'll spend packing, buying last minute stuff and preparing.

This is what I'd love to do: next Friday, I stay up late (not a problem! :laughing: ) and sleep in late. My DH takes a nap midday while I start packing the car. After trick or treating, we get DD ready for bed and leave around 10pm. I'll drive until about 2-3am and then DH takes over. We drive as far south as we can that whole day (Sunday) and stay at a hotel wherever we land (preferably southern S. Carolina or Georgia). Then we can leave after rush hour Monday morning and still get to the World early enough to do some stuff that day (Downtown Disney, unpack, ADR at 8pm)

HE would rather just get up and start the drive around 3-4am. He'll drive as far as he can (he'd prefer to at least get by DC before letting me drive) and then stop around 8pm for the night. I don't care, but I DON'T want to be getting to the World at like 5-6pm and then feel rushed to unpack and make it to our ADR without being able to do anything else. He said we'll make the decision that night when we see how we feel, how rested we are, how much sleep we've gotten those previous two nights, etc.

Aside from that, I still need to figure out what my DD will wear to Animal Kindgom. I have special shirts for each park except that one. And she doesn't have anything from like The Lion King or Nemo or anything relevant. Guess I'll be heading back to the Dis Store soon :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter