• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Vacation Nazi and Mr. Spontaneity attempting to do Disney again

Especially with all that "falling off the stage" crap he's doing lately :laughing:

I don't know why, but I've been stressing over park order lately. I've read that the worst day to go to Epcot is Tuesday (which we are) and the worst to go to MK is Thursday (which we are) and the worst for HS is Sunday 9which we are .. on a Fantasmic night). Add to that Jersey Week and free dining (I've started a thread about it :) ) and I've been looking into whether I can switch some ADRs around. Some I can, others I can't. And I think DH wants to keep Sunday at HS because he wants to see Fantasmic with DD. I do too, but not if it means it'll be mobbed.

One time at WDW, we went on a busy day - MK was closed at 930am because they were to capacity. That was in March? I don't remember if it was a weekend, though, or if anything was going on. My DD is very patient, though, so I should just let it go and work on my "must buy" list.

I wish I could pack today. :rotfl:

i think you should just keep what you have and go wit the flow! Getting too caught up in, what is the best time to go where will oly lead to stress. No matter what happens, it is Disney World and if you have a fun family, it will be fun!

I know, I need to stop reading all of these guidebooks and online information sites :laughing:

One thing I DID do was change an ADR. We had Planet Hollywood booked for our first night and we weren't really 100% on that. We didn't have any reservations where my DD was sure to meet Cinderella, so I changed it to 1900 Park Fair (Fare?) for that first night. The res is late (9pm) but if I can get an earlier one, I'll change it. If not I'll be sure to have her take a nap in the car on the way there. Or at the hotel, if we check in early enough.

I know, I need to stop reading all of these guidebooks and online information sites :laughing:

One thing I DID do was change an ADR. We had Planet Hollywood booked for our first night and we weren't really 100% on that. We didn't have any reservations where my DD was sure to meet Cinderella, so I changed it to 1900 Park Fair (Fare?) for that first night. The res is late (9pm) but if I can get an earlier one, I'll change it. If not I'll be sure to have her take a nap in the car on the way there. Or at the hotel, if we check in early enough.

I know.. sometimes I get so caught up in the "dis" that I forget it is JUST a vacation. A family vacation that will rule so long as i kepp in mind that I am with my family and that is all that matters!

As for 1900, I am so scared for it. We NEVER do dinner buffets, but decided to try 1900 Park Fare this year. It gets terrible reviews, so I am hoping they are just from really picky people LOL. I will make sure to report back!

A lot of my reservations have mixed/bad reviews (Tony's, WCC, etc) but until I try them, they're all fair game. We'll just know for next time!

I think i am in the minority, but we actually liked Tony's quite a bit! Idk if it was because we went in thinking it would be god awful, but whatever we liked it! Service did suck though ;/ WCC was also decent. Was it mind blowing?? no, but it was yummy, and the whole dining experience could not be beat!

I work for a gourmet chef, so I think I have a better more understanding side of food. Not everything is meant to be mind blowing all the time, and not eevryone has the same taste palette. Some people just LOVE buffets and Disney gets that! I am sure I will find a couple good things on it, those that say there was nothing, I think may be the problem, not the buffet:thumbsup2

Found you! lol

We did the same thing about changing resorts based solely on how much ASMo would stoke our daughters. We stayed at POR in Jan/Feb and they liked it alright, but it was just another hotel. This time we expect them to flip OUT!

I agree, inkedupmomma. My Mom was a professional chef and I am always shocked by what some people give low marks to based on it being unfamiliar. I'm all for trying whatever floats our own boat, and deciding for ourselves! (The food pic thread doesn't hurt, either...)

I've been DROOLING over the food thread the last week :laughing: I told my husband I need to stop looking at food and get my butt to the gym so I don't feel bad about gaining a few lbs. over this vacation!

You know what prompted our bookng a second trip this year? Uploading my food pics from January to the food pic thread! I hope the DIS gets a cut of Disney's profits... lol

I just realized that I read your last trip report! The Lego place stood out at me because my nephew (turning 5 this Sunday - the one who was supposed to go to Disney with us/then after us) LOVES Legos and I've made a note to get him something from there.

Speaking of that, we just heard that my DH's cousin and husband have canceled their trip. Not sure why - some are saying they were told because of finances, some were told it was because we weren't going the same week as them anymore. Not sure, but I'm not worried about it. They aren't Disney freaks like us, so I'm sure they're already over it.

i think you should just keep what you have and go wit the flow! Getting too caught up in, what is the best time to go where will oly lead to stress. No matter what happens, it is Disney World and if you have a fun family, it will be fun!

I completely agree... just go with the flow.

A lot of my reservations have mixed/bad reviews (Tony's, WCC, etc) but until I try them, they're all fair game. We'll just know for next time!

We love Tony's...and I know it always gets a bad review but we had such a great time there in 2008. Everyone's experience will be different...

I've looked at the menu AND the pics, and I'm looking forward to it! Granted, I plan on getting the sirloin (I eat enough Italian food with my in-laws) but still .. looks good.

Oh, and to make up for it, I WILL get the more Italian tiramisu. ;)

OK, FINAL list of schedule with ADRs. I think .. :rotfl:

Sunday, Nov. 1 - Leaving NH as early as humanly possible. DH is an early riser, so screw it, I'll sleep in the car. Seing that Halloween is the night before, I predict a sleepy child and lots of candy for the ride to our first hotel that night.

Monday, Nov. 2 - Hopefully arrive around 4pm (check-in time). Get our stuff into the room and go to DD. Possibilities for that night are going to Mickey's Mart, Planet Hollywood (just for an appetizer) and/or maybe that balloon ride? It'll all depends on timing. Dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare at 8:05pm. Edited to add that I arranged for the chocolate slipper dessert to be sent to our table that night. I had them put "Welcome Talia" on the plate.

Tuesday, Nov. 3 - EPCOT (EMH in the AM). DH goes to do Mission: Space while DD and I get FPs for Soarin, then meet up at the Seas. Do as much of Future World as we can (including MS, TT, Soarin', character meet & greet for Visa cardholders, Nemo, Turtle Talk and some Kidcot spots) Have lunch at the Rose & Crown pub and take our time around the WS. I WOULD like to catch British Invasion and Off Kilter, do the "Pick a Pearl" in Japan and see Billy Ocean at the American Gardens Theater. My DH hasn't said anything in particular that he wants to do, so he'll be stuck donig what *I* want to do! :laughing: 6:50pm Princess Dinner at Akershus, then park our butts at the waterside tables in Mexico with margaritas and wait for Illuminations.

Wednesday, Nov. 4 - MAGIC KINGDOM. Head towards the castle and see Tinkerbell's Treasures (DD LOVES her!) I'll get FPs for BTMR and I'll meet DH and DD at the entrance of Toontown so she can hopefully meet Tink. After that, I have a BIG list of stuff we want to do and see (tops are Philharmagic, Splash, BTMR, Toontown houses, Buzz, Laughfloor and Haunted Mansion). Tony's dinner reservations at 6:25pm.

Thursday, Nov. 5 - MAGIC KINGDOM again. (EMH in the AM). Do whatever we didn't get a chance to the day before. Maybe head back to the hotel for a nap and a swim, since we have 7:55pm reservations at Chef Mickey's.

Friday, Nov. 6 - ANIMAL KINGDOM. (EMH in the PM). I get FPs for Everest and meet DH and DD at Dinoland (or whatever it's called) DH goes on Dinosaur and meets us at the Boneyard when he's done. I'd love to see Nemo right away, but we'll see. Big attractions we want to see other than those are FotLK, Kali River, Safari .. 5pm reservations at Yak & Yeti's. I'm not sure we'll need those EMH because we don't plan on doing *everything* at that park.

Saturday, Nov. 7 - Hotel/Pool day. 3:20pm tea reservations at Garden View Tea Lounge with DD, and then meet DH for our 5:15pm reservations for the Spirit of Aloha luau. IF it rains, we'll eat at Kona Cafe.

Sunday, Nov. 8 - Hollywood Studios. I grab FPs for TSM and meet DH and DD at Little Mermaid. We plan on doing/seeing about 2/3rds of the stuff here, but it's a small park, so do-able. Currently, we have 8:20am AND 515pm reservations to Hollywood & Vine. We have to figure out which to keep. DH doesn't want to be pressured to be at the park that early, but I said that since the day before is a pool day, and the luau isn't late, we should have no trouble getting to sleep earlier than usual.

Monday, Nov. 9 - Pool/hotel day. Whispering Canyon at 7:35pm

Tuesday, Nov. 10 - Leaving today :( Cape May Cafe at 910 am. and hoping to stop at the Disney outlet on the way home (Mwahahaaaaa)

Going through all of this, I realize I have ADR confirmations EVERYWHERE. I've got to organize this crap.

Hey! :laughing: Are you going to do a PTR too? You'll have to take pics of POFQ since we were going to stay there .. but you've done the value resorts before, right?

Hmm...not sure if I'll do a PTR. It probably wouldn't hurt. I'm feeling anxious because it's only a month away.
Last time we stayed at Pop (which we LOVED), but this will be our first time at a moderate. I think I'm most excited about the water slide :lmao:

Looking at your plan, our restaurants are also pretty similar. We're also doing WCC, Akershus, Spirit of Aloha and Hollywood & Vine. I wasn't able to get any Chef Mickey's ressies, but I'll keep trying.

I guess it doesn't matter if you don't do one, I'll know all about it anyway :lmao:

Do you know which days you're going where yet?

Good point! The girls are going to get so sick of our Disney talk :)

Yeah...here's what I booked this AM:

Saturday 10/17 4:55 Princess Storybook at Akershus
Sunday 10/18 5:15 Whispering Canyon
Monday 10/19 3:45 Sci Fi Dine In (going to Fantasmic that night)
Tuesday 10/20 3:30 Crystal Palace (MNSSHP that night)
Wednesday 10/21 7:00 Le Chefs de France
Thursday 10/22 6:10 Hollywood & Vine
Friday 10/23 8:00 Sprit of Aloha

I was bummed I couldn't get a later ressie for Sci Fi, but I think it'll be okay. I remember last time we went there even with an ADR we waited about 20 minutes, and then we were there about hour. So if we follow the same timeline this time it will give us time to get in line for decent seats at Fantasmic at 7:30.

Wow, about half are the same :laughing: That time at Sci Fi should be plenty of time to get over there and wait .. the only thing I can't stand is that Fantasmic is only twice a week now, which makes it more crowded. And we're going on a SUNDAY, so the wait will probably SUCK.

Let me know how Les Chefs is .. is Ray a picky eater? Is it mostly French food there? OH! Are you going to take advantage of the Food & Wine Festival??? I plan on getting a F&WF gift card when I get there, and a big fat beer passport. :laughing: I want to try escargot while there (Russ gags when I tell him that .. I won't be kissing him that night!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter