The Turf Club Bar & Grill

fjs08

Earning My Ears
Never heard of this one.
Anyone ate there???
Saw a review on one of the many food blogs on line.

Frank

Yes, my DH and I ate there about a year ago. We were seated outside. It was a lovely meal. I think this is one of the hidden gems. I had a steak, DH had a fish dish. Food was very good. I would go back.

Subbing. I've been meaning to try Turf Club for awhile now but still haven't gotten around to it. Maybe next year.

We eat at the Turf Club frequently, especially on our arrival day, since SSR is our DVC Home. The food is good, everyone can find something on the menu they like, and the patio seating is very nice. We had a friend with us one time who has a severely restricted diet. The Chef came out to the table and talked to her about what she could and could not eat and then made her something special, that was also delicious. We think it's a good pick!

We ate there two times last Jan. Had lunch and enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner another day. For lunch we had the Reuben and a Hamburger, great but could not eat it all and took some back to the Fort Wilderness cabin. For dinner we thought we would split the Prime rib, they were great and brought it out already split on two plates. Our server was Houda for lunch and we requested her again for dinner. She was one of the best we have ever had. This is a secret gem. We loved :love: it.

We have dined here a few times. I prefer lunch over dinner but overall, I think it's a decent TS for a 1 credit meal at WDW.

We ate there in February for dinner. We had onion rings and the strip steak. Everything was delicious. My husband suggested we go back in December. So, I made a reservation X 2! We liked it that much.

This is a hidden gem.

DH and I were there for the first time on our last trip (18 months ago). Next trip we are only doing 3 TS restaurants and Turf Club is one of them. DH really enjoyed the lamb chop, I had the crab cake appetizer and a salad.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Our Ratings of Turf Club: (rev 4/30/2011)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: D
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The Turf Club is a bar-eatery inside SSR.
It's somewhat small, but is OK because it gets few
guests. The luncheon sandwiches are very tasty
and fairly priced, but the dinner entrees are average
(think: Applebees) and very overpriced. (C'mon, pasta with
shrimp for $20 ?) We prefer to make a meal of the
appetizers and desserts, which are quite good and
reasonably priced.
By the way, the Apple Crisp and
Lemon Pound Cake are great. Now, if we can only get
the slow wait staff service to speed up.

We ate dinner at the Turf Club last February and we loved it. The service was excellent - and the mussels were just great. The meal was very relaxing and we can't wait to return.

We ate there last trip when we stayed at Saratoga and absolutely loved it...so much so we're going back this coming trip.

A member of our party was on a restricted calorie diet and the chef was awesome! He came to the table and asked about her needs and her likes and whipped up something amazing for her! We were really impressed!

We consider it a hidden gem!

Ended up here on our last day...

On our way back to the airport we wanted something where we didn't think we'd have to wait long or need at ressie...

Walked right in, sat outside and had one of our best meals of the week!

I'd give it 4 stars

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter