The Trip Where Nothing Really Bad Happened - The End 6/1, Bonus Features: Disney 100 Celebration, Mickey Minnie Runaway Railway queue 2/8

I know this is just the Wild Africa Trek group, but it struck me as funny all of them standing there with all the crocodiles below.

Ohh I wouldn't know why there were people there, although I think I have heard about special tours at AK, so this makes sense now that I see it in these pics...
The dogs didn’t seem to like it one bit. They were all taking cover.
I'm with them, I'm not a fan of rain.

This one was just trying to get some relief?

OMG :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Today there were two animatronic lionesses out!

That looks like the same animatronic lioness from when I was there!

I really miss the jacuzzi tub at this resort. I don’t think I used this soaker tub once during our stay.

Is it at least slanted at one end?

That darned combo washer dryer that I hate.

Like actually who thinks these are a good idea?? I guess the bean counters at Disney...
Sausage Rigatoni “for the table”. I might have ordered it as my entree, but this way I got to try it along with something else.

Yum that looks delish!

Vanilla and Citrus Crème Brûlée, Morello Cherry Compote, Strawberry Foam, Sugared Beignets, Chocolate Meringues, 50th Anniversary Chocolate Stamp

How was it? I haven't seen "stand alone" creme brulee much- as in not in a dish!

Weird, I thought I did more quoting than that, but such, is...onwards!!

Finally a few minutes at home where I can see the photos...

So today we had a really special day ahead of us. One of our friends had invited us on a VIP tour, let’s just call her Chunkydust.
Nice! Su-Lynn is great. :)
So my first post on Insta was this video
Oh! You're going to have to teach me how to do this. I'm on Insta. You can follow me at Tippity Tappity. I have a grand total of three... yes, three posts. :rolleyes:
So prolific.
So my first post on Insta was this video of breakfast in the room.
I absolutely love the selfie with the huge smile! :goodvibes
I’m getting this information from the times on my pictures, nothing else.
Nothing wrong with that. :)
We had an early lunch reservation at the Hollywood Brown Derby with our tour party.
mmmm... Love HBD.
We were seated near a window and perused the pesky QR code menus.
:sad2:
I always ask for a paper menu. Hate reading it off the phone.
And we got the bread service with the sea salt butter.
Love that butter! Yes, please!
I ate my half of our Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad.
That looks good.
And then we split their Signature Famous Cobb Salad with Chicken.
Best thing about HBD. ::yes::
He met us outside the HBD so our first ride was pretty obvious Mickey & Minnie Runaway train.
Makes sense. I've yet to ride it. I'll correct that in August... but will miss TGMR.
This hidden Mickey was in the lights in the queue.
Never would've noticed.
The only thing I will say is that it uses a trackless ride system.
I did know that. Not much else about it.
Also they had a special handicapped loading area, so that we could take all the time we needed, which was nice.
Oh, good!
Our first ride was TSMM and she beat me yet again, and was ecstatic about that.
:laughing: And didn't rub it in at all, I'm sure.
z22WDW0215TD23a.jpeg
Awww... :)
, one of the fun facts that the guide pointed out to us was that all of the trash and recycling cans inside Galaxy's Edge say "trash to sector 3263827" in Aurebesh. Sector 3263827 is the number for the Death Star trash compactor where Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia Organa got stuck in the very first "Star Wars" movie.
I love it!
Cool huh?
::yes:: Very!
Our CM who put us in the capsule, pressed all the appropriate buttons to activate Chewie modie. Now I don’t recommend Chewie Mode for anyone who hasn’t been on the Falcon before, but when you’ve been on it a bunch of times like all of us in our party, it’s a hoot. Instead of Hondo egging you on it’s Chewie the entire time!
:laughing: That's awesome.

I haven't ridden this ride (well... engineer once, and so didn't even see what was going on. So feel like I've never ridden.) so would need the non-Chewie version.
I think at one point he keeps saying “Fire, fire, fire!” because he keeps repeating the same line in Wookie! It was so hilarious! I would totally do it again if I were with five other experienced riders.
:laughing:
I only found out in January that you are actually rated with scores on this ride.
I did know this, but... not going to worry about it as I have zero experience.
Our guide also showed us the Miniature Tai FIghter. Funny thing is that I have no idea where I took this picture, other than it was somewhere in Galaxy’s Edge!
Huh! Knew about the mini Falcon, but not this.
A few of us wanted to ride RnRC, so we did! Su-Lynn and I got the front car!
Love the front. I ride in the front every time I go.

This was my last party. It was for my birthday and if you remember Fran came home from the SNF 6 days before my birthday.
I don't think I quite realized it was that far ahead. For some reason, I thought it was closer. 2-3 days before.
We pretty much sat around eating and drinking wine or other beverages all afternoon.
Not a bad way to celebrate. :)
This was basically the spread.....
For grab n go... not bad at all! I'd be very happy with that. :)
Jenny's daughter (who just graduated from culinary school) made me this cake. I got to try the recipe when she made it as one of her assignments and it immediately became a favorite. I googled the recipe yesterday and I think I could actually make it myself. It's called a Charlotte Cake and it's a traditionally French thing. Sometimes they are made with Raspberry mousse, but I like chocolate.
Not bad!
Would you make it from scratch, or line it with bought biscotti/cookies?
OK......not like I'm waiting or anything. :rolleyes1
Sorry! Trying!
Sorry you're having issues.... :grouphug:
If you do wind up following me, you'll see one of the issues.

Boom! Just like that, caught up again.
Which means you now have permission to post.

:rolleyes1

:lmao:

I have said I would comment more so here I go.
I love this hidden Mickey and as others have said cool that it isn't just his ears. Glad it was pointed out to you.
This hidden Mickey was in the lights in the queue.

Our next stop was Galaxy’s Edge, one of the fun facts that the guide pointed out to us was that all of the trash and recycling cans inside Galaxy's Edge say "trash to sector 3263827" in Aurebesh. Sector 3263827 is the number for the Death Star trash compactor where Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia Organa got stuck in the very first "Star Wars" movie.

I read this this morning:
On this day in 1977 May 25, Star Wars (A New Hope) made its theatrical debut in cinemas across the United States. Initially met with heavy criticism from early reviews, the movie went on to be an international Blockbuster.
Your bit of trivia comes at the perfect time.
star wars a new hope cast.jpg
OMG don't they look so young?

Agreed! I am a big fan of greek yogurt with granola and fruit, so always order that through Instacart. I am very fuusy about my coffee so I bring my Kicking Horse organic with me to make my own. :)
I'm the same way with my coffee. I like Major Dickason's Blend from Peet's. I get the K cups at home, but on vacation I bring the whole beans. I don't have a coffee grinder at home, but I have one in my Owner's Locker!
That was when the boys were younger. The last family trip with all 5 of us was in 2016. Jamie and Stuart (then 14) were in one bed, Jack (16) was on the daybed and Bill and I had the other queen. It was squishy but we made it work.
I can see being able to make it work while they're still teenagers...
That being said, when I take the twins for their 21st birthday trip next summer, I am going to get a 1 bedroom.
But yeah, by their 21st birthday, they're young men and you need a little more space.
I guess once you get used to more room, it is really nice to have!
We also live in a rather large house (for Southern California standards) for two people, so we're used to a lot of room to move around.
Such a fun picture!
It's really one of the better magic shots with Photopass.
They look delish!
They were quite good! I like shaomai in general and these had a tasty kick.
I am an avid miles collector. I don't think I've paid cash for a flight in over 8 years!
We are too, but we had to pay for a few flights a couple years back. We used to travel on American exclusively and were able to fly First Class to Orlando. Then they doubled the cost for trips and we bailed on them. When we started using Southwest we had to pay for our first few flights until we got our mileage high enough to earn flights. Now we have the companion pass so we have tons of miles. We just can't go anywhere for a while.
I still haven't done this ride....this summer for sure!
It's super fun and not at all what I expected!
That would be so funny!
It is! Chewie is speaking wookie, and unless you speak wookie you have no idea what he is saying! :laughing:
That cake looks incredible!
And it's actually not as difficult as I thought. As long as you can make a chocolate mousse, and then layer lady fingers around a springform pan, it's a piece of cake! Ha! I made a pun!

Shhhhh......I mostly read along while I am at work so it's a quick read and like.
I don't know if you've already commented and I've welcomed you, but just in case :welcome:
I'll be sure to comment more because I know how much I enjoy interacting with those who read my reports.

That makes it so much more fun to have folks to interact with and share stories! :flower3:

These guys all eat hay that looks like what I feed my horses, makes sense, as they'd never be able to grow enough forage in the space they have for all these guys, neat to see though.
They can also keep them in their correct areas by placing the food they like in a good spot. That way they don't wander looking for food.
Some on 1 leg, some on 2! Neat!
That's how they usually are.... :confused3 Perhaps I've been on this ride a few too many times! :laughing:
Goats on roofs seems to be a thing here now! Lots of little roadside fruit standings and things seem to have them now! Like big goat pens with various buildings and such for them to go on.
I've seen pictures from Europe where they grow grass on their roofs and the goats trim it.
Looks like a lot of work went in to this one! I don't like loads and loads of icing either, but when it's not too sweet, it's ok.
It definitely had a lot of flavors going on there!
Sounds pretty amazing indeed! Lots of good features!
Kinda like the Grand Californian only the decor isn't as nice! :laughing:
I can't seem to delete this- ignore.
What? :rolleyes1
I prefer it savory as well- mainly with pasta, or really just on it's own.
I prefer it on its own when I eat it. Sometimes in baked dishes.
Ohh I wouldn't know why there were people there, although I think I have heard about special tours at AK, so this makes sense now that I see it in these pics...
In a way I liked it better when you didn't see all these folks.....
I'm with them, I'm not a fan of rain.
I'm torn, I like it sometimes, and I know we need it, but when it was pouring the first day of this trip, I wasn't going out in it.
I get the REAL pictures! :lmao:
That looks like the same animatronic lioness from when I was there!
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Is it at least slanted at one end?
You can't tell in the picture but the end that you're looking at is sloped, actually I think both ends are.
Like actually who thinks these are a good idea?? I guess the bean counters at Disney...
I've figured out that if someone is in a wheelchair, they can do their own laundry with this machine, but for those of us who travel with a disabled person, we only need the bars on the toilet, and in the shower. The able bodied people do the laundry.
Yum that looks delish!
It was SUPER good!
How was it? I haven't seen "stand alone" creme brulee much- as in not in a dish!
That was Su-Lynn's. I know I had a bite and it was good, but my chocolate was better.
Weird, I thought I did more quoting than that, but such, is...onwards!!
Just keep swimming!

I'm the same way with my coffee. I like Major Dickason's Blend from Peet's. I get the K cups at home, but on vacation I bring the whole beans. I don't have a coffee grinder at home, but I have one in my Owner's Locker!
I love my Owner's Locker! I just got one on our March trip and it is already 2/3 full. I might need a second one!
We also live in a rather large house (for Southern California standards) for two people, so we're used to a lot of room to move around.
Space is a good thing..... we have a 5 bed/4 bath home. With all the boys away at university, there is lots of room for us and the cats!
But yeah, by their 21st birthday, they're young men and you need a little more space.
So far options are a 1 bedroom at OKW, a 1 bedroom at AKL or a studio at the Poly. Surprisingly, the boys are pushing for the Poly. We did a 10 day trip for March Break when they turned 8 and stayed there. Lots of wonderful memories were made. They have stayed at the Grand, Poly, Beach Club and Yacht Club so far. If there was DVC at the Yacht Club, Stuart would pick that in a heartbeat. It's his favourite resort.
We are too, but we had to pay for a few flights a couple years back. We used to travel on American exclusively and were able to fly First Class to Orlando. Then they doubled the cost for trips and we bailed on them. When we started using Southwest we had to pay for our first few flights until we got our mileage high enough to earn flights. Now we have the companion pass so we have tons of miles. We just can't go anywhere for a while.
Oooh, flying 1st class would be SO luxurious. I hope Fran is continuing to recover and that the two of you will be back to your full, rich lives soon.:hug:
And it's actually not as difficult as I thought. As long as you can make a chocolate mousse, and then layer lady fingers around a springform pan, it's a piece of cake! Ha! I made a pun!
That sounds like a must try!

Finally a few minutes at home where I can see the photos...
Finally a few minutes where I can sit at my computer again! Too hard to multi quote your posts on the phone!
Nice! Su-Lynn is great. :)
Actually she is ChunkyMonkey, this was someone else.
Oh! You're going to have to teach me how to do this. I'm on Insta. You can follow me at Tippity Tappity. I have a grand total of three... yes, three posts. :rolleyes:
So prolific.
Ha, it would almost be like the blind leading the blind! I haven't posted anywhere but the DIS since Fran had her injury. Until she's all better, I don't feel like posting happy things, even if it is just Prime Rib for dinner last night.
I absolutely love the selfie with the huge smile! :goodvibes
Thanks!
Nothing wrong with that. :)
Read between the lines.....I didn't take any notes! :laughing:
mmmm... Love HBD.
::yes::
I always ask for a paper menu. Hate reading it off the phone.
I already knew what I was going to get, but Fran surprised me with the Oyster and Brie Soup.
Love that butter! Yes, please!
I would love some "expensive" butter. Haven't been out for a "nice" meal for a while.
That looks good.
It was! :teeth:
Best thing about HBD. ::yes::
Makes sense. I've yet to ride it. I'll correct that in August... but will miss TGMR.
I miss it too, but it was getting a little dated, they needed to add some updates.
Never would've noticed.
Me neither, but the guide pointed it out to us.
I did know that. Not much else about it.
I'll give you one more tidbit about the new ride. The word "zany" comes to mind.

:laughing: And didn't rub it in at all, I'm sure.
:laughing: That's awesome.

I haven't ridden this ride (well... engineer once, and so didn't even see what was going on. So feel like I've never ridden.) so would need the non-Chewie version.
Here's a hint, watch the screen and forget the buttons. You'll still complete your mission.
I did know this, but... not going to worry about it as I have zero experience.
I don't "worry", but now that I've learned there are scores, I'm going to take pictures of them to see how I do from here on out.
Huh! Knew about the mini Falcon, but not this.
Now that you mention the mini Falcon, I think they were both in kind of the same area. On the actual Falcon.
Love the front. I ride in the front every time I go.
Back when we could make FP, I would make it for both Fran and I. Then I would ride it twice. I would make sure that one of those times I got the front, but the second time I wouldn't really care as much.
I don't think I quite realized it was that far ahead. For some reason, I thought it was closer. 2-3 days before.
Well she was released on Monday night and the party was Sunday, but I couldn't get her to agree to it until she had been home for a few days. I think it was Wednesday that I actually sent out invites.
Not a bad way to celebrate. :)
It was nice being around people and pretending to be normal.
Not bad!
Would you make it from scratch, or line it with bought biscotti/cookies?
I would make the mousse from scratch, but I would buy the lady fingers in the grocery store. Chloe made the ladyfingers for that cake.
Sorry! Trying!
I'm just kidding! We are all busy now!
If you do wind up following me, you'll see one of the issues.
:hug:
Boom! Just like that, caught up again.
Which means you now have permission to post.

:lmao:
:lmao: Well I'm only two days behind when I actually meant to post, but hopefully I'll get there today!

I have said I would comment more so here I go.
Thank you! :thumbsup2
I love this hidden Mickey and as others have said cool that it isn't just his ears. Glad it was pointed out to you.
I know! It's really cute!
I read this this morning:
On this day in 1977 May 25, Star Wars (A New Hope) made its theatrical debut in cinemas across the United States. Initially met with heavy criticism from early reviews, the movie went on to be an international Blockbuster.
Your bit of trivia comes at the perfect time.
Well glad I could be topical! :laughing:
OMG don't they look so young?
Yes they do! And I never really realized how petite Carrie Fisher was! They always filmed her to look taller.

I love my Owner's Locker! I just got one on our March trip and it is already 2/3 full. I might need a second one!
We've had ours for quite a while now, it's so packed full that I have to sit on it to get it to close! :laughing:
Space is a good thing..... we have a 5 bed/4 bath home. With all the boys away at university, there is lots of room for us and the cats!
We have 4 bed/5 bath (one is in the pool house). Two of the bedrooms are crammed full of boxes of Disney stuff (artwork, figurines, etc) that we don't have room to display.
So far options are a 1 bedroom at OKW, a 1 bedroom at AKL or a studio at the Poly. Surprisingly, the boys are pushing for the Poly.
I would pick AKL because of the two bathrooms, but I'm funny like that. The studios at the Poly are pretty spacious, but who would be in the pull down bed under the TV? :rotfl2:
We did a 10 day trip for March Break when they turned 8 and stayed there. Lots of wonderful memories were made. They have stayed at the Grand, Poly, Beach Club and Yacht Club so far. If there was DVC at the Yacht Club, Stuart would pick that in a heartbeat. It's his favourite resort.
I've never stayed at the Yacht Club. We took a big trip in 2007, we called it "Ten Days for Ten Years". We stayed at the AKL Concierge Level and the Grand. After we came back was the year Fran bought into DVC.
Oooh, flying 1st class would be SO luxurious.
It was so nice, complimentary wine, actual meal service, and until a few years before we switched they would bake fresh chocolate chip cookies in the last hour before landing!
I hope Fran is continuing to recover and that the two of you will be back to your full, rich lives soon.:hug:
She is on the way, but we are trying to get a procedure done. They finally decided on it, and now the facility she has to go to won't have her in their system for at least 48 hours, and of course over a holiday weekend.
That sounds like a must try!
Defnitely!

Pixie Dust Continued

So after our ride on RnRC, we left the public area (so no pictures). When you go on a VIP tour in WDW your guides actually transport you to and from each park, they’re your driver! I’ve had the pleasure of doing a VIP at DisneyLAND and when you park hop, you merely walk across the esplanade and boom! you’re at the other park! But here it’s a little more complicated, especially if there are scooters involved. However these guys handled it like pros. Got each of us loaded into the van, and then the rest of our party piled on in and we all headed to the Magic Kingdom!

Our guide asked us what was our favorite frozen treat. I’m not sure what everyone else ordered, and some of you may think it’s sacrilegious tha’ t I didn’t get a Mickey Bar, but I really like the Ice Cream Sandwiches and they are easier to eat because the pieces of chocolate don’t fall everywhere and get on your floorboards or shirt.

He gave them to us backstage, but I couldn’t take a picture of it until we actually went out into the MK. Technically we were kinda backstage when I took this first one because we were on the walkway that they use when you enter MNSSHP, but the gates were closed.

The first ride that we went on was the Wedway Peoplemover, such a great ride!

We also got to see the progress of Tron along the route!

Next we went on the Seven Dwarves Mine Train!

I believe that we made a stop at the Tangled Tinkle Spot, but I don’t have any photographic evidence! :laughing:

So next up was the Haunted Mansion. I’m not sure if any of you remember, but the last time we wanted to ride this, the CMs gave Fran a real hassle about needing to go get a wheelchair and going through the queue. Well evidently that’s out the window now because they walked us in the exit and even slowed the thing to a stop and let Fran and I get in the ride vehicle.

Again, clearly we don’t know where the photo is taken! :laughing:

Next most of us went on Pirates. Fran opted to sit this one out and went window shopping.

By now it was dark out and starting to get late. We stopped at the Castle and took some photos before heading back out to our van for yet another park hop.

We piled back into the van, and headed over to Epcot. Because we were on a VIP tour, we were able to reserve viewing for one of the nighttime spectaculars, and we chose Harmonious. I don’t remember where they let us off backstage but we had to rush to get to the viewing area in hopes of securing a spot.

Su-Lynn was getting something to eat from the kiosk in France. I had her pick me up a Frozen French Martini so that I didn’t have to wait in the line myself.

The viewing area is in front of Germany so we were motoring over there, when I realized that Fran wasn’t behind me anymore. I turned around and she was struggling to get up the hill from Japan to the American Pavillion. We traded scooters and I coaxed hers along to get to the viewing area. There were multiple outlets in the area however, none of them were hot. We plugged her scooter into at least three different outlets, and none had any power.

She decided to go into the bathroom to charge her scooter, I tried to convince her to come back and sit on my scooter, but she was going to just sit in the bathroom and miss out on the fireworks. I felt bad, but I wasn’t going to let her ruin my seeing the fireworks. I went to the kiosk in Italy and got an order of the ravioli since they were so good the time before. I also got a Limoncello Margarita for me and Su-Lynn (to repay her for the French Martini) and they had secured a picnic table to sit at for the fireworks.

Someone else at the table had stopped in Japan and purchased the Chicken Kushiage: Breaded and fried chicken with yum yum sauce and vegetables and gave me a piece. It was quite good and I wished I’d had a chance to order my own, but tomorrow was our last day and Epcot wasn’t in the plans.

We all watched Harmonious and it was a nice show. I’m learning that I’m not keeping up with modern Disney very well. I didn’t recognize a lot of the songs (probably because I haven’t seen all the new movies that came out since 2020). But I’m glad I was able to see it.

After the show we all said “goodnight” and I went to find Fran in the bathroom near Germany. Her scooter didn’t have a full charge, but she had enough to get back to the room.

Since she didn’t get anything during the show, she was still hungry. We had the leftovers from Topolino’s so I heated that up for her and she finished that off.

Next up: Our last full day.

Finally a few minutes where I can sit at my computer again! Too hard to multi quote your posts on the phone!
I get that! Not easy at all.
Actually she is ChunkyMonkey, this was someone else.
Ohh... okay, that explains it. I was kinda wondering.
Is this the same "Chunkydust" that helped out on the epic girls trip that happened a few years ago?
Ha, it would almost be like the blind leading the blind! I haven't posted anywhere but the DIS since Fran had her injury. Until she's all better, I don't feel like posting happy things, even if it is just Prime Rib for dinner last night.
Read between the lines.....I didn't take any notes! :laughing:
(I know!)
I already knew what I was going to get, but Fran surprised me with the Oyster and Brie Soup.
That one surprised me as well.
I would love some "expensive" butter. Haven't been out for a "nice" meal for a while.
I miss it too, but it was getting a little dated, they needed to add some updates.
That's very true. I wonder if they weren't updating it because they knew they were going to replace it?
I'll give you one more tidbit about the new ride. The word "zany" comes to mind.
:laughing: Okay!
Here's a hint, watch the screen and forget the buttons. You'll still complete your mission.
Nope. Don't wanna be an engineer at all.
I don't "worry", but now that I've learned there are scores, I'm going to take pictures of them to see how I do from here on out.
Keep a running tally. ::yes::
It was nice being around people and pretending to be normal.
I would make the mousse from scratch, but I would buy the lady fingers in the grocery store.
That's what I would do too.
Chloe made the ladyfingers for that cake.
Ambitious!
(And delicious, I'm sure!)
Thanks, Alison.

When you go on a VIP tour in WDW your guides actually transport you to and from each park, they’re your driver!
I did know this... and think it's a really great perk of a VIP tour.
some of you may think it’s sacrilegious tha’ t I didn’t get a Mickey Bar, but I really like the Ice Cream Sandwiches and they are easier to eat because the pieces of chocolate don’t fall everywhere and get on your floorboards or shirt.
Not me.
I'd much rather have an ice cream sandwich over a Mickey bar. I do have a Mickey bar when I'm there, since it's almost sacrilegious not to.... but I think next time I'm there (especially considering it'll be summer), I'll skip it in favour of a superior treat.
yum
It must be done! ::yes::

And thanks for calling the ride by it's proper name.
Coming along.
I'm a little sad it won't be ready for our trip, but... just means I'll have to go back, right?
I believe that we made a stop at the Tangled Tinkle Spot, but I don’t have any photographic evidence! :laughing:
So next up was the Haunted Mansion. I’m not sure if any of you remember, but the last time we wanted to ride this, the CMs gave Fran a real hassle about needing to go get a wheelchair and going through the queue. Well evidently that’s out the window now because they walked us in the exit and even slowed the thing to a stop and let Fran and I get in the ride vehicle.
I do remember.
Glad they got that straightened out.
Do you see anything different between the place you load at the exit and the normal boarding area?
Again, clearly we don’t know where the photo is taken! :laughing:
By now it was dark out and starting to get late. We stopped at the Castle and took some photos before heading back out to our van for yet another park hop.
I was sure you'd say "...starting to get late so we called it a night."
Because we were on a VIP tour, we were able to reserve viewing for one of the nighttime spectaculars, and we chose Harmonious.
Nice.
I had her pick me up a Frozen French Martini
mmm... I'll have one too.
The viewing area is in front of Germany so we were motoring over there, when I realized that Fran wasn’t behind me anymore. I turned around and she was struggling to get up the hill from Japan to the American Pavillion.
whoops!
There were multiple outlets in the area however, none of them were hot. We plugged her scooter into at least three different outlets, and none had any power.
She decided to go into the bathroom to charge her scooter, I tried to convince her to come back and sit on my scooter, but she was going to just sit in the bathroom and miss out on the fireworks.
Shame.
But... when there was a solution and she chose not to take it... :confused3
I also got a Limoncello Margarita
Hello! Did not know about that. Must get one next time they're available. (If I'm there at that time.)
We all watched Harmonious and it was a nice show. I’m learning that I’m not keeping up with modern Disney very well. I didn’t recognize a lot of the songs (probably because I haven’t seen all the new movies that came out since 2020). But I’m glad I was able to see it.
I have seen most of the movies, but... I don't remember them very well, so the music is usually lost on me.

Our guide asked us what was our favorite frozen treat. I’m not sure what everyone else ordered, and some of you may think it’s sacrilegious that I didn’t get a Mickey Bar, but I really like the Ice Cream Sandwiches and they are easier to eat because the pieces of chocolate don’t fall everywhere and get on your floorboards or shirt.

I prefer the sandwich too.

Love the Peoplemover! I hated it when they renamed it the Tomorrowland Transit Authority
I bet the majority of Disney fans have taken a pic like this at some point or another, LOL

This is one I can't wait till it's finished so I can go on. I'm not usually a roller coaster person but certain ones I can handle. I think this might be one of them
Next we went on the Seven Dwarves Mine Train!

Love the Mine Train! well, truthfully I have only been on it once since I haven't been there since 2014, LOL but it was fun. My Dad and hubby weren't fans, LOL
Cute pic though :)
Oh, that's a nice group Picture
Su-Lynn was getting something to eat from the kiosk in France. I had her pick me up a Frozen French Martini so that I didn’t have to wait in the line myself.

Ooooh! I love a regular French Martini, I bet a frozen one would be really yummy

The viewing area is in front of Germany
I Have seen IllumiNations from that area, it's a nice Viewpoint

so we were motoring over there, when I realized that Fran wasn’t behind me anymore. I turned around and she was struggling to get up the hill from Japan to the American Pavillion. We traded scooters and I coaxed hers along to get to the viewing area. There were multiple outlets in the area however, none of them were hot. We plugged her scooter into at least three different outlets, and none had any power.
That's crazy the outlets didn't work
These look yummy
I have heard mixed reviews about this one
Since she didn’t get anything during the show, she was still hungry. We had the leftovers from Topolino’s so I heated that up for her and she finished that off.

Nice nighttime snack...

We've had ours for quite a while now, it's so packed full that I have to sit on it to get it to close! :laughing:
it's amazing how much you can fit inside!
We have 4 bed/5 bath (one is in the pool house). Two of the bedrooms are crammed full of boxes of Disney stuff (artwork, figurines, etc) that we don't have room to display.
That is a lot of Disney stuff? Will you sell any of it?
I would pick AKL because of the two bathrooms, but I'm funny like that. The studios at the Poly are pretty spacious, but who would be in the pull down bed under the TV? :rotfl2:
Whoever is not paying for the trip, lol!
I've never stayed at the Yacht Club. We took a big trip in 2007, we called it "Ten Days for Ten Years". We stayed at the AKL Concierge Level and the Grand. After we came back was the year Fran bought into DVC.
That sounds amazing! Did you do a TR for it?
It was so nice, complimentary wine, actual meal service, and until a few years before we switched they would bake fresh chocolate chip cookies in the last hour before landing!
Wow!!
She is on the way, but we are trying to get a procedure done. They finally decided on it, and now the facility she has to go to won't have her in their system for at least 48 hours, and of course over a holiday weekend.
Ugh! So stressful! Hopefully she will be able to have the procedure down soon and it will be successful.
A Mickey ice cream sandwich and the People mover is perfection!
So much better!
We piled back into the van, and headed over to Epcot. Because we were on a VIP tour, we were able to reserve viewing for one of the nighttime spectaculars, and we chose Harmonious. I don’t remember where they let us off backstage but we had to rush to get to the viewing area in hopes of securing a spot.

I love those French martinis.
She decided to go into the bathroom to charge her scooter, I tried to convince her to come back and sit on my scooter, but she was going to just sit in the bathroom and miss out on the fireworks. I felt bad, but I wasn’t going to let her ruin my seeing the fireworks. I went to the kiosk in Italy and got an order of the ravioli since they were so good the time before. I also got a Limoncello Margarita for me and Su-Lynn (to repay her for the French Martini) and they had secured a picnic table to sit at for the fireworks.
Poor Fran!
I still have mixed feelings about Harmonious. It is technically brilliant but it doesn't really have any emotional pull for me.
Looks yummy!

Last edited:
Ohh... okay, that explains it. I was kinda wondering.
Is this the same "Chunkydust" that helped out on the epic girls trip that happened a few years ago?
Yes it is.
That's very true. I wonder if they weren't updating it because they knew they were going to replace it?
That's probably rather likely. I'm sure some of these things are planned out potentially a decade in advance.
Nope. Don't wanna be an engineer at all.
Actually Engineer is the least taxing/interactive of all the positions. It's my favorite position because you only have to push a button a few times. I've done pilot twice and don't like that at all. Too much pressure. Gunner isn't too bad because you mainly push the buttons when you are chasing the train, but you don't have to look at the button, you can just keep hitting it while you watch the screen.
I did know this... and think it's a really great perk of a VIP tour.
I was just surprised that the guides drove the vehicles themselves. I though they would have "drivers" to do that, but I guess that's something you have to be able to do to be a guide there. At DL some of the guides I've had didn't even have cars.
Not me.
I'd much rather have an ice cream sandwich over a Mickey bar. I do have a Mickey bar when I'm there, since it's almost sacrilegious not to.... but I think next time I'm there (especially considering it'll be summer), I'll skip it in favour of a superior treat.
I like the cookies better than the chocolate which inevitably falls on my shirt.
And thanks for calling the ride by it's proper name.
I did that just for you! ;)
Coming along.
I'm a little sad it won't be ready for our trip, but... just means I'll have to go back, right?
So when is it supposed to be ready? I can't wait to ride the Guardians Coaster!
Do you see anything different between the place you load at the exit and the normal boarding area?
You mean on the ride? Pitch black nothing? :confused3
I was sure you'd say "...starting to get late so we called it a night."
Not when we're getting VIP treatment!
Shame.
But... when there was a solution and she chose not to take it... :confused3
She likes to be a martyr sometimes.
Hello! Did not know about that. Must get one next time they're available. (If I'm there at that time.)
It's only during FArts which runs January through February.
I have seen most of the movies, but... I don't remember them very well, so the music is usually lost on me.
Since I'm a musician, I almost always remember the outstanding tunes from the movie. There was a lot of the music for this show that I was like...."What's that from?"

That's probably rather likely. I'm sure some of these things are planned out potentially a decade in advance.
I bet you're right.
Actually Engineer is the least taxing/interactive of all the positions.
I know. I was both bored and felt detached from the ride experience since I was just watching the lights.
I have no clue what happened other than I think I pushed the buttons real good. :sad2:
It's my favorite position because you only have to push a button a few times. I've done pilot twice and don't like that at all. Too much pressure. Gunner isn't too bad because you mainly push the buttons when you are chasing the train, but you don't have to look at the button, you can just keep hitting it while you watch the screen.
I want to try pilot. If the other people on the ride aren't happy with my driving... oh well, there's newbs all the time, and I'm one.
I was just surprised that the guides drove the vehicles themselves. I though they would have "drivers" to do that, but I guess that's something you have to be able to do to be a guide there. At DL some of the guides I've had didn't even have cars.
Ah, good point.
I like the cookies better than the chocolate which inevitably falls on my shirt.
I've always disliked those kinds of ice cream treats for just that reason.
Plus, the sandwich tastes better.
I did that just for you! ;)
You did?? :goodvibes
So when is it supposed to be ready? I can't wait to ride the Guardians Coaster!
I've heard anywhere from end of this year to spring/summer 2023.
You mean on the ride? Pitch black nothing? :confused3
Ah, so no backstage things to see.
Not when we're getting VIP treatment!
of course!
She likes to be a martyr sometimes.
It's only during FArts which runs January through February.
Ah. Gives me an incentive to go then, doesn't it? :)
Since I'm a musician, I almost always remember the outstanding tunes from the movie.
I did think of that. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter