"The Trip" - Part 7 (Did I miss something?)

Tombstone

Earning My Ears
Cast:
Rawry: That’s me! 43
Mitchy Mama: My partner in Disney 39/40
Devo: The oldest son 16/17
JoJo: The middle child 13
Sissy: Her Highness 5
MeMe: Mother in Law ????

Did I miss something?

Monday, June 16th / Day 6

Today Sissy is going on the Pirate Cruise. We caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then hopped a boat to the Grand Floridian. Devo and JoJo decided that they would rather run into the Magic Kingdom instead of renting some boats and cruising the lake. I made plans to meet up with them later after Sissy has finished. Once at the Grand Floridian, Sissy is issued her genuine pirate bandana hat and life jacket. Each child found a partner and were soon on their way sailing the seven seas in search of pirate treasure. We’ve got a couple hours to ourselves so we head out to grab some breakfast. We stopped into the Grand Floridian Café for a nice cool sit down meal. We ordered and I thought everything was going along fine. Next thing I know MeMe and Mitchy MaMa are crying. I now have no idea what is going on and I’m sure I have this dazed look on my face. Nothing is really said between them that I thought would prompt this sudden outpouring of emotion but there it is none the less. Nothing puts a guy off his equilibrium quicker than to see something like this happening. I’m sure that I missed a sign somewhere along the way but that’s what us guys do. If we’re supposed to know something, then by all means tell us. Otherwise we are just pretty much fat, dumb, and happy. While you assume that we are sitting there deep in thought, what we are really contemplating is -- does it feel different if you wear your socks inside out? Before breakfast arrives they have composed themselves and are talking about something else. I’m not really sure what I have just witnessed.

After breakfast I made a run for it. I didn’t want to become trapped in another one of those emotional eruptions. I hopped the monorail and headed for the Magic Kingdom to catch up with the boys. After I got off the train, I observed a huge mass of humanity. The line to get into the Kingdom was solid people all the way from the ticket gates back to the boat docks. I’ve been here during 4th of July weekend and have never seen a crowd like this before. I picked a line and felt the crowd closing in around me. The line next to me opened and there was a mad dash by the crowd to fill in this new line. All of a sudden this woman pretty much bowls me over in her dash to try and save those precious seconds by getting in this new line. Now I’m a pretty big guy, but this girl has just given me a pretty good lickin. That and she never even looked back. No apology was to be mine today. I wished her a pleasant day, but she was too caught up in her stampede to notice. You would have thought that we were all trying to get on a Southwest flight. I met the boys in front of Tony’s and they remarked that the park was really crowded today also. We left the Magic Kingdom and headed back to Grand Floridian to wait for the pirates to return and catch up with the girls. The boys headed for the arcade and the rest of us headed for the marina.

Soon the kids were seen rounding the corner heading back into the marina. They all yelled a loud “ARRRRRR” in their best pirate voices. Just as they were pulling into the dock though, the driver misjudged a little and hit one of the pylons straight on. The boat came to an immediate stop. No damage done though other than a very embarrassed boat driver. The kids were allowed to unload only after we were able to provide a receipt proving that we were their responsible party. Sissy had a full bag of treasure and was anxious to share it with us. They provided the kids peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, rice krispy treats, and a juice box. From the jelly around her mouth, it appeared that she really enjoyed hers.

We decided to head over to Epcot since the Magic Kingdom was such a madhouse. JoJo decided that he couldn’t make it any further unless he got a snack to tide him over until lunch. I gave him some money and soon he comes back with this huge chicken finger dinner. Some snack. We took the monorail around to the TTC and then hopped the Epcot monorail. As soon as we arrived, Devo headed to Test Track to grab Fastpasses while the rest of us looked through a gift shop. For some reason JoJo now started not feeling well. Could it be the huge quantity of greasy fried chicken fingers that he consumed in about two minutes flat? It just wouldn’t be a vacation if one of the kids didn’t get sick. He decided to head back to the hotel and lay down for awhile and would meet us later at Test Track. Our passes were for 5:30 and it wasn’t even 1:00. I slipped JoJo a few bucks to grab some sprite on the way back to the hotel in hopes that he would feel better soon.

Since the rest of us were now ready for lunch, we headed to Le Cellier. Love the pretzel bread dipped in the cheese soup. Lunch was very good as was the service. There was no crowd at all today; in fact most of Epcot was pretty barren. We however knew where all the people were. They were all over at the Magic Kingdom knocking each other over. We headed out to take the stroll through the countries. I think I am the only one in our group that enjoys doing this. Everybody else is just really hot, tired, and cranky today for some reason. O.K., I was hot and tired but not cranky in the least. After all, I was on vacation in paradise with a basement full of water back home waiting for me. Why wouldn’t I be in a great mood? So we pushed on, we could rest and relax later when there wasn’t anything else to do. When we got to Japan; Sissy, Devo, and I had to stop for a Kaki Gori. Sissy and I opted for the rainbow of Kiwi, Strawberry, and Tangerine. Devo opted for plain old cherry. I could have made myself sick on these. As soon as I finished the first one I wanted another. The lady behind me in line told me it was her third one today. At least I know that I’m not alone with this now obvious psychological problem. At Christmas time it won’t be the vision of sugarplums dancing through my head. It will be Kaki Goris.

By now it was getting pretty obvious that I was losing my entourage by wandering through the countries, so we high tailed it over to Norway so that everyone could get on a ride. This pacified them long enough to get to Mexico to take in the boat ride. We now had just enough time to catch the Shrunk Audience and Figment before we were to meet JoJo. I really liked the new preshow at HISTA. The old film was good but I liked this one every bit as well. The new monitors were pretty nice also. I wouldn’t mind having a few of those in my house.

We sauntered our way to Test Track and JoJo was there waiting for us. He said he felt much better and was ready to roll. So how else would you get rolling other than ride Test Track? Today it was working flawlessly. At least for our ride it was. We decided that we had enough for today and headed toward the International Gateway when it occurred to me that JoJo had missed out on the earlier Kaki Gori’s. Well, we can’t have this. He should be offered the opportunity to experience one of Japan’s hidden treasures. The girls are now looking at us as if we have totally lost all sense of reality. They continued on, but we made the detour and headed back to Japan. Devo, JoJo, and I are now on a mission. The mysterious far east has cast a spell on us and there is no resisting. JoJo has now been captured by the spell with Devo and I. We savor the ice all the way back to the friendship launch and finish just as the boat and rain arrived.

My dogs are barking today. I’ve been pretty careful all week about trying to avoid any blisters. Today I got three. This while wearing my broken in tennis shoes. I tended to the wounded piggys and relaxed for awhile before dinner. No PS’s tonight and no plans. We are just going to wing it. MeMe has decided that she is tired and just wants to stay in the room. Little did I know that this was a premonition of things to come. But since I’m a guy, I didn’t pick up on it. We went downstairs and headed to Gullivers. The buffet sounded good and tonight there were characters. Rafiki and Pluto were available for our dining pleasure. Last time we were at Disney, Sissy was heartbroken that she never got to get Pluto’s paw print. We searched everywhere and always seemed to just miss him. Tonight was her lucky night. She even happened to be carrying a little stuffed Pluto with her. Big Pluto and Sissy had a lot of fun playing with little Pluto. There were very few people for dinner tonight, so all of the kids in the restaurant got a lot of time with the characters. Once back at the room I realized that we had just made a horrible mistake. We forgot to whip out the Disney Club card. Here was an opportunity to save a few bucks and I missed out. I’ll just have to make sure that doesn’t happen again.

Stay tuned for tomorrow: “The announcement”

The foreshadowing is fantastic! Hurry up with your next post. I am quite worried about MeMe with the crying and not feeling well. Sounds like a great trip, though. I was thinking of sending my boys on the pirate cruise.

Cathy

Hi there ~ another great installment ~ I feel like I want to be in your family :)

Can you tell me for about the preshow for HISTA ~ it used to be True Colours ~ what is happening now?

Can't wait for "The Announcement" and I hope your harem stops crying. :(

>>^..^<<

Hmmm, crying and tired all of a sudden, what could that announcement be? Next installment please, let's see if I am right.

Even with the emotional outbursts and upset tummy it still sounds like a great day:p Keep em coming.

>>^..^<< - Hi... The new show is a combination of pictues and then a little story behind the picture. For example they show a picture of a wedding party and at first glance everything looks kind of normal. And then they start showing the story behind the picture. The frog in the ring bearers pocket which hops out, etc... Don't want to ruin it for you though. It was very entertaining.

Great reports!!

I have never tried a Kaki Gori and now I'm a little afraid to! ;) I'm not sure I want to fall under their spell.

Come on!!!! We're waiting for the next installment!!! Please!!!!

The suspense is torture!

ummmmm....just wondering if you were writing the next installment today (lol):p

really enjoying your trip reports!

lisa

Just for the heck of it and because I'm one of them,(a woman) I am going to wager a guess that it was some sort of "anniversary" that would slip your mind-since MeMe is there alone...

:Pinkbounc :cool: cant wait for the next report...please post soon..I look forward to your reports every day....oh by the way..does it feel any different wearing your socks inside out??
Just wondering...
Denise:smooth:

I have to add to this-I have a 19yo DS-who's ultimate goal in life is to wear a brand new pair of socks everyday for the rest of his life..He just finished his first year at RIT..so he's well on his way..he cracks me up..

Originally posted by JoenAdamnErinnSam
I have to add to this-I have a 19yo DS-who's ultimate goal in life is to wear a brand new pair of socks everyday for the rest of his life..

Hi - I have that same dream about Nylons.... new out of the package every day :)

Alas, I'm too old for your son we would have been so perfect together...

>>^..^<<

Wow - yet another enticing post. I can't wait for the next installment. Pretty soon your name will be all over CNN and people will be asking "J.K. who?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter