The Tomorrowland French fries may be going!

If only they decided to get rid of the Astro Orbiter from the entrance area as well and move it to the pad on top of the old PeopleMover platform where it would look best and help with entrance congestion. Though, since the Astro Orbiter is all Jules Verne themed and golden and such... it probably wouldn't match the other stuff in the center of Tomorrowland. This whole thing just really makes me wish they'd pull the trigger on a huge-scale refresh of Tomorrowland and stop letting the PeopleMover decay and have the Carousel of Progress/America Sings/Innoventions/Star Wars Launch Bay just sit there being useless for the rest of eternity...

If only they decided to get rid of the Astro Orbiter from the entrance area as well and move it to the pad on top of the old PeopleMover platform where it would look best and help with entrance congestion. Though, since the Astro Orbiter is all Jules Verne themed and golden and such... it probably wouldn't match the other stuff in the center of Tomorrowland. This whole thing just really makes me wish they'd pull the trigger on a huge-scale refresh of Tomorrowland and stop letting the PeopleMover decay and have the Carousel of Progress/America Sings/Innoventions/Star Wars Launch Bay just sit there being useless for the rest of eternity...

I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement comes next weekend at D23.

This is great news! I've always thought that those stupid things look like they're a flashback from the original Star Trek.

Hey, nothing wrong with Star Trek! per se, those things do not belong in the walkway into Tomorrowland. It would be nice if they would put the rockets back up where they belong!

Happy Birthday, Rob!! Hope you are having a great day at the happiest place on earth!

Back in 2011 I went to find a seat on those rocks while my son rode the rockets. I found Patton Oswalt tucked away back there! He was with his wife and child, I assume. I guess he'll need to find a new hiding place. 8-)

IMG_9287-1.JPG

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a great time at DL today. Some friends (who haven't been to the park in many years) came to meet me and I was able to get them the $99 park-hopper deal. I had a good time showing them around -- all the tricks of the AP trade, so to speak. I got in about an hour ago and am pretty exhausted. Good time, though :-).

How bad is it that I've never noticed those before?
Right? I've walked by those rock things so many times and not thought twice about them. Now that they've been pointed out, I don't understand the idea of using rocks for Tomorrowland. :laughing:

Same here...but I recognized them instantly when I saw the picture. I guess I'm not super observant...? But I agree; they don't fit.

When I read the thread title I instantly through of the McDonald's french fry stand that used to be in Frontierland over by BTMRR. We used to love getting fries there - they tasted better than the ones in regular McDonald's.

An OC Register article confirms that the rocks are being removed.

Disney officials confirmed that the rocks are in the process of being removed along the north side of the Tomorrowland entrance, and the marquee sign that says “Tomorrowland” has already been removed. The remainder of the rocks will be taken out in a slow process over the coming months, officials said.
That is awesome! That area is such a traffic jam, especially on the right hand side headed into Tomorrowland. I do hope it's finished when I'm there in November, but that's not for another three months.

I wonder how they'll cover up the CM entrance that's been hidden in there.
It's going to be very interesting to see how they theme this busy area.

I did like being able to sit on those in the evenings to watch the coloured water fountain dance.

I am so, so, so , so, so excited to see how this section of the park changes. I've only been gone for a year and so much has been added/changed/replaced. It's amazing to come to a place you love and see how it's changed only 12 months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter