The Summer Games of the XXXII Olympiad

To pick a year where USA is out of the count of the greater British Empire and then use that count to say Murica got its butt kicked is kind of like claiming an American drilled a hole an a defective Soyuz.
Anyone that doubts the U.S. total belongs in the greater British empire total should listen to this.

Time to Genuflect Svetlana. Great Britain's national anthem.
And now, the song that for over 100 years served as the U.S. de facto national anthem.

And now the current one officially adopted in 1931
It also bears a similarity to a British song.

And I say British Empire count just to be polite to our friends across the pond. But according to Tass, they're all America's toadies now anyway. So it's really our count by official Russian News Agency point of view.

BTW Svetlana yes, you totally got ripped off in rhythmic gymnastics. Totally. Russia is 100% right. Total Rip off. Terrible injustice.

AND IT COULDN'T HAPPEN TO A NICER BUNCH!!!

Last edited:
So the Mayor of Nagoya had a ceremony where a gold medal winning softball player was celebrated. He asked to handle the medal and proceeded to bite into it like many athletes pretend to do, but he did it for real. He also said something a bit insensitive about her.

An Olympic softball player's gold medal that was bitten by the mayor of Nagoya, landing him in trouble when the central Japanese city received more than 7,000 complaints, will be exchanged for a new one, a source close to the matter said Thursday.​
Days after Nagoya Mayor Takashi Kawamura's biting shenanigans went viral on social media, the 72-year-old told reporters he offered to pay to have the gold medal that belongs to softball pitcher Miu Goto replaced. Kawamura has now apologized for inappropriate language that drew accusations of sexual harassment.​
Last week, Kawamura came under fire for removing his mask and putting the medal between his teeth to pose for photos during an event celebrating the medal-winning athlete who hails from Nagoya, despite hygiene concerns during the coronavirus pandemic.​

I was really just commenting on kindness of a stranger and how I understand how one could get lost, that's all, nothing more nothing less :flower3:
Yes, just so and what a charming anecdote it is. A once-in-a-million-lifetimes type of memory for both of them that I'm sure will become part of their family lore for generations. Thanks for this. :goodvibes

Svetlana command you stand at attention and honor Soviet anthem.

(Actually, the Soviet National Anthem is quite a beautiful tune. I enjoyed it after hearing it so often in 1972 and 1976.)

DH informed me that during the 80s there was a “Russian” wrestler in the WWF whose schtick was having the announcer request the audience stand for the Soviet anthem before his bouts.

A chorus of boos rained down from the spectators. But the wrestler claimed the boos inspired him. DH cannot recall the wrestler’s stage name.

Svetlana concede her get idea from compatriot Nikolai.

See, Svetlana no boastful, Her admit when other have valid point, even Amerikan swine.

I liked the original GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) from the 80s. There was an evil Commie babe named Ninotchka.

1629389712906.png

The real Ninotchka and the later imposter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter