The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Joining in I have read your other reports and really enjoyed them. Love your classic Disney outfit for dinner with the fab 5.

We also had to show off our matching sneakers!
Love it! You two are so cute! I have a cousin I am close with also but we haven't been to Disney together since about 1997...

And only had to wait a few minutes before being seated! We got a table for 2 in a nice quiet corner of the restaurant. And even had a view!
I had no idea Chef Mickey's even had views like this! Very nice!

The matching shoes is great. And your photos next to the Chef Mickey statue are great! You two still look so excited to be at Disney.

Mango BBQ ribs...sounds yummy. And some cornbread...it looks like I might enjoy dinner at that restaurant more than I did breakfast. Looking forward to seeing how the character interactions went!

I love your matching shoes!!!

We're eating dinner later tonight after L's orchestra concert, and I am starving right now, so your plate of mac and cheese looks really good! I haven't been to Chef Mickey's since my first ever trip a million years ago, but I'm thinking of taking my mom in October on arrival night, depending on our flights.

Your table view is really nice, what a lucky spot to get!
I love the Contemporary. I've always *liked* it, but it's really grown on me in the last year and a half or so. The Mary Blair mural makes me happy!

Thank you! They're from Target!

You will read my final thoughts on Chef Mickey's in the next post. It's a little pricey but I think as an arrival meal it is very fun considering you get to meet the fab 5!

We were very lucky to get such a nice and quiet spot to ourselves!

The Mary Blair mural is my favorite part of the Contemporary!

Joining in I have read your other reports and really enjoyed them. Love your classic Disney outfit for dinner with the fab 5.

Hi there, glad to have you back again! Thank you, "classic" was definitely the look I was going for!

Love it! You two are so cute! I have a cousin I am close with also but we haven't been to Disney together since about 1997...

I had no idea Chef Mickey's even had views like this! Very nice!

Thank you! Perhaps planning a trip should be in the works for you two :)

Me either! It was a pleasant surprise.

The matching shoes is great. And your photos next to the Chef Mickey statue are great! You two still look so excited to be at Disney.

Mango BBQ ribs...sounds yummy. And some cornbread...it looks like I might enjoy dinner at that restaurant more than I did breakfast. Looking forward to seeing how the character interactions went!

Thank you! We were definitely still excited :)

I had no complaints about the food offerings. There was also a carving station and some other foods that I didn't end up trying, so there's definitely a variety.

November 5th - Chef Mickey & all his friends!

Soon enough our first character was coming around- Donald! He was...interesting. Now I know Donald is known to have an exasperated personality, but this one certainly took that to the extreme. He made grumpy noises at us for basically everything we said and wouldn't even give us time to get out of our seats for pictures. I was only able to get one pic with him and it was blurry!

Minnie came next though and she was much better! And we were able to get a group pic with her which was cute.

Next up was Goofy!

And then Mickey, who was awesome and the star of this meal! He was very happy to see us and even danced around with Liz. The best part though was when we asked to use our polaroid camera for some pics. We each took one with him and then he asked if a third could be taken so he could keep it! Afterwards we saw him go over to the attendant to show her and had her hold on to it. It was really cute and unexpected!

Last was Pluto!

We were stuffed but I still had to try a little bit of all the desserts!

The bread pudding was delicious as were the vanilla macaroons!

We noticed Donald come by again and since our interaction was so quick with him, we asked the attendant if it would be possible to get a quick pic of both of us with him and she obliged.

And our waitress took this nice photo of the 2 of us at our table.

We settled the bill and then headed out. This was my second time at Chef Mickey's and I will still say it's not my absolute favorite. The food we had was good and I have no complaints about that. The character interactions were so-so. The Mickey meet definitely made up for it though. I am still glad we did it and it was a great way to start the trip! But it is pricey and I don't know if I would go back again anytime soon.

Up next...We wrap up our first night of vacation

sounds like your view of Chef Mickey's is similar to mine after our first trip. It was good (as mentioned in my TR I thought the food was much better than I was expecting) but it is just so pricey and other character meals I prefer that it just won't be an "every trip" for us

those ribs are pretty darn good though!

cute story with Mickey and him wanting a Polaroid!

What a strange Donald interaction. However, Mickey sounds great! How flipping adorable that he insisted on taking a picture, too.
Sorry the food was only so-so. I know Chef Mickey is one of the more expensive restaurants; I wish the food matched up to the cost. However, getting to see the Fab 5 gang on arrival day must have been really fun. Way to set the tone for the rest of the trip.

Just joining your TR -- I absolutely love your Disney style. :earsboy: And I can't wait to read how the rest of your trip went. I have to agree with you about Chef Mickey's food but the BEST place to see the Fab Five -- best way to start off your trip.

Oh I LOVE that Mickey wanted a polaroid, too!! And I'm glad you had good interaction with him. Boo, Donald!! He needed to cheer up. At least you got a nice pic with him there at the end.

Yum, desserts!

I'm really trying to figure out if my mom would enjoy this or not...I haven't talked with her too much about characters. I still have this on the "maybe" list for October...but it might get bumped for Tusker House.
It really would be a fun way to start things off, though!

Ok, first of all, I just have to say that I love how you both seem to always be smiling and having so much fun together. Great pictures.

I enjoy Chef Mickey's, but yeah, even though it is something we have to do nearly every trip, it is more for the kids. I would be fine skipping it and doing it maybe every few years tops. The food is usually ok... nothing to complain about but when you could get a better meal at other places for the same price... well, it makes it kind of hard to stomach. We've always had good luck with characters there. I'm sorry they weren't up to par for you, but at least Mickey was memorable!

Yea...another TR....joining in! :) Love the Chef Mickey pictures !!! We have been there 2x but only for breakfast. We love their breakfast selections and the character interaction has been good. Never tried dinner there yet....everything looked yummy!

Cute resort selfies! And your matching shoes are just adorable.

Wow, Donald's interaction is not the best way to start off a (pricey!) character meal!! I'm glad the others were better first. Mickey wanting a picture of y'all to keep is just the cutest. :love:

sounds like your view of Chef Mickey's is similar to mine after our first trip. It was good (as mentioned in my TR I thought the food was much better than I was expecting) but it is just so pricey and other character meals I prefer that it just won't be an "every trip" for us

those ribs are pretty darn good though!

cute story with Mickey and him wanting a Polaroid!

It was a good meal and I certainly have no regrets about it! But like you said, not an "every trip" type place.

I did love those ribs!

Mickey was very cute, and certainly made the experience memorable.

What a strange Donald interaction. However, Mickey sounds great! How flipping adorable that he insisted on taking a picture, too.
Sorry the food was only so-so. I know Chef Mickey is one of the more expensive restaurants; I wish the food matched up to the cost. However, getting to see the Fab 5 gang on arrival day must have been really fun. Way to set the tone for the rest of the trip.

The Donald meet was so bizarre, but I guess it happens. Mickey was the BEST! It was definitely a good meal to start the trip off with!

Just joining your TR -- I absolutely love your Disney style. :earsboy: And I can't wait to read how the rest of your trip went. I have to agree with you about Chef Mickey's food but the BEST place to see the Fab Five -- best way to start off your trip.

Hi! Thank you so much for joining in! Meeting the Fab Five is definitely a perfect start to a trip :)

Oh I LOVE that Mickey wanted a polaroid, too!! And I'm glad you had good interaction with him. Boo, Donald!! He needed to cheer up. At least you got a nice pic with him there at the end.

Yum, desserts!

I'm really trying to figure out if my mom would enjoy this or not...I haven't talked with her too much about characters. I still have this on the "maybe" list for October...but it might get bumped for Tusker House.
It really would be a fun way to start things off, though!

Mickey was so much fun! He definitely made up for the weird Donald.

They have a pretty decent dessert selection there!

Chef Mickey's was a great way to start our trip, so I think it would definitely be fun for you and your mom. And there are a lot of food options. We also did Tusker House dinner towards the end of our trip. It's definitely more laid back and doesn't feel as hectic. The food is good but I also feel it's a little more out of the ordinary. We enjoyed it though, so either way whichever you choose you won't go wrong!

Ok, first of all, I just have to say that I love how you both seem to always be smiling and having so much fun together. Great pictures.

I enjoy Chef Mickey's, but yeah, even though it is something we have to do nearly every trip, it is more for the kids. I would be fine skipping it and doing it maybe every few years tops. The food is usually ok... nothing to complain about but when you could get a better meal at other places for the same price... well, it makes it kind of hard to stomach. We've always had good luck with characters there. I'm sorry they weren't up to par for you, but at least Mickey was memorable!

Aww thank you :goodvibes No matter what we do together, we always find a way to have a good time!

I can see why the kids would love it so much! It's a hard price tag to swallow, but it's all about the memories! The Donald meet really threw me off, but I'm glad Mickey was around to make up for it!

Yea...another TR....joining in! :) Love the Chef Mickey pictures !!! We have been there 2x but only for breakfast. We love their breakfast selections and the character interaction has been good. Never tried dinner there yet....everything looked yummy!

Glad to have you here again! I have always heard good things about their breakfast! I'm not always the biggest breakfast eater but I find myself enjoying the breakfast buffets more than dinner alot of times!

Cute resort selfies! And your matching shoes are just adorable.

Wow, Donald's interaction is not the best way to start off a (pricey!) character meal!! I'm glad the others were better first. Mickey wanting a picture of y'all to keep is just the cutest. :love:

Thank you!! :)

Donald was just so weird, I couldn't wrap my head around that! But everyone else was good, especially Mickey! :earsboy:

November 5th - Enjoying the Contemporary

From there we had to of course take some more selfies and decided to do a little shopping!

I was in love with these paintings!

I also showed Liz the observation desk, where we got our first glimpse of the lit up castle :)

We then headed back on the monorail and then on a bus back to All Star Sports!

You can kinda see the castle through the glass there!

I think we were back in our room around 10pm and it didn't take too long for us to fall asleep- it was a long day!

Up next...Our first park day!!

Back from our trip and caught up! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!!

Those paintings are my favorite! In California this summer, I picked up a magnet of the It's a Small World one. I love it!

L and I discovered the observation deck on our trip, too! Someday I want to like, camp out there all day or something and watch Wishes. It's such an amazing view!

You guys look like you are having a great time! Love these types of TR's. Hope you are planning another trip together, these memories will last a lifetime.

Those paintings are pretty cool - I don't recall having seen them before.

They were pretty neat, and different!

Joining in as our family gets ready to stay at ASSp for the first time!

Hi! Thanks for joining in! I hope you enjoy the resort :)

Back from our trip and caught up! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!!

Those paintings are my favorite! In California this summer, I picked up a magnet of the It's a Small World one. I love it!

L and I discovered the observation deck on our trip, too! Someday I want to like, camp out there all day or something and watch Wishes. It's such an amazing view!

I hope you had a great Christmas!

Ugh those painting are so gorgeous! Want them all!

I have actually watched fireworks from the deck, it's a really nice view! It was such a cold night though so we didn't stay long and couldn't fully appreciate it.

You guys look like you are having a great time! Love these types of TR's. Hope you are planning another trip together, these memories will last a lifetime.

Aww thank you :) We had a blast and hopefully will go again sometime in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter