The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Love all your PP pictures so cute! I have never tried the friendship boats either. We love the Grand Fiesta ride as well.

Your dusk pictures of SE are very nice.

How happy were we? :) Love that picture!
The happiness just radiates off you both! :goodvibes

We headed over to the Imagination Pavillion and rode Figment. This was another first for Liz and I think she enjoyed it!
I have to ride Figment at least once a trip! And usually at least once every time I'm at Epcot as it's a ride to escape the heat with minimal waits :thumbsup2

We appropriately named our creation "Sugie" ;)
Seems like the most appropriate name to me! ::yes::

We were done around 7 and got right in line for Donald and Scrooge! The line didn't seem too long but in reality we ended up waiting about 70 minutes for them. Liz was really happy though, I know this was a meet she was very much looking forward to!

I randomly clicked into your thread and got sucked in by all of your pictures, especially the character pictures! I love character meets, but have never met Scrooge; I love how thorough you were in documenting the meet. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Of course you did!

Mickey and Goofy, both??? Awesome!

It really is. EPCOT as a whole is a beautiful park the way it transforms at night, but the lighting and water effects in that area of the park are really great.

LOL perfect name, right?

We got a great set of characters at the Visa M&G!

I agree, Epcot at night is so pretty. Definitely need to learn to appreciate that more!

Love all your PP pictures so cute! I have never tried the friendship boats either. We love the Grand Fiesta ride as well.

Your dusk pictures of SE are very nice.

Thank you! The friendship boats are nice if you are not in a rush and want to be leisurely!

The happiness just radiates off you both! :goodvibes

I have to ride Figment at least once a trip! And usually at least once every time I'm at Epcot as it's a ride to escape the heat with minimal waits :thumbsup2

Seems like the most appropriate name to me! ::yes::

Thank you, I agree!!

Figment is such a cute ride and like you said, usually not too long of a wait!

I randomly clicked into your thread and got sucked in by all of your pictures, especially the character pictures! I love character meets, but have never met Scrooge; I love how thorough you were in documenting the meet. Thanks for sharing!

Aww thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed!! :)

November 9th- Epcot at night!

We headed to the front of the park to get some pictures in front of Spaceship Earth.

And then we met up with another friend of ours who lives in the area! We walked back to World Showcase to get some more food. I know I had another pork slider, as well as the pineapple sparkling wine, from Hawaii. And the beef skewer from The Chew booth. I was obviously trying to cram in as many snacks as I could!

We then decided to sit in on one of the Eat to the Beat sets! Boyz II Men was playing, who Liz and I actually saw in concert during the summer! I was not good at taking photos, but we had a fun time watching them!

Our friend parted ways with us at this point. We walked her to the exit and then decided to go ahead and find a spot for Illuminations.

We got a great spot a little past Mexico and both really enjoyed it!

Once the show was over we headed to the bus stop. We were certainly pooped and our feet hurting! Luckily it took less than an hour between the time Illuminations ended and the time we were back in the room. We took showers and promptly headed to bed!

Up next...Another morning in the Kingdom!

I'm so jealous that you got to see Boyz II Men. I've always wanted to see them live.

Illuminations looks awesome. I'm hoping my kids can stay up for it this year.

What a great evening in Epcot, Illuminations is a wonderful show, it never tires or gets old to me!

You all put in a long day and evening, I can see why your feet were sore!

More fun pictures to enjoy from the evening, Thanks!

This is great! Loved looking at all the photos! Also thanks for the info on ordering lunch in advance at BOG! Will do that!

How beautiful is Spaceship Earth!! :love: Sounds like an exhausting but wonderful day :)

Spaceship Earth is just so pretty at night! Thank you, it was!

I love Epcot at night. :lovestruc

Very, very wise! That also happens to be my food plan most days... :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Fun that you got to spend some time with a friend, too! :goodvibes

Such a beautiful park!

Haha so many Disney foods, not enough time!

It was a really nice evening all around!

I'm so jealous that you got to see Boyz II Men. I've always wanted to see them live.

Illuminations looks awesome. I'm hoping my kids can stay up for it this year.

It's so funny I'm not the biggest fan of them but that was my 2nd time seeing them and I'll be seeing them again this summer.

I hope you get to see it, it's a really beautiful show!

What a great evening in Epcot, Illuminations is a wonderful show, it never tires or gets old to me!

You all put in a long day and evening, I can see why your feet were sore!

More fun pictures to enjoy from the evening, Thanks!

It was a wonderful evening! But yes, the long day totally explains why our feet were sore!

Thanks for the kind words!

This is great! Loved looking at all the photos! Also thanks for the info on ordering lunch in advance at BOG! Will do that!

Thanks for reading! Yes I think it's a good tip, especially if you have a reservation during prime lunch time when the line is long!

Your Epcot pictures are wonderful! Sounds like a magical day! :)

Thank you! It was :)

Isn't it fun when you can catch up with friends at Disney? Pretty cool that you were able to fit that in and catch the Boyz ll Men concert.

Loved your IllumiNations pictures. I actually started humming the soundtrack to the show in my head as I scrolled through the photos; you brought a little Epcot love to my morning. :goodvibes

I know I had another pork slider, as well as the pineapple sparkling wine, from Hawaii. And the beef skewer from The Chew booth. I was obviously trying to cram in as many snacks as I could!
You did it the right way. :thumbsup2

We then decided to sit in on one of the Eat to the Beat sets! Boyz II Men was playing, who Liz and I actually saw in concert during the summer! I was not good at taking photos, but we had a fun time watching them!
Cool! I'm glad you were able to see them.

Our friend parted ways with us at this point. We walked her to the exit and then decided to go ahead and find a spot for Illuminations.
Wow... that's a lot of walking back and forth between the front of the park and World Showcase in one night... :faint:

Isn't it fun when you can catch up with friends at Disney? Pretty cool that you were able to fit that in and catch the Boyz ll Men concert.

Loved your IllumiNations pictures. I actually started humming the soundtrack to the show in my head as I scrolled through the photos; you brought a little Epcot love to my morning. :goodvibes

So much fun! It was a great evening all around.

Thank you, glad I could do that for you! :)

You did it the right way. :thumbsup2

Cool! I'm glad you were able to see them.

Wow... that's a lot of walking back and forth between the front of the park and World Showcase in one night... :faint:

Thanks, I tried ;)

It was fun, I'm glad we stopped in and were able to get a seat even at the last minute!

It was a lot of walking, certainly explains why our feet were so sore!

November 10th- Magic Kingdom Again!

Today we were back at Magic Kingdom! With the park opening at 8am today and wanting to make sure we caught the Welcome Show this time, we were up and out early this morning!

We were headed to the bus stop when we noticed a MK bus sitting there, not wanting to miss it we promptly ran over and ended up being the only ones on the bus!

We rolled under this sign right at 7am!

It was a very nice morning, almost a little chilly! We were inside with plenty of time to spare. The crowds were definitely lighter this morning!

Then it was time for the Welcome Show! Glad I got to see this one last time before the change!

We strolled into the park and saw them setting up for the holiday TV special performances that were filming that day. We didn't know who would be performing, but we would eventually! (Foreshadowing ;))

We then headed left to Adventureland. I have never actually started my day on this side of the park so it was nice...and very empty!

Up next...Lots of low wait times!

I miss the Welcome Show; it's nice that you were able to see it before it ended.

Love you guy's shirts!

It's fun to start your MK day in Adventureland. I feel like it's less crowded than Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.

Your morning selfies with your outfits are always so cute :)

Then it was time for the Welcome Show! Glad I got to see this one last time before the change!

I'm glad you got to see this, because as I'll report soon in my May TR, I SO miss the welcome show! There are definite benefits of the new setup, and I missed the first part of the new castle show because we were taking PP pictures, so I feel like I haven't been able to really give it a chance yet...but it just didn't feel the same. :(

32330395644_2f3cc6c5ba.jpg

SUCH a great castle selfie :)

We then headed left to Adventureland. I have never actually started my day on this side of the park so it was nice...and very empty!

Cool! I always veer right at rope drop, but this time we went left and did Frontierland, and it was a nice change of pace. :)

I'm glad you got to see it. I always loved starting the morning that way.

We've done it many times. There just something peaceful and relaxing about starting over there.

Joining in! Rarely am I able to find someone who enjoys meeting characters as much as doing other things in the parks. Also, we were both at the same Christmas party on the 8th, except I was completely elsewhere in comparison to you during the party. Good to know we both still had an equally good time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter