The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

November 9th- Enjoying World Showcase!

It was around noon, so it was time to start our lap around World Showcase! We started in Canada, where I couldn't get to the booth fast enough for my cheddar cheese soup!

We then continued our way towards France!

We continued our walk, stopping at any places that interested us!

We also stopped in the Visa lounge in the American Adventure, something I'd never done before! It was nice to enjoy some free sodas and fill up our water bottles while we were there!

In Germany I got the pasta gratin and the apple strudel. The pasta gratin was ok, I remember liking it more the last time I had it. The apple strudel was something I'd been wanting to try in past years but never got the chance. I was excited to finally try it only to be SUPER dissapointed. By far the worst thing I had!

We had a nice table overlooking the water.

Hi Disney duck!

Up next...We finish up our first lap around the world and then some!

All caught up, great updates. I agree with the apple strudel, we tried it in October, only to be disappointed :crazy2: I want to try the beer cheese soup this year!

We started in Canada, where I couldn't get to the booth fast enough for my cheddar cheese soup!
I need this soup in my life again! I've only ever had it at a F&W many years ago - 2008 I think! :sad2: But I remember absolutely loving it. Gotta make that happen again! :thumbsup2

We also stopped in the Visa lounge in the American Adventure, something I'd never done before! It was nice to enjoy some free sodas and fill up our water bottles while we were there!
What?! What's the Visa lounge? Is that for Disney Visa cardholders?! (which I am!) :hyper:

By far the worst thing I had!
Oh no! :sad1:

We had a nice table overlooking the water.
At least you had a great spot to make up for the disappointing food you had!

No offense to that strudel, but it looks terrible. Germans here would have thrown that in the garbage. :rotfl: I'm glad the cheddar cheese soup was as good as you remembered it, though!

All caught up, great updates. I agree with the apple strudel, we tried it in October, only to be disappointed :crazy2: I want to try the beer cheese soup this year!

Thank you! Well at least I'm not the only one who was disappointed in the strudel! You have to try the soup though - so good!

I need this soup in my life again! I've only ever had it at a F&W many years ago - 2008 I think! :sad2: But I remember absolutely loving it. Gotta make that happen again! :thumbsup2

What?! What's the Visa lounge? Is that for Disney Visa cardholders?! (which I am!) :hyper:

Oh no! :sad1:

At least you had a great spot to make up for the disappointing food you had!

YES! I always look forward to attending F&W so I can have that soup (and the pork sliders in Hawaii, which are my fave!).

It is for any Chase cardholders! But I believe it's just during F&W. It's a little lounge you can go in and sit and just relax if you need a break and they have free soda & water, and also a little bar you can buy beer and wine at!

No offense to that strudel, but it looks terrible. Germans here would have thrown that in the garbage. :rotfl: I'm glad the cheddar cheese soup was as good as you remembered it, though!

LOL! I certainly trust you on that, I'm sure you have seen (and probably tasted) some awesome strudel. Oh well at least I finally tried it and can move on. At least my soup wasn't disappointing! :)

Such cute pictures and such cute ears. <3

It was around noon, so it was time to start our lap around World Showcase! We started in Canada, where I couldn't get to the booth fast enough for my cheddar cheese soup!

Being Canadian, whenever I see someone post about it on here I always take such pride in this soup...even though I've never had it, nor have I ever made cheddar cheese soup myself. :P

At some point I went and got us some parade treats...popcorn and cotton candy!
Gotta love the classic treats for the parade!

The last time I went to the Christmas Party, we watched the parade in Town Square. It was a nice spot but I felt it was a little dark and you couldn't appreciate the snow. This time we were right in the action and I loved it! It was well worth waiting the hour for such a great spot to enjoy the parade.
I've never watched the Christmas parade from Main Street. I've seen it on Town Square twice just because we didn't want to sit and wait for so long, but I'd love to see it on Main Street sometime.

We still had a few minutes before the castle show, so we decided to go back to the treat spot with the ginger molasses cookies. It was pretty quiet in there and we asked the CM if it was possible to get a few extra cookies since we really enjoyed them. She was SO enthusiastic and gave us each handfuls! And then asked if we wanted more! She was awesome and we walked out of there laughing at our good fortune!
Awesome! The only thing better than cookies is more cookies!

It was a late night but we walked out of the park SO happy. I really think this party might've been my favorite part of the entire trip! The night really couldn't have gone any better. (And thank goodness, because our second party will not be as good to us...foreshadowing!)
Uh oh...

Despite the late night, we were up early to make it to rope drop at Epcot!
That's dedication!

We had a FP for Nemo, and thank goodness we did as the standby wait was 50 minutes! I didn't take any pictures it seems and we didn't spend much time in the Seas building..whoops! :rotfl:
Say what??? How in the heck does that happen?

We started in Canada, where I couldn't get to the booth fast enough for my cheddar cheese soup!
Can't go wrong with that one!

I really like Liz's Rope Drop to Wishes shirt!

Such cute pictures and such cute ears. <3

Being Canadian, whenever I see someone post about it on here I always take such pride in this soup...even though I've never had it, nor have I ever made cheddar cheese soup myself. :P

Thank you!

Aww well I'm glad to make you feel a little proud ;)

Gotta love the classic treats for the parade!

I've never watched the Christmas parade from Main Street. I've seen it on Town Square twice just because we didn't want to sit and wait for so long, but I'd love to see it on Main Street sometime.

Awesome! The only thing better than cookies is more cookies!

Uh oh...

That's dedication!

Say what??? How in the heck does that happen?

Can't go wrong with that one!

I really like Liz's Rope Drop to Wishes shirt!

Treats are always a must!

I'm really glad we dedicated the time to watch on Main Street, it was really beautiful!

I'll never say no to cookies!

I am definitely in the "no sleeping in Disney" club ;)

Haha which part- the long line at Nemo or the lack of pictures? Because both of those are a pretty odd occurrence!! :rotfl:

Her shirt is cute, isn't it? She bought it online though I'm not sure from where!

November 8th- Mexico Adventures & More!

We made it all the way to Mexico, where of course we had to stop and meet Mexican Donald, one of our favorites!

We then headed to the Gran Fiesta Tour, a first for Liz!

We eventually made it to the base of World Showcase, so we stopped for a few PP pictures.

At this point I started to not feel so well (probably from the different foods, stomach issues are not an unusual occurence for me), so we spent some time sitting on a bench and waiting for it to pass. At least we had a pretty view!

Once I was feeling better, we decided to take the boat across the lagoon- something I'd never done before!

I guess I was feeling better enough (or was just throwing caution to the wind) because I stopped to get a waffle in Germany. Love these things!

I believe we stopped in the Chase lounge again for a little bit, and also took some more PP pictures! The photographer here was a lot of fun!

Up next...Back to Future World!

Nathan's still never done Grand Fiesta Tour (aka, "It's a Small Mexico" in my books.) We may have to correct that soon.

That waffle looks so decadent <3

I love your fun photopass pics! I've never seen such a funny balloon photo before! I'm definitely going to have to request this. :)

Mexican Donald is sooo cute! I love the Grand Fiesta Tour. The fireworks gets me every time. Your waffle look yummy.

32124107663_8c320b31c1.jpg

Cute, cute, CUTE ears!! I saw similar pairs in various colors at Epcot last week and I though they were adorable!!!

We designed our car, and as tradition had to make it pretty girly!

I love the flowers and butterfly on the side. I never knew that was an option!!

We had a great ride, but our car design wasn't recognized on the ride so we didn't get to see how we did!

Boo! And after it looked so cute, too. That's no fair.

I've never seen the fall scenes in Living with the Land before, so now I'm really looking forward to that in October.

Liz and I can never say no to a photobooth so we did a couple of designs!

I love these! So much fun!!

We had a FP for Nemo, and thank goodness we did as the standby wait was 50 minutes!

Ok, I have seen this reported now several times on fall reports I've been reading...Wow! I have never seen a long wait there personally, although DH and L did encounter a long line there in December while I was with X after his trip to urgent care. It's so hard for me to imagine!!

We also stopped in the Visa lounge in the American Adventure,

Another thing I don't want to skip in October. I love the idea of having a space to rest in a/c for a bit if we need to.

The apple strudel was something I'd been wanting to try in past years but never got the chance. I was excited to finally try it only to be SUPER dissapointed. By far the worst thing I had!

That's so disappointing. I hate when that happens. I'm sorry it was bad.

Hi Disney duck!

Haha! He is like, "Hey...you gonna throw out that strudel?? I'll take it, just pass it through these bars lady."

We then headed to the Gran Fiesta Tour, a first for Liz!

Her first time? I'm glad you fixed that. Gran Fiesta Tour is a must do for me, which is maybe weird, but it's a favorite of mine!

We then headed to the Gran Fiesta Tour, a first for Liz
What'd she think?! This is one ride I always do whenever I'm in the Mexico pavilion - for one, rarely a line, but two, it's so darn cute and I love the view of San Angel Inn from the boat :lovestruc One day I'll eat there... :rolleyes:

I stopped to get a waffle in Germany. Love these things!
Yum! That looks delicious and I'm shocked to say that I've never had it myself (missing a snack in WS is truly unheard of for me :laughing:) - I need to add this to my list! :thumbsup2

The Three Caballeros!

I guess I was feeling better enough (or was just throwing caution to the wind) because I stopped to get a waffle in Germany. Love these things!
Well, I'm glad you got over it and started feeling better. That waffle looks pretty awesome, so I can understand your lack of restraint despite other concerns.

Nathan's still never done Grand Fiesta Tour (aka, "It's a Small Mexico" in my books.)
I'm glad to see you use its proper name.

Nathan's still never done Grand Fiesta Tour (aka, "It's a Small Mexico" in my books.) We may have to correct that soon.

That waffle looks so decadent <3

I love your fun photopass pics! I've never seen such a funny balloon photo before! I'm definitely going to have to request this. :)

Yes, definitely take him on it! I think it's a cute ride, and how can you go wrong with Donald Duck? :)

It was so tasty, and just the perfect size!

Thanks! The balloon one was all because of the directions from the photographer! She totally got into it, it was great!

Mexican Donald is sooo cute! I love the Grand Fiesta Tour. The fireworks gets me every time. Your waffle look yummy.

Mexican Donald is one of my faves!

The waffle was delicious!

Cute, cute, CUTE ears!! I saw similar pairs in various colors at Epcot last week and I though they were adorable!!!

I love the flowers and butterfly on the side. I never knew that was an option!!

Boo! And after it looked so cute, too. That's no fair.

I've never seen the fall scenes in Living with the Land before, so now I'm really looking forward to that in October.

I love these! So much fun!!

Ok, I have seen this reported now several times on fall reports I've been reading...Wow! I have never seen a long wait there personally, although DH and L did encounter a long line there in December while I was with X after his trip to urgent care. It's so hard for me to imagine!!

Another thing I don't want to skip in October. I love the idea of having a space to rest in a/c for a bit if we need to.

That's so disappointing. I hate when that happens. I'm sorry it was bad.

Haha! He is like, "Hey...you gonna throw out that strudel?? I'll take it, just pass it through these bars lady."

Her first time? I'm glad you fixed that. Gran Fiesta Tour is a must do for me, which is maybe weird, but it's a favorite of mine!

We actually bought those in Epcot!! We couldn't pass them up!

Haha we had a lot of fun designing our TT car, even if it was a fail at the end!

I remember you guys doing the photobooth pics on your last trip! I'm disappointed that was the only one we ended up doing!

I don't know what is up with Nemo having long lines. Definitely won't consider it a waste of a FP anymore!

YES, definitely visit the Chase lounge! It was never something I considered doing, but we decided to just pop in and it was a great decision. They have those Coke freestyle machines which I absolutely love and a couple of seating areas. Nice if you need a little break!

At least I can finally cross the strudel off my list haha and this mean lady didn't even share with her new duck friend! :rotfl:

Not weird that Gran Fiesta Tour is a favorite, I mean it features Mexican Donald so how can it be bad?!

What'd she think?! This is one ride I always do whenever I'm in the Mexico pavilion - for one, rarely a line, but two, it's so darn cute and I love the view of San Angel Inn from the boat :lovestruc One day I'll eat there... :rolleyes:

Yum! That looks delicious and I'm shocked to say that I've never had it myself (missing a snack in WS is truly unheard of for me :laughing:) - I need to add this to my list! :thumbsup2

She enjoyed it! I agree, it's nice seeing the view of San Angel Inn!

This is actually a F&W booth snack, so perhaps why you have missed it! It is so delicious though and they have another version with fruit topping instead of chocolate!

The Three Caballeros!

Well, I'm glad you got over it and started feeling better. That waffle looks pretty awesome, so I can understand your lack of restraint despite other concerns.

I'm glad to see you use its proper name.

LOL! I actually never even thought of that and now I am cracking up! Thanks for that :rotfl:

The waffle was delicious..was totally worth it ;)

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Traveling can throw even the hardiest stomachs for a loop. But I'm glad to see it didn't hold you down long and you were able to try more food!

I never knew about the Visa lounge in the American Adventure! Great tip :) Thanks!

I believe it's only during F&W but it's a nice perk!

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Traveling can throw even the hardiest stomachs for a loop. But I'm glad to see it didn't hold you down long and you were able to try more food!

Thanks! Yeah I definitely have a weak stomach but luckily I know how to handle it and it passed pretty quickly so I could go back to stuffing my face ;)

November 9th- Back to Future World!

We then took the boat back to Future World! We sure were loving the friendship boats!

How happy were we? :) Love that picture!

We headed over to the Imagination Pavillion and rode Figment. This was another first for Liz and I think she enjoyed it!

We appropriately named our creation "Sugie" ;)

Since we were in the area, we decided to do the Visa M&G!

My favorite time of night was approaching, so many pictures were taken! I've never really spent time in this part of the park, and my gosh it's so pretty!

Up next...We finish up our Epcot day!

We appropriately named our creation "Sugie" ;)
Of course you did!

Since we were in the area, we decided to do the Visa M&G!
Mickey and Goofy, both??? Awesome!

My favorite time of night was approaching, so many pictures were taken! I've never really spent time in this part of the park, and my gosh it's so pretty!
It really is. EPCOT as a whole is a beautiful park the way it transforms at night, but the lighting and water effects in that area of the park are really great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter