"The Stormtrooper Killed My Cupcake!" - An August 2016 TR *5/12 x2!*

I still don't know final grades for two of my classes but to be honest, I'm not planning on stressing about them.

I'm sure you did fine.

Why should I when I can think about Disney right now instead? Right?

Right!

So, we took our luggage and headed to the front desk so that we could get a cab. Now, we know that it's possible to have your luggage transfered and just take a bus to a park and then to another resort. We've done it before (see our September 2014 trip), but what we found is that eats up a lot of time. Also, it takes a long time for your stuff to get back to you and we weren't about that.

I think that's the way I'd do it to.
I want my bags now.

And the fashion is back in style almost so there is that.

Yes! I can be hip again!

Crap. I just ruined it by using the word "hip" didn't I.

Our cab ride came to $13, which was decent and for the time saved we considered it to be worth it.

::yes:: Agreed.

The lobby is also much bigger.

Then again, so is the resort.

I showed a woman that she could take off the gray part of her magic band to make it smaller when she was having difficulty putting it on her child.

Nice of you.

Being a second floor room, but we were thrilled anyway because we were staying in a royal room. The room was beautiful.

Nice!

The light up headboard that Marie and I pressed a million times to make light up.

:laughing:

It took us a few days to recognize the fact that it was Snow White's border around the Tiana picture.

Huh. I don't think I'd even have noticed that. Good eye.

Made better with the lamp facet.

Now that's just cool.

We decided that we were just going to unpack at that point, get it over with and so forth and that's when I realized that I had forgotten my Pooh bear stuffed animal back at Pop.

Whoops...

Which was very sad for me because I once lost a bear at Disney that way and Pooh has a much more meaningful part in my life (if you aren't aware, I got him as I was going through chemo from my in-laws).

Oh, man. No I didn't know that. You must've been pretty upset.

We continued unpacking and a few minutes later we got the call saying they had it and they'd deliver him over to Bell services, so we could pick him up after 4.

Yay!

So, we made our way out of the room and over to our bus stop at the East Depot.

Quite familiar with that one.
Nice memories of my two DDs when they were 8 & 4 dancing while waiting for the bus.

We love empty buses, makes us feel like VIPs.

Wait. You're saying, you're not?

But how can one not stop for Castle pictures?

Not physically possible.

I love these trees with the little sitting area attached to it.

I don't know if I've ever noticed that before. That does look inviting, doesn't it?

I love that punny journey.

::yes::

Our skipper, Kate, was incredible. I say this honestly, but she was probably one of the best skippers that we'd ever had. Very funny, very personable and overall just clearly in love with her job.

:laughing: A good skipper makes the ride fun. But a great skipper makes it memorable.

This was the only photo that came out from our journey, but I'm sure no one is very upset about that :P

A photo? From Jungle Cruise? This is a first!

:rolleyes2

"And thank you to animal crackers for teaching kids all over the world that all animals taste the same."

Hey there, Girls!

YAY for a break! You've deserved it! I assume you've passed this term and are really ready for that much needed break! Your royal room looks fabulous! All the little details are awesome! Especially that faucet fixture!

Hey!

Thank you! I did pass nursing, though my final exam was the worst I did all semester so I'm hoping to stop that from happening next term. I haven't gotten my last grade back from Anatomy but I for sure will pass the class no matter what.

It was so incredible to be able to stay in the royal room.

I loved the faucet too.

glad you got to your break from Nursing school - hope you enjoy it and do get to rest up and recharge!

Also glad you enjoyed Moana so much. We saw it and I too really like the music. I think it might have been one of those things where expectations were raised too much for me from so so many people saying how much they loved it and that is was the best Disney movie ever, etc. - as I don't think I liked it as much as that. Don't get me wrong, it was really good but even this year I think I liked Zootopia better. But definitely a great addition to the Disney family

ok, back to the TR

Seems like a good plan to cab it over to the new location if you aren't planning on being in the parks all day / good chunk of time where it is ok if they take a while to transfer your bags. Even better that your room was ready

Very glad they were able to track down your Pooh bear and got him back to you so quickly!

The details in the Royal rooms really do look great! I am sure exploring the room and finding new details is a great part of staying there

Love the Jungle Cruise and glad you had an exceptional skipper. Overall I think the Skippers tend to be people that really love being Skippers which I think is one reason I love that ride so much. Plus, you know, the puns

Thanks Phil. I'm really hoping that it is a relaxing break.

Marie does rank it as one of the best ever made. I'd say the same and I loved Zootopia just as much. I loved the focus on culture and finding yourself especially on top of the music. But I understand how the hype would change your experience a bit.

Yeah, I think it was just a convenience thing overall that we liked using a cab better.

I was so thrilled and relieved.

The royal rooms are just so incredible that I loved everything about them. I've got to hand it to Disney with how well they themed them.

I agree, skips tend to be in love with what they do which I think you almost have to be in a role like that.

We just got back from our trip. I am hoping reading about yours will help me get over the blues. I still haven't put up the Christmas tree. Too sad lol

I'm glad they brought your Pooh to you so quickly. I know you're an adult but it can be crushing to loose your little friends especially when they have more meaning.

I'm going to guess Columbia House and no waiting.

I hope it is helping. Post Disney Blues are the worst. But at least you and a trip so recently and got to see all the Christmas stuff I don't blame you for not putting up a tree lol. We didn't have one this year because our cat would destroy it, but going from Disney and coming home would be way harder.

Yeah, it's definitely really a sentimental thing with Pooh bear and with Mariebear. So I was relieved that they brought it.

Well you were part right ;)

I'm sure you did fine.
I got my nursing grade back. My final went okay but not great. I passed so that's what matters.

I think that's the way I'd do it to.
I want my bags now.
It's just easier not to have to worry about them and to be able to unpack.

Yes! I can be hip again!

Crap. I just ruined it by using the word "hip" didn't I.
Yeah, you did ruin it by saying hip :P

Then again, so is the resort.
Very true.

Nice of you.
I'd like to think anyone with the knowledge would do it.

Huh. I don't think I'd even have noticed that. Good eye.
Marie noticed it first but it makes me think there are always things that you can notice later.

Now that's just cool.
It's awesome.

Oh, man. No I didn't know that. You must've been pretty upset.
It was really upsetting until I heard that they'd get it back.

Quite familiar with that one.
Nice memories of my two DDs when they were 8 & 4 dancing while waiting for the bus.
Aww that must have been so cute. I love seeing excited kids waiting for things at Disney.

Wait. You're saying, you're not?
Unfortunately, we're just Regular Important People. Sad but true.

Not physically possible.
Not for true fans.

I don't know if I've ever noticed that before. That does look inviting, doesn't it?
We've sat there before, it's really nice.

:laughing: A good skipper makes the ride fun. But a great skipper makes it memorable.
100% true.

A photo? From Jungle Cruise? This is a first!
I'm very original like that.

It's practically a crime I haven't updated this yet. I kept wanting to and then got busy. So, now that I'm at a hotel, heading home to Michigan for the holidays I figure that I might as well.

Speaking of holidays, I hope that you all have wonderful ones! I know love to be in Disney for them, but magic isn't in short supply this time of year at home either so hopefully the same can be said for all of you!

Day 3, Part 3: "I want to steal these lights"

Just as we finished up our two week cruise, it started to rain.

Luckily, we didn't have all that far to go in order to reach our destination.

In fact, we were just heading over to... Skipper's Canteen.

I didn't get a picture of the sign because of the rain but I did get a picture of the seating area outside which was cute.

051_zpscy9fetqe.jpg

Our reservation was at 11:30 and we were walked in pretty much right away.

052_zpsgmvl53w2.jpg

I was disappointed that we got seated out in the skipper cafeteria area, but it was still goregous in there.

052_zpsgmvl53w2.jpg

We had a great photobomber.

053_zps0szmmanp.jpg

055_zpsqa88menf.jpg

Here is the menu.

054_zps5jl7snal.jpg

And again.

056_zpsbceifsne.jpg

Marie ordered a Schweitzer Slush to start off and she loved them. She even let me have a few of her boba balls and I liked them too.

057_zpsefzf81np.jpg

The place setting was very cute, we both liked it.

058_zpsex7huetn.jpg

We were started off with some 'celebration bread' which we found to be nice. It's not the best bread we've ever had and neither one of us was really a fan of the dipping sauce that came with it, but we're pretty picky.

060_zps6kgotewv.jpg

As for food, Marie got the Char Shiu Pork which she enjoyed although she found it to be fattier than she was expecting.

059_zpswfgfrzma.jpg

I got the 'tastes like chicken because it is' and I found it to be good. The downfall was the rice that it was served with, which I really didn't enjoy. If we go back I think I'm going to request that I just get some plain white rice instead.

Our waitress was nice but definitely didn't seem as fun as some of the others that we saw around. Oh well, she did her job and that's the important part.

Because the restaurant was mostly empty, I went around and took some pictures. The place is amazingly themed and really great to just look around in.

061_zps9p3jocon.jpg

The light fixture in our room.

062_zpssuunpsmx.jpg

These parrot lights were incredible and I wanted to steal them. They were found in the ... room.

063_zpsanlheabp.jpg

Which also held a model of one of the Jungle Cruise boats.

064_zpswozqbdni.jpg

This fun looking seating area.

It's located right next to the ... library room.

065_zpsbkd0q7rq.jpg

That room had a lot of people inside of it so I couldn't take many pictures.

066_zpsmpfinmnf.jpg

But this was a cool booth set up.

067_zpsdmfvtvnt.jpg

This was the bookcase 'door' to the library room which was pretty awesome.

When we finished eating, we headed out and found that it was still raining.

068_zpsjwkekjgp.jpg

We sheltered under Sunshine Tree Terrace for a moment.

Then we decided we were just going to head back to our resort and relax for a little while.

Yeah, we entered the park, rode one ride, ate lunch and then went back to our resort.

It was that sort of day.

But thanks to having gotten so much done the day before we felt no shame in just relaxing in our very special royal room.

I think there was some showering during this time and then just kicking back and taking in everything some more.

A few hours later, we felt ready to hit the parks again.

So, we headed over to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom.

069_zps6bjvy1fj.jpg

070_zpstvtiq0kv.jpg

Sometimes this board was helpful and sometimes it wasn't.

It took about 20 minutes for a bus to get there, which was sad because we had plans that we needed to get to. At least it wasn't unbarable outside and there were benches to relax on.

071_zpsso2tamml.jpg

We did get to see Civil War bus while waiting.

And then, after a short ride we were back seeing this again:

072_zpscbeibaz3.jpg

This time around we were in a hurry. However, Marie follows Disney rules.

073_zpsxhax3lrk.jpg

And took a Castle picture while we rushed.

074_zpsnylxpgxe.jpg

075_zps5skh9yeh.jpg

To Liberty Square we went.

Day 3, Part 4: "Maybe he doesn't know what province Canada is in."

Where were we headed?

076_zpsfbhidt1t.jpg

Not here, sorry Hall of Presidents.

No, instead we were headed over here.

077_zpswokevuzp.jpg

Our fastpass for The Haunted Mansion had plenty of time.

However, the line was pretty long and we had a dinner reservation. We asked the maid that was working the Fastpass line how long it'd take (since fastpass had to merge with regular line to go through the cemetery). She told us that it was probably about 15 minutes to get inside from that point and we knew that between that and the actual ride time we'd be late for our reservation. We thanked the mansion maid for telling us and said that we were probably going to leave so that we wouldn't be late for dinner.

The maid, named Juliette, told us that she didn't want us to miss the ride though and said that we should come back after dinner and head through the fast pass entrance saying that maid Juliette sent us so that we would be able to enjoy the attraction.

Really, that sort of the thing is why Disney cast members can be above and beyond, because she didn't have to do that in the slightest.

With the Haunted Mansion squared away, we walked over to our dinner destination.

078_zpsgxkl9w0y.jpg

And saw some ducks.

Once again, we didn't have far to go.

079_zpsv7nthodu.jpg

Liberty Tree Tavern!

We've eaten here before, but never for dinner so we were excited to try it in its family style glory.

Now we were early but we still able to check in, saying we were from Montreal when asked.

Then took some pictures.

080_zpslyfiivhf.jpg

Lights.

081_zpszr1gym2o.jpg

Ice water was greatly appreciated.

082_zpsdmonr04u.jpg

083_zpsjfcepmm2.jpg

I love this 1700s aesthetic.

They called our party and instead of saying Quebec like all the other people got their states called they just said Canada.

Which led me to say, "Maybe he just doesn't know what province Canada is in."

Marie just looked at me and waited for me to realize how stupid I had just sounded and when I did I cringed.

Yet, we were soon led over to our table.

085_zpsoibtlmru.jpg

086_zpslau2rqzo.jpg

084_zpsrgtahenw.jpg

I appreciate that we still get a menu.

087_zpsge5nbift.jpg

This table setting was so nice. I want these plates.

088_zpswqpfrs8f.jpg

Marie was thrilled to be reunited with pomegranate lemonade.

Soon, the food started coming.

089_zpsbuoxnydu.jpg

Salad and rolls came over quickly, but neither of us ate much of them because we were saving room for the main event.

090_zpsp8iiduye.jpg

Oooh yeah.

Thanksgiving for two. It was fantastic. I ate waaay too much.

And then the dessert came and we stuffed even more.

091_zpsivhiywb1.jpg

Because Johnny Appleseed cake is so yummy.

When we were finished, we waddled out of the restaurant and back over to The Haunted Mansion.

092_zpsvhzef8j5.jpg

It was a bit busy in that area.

We walked over to the fast pass entrance and told the guy working that Juliette had told us to come back in this way. He waved us through and it was awesome.

So we're standing at the merging point for fastpass and regular line just starting to enter the cemetery and Marie and I are talking.

Then, I glance back and catch sight of a familiar face. I do a small double take a look back to Marie, quietly asking her, "Is that Craig (from the Disunplugged) behind us?"

According to Marie when she looked Craig had a look on his face that suggested that he knew exactly what was going on. She looked back at me and goes, "Well that's definitely Oliver, so I'm guessing it's him."

I am a podcast watcher, even if I can't always watch in a timely manner. Marie only watches when I'm watching and she's home, so it was funny to me that Oliver was the person that she recognized.

At that point, I turned to introduce myself and say that I loved the show and I didn't want to bother them.

Both Craig and Oliver (and Kylie, Craig's wife) were extremely kind and we chatted through the line.

Oliver asked how old I was after seeing our anniversary button saying we'd been together 5 years (dating, not married even though they were happily ever after buttons).

Craig immediately told him it was rude to ask a woman's age and I laughed before saying that I was 24.

Once inside we ended up next to each other still, which was nice to continue talking.

We didn't end up getting a picture at the end of the ride because I didn't want to bother them, although I thought about asking for one.

It was okay though because Craig was vlogging that day and we were in it!

If you click on this still you can watch the very last part of the video that we're in!

It was so cool and it turned out that not being able to go on the Haunted Mansion earlier in the day had been a blessing.

We bid Craig, Kylie, and Oliver a good day and then walked through Fantasyland to decide what to do next.

094_zpsbl8aq1lj.jpg

We waved to It's a Small World.

095_zpsgbsstcwj.jpg

And to Peter Pan's Flight.

096_zpsdu1yjuzk.jpg

As well as the carousel.

But we still weren't stopping yet.

Last edited:
Pomegranate Lemonade! I KNEW there was something drink related I forgot to try. :guilty:

we were staying in a royal room

Guhhhhhhh so jealous - I want to stay in a Royal Room so badly! I was so tempted to splurge for it last time we were in POR but it wasn't the best idea lol

Double vanity areas are the best.

Yessssssss favorite part of a moderate haha

Luckily, just as we finished unpacking they actually brought him up to our room instead! I was super grateful that they'd made a special trip to make sure I'd get him back even earlier in the day.

That kind of service is the reason I love PO - both FQ but definitely Riverside too (actually our great concierge help was at Riverside). But that is wonderful! I'm glad you got him back because when I read you had lost him I immediately thought "Oh no!"

The maid, named Juliette, told us that she didn't want us to miss the ride though and said that we should come back after dinner and head through the fast pass entrance saying that maid Juliette sent us so that we would be able to enjoy the attraction.

That is fabulous!

It's practically a crime I haven't updated this yet. I kept wanting to and then got busy.

I totally get that.

Totally.

So, now that I'm at a hotel, heading home to Michigan for the holidays I figure that I might as well.

Hope you had nice holidays!

Just as we finished up our two week cruise, it started to rain.

I read that... and read that... and read that....
"Did I miss something? Did I miss a bunch of posts where they did a Disney cruise?"

Then I clued in.
I blame lack of sleep.

Our reservation was at 11:30 and we were walked in pretty much right away.

052_zpsgmvl53w2.jpg

I can see why.

Marie ordered a Schweitzer Slush to start off and she loved them. She even let me have a few of her boba balls and I liked them too.

I liked that. Those boba balls were..... weird... but good!

As for food, Marie got the Char Shiu Pork which she enjoyed although she found it to be fattier than she was expecting.

Oh, really? I didn't find it fatty at all. Huh.

I got the 'tastes like chicken because it is' and I found it to be good. The downfall was the rice that it was served with, which I really didn't enjoy. If we go back I think I'm going to request that I just get some plain white rice instead.

That looks really good! If/when I eat there, I may try that. (With the white rice too.)

Our waitress was nice but definitely didn't seem as fun as some of the others that we saw around. Oh well, she did her job and that's the important part.

Too bad. Mine was a hoot.

The place is amazingly themed and really great to just look around in.

The light fixture in our room.

Love that parrot light. No wonder you want to steal it!

I would love to eat there... But it's not gonna happen when I go solo.

This was the bookcase 'door' to the library room which was pretty awesome.

Cool!!

Yeah, we entered the park, rode one ride, ate lunch and then went back to our resort.

Nothing wrong with that.
Actually.... it sounds pretty nice.

Sometimes this board was helpful and sometimes it wasn't.

Why? Inaccurate?

This time around we were in a hurry. However, Marie follows Disney rules.

And took a Castle picture while we rushed.

Some things are just not skipped.

Not here, sorry Hall of Presidents.

What?!?!?! :faint:

She told us that it was probably about 15 minutes to get inside from that point and we knew that between that and the actual ride time we'd be late for our reservation.

Dang.

Really, that sort of the thing is why Disney cast members can be above and beyond, because she didn't have to do that in the slightest.

Nice! That was some nice pixie dust there!

Liberty Tree Tavern!
We've eaten here before, but never for dinner so we were excited to try it in its family style glory.

mmmm.... I have. Yummy.

Which led me to say, "Maybe he just doesn't know what province Canada is in."
Marie just looked at me and waited for me to realize how stupid I had just sounded and when I did I cringed.

:sad2:

So, sooooo disappointed in you.

Yet, we were soon led over to our table.

I bet you were still in quite a state.

:rolleyes1

This table setting was so nice. I want these plates.

You're stealing Disney stuff all over the place!

Such a cute picture!

Oooh yeah.
Thanksgiving for two. It was fantastic. I ate waaay too much.

You have to. It's a rule.

We walked over to the fast pass entrance and told the guy working that Juliette had told us to come back in this way. He waved us through and it was awesome.

Great!

We didn't end up getting a picture at the end of the ride because I didn't want to bother them, although I thought about asking for one.
It was okay though because Craig was vlogging that day and we were in it!

I don't watch it myself, but cool! I'm happy for you.

I'm so glad I found this TR! You might remember me as the crazy person who chased you down at POR on my way out to the Magical Express!! I'm so jealous of your amazing Royal room... I would love to stay in one but have a hard time justifying the extra cost when our room is pretty much exclusively used for sleeping. Also-- your meal at Skipper's Canteen looks amazing! I am currently deciding between SC and BOG for dinner on our next (pretty far off) trip.

Happy New Year, Ladies! I hope all of your holiday celebrations were magical!

Sadly, I got pretty busy and fell way behind on all of my subbed threads. Finally today have a whole day to catch up and enjoy all of the lovely updates! And there were many.

Never have eaten at LTT, but it sure does look yummy. I missed out on Skippers, but am ok with that. By that time in the trip I'd had enough food in general. LOL! But everything you ordered looked fabulous. I LOVE the theming in there a lot!

Totally get that you felt okay with just heading back and resting. If you'd done a lot the day before... why not?!

Pomegranate Lemonade! I KNEW there was something drink related I forgot to try. :guilty:
There's always something to look forward to for next time!

Guhhhhhhh so jealous - I want to stay in a Royal Room so badly! I was so tempted to splurge for it last time we were in POR but it wasn't the best idea lol
It was definitely a splurge Marie had to talk me into, but it was fantastic.

Yessssssss favorite part of a moderate haha
It's just so helpful! Getting ready is so much easier.

That kind of service is the reason I love PO - both FQ but definitely Riverside too (actually our great concierge help was at Riverside). But that is wonderful! I'm glad you got him back because when I read you had lost him I immediately thought "Oh no!"
PO has been top notch everytime we've stayed their and though I'm always going to love POFQ a little more, I really have only good things to say about POR too.

And obviously I was thrilled to get him back. I'd have felt guilty forever if I lost him.

That is fabulous!
It was pretty incredible for sure.

I totally get that.

Totally.
I'm glad that people understand. At one point I was able to update in a timely manner. Those days are gone.

Hope you had nice holidays!
We did, thank you! I hope you did too.

I read that... and read that... and read that....
"Did I miss something? Did I miss a bunch of posts where they did a Disney cruise?"

Then I clued in.
I blame lack of sleep.

:P Sure, blame the sleep.

I can see why.
It picked up only a little by the time we left.

I liked that. Those boba balls were..... weird... but good!
That was almost my exact review to Marie.

Oh, really? I didn't find it fatty at all. Huh.
Maybe it was just a bad day. Also, we're pretty picky about fat so maybe we just have a lower tolerance.

That looks really good! If/when I eat there, I may try that. (With the white rice too.)
It was really good, but yeah, go for the white rice.

Too bad. Mine was a hoot.
We saw another that was a hoot, so I guess it was just a luck of the draw thing.

Love that parrot light. No wonder you want to steal it!
Who wouldn't want to? It's so cool!

I would love to eat there... But it's not gonna happen when I go solo.
Yeah, not gonna happen for us with only two of us either.

Nothing wrong with that.
Actually.... it sounds pretty nice.
It's definitely a sign that we've been there a few times. Never the sort of thing we'd have done within our first couple trips.

Why? Inaccurate?
Yup and sometimes it just didn't list certain parks at all.

Some things are just not skipped.
Very true.

Nice! That was some nice pixie dust there!
It was, for sure.

mmmm.... I have. Yummy.
It was a great meal. I think we'd probably go back for lunch though and do the Thanksgiving Feast which is basically the same thing but cheaper.

So, sooooo disappointed in you.

I know, it's a good thing I haven't gotten my citizenship yet. They'd have to take it away.

I bet you were still in quite a state.

:rolleyes1
A shame state :(

You're stealing Disney stuff all over the place!
Hey, if I did my house would have a lot nicer stuff.

Such a cute picture!
It's that pure happiness that does it.

I don't watch it myself, but cool! I'm happy for you.
Yeah, it's a small percentage of people who'd be so happy about it but I was.

I'm so glad I found this TR! You might remember me as the crazy person who chased you down at POR on my way out to the Magical Express!! I'm so jealous of your amazing Royal room... I would love to stay in one but have a hard time justifying the extra cost when our room is pretty much exclusively used for sleeping. Also-- your meal at Skipper's Canteen looks amazing! I am currently deciding between SC and BOG for dinner on our next (pretty far off) trip.
I do remember you for sure and I'm glad you found it! If you have a TR I'd love to read it!

It was pretty incredible, but yeah, if you weren't going to spend time in the room I can see where the cost really becomes a factor. I think that's why we made sure to spend extra time, to get our money's worth. :laughing:

Our meal was really good, but I can't weigh in on BOG for dinner as we've never done it. What I can say, is that SC would be a much easier reservation to get so you won't have to worry about it being open :P

Happy New Year, Ladies! I hope all of your holiday celebrations were magical!

Sadly, I got pretty busy and fell way behind on all of my subbed threads. Finally today have a whole day to catch up and enjoy all of the lovely updates! And there were many.

Never have eaten at LTT, but it sure does look yummy. I missed out on Skippers, but am ok with that. By that time in the trip I'd had enough food in general. LOL! But everything you ordered looked fabulous. I LOVE the theming in there a lot!

Totally get that you felt okay with just heading back and resting. If you'd done a lot the day before... why not?!

Thank you! Happy New Year to you too and they definitely were. Were yours?

I understand, I'm planning on spending time today and tomorrow hopefully catching up on how far behind I've fallen. Holiday break is not that restful, as it turns out.

LTT is great and it feels very holiday like. Someday when we go for the holidays I'm sure that's where we'll end up. And hey, the food wall is not to be messed with. But maybe sometime you can get back to SC and just go in even to look around if they'd let you because it is so beautiful in there.

For sure! We aren't commando people at all anymore.

I hope everyone had a good holiday season. Marie and I did visiting my family in Michigan and then her family back here in Quebec afterward. Of course, my nephew got us sick, so that was less fun but we're better now.

This is my last week before school starts up again and wow did that break fly by. I meant to do so much more than I did, but hopefully I'll manage to set things up for the trip report for the semester to come because it looks like it'll be an extremely busy one.​

Day 3, Part 5: "He wasn't wearing shoes."

We were actually on a pretty specific mission.

100_zpsrmtlncyj.jpg

100_zpsrmtlncyj.jpg

Not here, though it is pretty.

103_zps3hm1ivrq.jpg

We were headed over to Storybook Circus.

Specifically over here:
104_zpsjcpluapi.jpg

We weren't just heading to Big Top for no reason, we were trying to see Courtney who was still working there at the time. So, we just walked around, bought a pin and did some resting in the air conditioning. But then after 30 minutes we left, and messaged her when she told us she'd been on break and then went home early.

But it was okay, we set up another time to meet and then started to head to Main Street so we could find a spot for Main Street Electrical Parade.

105_zpsl76kr84x.jpg

We stopped at the wishing well though to take a picture.

And then we stopped to get a picture on the bridge with the Castle.

I've got a little bit of a rant here too, that I just want to warn about. So, Marie and I are wearing buttons that proclaim our anniversary, so clearly we're a couple.

I mention this because in front of us there is a straight couple. No buttons, nothing special. They take their regular standing picture and then he instructs them to start doing these really cutesy couple poses, with kissing and with like staring at each other, etc.

Then we get up there, he asks about our buttons and he takes these three pictures:

106_zpswmwawtal.jpg

107_zpsrmcttabe.jpg

108_zpse3ilpgw2.jpg

And despite there not being a line, despite him knowing we're a couple because we specifically told him we're celebrating our anniversary, he sends us on our way.

Which really just rubbed me the wrong way, you know? For me it was like, you went above and beyond to create really sweet pictures for the straight couple ahead of us and didn't put in any sort of effort for us. Which was a first for us at Disney.

Like, I don't expect any special treatment by any means and if this guy was like this with everyone I wouldn't have cared. We ran into photopass photographers like that and I was fine with it. I really think the major thing was the sharp contrast between how he treated us and how he'd treated the couple before us.

Anyway, with our pictures taken we tried to find a spot along Main Street since there was a little under an hour to go, but it was already pretty late for that.

109_zpsjwpqlfbz.jpg

So we decided to head up to the Train Station and see if there was anything left.

110_zpsbxvafro8.jpg

111_zpsirwfjqop.jpg

We were second row behind some kids, so it wasn't bad at all. Plus, the view would be a new one for us.

112_zpsiyweguy0.jpg

It got dark really quickly and more people started coming in.

Want to see the highlight from the parade?

113_zpsfmscq7ry.jpg

This was about all I got.

Why?

Because a family comes in behind us and starts pushing to try and get forward to see more. The whole time complaining about how people who have already seen the parade should move so that people who haven't seen the parade can see it.

Excuse me? Listen, I understand you wanting to see the parade, but we paid the same amount to be here. I just used my time to get here earlier and while I get that it's hard to fit everything into a busy schedule, it doesn't give you the right to just try and push your way past people who have been waiting.

I was annoyed but not annoyed enough to fight. I figured, eh, I've seen the parade. I'll catch glimpses of it going up Main Street, I'd rather not be trampled by angry people.

Spoiler alert: it was the only time all trip we got to see it and therefore, the last time I ever saw Main Street Electrical Parade. I suppose it was a fitting end though. I was annoyed the first time I saw it, I was annoyed the last time I saw it. Full circle.

Luckily, a lot of people cleared out after the parade and we were able to move straight up to have a view for Wishes. I didn't take any pictures because we were just about enjoying it, but it was lovely.

I will say though, I'm a fan of being more in the action. The Hub is the place for Wishes in my opinion, because the buildings get in the way and the lights aren't all the way off at the train station.

Once the nighttime spectacular was finished, we went ahead and just relaxed at the train station.

Honestly, we were going to see if it was still running but then it became really clear to us why it couldn't still be running. Still, it was nice to have some space to sit on a bench. Plus, we'd never been up there so I looked around the inside and took some pictures.

114_zps4jtgxslx.jpg

115_zpswhie0psj.jpg

116_zpsv00pwlyx.jpg

It's pretty cool up there, a nice place to relax. At least when the train isn't running, I don't know how much more relaxing it is when the train is going.

At that point, we were both pretty thirsty so I sent Marie to the Tomorrowland Terrace and I went to grab water at Casey's.

117_zpswxpzcegi.jpg

As one might expect, the lines at Casey's at that time of night were pretty insane. However, that's the way it is. It's on Main Street, it's one of the few places left open that's serving food and not like ice cream or something. You're going to have to wait.

This was not good enough for a guy next to me though. No, no, he started throwing a fit about how Americans are slow and Americans are lazy and everything is too expensive and he wants to see a manager.

One thing that stuck out to me about this encounter is the guy wasn't wearing shoes at all. Which was really gross because we were in a food place and if anyone should have been complaining, it should of been everyone else for his lack of footwear.

He did see a manager though and she gave him a free Coke to appease him and send him on his way. I'd have told him he needed to wear shoes and apologized for the long wait but point out that everyone else is waiting too, but I know that in working with the public you pick your battles.

After about 15 minutes, I had our free ice waters and headed over to sit with Marie where I told her about the guy and we both enjoyed getting our refreshments on.

Continued in next post

Day 3, Part 6: "What's better than one Kiss Goodnight?"

Once we'd finished our water, we decided to check what the fastpass availability was like.

118_zpsohsr1p9f.jpg

First snapping a picture of the beautiful nighttime Castle.

Now, for unknown reasons I have no pictures of our next two activities but I swear they happened. Maybe I'll find them later and post them if they got missorted or something.

Anyway, we made a fastpass for Buzz starting at 10:55. At that point it was 10:53 so we walked over and got on. Like usual, I won.

Then we went back to the fastpass machine and made a fastpass for Winnie the Pooh starting at 11:15.

By that point it was around 11:00, so we just started walking over that way and went straight on as well.

Like usual, it was highly enjoyable.

Then, as we'd missed our fastpass for Rapunzel and Tiana earlier in the day, we decided we might as well go check the wait times at Princess Fairytale Hall.

119_zps44cz5fpg.jpg

For some reason I took a picture of this sign and not the posted wait time. Who knows.

What I do know is the wait time said 10 minutes so we hopped into line.

120_zpsfldafgi4.jpg

And I took pictures of all the portraits because I love them.

121_zps1ujilcl6.jpg

122_zpsesx9vuyi.jpg

I doubt the day will come when we'll see Mulan there but she looks good anyway.

123_zpsqrujdftq.jpg

124_zpsigzyrcwm.jpg

125_zps45co9ewd.jpg

And of course the glass slipper.

It did end up being almost 10 minutes before we were led back to meet the ladies of the hour, but they were certainly worth the wait.

In front of us was an older black woman who got so incredibly excited to meet Tiana, like she was almost crying and it was the sweetest thing ever. Representation is so important and scenes like that always remind me of how much so it is.

Like usual, Tiana was a sweetheart and super cute.

126_zpsceldvvwm.jpg

I do not remember what we talked about though.

127_zpsbt8sruqv.jpg

That's okay.

Next we met Rapunzel who asked about our pins.

128_zpsvnkmq9kc.jpg

She was very suspicious of mine.

129_zpskcnrajxy.jpg

But excited for Marie's.

130_zpsu5sl84v5.jpg

Overall, she was also a sweetheart.

Once again, I'm missing photos here which makes me think there was a download problem from the memory maker because we did get in line to meet Aurora and Cindy with no wait.

I'll have to go see if I can re-download those later and post them cause Aurora was surprisingly really on point and super cute.

By the time we'd finished meeting them it was just about park closing so we made our way to the Hub so that we might be able to watch the Kiss Goodnight.

Except, you see, the thing is, we didn't know what the Kiss Goodnight was, just that there was an announcement and Roy Disney was quoted. So, I thought it'd be like an actual clip of Roy Disney talking.

That's not the case guys, it's just the regular announcer guy.

131_zpsgtab12gn.jpg

So we saw the Castle do this and were like, ooh that's cool. Let's wait for the Kiss Goodnight.

And I took some pictures to pass the time.

132_zpsassdhar0.jpg

There is something magical about the Magic Kingdom at night.

134_zpsmdj52ztf.jpg

135_zpswxlk3sgt.jpg

136_zpsljmxtibu.jpg

And fountains at night.

The Kiss Goodnight played two more times before we realized that what we were waiting for we'd already had happen.

At which case I couldn't help but laugh and Marie couldn't help but be extremely unimpressed with me.

We decided to stop for one last picture before calling it a day, now at half past midnight.

137_zpszsdrcyuj.jpg

The plus side was that by having waited so long, the bus lines were practically nonexistent and actually Riverside and French Quarter were sharing buses.

By 1 AM we were back to the room and getting ready for our next big day.

Bonus points for guessing which park we were heading to on day 4.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Very busy, yet fun. In a way actually exhausting. But all over now and falling back into a nice routine again.
I completely understand. I think it's the constant surrounding of people that tires me out because I just feel like I never have time to just like be by myself for a few minutes and unwind. But routines are great, for sure.

I sure would like to!! I think, THINK, maybe I'll head back again in June?
Ooh you're going to be in Disney this June? Did you mention this in your TR. I have to find where I left off, which is harder than I thought it'd be.

I completely understand. I think it's the constant surrounding of people that tires me out because I just feel like I never have time to just like be by myself for a few minutes and unwind. But routines are great, for sure.

Ooh you're going to be in Disney this June? Did you mention this in your TR. I have to find where I left off, which is harder than I thought it'd be.

Well, I need to look at when F&G is. I went to that years ago and wouldn't mind visiting that again. Still just thinking about a next trip at this point. :) Definitely no announcement, but I am going to DLR this March.

And, all my chapter links are now working. ;)

Well, I need to look at when F&G is. I went to that years ago and wouldn't mind visiting that again. Still just thinking about a next trip at this point. :) Definitely no announcement, but I am going to DLR this March.

And, all my chapter links are now working. ;)

It ends on May 29th. I know because Marie and I are trying to see if we can swing getting over there before it finishes despite our plan being to hit Universal first.

Ooh DL is exciting, someday I'll make it.

And good, cause I'm just starting from the first one I definitely don't recognize and making my way down lol.

At one point I was able to update in a timely manner. Those days are gone.

I hear you.

We did, thank you! I hope you did too.

They were.... interesting. :rolleyes1

:P Sure, blame the sleep.

It's my go to place.

That was almost my exact review to Marie.

Great minds.

Maybe it was just a bad day. Also, we're pretty picky about fat so maybe we just have a lower tolerance.

I really don't remember any fat at all.
Hmmm.... I usually won't eat it if there is.
Some, though. But not much.

Who wouldn't want to? It's so cool!

It was a great meal. I think we'd probably go back for lunch though and do the Thanksgiving Feast which is basically the same thing but cheaper.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

I know, it's a good thing I haven't gotten my citizenship yet. They'd have to take it away.

:laughing: Don't tell anyone!

Hey, if I did my house would have a lot nicer stuff.

lol

It's that pure happiness that does it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter