The Solo Trip Which Led to a Vinylmation Addiction!** COMPLETE 4/8

Love your night time shots. They are very pretty. Especially the ones of Main street - they really capture to the festivities of the Christmas season!
Aw thanks! I love looking down Main Street during Christmas!
I think your pictures are great! :thumbsup2 They make me want to be there right now! (I mean, that's normal but still... they're making me want to be there MORE. :laughing:)

Hopefully your dad can get that book!!!
I know, I always want to be in Disney, I am obsessed!!! I will be there in one month!! so excited. I know, i should get him that book for christmas.
Your pics look pretty darn good to me! :thumbsup2
I think I could watch Wishes every single night of the year.
Aw thanks!!:) Me too. it is magical. I just love the music.

After watching Wishes, which was still amazing, but kind of lonely to watch by yourself, I stayed around Main Street to catch the full Celebrate The Music Show. I think the show starts about 10 minutes after Wishes.

So what do I do with spare time?? Photograph of course;)

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

Now Time for Celebrate the Magic. I loved Magic Memories and You so this would have to fill a big void.

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

Verdict: I still liked it but I just feel like TMMY was more visually stunning. I feel like some of the visual elements on this show were simply. I did love how they incorporated more disney movies instead of photopass pics. I loved the Lion King scene, Wreck it Ralph, and Tangled.

I need to see it again not trying to take 5 million photos.

Next up: New Fantasyland at night time!

Rachel Oh my gosh how did I miss all of this???? So sorry for arriving late but I have read through every post and can say your trip thus far sounds wonderful! 2 days of hanging with Emme and Emmebear, BOG lunch (beautiful photos that you took), holiday lights and trees and dining alone at AP! Your adventures show me that I really could do a solo trip and be just fine. (Although you weren't alone the entire time!) :)

I'm subscribed now so I'll be sure to tune in to the rest of your adventures!

After the nighttime entertainment on Magic Kingdom I wanted to go to New Fantasyland to check out Enchanted Tales with Belle before it was too late.

I could never get sick of this sight.

IMG_4136.jpg

On my way I took some more photos. See, I told you, I took more pictures this trip than my 6 day trip in November!! Sorry this is so boring! When you are by yourself you don't have much to talk about.

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

Ok, so when I got to ETWB the line was about 40 minutes. And there was a lot of people in it!!

IMG_4181.jpg

I was in front of the most horrible parent ever. He had 3 kids ages 4-7 give or take a year or two. They were all pretty much the same age though. I think two were twins. Well they were pretty rambunctious and the dad kept telling them they were horrible, shut up, they were going to go home after this...It was pretty sad actually, because these kids were cute and they were just having fun. Sure ,they were climbing all over things but you don't need to yell at them like that.

However, at some times, he was a sweet dad. So I couldn't quite get him. He did say cute things and was nice at times. The two girls were both wearing fur coats with ugg type boots.

We finally got in the little room in the entrance and it was very cute. A little boring, but the details were cute.

IMG_4190.jpg

I liked how they had real fake real looking liquid in this cup.

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Then the entire room is taken into Maurice's workshop.

IMG_4198.jpg

Then you watch the Enchanted mirror. I forgot what they say but I think you are supposed to see Belle?

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

It becomes magical and you can see a garden.

IMG_4202.jpg

Then the opening gets bigger and you are taken into the castle. You can literally walk through the door so that is a cool feature.

So, after I saw this I realized the armoire wasn't working on our time. Her eyes were never out and she never talked to us.

IMG_4204.jpg

They assigned the parts. This is a problem of this show. A lot of people do not want parts. They had to like force people to be parts, and this was crowded! Imagine when it is less busy.

One of the little girls that was behind me was the beast. It was super cute. The dad was finally nice.

I got a seat in the front! Yes!!!

Lumiere is animated and you can see him move and talk. Very cool but hard to photograph.

IMG_4206.jpg

Then Belle comes out and starts the whole storyline. There is people to help you figure out when it is your time. The little girl that was beast had to roar and it was the cutest tiniest quietest roar ever. It was adorable. We all laughed.

I am very excited to see this in April with her new dress. Maybe the armoire will work then.

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

I like this one. Lumiere's face looks funny.

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

Then the story is over and this is what I think is the weirdest. Everyone who was in the story gets their picture taken with Belle while everyone else is still sitting there. So you have to watch 10 people get their picture taken with her and you can't even get a picture. Then she goes out the door and you are allowed to leave.

Did I like it? Yes. Did I think it has flaws? Yes. I didn't like this kind of interactive and I think it is silly that you have to be in the show to take a picture with her.

It was definitely cute and the enchanted door and Lumiere were awesome.

Rachel Oh my gosh how did I miss all of this???? So sorry for arriving late but I have read through every post and can say your trip thus far sounds wonderful! 2 days of hanging with Emme and Emmebear, BOG lunch (beautiful photos that you took), holiday lights and trees and dining alone at AP! Your adventures show me that I really could do a solo trip and be just fine. (Although you weren't alone the entire time!) :)

I'm subscribed now so I'll be sure to tune in to the rest of your adventures!

Brenda! HI! It was nice. Only 28 more days until Emmebear and I see each other again! So stoked!

So I hear there is a dismeet going on in December?? I am going to be there that same time I think (Dec 6th-12th) so count me in!!

Brenda! HI! It was nice. Only 28 more days until Emmebear and I see each other again! So stoked!

So I hear there is a dismeet going on in December?? I am going to be there that same time I think (Dec 6th-12th) so count me in!!

Yay for 28 days! I mean't to ask when you were returning.

YES, December we will be there!! I'm super excited. I'm so glad to see that you are planning to be there as well. I need to get on the Boards more. (I need to work less too.) I'm starting my TR now so I should make a more frequent appearance.

I'm excited to keep following along. :thumbsup2

Your pictures are taking a while to load, so I'm definitely going to have to come back and view them all again.

But, once again, you got some really lovely night time shots. I absolutely love the castle shot with Walt on the front. That is amazing. I've never seen that before.

Okay soooo I had to once again skip your New Fantasyland chapters, but oh my goodness, your other pictures are so beautiful! Why isn't it Christmastime? I mean, I'm super excited for spring and warm weather but CHRISTMAS!!!!

Aww, it stinks that your meal at Artist Point wasn't the greatest. My DH and I had thought about going there because I wanted to try the mushroom soup, and he was enticed buffalo steak. We never included it in our plans. I'd expect a fabulous meal all the time considering the price.

I was wondering what would happen if there weren't volunteers for Enchanted Tales. I still have to see that.

After I got out of Enchanted Tales with Belle EMH kicked in. I believe MK was open until 12, but it could be 1 too!

I wanted to ride the Little Mermaid ride again so I went there next.

This fountain in front of Gaston's is gorgeous!

IMG_4228.jpg

When I got to the LM ride there was a huge group in front of me that was trying to ride. They were so confused when they couldn't ride because they didn't have room keys. Seriously, do people not read that the park is closed and that there is EMH(for guests only). That irks me!

The ride posted a 30 minute wait but it was LITERALLY a walk on! Awesome!!! This time I actually enjoyed it instead of taking thousands of pics.

After the ride I went to take photos of Dumbo. It was dead over in that area too. I could have walked on Dumbo. I was practicing with long exposures and set my camera up on a post because I don't have a tripod. I love these pictures.

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

My favorite one! If only this lady didn't ruin my pic.

IMG_4247.jpg

That was fun! I liked those pictures. I tried to do the same thing on the Tea Cups, but it didn't turn out as well.

I will have to try it again in April.

IMG_4249.jpg

After this I went on the PeopleMover. My fee were hurting so bad. I am worried that they will be super painful in April. I need some great insoles. Anyone have recommendations??

After the peoplemover I wanted to see Monsters Inc. It is such a cute show but I never see it!!

I got in line and there was literally only two other people in line!! I got super scared and freaked out and almost left because I did not want to be called out and made fun of in the show!

Luckily it filled up. I must have joined right when a new show started.

The show was hilarious!!! It was sooo funny!

They made fun of this guy with a wolf shirt (you know those ones where there is always wolves and a moon, t shirt and paintings are typical of this pattern). He was "that guy" and it was funny.

Then they made fun of a mom who had two heads. One head was her kid that was on her lap. The little boy thought it was hilarious!!

Next they zoomed in on two woman who had the SAME exact shirt on!! How weird is that?? It wasn't even a plain shirt, it was like a designed shirt.

After I got out of the show it was starting to drizzle. I didn't really feel like staying because of the drizzle so I decided to leave. I did still want to see Philarmagic but I passed.

On the way out the sky was amazing!! It was sooo weird. It was like a burnt orange. I am not sure how that happened.

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

I went up on the train station to try to get some good views of Main Street and try to steady my camera.

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

I got back to POP and was so exhausted. First i had to show you guys my new purchases. I loveeeee the design on these pjs but they aren't that comfy. Normally I can wear a medium on pajamas but these are a large and they are a little tight. Disney stuff runs pretty small.

IMG_4274.jpg

Look at this pattern. I am in love.

IMG_4275.jpg

Here is my shirt I love. It fits well and is flattering

IMG_4276.jpg

Ahh, what a restful night at POP! Those beds and pillows suck but after a day at MK I can sleep on anything.

Great job on those Dumbo shots - lovely effect and I should imagine very hard to achieve

Love the PJs :)

Yay for 28 days! I mean't to ask when you were returning.

YES, December we will be there!! I'm super excited. I'm so glad to see that you are planning to be there as well. I need to get on the Boards more. (I need to work less too.) I'm starting my TR now so I should make a more frequent appearance.

I'm excited to keep following along. :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh I am so excited about the possibility of meeting everyone! I hope it works out. I basically found out a week ago that our office is probably closing and I will be working out of home. My job is safe though. Our customer sold off lots of their banners! Do you ever go to Albertsons? Thats my customer. They were just sold. So working from home means I get to take more dis breaks!

We will have to plan like one big dis breakfast or something! I am still trying to get Corey sold on the idea of meeting everyone.

Your pictures are taking a while to load, so I'm definitely going to have to come back and view them all again.

But, once again, you got some really lovely night time shots. I absolutely love the castle shot with Walt on the front. That is amazing. I've never seen that before.
Oh no! I Hope I didn't put too many pictures on! I like that Walt picture too. The incorporation of Walt in that show was awesome
Okay soooo I had to once again skip your New Fantasyland chapters, but oh my goodness, your other pictures are so beautiful! Why isn't it Christmastime? I mean, I'm super excited for spring and warm weather but CHRISTMAS!!!!
Lol oh no! I didn't realize that you were avoiding pictures for your trip. I am sorry!:) I saw you a had a trip planned? 73 days or something? Congrats! And your meeting Joni! How fun!!!
Aww, it stinks that your meal at Artist Point wasn't the greatest. My DH and I had thought about going there because I wanted to try the mushroom soup, and he was enticed buffalo steak. We never included it in our plans. I'd expect a fabulous meal all the time considering the price.

I was wondering what would happen if there weren't volunteers for Enchanted Tales. I still have to see that.
Yeah AP wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either. I would just expect a signature to be excellent and it wasn't excellent.
Great job on those Dumbo shots - lovely effect and I should imagine very hard to achieve

Love the PJs :)
Thanks! Those shots were fun! Luckily I found a place to set my camera or else it would have been really hard.

Today was my Epcot Day!

I had a little bit of a late start. I woke up at 8:15 and had to organize my room and pack because I was leaving that night to go to a Mariott on I Drive for my training. I contemplated checking out or not because I didn't have any charges and I know you don't have to check out if you have no room charges.

I decided to check out which turned out to be the smartest decision ever because I found out that Artist Point charged me 4 credits instead of 2!!! I think I already mentioned this but I am bringing it up again. The CM was soo apologetic and I felt bad because I didn't really care. He must have a lot of people get mad at him. That makes me sad. I hate rude people.

So word of wise- if you have credits left check out to make sure you have the right dining credits!

I got to Epcot at 10am which was a little too late for my liking but I was fine with it.

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

The first thing I did was go to here!!!!

IMG_4282.jpg

I was sooo excited to experience the new Test Track.

I am not sure what the wait was but I think it was pretty long.

I went in the single rider line.

IMG_4283.jpg

You pass this car in the single ride line.

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

Here are all the design stations that you pass.

IMG_4286.jpg

My first view was the design part was so STUPID! I thought it was dumb. All you pick is a car shape and color and decide what thing is more important- power, speed, something along those lines.

I come to find out later that the fastpass and single rider line is a shortened version of the real design process. So that makes sense. I feel better about the design process now.

IMG_4288.jpg

I got right in with no wait.

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

You put your card right on this ring.

IMG_4291.jpg

I really liked the sounds and the colors and lights and I felt like the ride was darker than before, which was cool. It felt like it went faster too!

However, the new ride has no point! It was still fun though!

IMG_4294.jpg

I really miss the hidden mickey at the picture spot.

Here was my car.

IMG_4295.jpg

I got a fastpass to ride again. I wanted to go in the regular line to experience the full create your own car but it was too long.

I passed through Mousegear, one of my favorite Disney stores, so I went in to browse!

IMG_4296.jpg

I want this pillow pet!!

IMG_4297.jpg

Next on my agenda was something I have never done before!!

IMG_4298.jpg

I think I waited about 30 minutes for this. Now this design process was cool! You literally design the whole thing from speed to tracks to height. I am not sure if the changes I made actually did anything but it was cool. It told you if you were going too fast or too high and you had to adjust it. Maybe everyones ride is always too high or too fast and you have to fix it. I chose the rollercoaster ride.

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

Then you go into this contraption and you literally are enclosed in this thing and your arms and legs are the only things sticking out. If you are claustrophobic don't go in this. It was worse the Mission Space!!! The ride was cool and intense but I felt like the images of the roller coaster were too cartoon like. I wish they were more realistic.

I almost freaked out on the ride because I almost always put my hands in front of my eyes at big drops on ride because I am scared. This ride you can't because your arms are sticking out. At the drop I wanted to put my hands over my eyes and I couldn't!! I get really anxious then!

All in all it was a cool experience! I can't believe I have never done it before!! Corey would like it but we would have to do the least intense thing.

The sky was turning out to be pretty!

IMG_4302.jpg

I had an important date with myself at Le Cellier next!!!

Yeah, I do have a trip planned now! I am so stinking excited. WOOOOO!

Your Dumbo pictures are INSANE! So amazing!

YAY for Epcot! I can't wait to ride the new Test Track. The design part is only 'ehhh' for me, but the rest of the ride is too much fun to care! Hahahah.

OMG REX PILLOW PET. Amazing.

I'm all caught up! Sorry I got so behind!

I'm so bummed for you about your AP meal not being perfect. ESPECIALLY when it cost you 4 credits!! I like my steak somewhere between medium rare- medium. I like a good amount of pink and I'm okay with a little red, but I don't think I would have liked purple! I teasingly say "Oh just run it through a warm room" because so many places overcook their steaks- but I'll know at AP to order Medium! :thumbsup2

I was also a little sad that I didn't get a picture with Belle when my Daughter did ETWB.

Thanks for the head's up on the Test Track and the design features! It was still being renovated while we were there.

:eek: I don't think I would like my hands to be away from my body if I was in that Sum of All thrills ride!

I had that same problem with some pajamas I bought at WDW while we were there. Their sizing is all over the place. Anyway, I made sure to save the receipt because I didn't try them on in the store. When I got them home, they were too tight AND I found out that the shirt was the right size, but someone had switched out the pants and they were an even smaller size than the shirt. I called the phone number on the receipt and they e-mailed me a label and I dropped them off at the UPS store. The CM on the phone was very friendly and accommodating. About two weeks later I had a pair that fit. I was very happy with the outcome and it didn't cost me anything extra, just a trip to the UPS store which is very close to work. It was nice that I didn't feel like my money was wasted and the pajamas would have just went into the "when I lose some weight" pile in my closet. I am wearing them right now as a matter of fact. Disney jammies make me so happy.

Super cute PJs! :upsidedow Your Dumbo photos with the long exposure are super COOL!! You amaze me!

Glad you found out about your dining credit count - oops!

The two rides you mentioned at Epcot - 1. Test Track: we only did the single rider line so missed out on the whole design thing. I hope it's fun.. and 2. Sum of All Thrills - that is AWESOME. We always design a roller coaster and of course our first try it derails and crashes! Good thing we're not actually in it! What a great concept.

Sooooo for the exciting news... I've not mentioned to anyone but Em... we are booked in December at BWI. No AP or room rates available yet but at least we are booked. We'll be there 12/5-12/12. I hope everything works out and we see you as well. :banana:

Hi :wave2: I just found ur tr tonight n read straight through.OMg what a precious little doll that emme is too cute!!! ooohhh I cant wait to see enchanted tales with Belle,although I don't like her new dress.mmm Le Cellier ,I'm exxcited to hear how that went I LOVE IT!!!

Can't wait to try the new Test Track

We've only done Sum Of All Thrill once and for some reason I was really nervous about trying it (I thought I might get motion sickness) so we designed a way too mild ride that was kind of pointless!

We need to do it again and up the scare factor!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter