The smell of Aulani

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by GatorChris, May 15, 2018.

1. GatorChris

GatorChris Not of This World

When I first walked into Aulani, I could smell it. Don’t know what it was. Like a combination of sunscreen and flowers???? Whatever it was , it smelled distinctly Hawaiian and distinctly Aulani. Even when the doors would open near the pool area, you could smell it coming out.

Anyone know what it is? Or love it as much as I did? It’s as addictive as that smell in Pirates of The Caribbean.

2. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

Are you sure it wasn't the leis they handed out to new arrivals? Those flowers are pretty fragrant.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jodybird511

jodybird511 Mouseketeer

The smell I associate with Aulani is the smell of the spa, which permeates to some degree much of resort

nkereina likes this.
  5. alohamom

alohamom DIS Veteran

I am not sure about the smell at Aulani specifically but I know that one of the things I LOVE about Hawaii are all the lovely fragrant smells of the flowers mingled with the freshness of the tradewinds and ocean air.

I did notice at Aulani that there is an area of plumeria trees over by the lazy river towel hut that is especially fragrant.

6. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Yes! I bought the lotion because it smelled so great!

jodybird511 likes this.
  7. snoodledoo

snoodledoo Loves Jiminy Cricket

Can you only buy it in the spa, or is it also in the gift shop?

8. olafLover

olafLover DIS Veteran

Don't know the answer, but I do know you can go to the shop of the spa if you don't have an appointment (we went back to get those amazing robes)

snoodledoo likes this.
  9. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I did not see it in the gift shop, but as PP mentions, you can just enter the spa and purchase it without an appointment. It's available for sale right at the reception desk of the spa. One day while we were there, the spa set up a table near the lobby to advertise their services and merchandise, and they had the lotions and other body products available for sale right at the table as well.

snoodledoo likes this.
  10. SteveNZ

SteveNZ Earning My Ears

My family and I have been talking about the smell of Aulani ever since our vacation!! I'm guessing it's a pumped-in smell, but whenever we would enter the Waianae Tower from the pool area, you could very strongly smell this wonderful... ultra-clean smell... I really want it in my home!

11. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

One of the perks of being in Waianae tower was coming down to the pool and grounds through the door near the spa and smell that lovely scent every day.