The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

Holy updates Batman!

I usually don't log on during the weekends, and I think I missed half of your trip!

Hope you had some time to catch up. I just wanted it all up there as I left for the next trip.

So I have to admit I've never tried getting to DHS and AK from the TTC. Sounds like that might actually be a good time-saver in the future.

As much as I go through the TTC I never noticed all the signs that there were busses to those parks there. I used to just catch it from the monorail resort or the park but at MK you can't go park to park, you have to catch the bus at the TTC.

Just proves that you learn something new every time.

Your bus driver to TL and DTD sounds awesome. I love it when you get a fun one!

I was in tears it was so funny. He was playing like he had no idea what all the buttons did. If all the busses do that I wonder why they don't use it more?:confused3 Some of them are really needed.

Your next trip is right around the corner, isn't it? I hope it's awesome!

It was an awesome trip. Being in MK on the 40th was great!

Hope you are having a great time. My best friend was work is at AK today with her 3 kids and her niece. It's her first trip and she says she loves it!!!!!

Crowds were low until about Thursday but still not really insane considering Food and Wine, the 5K and the 40th.

A Great time was had. Can't wait to bring you along and share.

Catching up....

:rotfl2:

I LOVE that he did that! What a good sport!!!! :rotfl: It reminds me of the time Anita and Marc had Baylor propose to one of the steps! :laughing:

We tried going that route but really had nothing more than a hairband to offer her. :lmao:

Okay - that is just too hilarious!!!! What perfect TR fodder!! Thank goodness they didn't have to go through everyone's luggage, that would have taken forever. :headache:
Almost as funny as going OFF property in a Disney bus to get around teh half marathon.
When I saw all teh luggage bays open i went like this :eek: but thankfully they just looked around and then shut them again.

Pretty!!! I loved your pics of the Treehouses - they look beautiful. And how fun that the other gal just tagged along with you guys! :thumbsup2
I was just tagging along with Maroo and then Kristin and Maroo knew each other from the disabilities board so when she was "ditched" by ther "roomamates" she hung with us. That was a fun time.

NICE! :woohoo: The treasure hunt looked like a blast!!
It was. Maybe a Dis hunt in the near future?? :confused3

Axe murderer Joel! :lmao: You had me rolling with these updates! How incredibly random that you hung out with a stranger all day.

Glad ChiChi was able to save you though!

it was SOOOO random, but fun in the end. Chi Chi laughed when I told her. It was even more random when he "found " me again after I can back in after meeting ChiChi.:lmao:

Wow! It actually says #1 and #2! :rotfl:
That is what made HAVE to take a picture of it. One of the other girls came out and told me and then i had to go check it out .... withthe camera. :lmao:

Your conference looks like it was a lot of fun. I visited San Antonio when I was in high school and really enjoyed it. I don't remember the river walk being that narrow :eek: (just goes to show you what a high schooler sees and doesn't see! LOL)

The conference is a blast. It is fun when what you do is what most people do for fun. The downside is that you work while they play. Kind of like Disney. Someone had to work every holiday and late night so others can play.

Awesome DIS meet!!!! :thumbsup2

Another highlight of the trip was being kidnapped by Camille.

GREAT shot!
The continous shooting feature is my friend.;)
I hope you are having a fantastic time! Are you planning on being in MK tomorrow after your race? If so, take lots of pics!!! :hyper:

I was, I did and I will share. I will admit that the special ceremony in the morning was the highlight. Most of the day was pretty normal. They actually kept it a bit low key.

I just text you but I guess since your phone is off you won't get it. Hope to "run " into you

Sorry we didn't run into each other, or maybe we did ... then i am sorry.:lmao: That race was really crowded in spots.

We will have to compare notes.

okay.. I'm confused!?! :lmao:

is this thread ONE trip report or ALL of your trip reports!?
Just trying to figure out where to start.. :thumbsup2:lmao:

Don't be too confused.:lmao:

The "Side Effect" was that 2 trips and the annual pass turned into 6. The Table of Contents break each trip down so start at the beginning and catch up when you can. :goodvibes

party: :welcome: party: Gald to have you here.

Pat, so glad you had a great time. I can't wait to read all about it.

Loved your last posts. Did you get to do MNSSHP this time? Loved your pictures from last year.

Pat, so glad you had a great time. I can't wait to read all about it.

Loved your last posts. Did you get to do MNSSHP this time? Loved your pictures from last year.

I did have a great time. I did not do MNSSHP this year. Being there on the 40th was special. Crowded at times but special. :goodvibes

Catching up before I go the airport to go home.

Can't wait to hear about your latest adventure!

Coming up soon. I am on the tail end of this one now just waiting to get home from the conference.

I know next year I will not go back to back with the conference and Disney.

Each one of these events needs plenty of time and plenty of energy. :laughing:

Doing this from my phone.
I am AK waiting for the safari. Apparently there are animals on the tracks. Nothing had moved for a while but I am seeing trucks move now. Other than this there have been no kinks. It is hot but Is supposed to cool down a bit for the run on Sat.

I will do replies when I am not on my phone.
Jambo everyone. Or quaharini not sure how you spell that. Lol

We had the same thing happen to us when we were there. There was a rhino and it took a good 20 minutes before we could get on our truck and another 10 before we moved.

We had the same thing happen to us when we were there. There was a rhino and it took a good 20 minutes before we could get on our truck and another 10 before we moved.

I posted that 9-28 at 3:48. Could you have been somewhere in the same line??? :confused3

A recap of the trips – For the first few I picked a picture that automatically brought me back to that trip. It may not be the best of the most “significant” but for me it defines the trip in my mind.

Oct 09
EPCOTmeandRafiki.jpg

Me and Rafiki The first character picture outside a meal and the beginning of my solo touring and loving it.

Girls Trip NYE- I laugh when I see these every time.

Amyspictures094.jpg

Amyspictures093.jpg

Summer nightastic – sanity trip ot the quest for Bo.

IMG_3461.jpg

Sept 10- The Empty WCC “large soda” almost made it but this reminds me when my son “got Disney”

P9105183.jpg

Oct 10- part 1 – could not just pick one so it was Dismeets , scavenger hunts and of course Joel.

IMG_0298.jpg

11.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Of course being ID ed is always memorable

IMG_0352.jpg

San Antonio was not without a Dismeet

PA095712.jpg

Going back to Disney – an incredible kanagoo surgery, a great picture of my monkey and of course “all the guys”

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

How did the side effect happen? 2 trips turned into 6 and well if I take the amount of an annual pass( I had a 6 or 8 day ticket and upgraded during the first trip and then had some reward points to help pay for it) at regular price and divide it by the number of days I spent in the parks (37) each day cost me 13.22. I think I made the most of the pass. :lmao:

The year since the last trip has been a difficult one. I am reaching that stage where my kids are really grown and since I have been a working mother for most of their lives and been busy, busy, not I am just busy. I have been really exploring what to do with myself once the kids are grown and gone and I guess my Dh has been doing that too. Unfortunately, we did not have the same vision. Things between us were never perfect as they never are, but the differences lately were in opposite directions.
So in addition to preparing to have 2 less people in the house I am actually having 3 less people in the house. Divorce hurts but in reality, having more than 6 months to get used to the idea, it is the best decision for us. At first, I was blindsided ,sort of, but when only one person wants to work on a marriage it does not work.
Enough about that. I am entering Chapter 3. Chapter 1 was my life through college. Chapter 2 was marriage and family. Chapter 3 will deal with Adult children and me ….. only me. I have made a vow to put me up higher on the list.
In addition to family stuff, my friend was having a hard time too. Her mother was declining in health and finally passed in June. She had been experience some chest pains but between moving, her mother, and all that stress she consulted the doctor but finally in Aug they discovered 100% blockage in an artery. How about that for a wake up call?
Add into that some work drama with key people missing from our facility during the summer and some others not pulling their weight make me a crabby patty ( Spongebob/name joke) I did not take time this past summer and it showed. I recently got moved to another facility in our Aquatics Department. At first I was mad. The new place is not a challenge and I felt it was a step backwards. After being there and some real positive reinforcement from my supervisor, the place is growing on me. The problems I expected do not exist and well with another person leaving the old place ( IMO the only other person who knew what they were doing ) it is good. I do not need to deal with that and I can go back to what I had been doing before I landed there which is more teaching.

So there you have it – I am spilling my guts. But all that is done and I am moving forward.
Sorry if it is too TMI. I felt it did shape this report somewhat and putting it here is a bit less painful that talking about it.

Next trip report is up and Eat, Run and Celebrate

I posted that 9-28 at 3:48. Could you have been somewhere in the same line??? :confused3

Nope, we were there on the 26th in the a.m. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

A recap of the trips – For the first few I picked a picture that automatically brought me back to that trip. It may not be the best of the most “significant” but for me it defines the trip in my mind.

Oct 09
EPCOTmeandRafiki.jpg

Me and Rafiki The first character picture outside a meal and the beginning of my solo touring and loving it.

Girls Trip NYE- I laugh when I see these every time.

Amyspictures094.jpg

Amyspictures093.jpg

Summer nightastic – sanity trip ot the quest for Bo.

IMG_3461.jpg

Sept 10- The Empty WCC “large soda” almost made it but this reminds me when my son “got Disney”

P9105183.jpg

Oct 10- part 1 – could not just pick one so it was Dismeets , scavenger hunts and of course Joel.

IMG_0298.jpg

11.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Of course being ID ed is always memorable

IMG_0352.jpg

San Antonio was not without a Dismeet

PA095712.jpg

Going back to Disney – an incredible kanagoo surgery, a great picture of my monkey and of course “all the guys”

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

How did the side effect happen? 2 trips turned into 6 and well if I take the amount of an annual pass( I had a 6 or 8 day ticket and upgraded during the first trip and then had some reward points to help pay for it) at regular price and divide it by the number of days I spent in the parks (37) each day cost me 13.22. I think I made the most of the pass. :lmao:

The year since the last trip has been a difficult one. I am reaching that stage where my kids are really grown and since I have been a working mother for most of their lives and been busy, busy, not I am just busy. I have been really exploring what to do with myself once the kids are grown and gone and I guess my Dh has been doing that too. Unfortunately, we did not have the same vision. Things between us were never perfect as they never are, but the differences lately were in opposite directions.
So in addition to preparing to have 2 less people in the house I am actually having 3 less people in the house. Divorce hurts but in reality, having more than 6 months to get used to the idea, it is the best decision for us. At first, I was blindsided ,sort of, but when only one person wants to work on a marriage it does not work.
Enough about that. I am entering Chapter 3. Chapter 1 was my life through college. Chapter 2 was marriage and family. Chapter 3 will deal with Adult children and me ….. only me. I have made a vow to put me up higher on the list.
In addition to family stuff, my friend was having a hard time too. Her mother was declining in health and finally passed in June. She had been experience some chest pains but between moving, her mother, and all that stress she consulted the doctor but finally in Aug they discovered 100% blockage in an artery. How about that for a wake up call?
Add into that some work drama with key people missing from our facility during the summer and some others not pulling their weight make me a crabby patty ( Spongebob/name joke) I did not take time this past summer and it showed. I recently got moved to another facility in our Aquatics Department. At first I was mad. The new place is not a challenge and I felt it was a step backwards. After being there and some real positive reinforcement from my supervisor, the place is growing on me. The problems I expected do not exist and well with another person leaving the old place ( IMO the only other person who knew what they were doing ) it is good. I do not need to deal with that and I can go back to what I had been doing before I landed there which is more teaching.

So there you have it – I am spilling my guts. But all that is done and I am moving forward.
Sorry if it is too TMI. I felt it did shape this report somewhat and putting it here is a bit less painful that talking about it.

Next trip report is up and Eat, Run and Celebrate

First, I'm sorry to hear about the divorce...it's never easy. :hug:

I love your final thoughts and seeing the pics again.

Nope, we were there on the 26th in the a.m. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Must be some BAAAAADDDDD rhinos then. :lmao::lmao:

First, I'm sorry to hear about the divorce...it's never easy. :hug:

I love your final thoughts and seeing the pics again.

Thanks - In the end I am finding I am happier now than I have been in a long time and I guess that is part of it. I don't have the stress of walking around on eggshells. :confused3

Thanks - over the last 6 months or probably more this has been my escape.

Dis town is so much easier to be in when your own life gets too stressful.

I couldn't agree more! Even when I don't feel up to commenting, I am reading and enjoying everyone's adventures. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter