The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

And that deal is for the Vistana Villages if I remember correctly? I JUST won a date on Skyauction this week and it was $495 with a $300 seasonal fee which came to $795 for 7 nights. That is with taxes INCLUDED. So basically $113/night. If you are going soon there there's probably no seasonal fee.

Ok...so I totally out of left-field made a harmless suggestion to my DH that we should maybe consider squeezing one last bit of fun out of our annual passes (which expire on 12/5) by taking a long weekend trip to WDW 12/1 - 12/4 and pay cash off property. We own DVC. I happened to recall my Mousesavers newsletter sitting in my inbox and lo and behold there was an offer for a room at the Sheraton Vistana Resort...a 1br for $112.

We have just a few hours to pull the trigger as the deal expires tomorrow. So far, everything I've read and seen about the resort looks delightful. We have a car so driving to the resorts isn't a problem at all. I guess I'm just looking for validation that we'll like the place and that it's a decent price. We could also book Cabana Bay over at Universal for $75/night (+ tax and resort fees) but it's much farther away and seems to have fewer amenities?

So...what do you think?

Unless I was actually going to USF I would take a Vistana 1BR over a hotel room at Cabana Bay in a heartbeat. There probably isn't much difference between the prices as Vistana has no resort or parking fees. For a 1BR, check to see if it is a Deluxe or Standard; they are either half of a 2BR lockoff, and the deluxe will give you more space, a bigger kitchen, and a balcony. The smaller 1BR are no slouch either; still have all the kitchen amenities, but a bit more compact. Note that all 1BR units are in the 2 newest sections of the resort.

Access from the resort to the parks is very easy, and in some instances can have you at the park quicker than travelling from the DVC properties.

If you take the offer, pop back after your trip and let us know what you think!

Ok this lurker has a question, please accept my apology for my ignorance. I have seen several posts mentioning sky auction certificates, I have been to the site and noticed that the auction is for a 7 day rental. My party will be travelling in May staying at Animal Kingdom lodge for 3 nights and would love to stay at the Vista resort for 6 nights. Checking in on a Monday? Can this be done using the sky auction certificate? I am truly lost at how this entire sky auction process works. Thank you so much for your time and knowledge.

Gina and others are a better source on exactly how the certs work, but skyauction generally sells full week stays (7 nights) as that is how timeshares generally work. However, considering how good a deal you get through them, certainly consider burning a night. Heck I have a November trip to Vermont booked for a full week, but will only stay 3 of the 7 nights - considering the week is only costing me about $100 plus fees, I don't mind. Nothing wrong with trimming your reservation short or arriving a day late; the reservation is for a week; but let the resort know if you will be arriving a day late so they don't treat it as a no-show.

Note also that the terms of the certificate will require a Friday, Saturday or Sunday checkin day (that is also how Vistana and many other timeshares work). Since you need 6 nights, you could also arrive Monday with a Sunday reservation, burning the first night. The one auction I currently see has very specific date and checkin day requirements, so make sure the dates will work for you! Also note that May dates appear to all have a $300 surcharge (so $495 is actually $795). But even then $132/night for 6 nights in a 2BR luxury villa is pretty darn good!

Gina and others are a better source on exactly how the certs work, but skyauction generally sells full week stays (7 nights) as that is how timeshares generally work. However, considering how good a deal you get through them, certainly consider burning a night. Heck I have a November trip to Vermont booked for a full week, but will only stay 3 of the 7 nights - considering the week is only costing me about $100 plus fees, I don't mind. Nothing wrong with trimming your reservation short or arriving a day late; the reservation is for a week; but let the resort know if you will be arriving a day late so they don't treat it as a no-show.

Note also that the terms of the certificate will require a Friday, Saturday or Sunday checkin day (that is also how Vistana and many other timeshares work). Since you need 6 nights, you could also arrive Monday with a Sunday reservation, burning the first night. The one auction I currently see has very specific date and checkin day requirements, so make sure the dates will work for you! Also note that May dates appear to all have a $300 surcharge (so $495 is actually $795). But even then $132/night for 6 nights in a 2BR luxury villa is pretty darn good!

Thank you so much for replying :). I think it is still a great deal even with us missing out on the 1 day of the rental. I just hope that the resort will not have a problem with me not actually showing up until the Monday. We arrive 5/12/17, check out of AKL 5/15/17, in need of the rental for 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 Thought the more I think of it I could check in as I will already be in Orlando just staying at another hotel..

Actually, you may want to do a late evening or very early morning swap with your advantage of the day overlap. Changing rooms mid-day can eat up the best part of a whole day of fun time. Reception at Vistana is open 24 hours (we have arrived after midnight no problem). You could check out of AKL late evening Sunday (or at OMGo'clock Monday), check into Vistana, and be up at the crack of dawn again to make rope drop... Not sure how aggressive your touring strategy is; but we usually like to maximize our fun time! Actually, making the swap off of prime times can greatly speed things up - no lines at reception.

Your plan sounds perfect actually. Check in during off hours to not waste too much time, I can leave my family at AKL while I check into the hotel late Sunday night. You are so very helpful! Thank you

So we have been at Vistana since Sept 30. It's is a great resort lots of amenities I wish we would have taken advantage of. We spent too much time at the parks. They have done a great job helping everyone prepare for the hurricane! We definitely plan to come back ❤️

I just thought I would add my 2 cents. We were at Sheraton Vistana Resort during Hurricane Matthew. All I can say is Wow!! The resort was awesome. Kept all of the resort guests informed through messages on the phone. We spoke to a gentleman the night the hurricane was supposed to blow in, and they had an "emergency crew of 60" on staff throughout the hurricane. We noticed a couple of downed branches Thursday night and were gone by morning. They had all of their staff pull together to gather garbage bins, tie down chairs and security was constantly driving the resort to ensure everyone and everything was safe. We did not lose power. They closed all restaurants and the marketplace stayed open until 9pm on thursday and then remained closed friday (as well as restaurants). We felt very safe and looked after. I will say one quick thing though, however. It amazed me how many guests were out walking around on Friday and trying to go to the marketplace (our window faced the marketplace). Do people just not pay attention to the warnings and instructions?? If you ever happen to be at this resort during a hurricane, you will feel very safe. Way to go Vistana!!

Hi all,

Great thread :) I've had a good read, and we have actually stayed a few times before, but was hoping for some help on an upcoming stay.

We've booked 2 weeks in a 2BR with a Sunday check-in August 2017. We're ideally looking for newer units, in a quiet area with nice water views. I 'think' I've narrowed it down to either Falls or Fountains Phase 1, as these areas check-in on Sundays, and do not back onto I4 or Vineland.

Also, how soon before check-in should we submit the diamond-lane checkin.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all,

Great thread :) I've had a good read, and we have actually stayed a few times before, but was hoping for some help on an upcoming stay.

We've booked 2 weeks in a 2BR with a Sunday check-in August 2017. We're ideally looking for newer units, in a quiet area with nice water views. I 'think' I've narrowed it down to either Falls or Fountains Phase 1, as these areas check-in on Sundays, and do not back onto I4 or Vineland.

Also, how soon before check-in should we submit the diamond-lane checkin.

Thanks in advance :)

Diamond Lane is generally best sent in about 2 weeks before arrival. Your selections seem fine, just be aware that the Falls villas have single beds in the 2nd bedroom. The Sunday units in Palms would also be very suitable; that section is particularly quiet, but is about a block further from the amenities (why they are quieter). Palms villas are larger than Falls, with the extra floor space given over to the second bedroom for larger beds.

That's great, thank you.

On balance, Palms sound preferable to Falls, except it looks like blocks 7-10 back onto the 535?

Lakes also look good if we can avoid block 6? Are there any differences between Palms, Lakes and Fountains Phase 1 units? I'm thinking this preference order:
  1. Fountains Phase 1 - any
  2. Lakes - any except block 6, although its probably far enough away from the road as to not matter
  3. Palms/Falls probably falls if Palms block 7-10 have risk of road noise

Yes, 7-10 front onto 535 (back faces the pond), however these are Saturday check-in buildings. Sunday buildings in Palms are the 6 buildings furthest from 535. Note that on the resort map (link on post #2) Sunday buildings are in green.

Lakes 6 might be a bit noisy, but it is not facing the roadway. Best way to tell is to look at the resort on Google Earth; it is easy to see the distances from roadways. Lakes is a higher density section like Cascades. These are the two newest phases of the resort and consist of multi-storey buildings (generally 5 floors) with elevators. Palms are 3 storey walk-up buildings, and Falls are all 2 storey.

Thanks again. I didn't realise about the green indicating Sunday check-in only. That makes things quite a bit simpler:
  1. Lakes - buildings 7 or 6 (not 10 as too close to the pool)
  2. Fountains - any area as the green ones don't back onto any major road and all seem to have good water views. Will probably request Phase II as Id rather have the tub in the bedroom.
Anything else worth considering? I plan on adding the above requests to the diamond lane check-in and a general request for quiet rooms on the top floor, away from the major roads. A few years back we were allocated a room in cascades which had a side view of a gas station - we were moved eventually but it was a hassle, and one I'd like to avoid this time :)

We are here now, in Fountains building 35 (checked in on Friday). The weather could not be nicer! :sunny:

Good morning from the Fountains pool :teeth::

14568010_10155119341601416_7505656136719295232_n.jpg

14729365_10155119341596416_8490437442261398797_n.jpg

14610963_10155119341591416_7473891756985438927_n.jpg

14656264_10155119341971416_9214735243394591977_n.jpg

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for a while but our stay is coming up quickly! Thanks for all the valuable information so far! I just got an email from RCI stating that the Cascades pool will be closed during our stay (Saturday Nov 5-12) due to refurbishment. This was the section we were hoping to get but now I'm not sure that's what I should try for with my diamond lane request. We're a big group with 4 rooms booked, 2, 2 bedrooms that sleep 8, 1 larger 1 bedroom and 1 smaller 1 bedroom. There are 9 adults and 5 kids traveling. Some of the adults are seniors. We had been hoping to get everyone in the same section if possible. What would you guys recommend?! Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter