The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

I believe initially it had been $50, but it was around $150+ this time around.
I wonder if this is due to the conversion over to Marriott computer systems? Our last stay at SVR it was $50. $150 is still fine. Some of the Marriott resorts in Orlando hold up to $250. They say it is $50 a day up to five days. Even some resorts with zero onsite services like Kingstown Reef held $100 on our card. He said it was for incidentals, we argued that nothing was open and asked if there was anything we could even charge to the room. The answer was no. So it certainly wasn't for incidentals. I understand the need to take a card and perhaps ping a penny to make sure it is valid in order to cover any damage to the unit which I suspect is incredibly rare.

Question- does anyone have access to the 2022 Maintenance Schedule for the various buildings? I can see the 2021 schedule online but nothing for 2022.

Thank you!!!

Question- does anyone have access to the 2022 Maintenance Schedule for the various buildings? I can see the 2021 schedule online but nothing for 2022.

Thank you!!!
Unfortunately Marriott seems to have a non-communications policy. The maintenance schedule is probably the most up-to-date information on the website and it only covers last year (2021). The last time they issued an Owner Newsletter was in the Spring of 2019. I do miss the 'old days' of Sheraton when you felt like you belonged to a club and were treated with respect and communications. Marriott is the pits.

Can anyone who’s been there recently comment on whether breakfast is back at any of the restaurants on any of the days of the week? We were there the week after Easter and nothing was serving breakfast any days of the week.

I wonder if this is due to the conversion over to Marriott computer systems? Our last stay at SVR it was $50. $150 is still fine. Some of the Marriott resorts in Orlando hold up to $250. They say it is $50 a day up to five days. Even some resorts with zero onsite services like Kingstown Reef held $100 on our card. He said it was for incidentals, we argued that nothing was open and asked if there was anything we could even charge to the room. The answer was no. So it certainly wasn't for incidentals. I understand the need to take a card and perhaps ping a penny to make sure it is valid in order to cover any damage to the unit which I suspect is incredibly rare.
The Mariott Palms have a $250 hold. We love the Sabal Palms, and have stayed there several times. This new Sheraton hold was a shock, since we've stayed there many times before and it was only ever $50. Even after Marriott bough them, the hold was still minimal. Sheraton will use that hold to pay for anything you charge to the room, but we never do.

Forget traveling left out the Sheraton, even with the U turns. The light to get onto I4 takes at least 20 minutes to get through. You're much better off turning right out of the Sheraton or Meadow Creek Rd. onto 535, then turn right onto 536, which becomes Epcot Center Drive once you cross I4.

Can anyone who’s been there recently comment on whether breakfast is back at any of the restaurants on any of the days of the week? We were there the week after Easter and nothing was serving breakfast any days of the week.
Just bumping to see if anyone sees this. We have a trip coming up and are curious. Thanks!

Anyone there now? Hoping everyone fared ok with Ian…..
I went to our owners' dashboard, and it indicates that Ian status is being updated on the resort status page here: https://hub.vacationclub.com/properties/sheraton-vistana-resort/ As can be expected with Marriott's atrocious communications there is absolutely nothing about Ian currently on those pages for the resorts that they indicate are impacted (SVR, SVV, Vistana Beach Club and Vistana PGA Vacation Resort). Kind of par for the course for Marriott - just pretend to communicate.

But check back later on the link above and perhaps they will post something there eventually.

I'm curious to know as well, since we own there. Repairs that are not covered by insurance will be charged back to the owners.

I went to our owners' dashboard, and it indicates that Ian status is being updated on the resort status page here: https://hub.vacationclub.com/properties/sheraton-vistana-resort/ As can be expected with Marriott's atrocious communications there is absolutely nothing about Ian currently on those pages for the resorts that they indicate are impacted (SVR, SVV, Vistana Beach Club and Vistana PGA Vacation Resort). Kind of par for the course for Marriott - just pretend to communicate.

But check back later on the link above and perhaps they will post something there eventually.

I'm curious to know as well, since we own there. Repairs that are not covered by insurance will be charged back to the owners.
Thank you! SVR is our fave. Hope it hung in there as well as could be expected.

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if the Vistana would have a good place to watch the World Series? We get in around 7:30-8 Sat night, hoping to find a pool and bar/grill that would have the game on- we are born and raised Phillies fans!! We usually stay in cascades but I think that bar closes early-ish. Wondering about the Fountains? Or somewhere else on property? Thanks!!

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if the Vistana would have a good place to watch the World Series? We get in around 7:30-8 Sat night, hoping to find a pool and bar/grill that would have the game on- we are born and raised Phillies fans!! We usually stay in cascades but I think that bar closes early-ish. Wondering about the Fountains? Or somewhere else on property? Thanks!!
Your villa will have a TV. As for a restaurant/bar, Zimmies may be the only one open that late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter