The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Are the vaulted ceilings and sky lights ONLY in Fountains? (And is that both Fountains 1 and 2?)
What would be preferred in terms of being close to 1-2 big pools/activity center? Fountains? Cascades? Falls? Or something else? (It'd be a 2 bedroom and we need 2 beds in the 2nd room)

I can confirm that our top floor villas in Fountains, Fountains II, Cascades and Lakes all had skylights. Our top floor villa in Spas did not (and seemed VERY dark in comparison).

All phases have two beds in the 2nd bedroom. The question is whether those beds will be twins or doubles (Falls have twins in the 2nd bedroom, and I believe all or most of the Courts villas are the same).

As far as I am aware, Fountains I just has one floor plan, which is just flip-flopped depending on which side of the building you are on. Fountains II would be the same, one floor plan that just has the "mirror image" on the other side. Each building holds 6 two bedroom units: two on the ground floor, two on the middle floor and two on the top.
Edited - Figured it out. I wasn't sure if you were in Fountains I or Fountains II. I see from your balcony pic that it is Fountains I building 6. That explains the difference in villa layout. Thanks.

Last edited:
I can confirm that our top floor villas in Fountains, Fountains II, Cascades and Lakes all had skylights. Our top floor villa in Spas did not (and seemed VERY dark in comparison).

All phases have two beds in the 2nd bedroom. The question is whether those beds will be twins or doubles (Falls have twins in the 2nd bedroom, and I believe all or most of the Courts villas are the same).
Palms and Springs also have skylights. Looking on Google Earth it also appears that the 3-story buildings in Spas also have skylights, while the more plentiful 2-story buildings do not. Based on construction order of the resort, that makes sense. The first two and a half sections (Courts, Falls, and half Spas) do not, while the later 3-story builds in Spas and the remainder of the resort do.

Palms and Springs also have skylights. Looking on Google Earth it also appears that the 3-story buildings in Spas also have skylights, while the more plentiful 2-story buildings do not. Based on construction order of the resort, that makes sense. The first two and a half sections (Courts, Falls, and half Spas) do not, while the later 3-story builds in Spas and the remainder of the resort do.
Does the presence of a skylight also mean vaulted ceiling?

I think the skylight is similar to exits off the balcony? They don't exist in two story buildings?

Last edited:

Does the presence of a skylight also mean vaulted ceiling?

I think the skylight is similar to exits off the balcony? They don't exist in two story buildings?
AFAIK that is correct. I have not seen any pictures over the years where the skylight comes through a tunnel. I have not stayed in all sections with skylights though.

Also, that is a good assumption about skylights and exits. I am fairly certain that the rear staircase off the balcony on the 3-storey buildings is actually a fire code regulation that is not required on 2-story buildings.

I would also add that the most dramatic vaulted ceilings are in the Courts townhome villas. The living room area actually has a 3-story vault (but no skylight). That ceiling fan is waaaay up there...

I kind of wish that Vistana would take the opportunity to put up some really dramatic artwork on that 2-story blank wall in the vault, but perhaps they feel that would take away from the view out of the giant windows. I do kind of miss the old dramatic full 2 story glass in the living room. In the remodel it was replaced with stacked windows which still lets in a ton of light, but not as dramatic as the old fishbowl windows.

Just wanted to update that there is a new room coordinator for SVR. I received an email back from Kayla within 24hrs that she forwarded my info, and Joshua got back to me within hours. Both were extremely friendly.

Joshua Marsh.
Joshua.Marsh@vacationclub.com

Hope this helps someone!

Also, Cascades pool is supposed to open by end of May (they are resurfacing it and Castaway Bar is closed while pool is closed.) so I didn’t want to take any chances. I requested either Spa or Fountains 1, to be near a main pool and bar/grill. My only other request was lake view, if possible. I have a 12 and 18yr old who will be out and about without my husband and I sometimes. Those sections looked to be closest to a bunch of things.

Does that seem okay? He was very nice. Fingers crossed.🤞

Just wanted to update that there is a new room coordinator for SVR. I received an email back from Kayla within 24hrs that she forwarded my info, and Joshua got back to me within hours. Both were extremely friendly.

Joshua Marsh.

Hope this helps someone!

Also, Cascades pool is supposed to open by end of May (they are resurfacing it and Castaway Bar is closed while pool is closed.) so I didn’t want to take any chances. I requested either Spa or Fountains 1, to be near a main pool and bar/grill. My only other request was lake view, if possible. I have a 12 and 18yr old who will be out and about without my husband and I sometimes. Those sections looked to be closest to a bunch of things.

Thanks for the updated rooms coordinators name!

Pretty much all of the villas have a lake view. Some in Cascades may not, but almost all of the other buildings are in a circle around small lakes. Also, how did you book your stay. Spa was sold as fixed units with a Friday checkin. Fountains has Fri, Sat, or Sun checkin days. So that may impact what section they will be able to place you in.

Thanks for the updated rooms coordinators name!

Pretty much all of the villas have a lake view. Some in Cascades may not, but almost all of the other buildings are in a circle around small lakes. Also, how did you book your stay. Spa was sold as fixed units with a Friday checkin. Fountains has Fri, Sat, or Sun checkin days. So that may impact what section they will be able to place you in.

It is my MIL's timeshare thru RCI - so a points exchange I believe. I have a guest certificate since she will not be with us at check-in. We arrive on a Friday.

We are pretty flexible. It is mainly a relaxing vacation so I just don't want a long haul to a main pool/bar/grill.

Joshua Marsh.

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you for the info!!

Joshua Marsh.

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you Suzanne!

Sorry for an off-topic question, but: does anyone have any tips for finding out who the room coordinator is for another Marriott Vacation Club property? I have a request for a place I'm staying, and would love to get my request directly to the right person.

Thanks.

Hi All - this is a great thread!! I have admittedly not been through it all, so apologies if this question has been answered before.

I have a 2 Bedroom Villa booked for a trip coming up here in a few weeks. When I looked at my reservation, I noticed there is an opportunity for me to upgrade my room. It appears that it is the same 2 Bedroom Villa so I was hoping someone here could help me understand what the upgrade would actually get me.

Thanks in advance!!

Sorry for an off-topic question, but: does anyone have any tips for finding out who the room coordinator is for another Marriott Vacation Club property? I have a request for a place I'm staying, and would love to get my request directly to the right person.

Thanks.
Sadly, Marriott works differently. Often before arrival you will receive a pre-arrival email. These vary by resort. Some resort emails have a webform they link you to in order to provide preferences. Other emails just ask you to reply and some don't offer anything. In most instances just calling the resort and tellking them you want to place a pre-arrival request is enough and they will note the reservation.

We own two Marriott weeks and have stayed at every Marriott Vacation Club resort in Orlando. What resort are you staying at and I may be able to provide some more specific information.

Who did you book through? We booked a stay through a company that works directly with owners. Many Wyndham VIP owners get upgrade benefits. We booked a 2BR but when we checked in we were upgraded to a 3BR because of the owner we rented from had VIP benefits that were passed on through the reservation. This isn't always the case, but there is a chance you could be upgrade to a larger unit when you check in.

We booked direct through Marriott

Sadly, Marriott works differently. Often before arrival you will receive a pre-arrival email. These vary by resort. Some resort emails have a webform they link you to in order to provide preferences. Other emails just ask you to reply and some don't offer anything. In most instances just calling the resort and tellking them you want to place a pre-arrival request is enough and they will note the reservation.

We own two Marriott weeks and have stayed at every Marriott Vacation Club resort in Orlando. What resort are you staying at and I may be able to provide some more specific information.
Oh, I see. I only asked because Joshua has a vacationclub.com email address and Sheraton is part of that group now. I am actually staying down in Palm Beach Shores (Ocean Pointe).

Hi All - this is a great thread!! I have admittedly not been through it all, so apologies if this question has been answered before.

I have a 2 Bedroom Villa booked for a trip coming up here in a few weeks. When I looked at my reservation, I noticed there is an opportunity for me to upgrade my room. It appears that it is the same 2 Bedroom Villa so I was hoping someone here could help me understand what the upgrade would actually get me.

Thanks in advance!!
There isn't much to upgrade TO at Vistana Resort. If you are already in a 2BR villa, that is as big as they get. The villas vary in size a bit between the various sections, but each section also has its cons as well, so one person's upgrade could be another person's downgrade.

The resort does offer added perks on some reservation types - daily housekeeping (suspended for COVID, but may have restarted) or daily breakfast. If you are a park goer I would not recommend the breakfast - slows you down too much if you are wanting to get out to the parks early.

Oh, I see. I only asked because Joshua has a vacationclub.com email address and Sheraton is part of that group now. I am actually staying down in Palm Beach Shores (Ocean Pointe).
Vistana Resort is the only resort in the system that I am aware of that has a dedicated room assignment coordinator where they provide a direct email address for. None of the Marriott properties have done this for at least 10 years. For Ocean Pointe, you should get an email a few weeks ahead of arrival where you can place villa requests. You can also call the resort directly a few weeks out and let them know your villa requests. Keep in mind at Ocean Pointe, you will be given the view type you booked. So if you booked ocean side, that is what you will get. Many people ask not to be placed in Kingfish building because it is separated from the rest of the resort by a white condo building. Some people like this though as the Kingfish pool is much quieter.

There isn't much to upgrade TO at Vistana Resort. If you are already in a 2BR villa, that is as big as they get. The villas vary in size a bit between the various sections, but each section also has its cons as well, so one person's upgrade could be another person's downgrade.

The resort does offer added perks on some reservation types - daily housekeeping (suspended for COVID, but may have restarted) or daily breakfast. If you are a park goer I would not recommend the breakfast - slows you down too much if you are wanting to get out to the parks early.
Thanks! Great info!!

Hi all

Checked in yesterday around 2pm. We waited in a line for a rental car at MCO for 2 hours! Happy to say the check in line of 10 people here went fast and everyone so friendly.

Requested Spa or Fountains 1 to be near an open pool with bar - to Joshua who said he would try. (Cascades pool was closed before.) We ended up with Palms (exact opposite of near a pool!) I kindly asked if we could possibly switch to be closer to a pool. She was so nice. Made a quick call. Asked me if I wanted Fountains or Cascades. I asked her what she would pick and she said Cascades. New pool area and elevators. Room was already ready.

So we are in Cascades 5th floor. Right off the elevator. Beautiful. Love the skylight in the living room. We are one of the buildings furthest from the pool but it is still not a bad walk. Very quiet.

Just updating to say ALL pools and hot tubs are now open until 10pm. Cascades just reopened on 5/28 after new resurfacing.

All pool bars and restaurants are open too. They closed Castaways at 6pm last night though. That seemed early. Bartender said open until 8pm tomorrow but back to 6pm each day after. He said one was opened up later. I am guessing Zimmies maybe? He talked to my husband.

They also have an activities calendar on the tv.

My only issue is how bad cellular is here, but it was that way all over Orlando so far. The WiFi is okay.

If anyone has any questions while we are here, let me know. We will be relaxing a lot and trying out all the pools, pool bars, activists etc.. Only going to Sea World and Aquatica 2 out of 8 days here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter