The Scooter Strikes Back - A F&W 2017 Trip Report - First look at Pandora 1/14

Discussion in 'DVC Trip Reports' started by franandaj, Nov 4, 2017.

1. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

Caught up again!

I love Think Geek! Although our NY store is just a small kiosk in the basement of a Gamestop. I too buy stuff online.

Nice trunk Tetris!

Those onion rings look really good - very light batter!

Ha I didn't realize that! I did notice the Chinese style roast duck hanging though and thought it was cool how it looked like a modern Chinatown.

I've had that before at one of his other Morimoto restaurants and thought it was good but it's a big portion for just two people so think this is a good for group thing.

Mmmm looks delicious!

OMG I do this too. When I sit near a kitchen and I see a dish I order and it's sitting there I get so anxious!!

Dun dun dun....

Yay! So great finally meeting you guys!!
    Can't believe it was so cold! Colder in FL than in Canada, so weird!

RIP Scooter!

That looks delicious! The shrimp look so plump and juicy!

I'm a sucker for pistachio so this looks sooo good!

We discovered that this fall too!

That soup looks crazy good. I never would have ordered a mushroom soup but it looks so creamy and delish.

Aww you must have been so tired!!

2. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

I'm actually okay with that.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

Hahaha :laughing:

5. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

I’m glad you’re not here now, its been in the 30s, going up to the 40s/low 50s the last week with nights 28 and 29... I have not left the house much.

Your lunch looks very yummy! We had ‘small plates’ there a couple years ago and everything was really really good. Can’t say the plates were small though.

Poor poor scooter. And all that work on your part to get it back, whew!

Saralago??? I just mapquested, its 20 minutes from SSR. And doesn’t sound at all the same...

6. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

Goodness, this was colder than it was in the UK for much of October.

Wow. I suppose with the special lunches you would not have room to sample what was on offer at the kiosks.

Oh, I like the look of those.

Looks like what could go wrong went wrong.

Oh dear, this does not inspire confidence. I hope their scooters are in better shape than their customer service skills.

Corinna

7. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

A most excellent sort of breakfast!! One of my faves!

WHOA!

LOL!! That DOES look suspicious!!

Well, that's a bright side!

That's pretty cool!

I'm beginning to think I need to try this place.

This is not a good scenario at all.

Why do I think...no. ?

I first read that as, "I waited to throw up in the dryer."

Looks like this is on the docket. And yes, while I do eat on the light side, I prefer quality over quantity. I need to get a countdown app on my phone.

8. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

OH don't worry, they're gonna make up for it by making you stand in a security line 5 hours long.

Love this one of you 4.

Delicious fraternal twins!!!

And a MORE delicious set of Identical Twins!

I loved those last year! Sadly, none for me this one.

Another set of identical twins. Perfectly slurpable.

OY!! The drama. :sad2:

Good Lord, that looks amazing!! I LOVE mushroom soup.

The lunch looked equally delicious at Spice Road too. Thanks for sharing that. I've never eaten a meal there and would love to someday!

9. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

Finally caught up! Lovely meals, but oh that scooter trouble!

10. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

Ugh. We knew it was coming - but that scooter issue is terrible. It's like your car breaking down on the side of the road - nothing good about it!

On the bright side - the meal looked really good. I admit a couple of those courses don't appeal much to me, so I don't think we will try that one in October. (I really want to try the Tequila lunch.)

11. jedijill

jedijill Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Finally caught up again!

The scooter incident just sounds awful!

All the food looks amazing!

Jill in CO

12. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

But you certainly seem to be able to sneak in between my posts in my updates.... :rolleyes1

I don't care for it. I have my own peanut butter. Natural. Just peanut paste and salt with crunchy peanuts in it. You have to stir it when you want to eat it because it doesn't have all the chemicals that keep it from separating into the oil and peanut solids. She can't have crunchy peanut butter anymore anyways.

And you just reminded me where I can scrape up a few more dollars. Shop Disney parks App has one....

See what I mean?

Well I said you could taste the difference between spoiled fish and good fish!

Not yet. Showed it on the day it rained earlier this week, interviewed a dog, but haven't heard back from anyone.

I don't think you got my inference. :rolleyes1

:sad2:

If this is a euphemism for what I'm thinking, Congrats would not be the word I would use, it would be the one that you missed in the word change on the title of this update. Many phones also have an emogi for this in texting.

Sometimes, I have a really spectacular breakfast!

Pam tells me it's REALLY cold there now!

And little did you know how photoshopped that photo was! Go back and tell me if you can figure out what all I did!

Well that too...

There's only so much foreshadowing one can do....

We love Ice Wine! Back when I was the Canadian rep at Alfred Publishing and they sent me all over the country we took a trip to Victoria. We took the ferry from Seattle to get there and back, but while in Victoria we bought way way way over our allotment of alcohol to bring back into the states. We hid the bottles in boots, and every possible crevase of our luggage. When we went through customs I was feeling very guilty, I'm a horrible liar. They asked me, "Do you have Cuban cigars?" And i was so taken aback that i said "of course not!" and they didn't even think to ask "Do you have twice your allotment of ice wine?"

So the answer would be if some of the wine you and Ruby have sitting around that you won't drink is ice wine we'd live it! Don't buy us any on our account as we rarely drink dessert wine. I just drink table wine and we rarely have special desserts at home with wine. Only with my parents or special guests, which is rare.

You never know. Although it's become so common for Fran and me that she doesn't even flinch anymore. It could be that we are in the parks more than you so we're more likely to be spotted.

And since she was talking under wraps, the thi mg I was afraid of (being misunderstood) was exactly what happened. Hence the guy ended up at the wrong resort.

She offered me one, but I know grape leaves are kind of bitter. I assume it was a rice based sort of filling.

It totally was. I didn't mind that it was the same thing we ate the last year.

Well if you let the skins of the grapes sit in the wine it will become more red, so there you go. The rose doesn't have a lot of skin contact. The red has more skin contact. Now you are edumacated.

Well they are probably made the same way, just different crushed nits in the fillings of each one. Filo can be rolled or stacked in a multitude of ways.

Have you ever worked with Filo? I have done extensive work with Filo (back in college when I had endless time and no money) and it's great, just time consuming.

I think I liked the ones from the regular kiosk better than the F&W kiosk.

I seem to remember that.

No, I think the valets and taxi driver helped.

I noticed it was really stuck while I was pushing it, but it wasn't until we got back to the room that she pointed out how the tread was worn off the wheels. I was still going on adrenaline since we needed the new scooter, plus after all that i really wanted a real drink (meaning my regular vodka martini). I was pretty tired and it's good that all we did that night was watch the movie and eat leftovers.

Evidently it exists. What I meant by not the only thing the operator got wrong while he talked with Fran.

And it was!

::yes:: we kept meaning to watch it so we would understand the land.

[​IMG]

Actually i wasnt at least as far as I remembered.

13. pkondz

It's a skill I have.
    I was on a roll there for a while on another TR. She'd post multiple updates at once. I managed to post in between them (sometimes only a word) several times.

I have to have smooth. And I love all the chemicals! :laughing:

Yes.

See?

Expert. ::yes::

The dog never got back to you? What a bitc..... uh.... That's too bad.

;)

:lmao:

You cloned out someone (or someones) to Fran's right I think. Plus you pasted in the F&W sign. Also.. you put yourselves in the photo. Unless of course you've learned how to levitate. ;)

Hillarious!

Well... maybe you have special guests coming in April?

That's true.

Seriously... thank you.

OMG!!! :eek: They put nits in them????? :faint: :crazy2:

[​IMG]

Hmmm... maybe... once?

I wouldn't know of course... but I do remember liking it a great deal (the regular one.)

Good!

:hug:

And... what did you think of it?
    I will say that the 3D effects are absolutely stunning. More so than any other movie I've seen.
    You lose that on the small screen of course.

ah

Good! :)

14. franandaj

Yay! :banana:

This store in FL was not much bigger than that. Online has the best stuff!

thanks! I do it all the time!

And now I want some Cooke's onion rings for dinner!

I considered ordering the Peking Duck. I don't think I've ever had it and I really want to try it after @DisYoda's reviews of it.

This is the only one of his restaurants I've been to, there must be more on the East Coast.

::yes::

Sometimes I don't like being by the kitchen when this happens, but watching the cooks always wins out for me.

It was fun to meet up, too bad we weren't going in the same direction. We both had our alcohol priorities! :laughing:

Pretty much.

They were! So tasty!

I wasn't a fan of Baklava until a few years ago, but now I love it! All three were really good.

Pretty convenient!

She loves mushroom soups and orders them every time they're on the menu.

Totally wiped out.

You would be! :laughing:

I heard, on the news they said that Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach closed a few days about a week ago.

We ate there once when it opened and ate off the menu. We ended up with about six different dishes between the two of us. We ordered three and were still hungry so we ordered another three.

We couldn't really just leave it in the middle of the park. That would be littering!

I had wondered if it actually existed! But remember she was talking into the phone with her hand over the mouthpiece as she was talking so as to try not to be obvious at the presentation.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  15. pkondz

16. franandaj

I was really surprised. I didn't even bring a jacket along.

That's pretty much what happened, plus with the scooter trouble on this day we didn't get to do any booths that afternoon either.

I'm not a fan of hummus, so I would not enjoy them, but others who like hummus seem to be all over them!

Although I never would have guessed that much was going to go wrong! :faint:

Oh.....stay tuned!

I may have something similar for breakfast tomorrow morning, although this is a vegan version (but I add parmesan cheese)

I'ze got skillz!

I knew @pkondz would give me crap about it so I had to figure out why it was green. :laughing:

Yeah, by now almost half the stuff she bought has sold.

I like open kitchens!

If you like Pan Asian cuisine, it's totally worth it. A little pricey but everything I've had has been really good!

No it wasn't.

I can't imagine.... :rolleyes1

Well that's why we can order two meals between the 4 or 5 of us. There is way way way too much food for one person to eat a full meal. There is a two meal minimum when you order, so when Jill and I went I took home a ton of food. I remember making at least two more meals for Fran and I out of the leftovers. I think I made crab and shrimp cakes out of the seafood that was left, and then country style hash browned potatoes with the andouille tossed in for flavor. Next night I think we had potato skins and corn cobbettes. It's a LOT of food, and good food!

Pretty much.

Thanks!

Lots of those going around!

See!

I'm not a chickpea fan, so not my cup of tea.

I could have used less drama.

She said it was really good. I will remember this for a snack in the future, especially if I want a drinkie-poo.

The small plates are really nice because you can order a few and if you're still hungry you can order one or two more.

17. franandaj

Yes, it was a pain in the butt. I'm just glad that we did have such great meals inbetween the trouble.

And we can't even call AAA. :sad2:

Since it's been the same meal for the past two years, it could be the same again. The Tequila lunch is different every year, and as you know the French one changes every week.

Pretty much the gist of it. Good food, bad scooter.

Well I have another update ready to go, but I want to put in some IRL stuff. I'm torn whether or not to quote this post in case I get around to it tonight, but I probably won't based on the IRL stuff.

:crazy2:

He was not a bitc...

Actually there was a family blocking the sign, I stood there for a few minutes waiting for them to move, but the PP photographer just kept having them do pose after pose after pose. I remembered you saying something about the more pictures you take the better your choices for when you want to edit. When they finally left, I got a clean shot of the middle of the sign, but stupid people were walking in the perimeter of the shot. This was the picture I ended up coming up with and was proud of myself except for the little "jog" in the planter box.

[​IMG]

When I showed it to Fran she said, "Why don't you just put us in the picture?" So I learned how to "cut" an image out of another picture (the one at the end of the International Gateway that @chunkymonkey took of us) and put it in another image. Then I couldn't resist using the same image on the train at Pike's Peak.

Yeah but we're drinking Bloody Caesar's and then going to the restaurant. We could bring the Ice Wine and pay corkage to have it with dessert! :idea:

Can't you tell that by this time I switched to answering this post from my computer to answering it from my phone in bed with a glass of wine? Multiple typos....Never even heard of a "nit".

I like the regular one. Fran likes the Grand Marnier one.

It was a good movie, not spectacular, but we were entertained. The screen on the TV was so small and we didn't have it in 3D. Our TV at home is so much bigger, TV at Disney is anticlimactic.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    chunkymonkey likes this.
  18. pkondz

Excuse me?
    I was very concerned for your health.
    "Green? Perhaps it sat out too long. Might be moldy."

I am a very caring person.

um... are you buying this?

I'll see if I can post in the middle of it for ya.

Well, of course not. Actually, bitcoins aren't physically real.

That is what you meant, isn't it?

Hmmm... your formatting is right, but there's no photo.

::yes:: :laughing:

Sure!! I don't know if one bottle would be enough? They're not very big. Example below:

[​IMG]

:laughing:

Well, you know a nit.... well, I'm half of that. More a nitwit.

Yeah, the 3D in that movie really adds to it.
    It's definitely one that should be seen in a theatre.

19. franandaj

Look now.

You said it not me! :rolleyes1

They're usually half bottles, but at the prices you don't need a lot!

OK going to pick up dinner now, so no update until later, now maybe Sunday.

20. pkondz

Got it!

I was going to say I'm a wit.
    But I'm also only half of that.

Would you think that would be the only wine imbibed? After dinner? Or during?
    If "only" and "during", I should maybe bring two?

got it!

21. franandaj

In my opinion, Ice Wine should only be drank with dessert. It's much too sweet for drinking with dinner. I will drink Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc with dinner and if we have dessert they will charge us somewhere between $15-25 per bottle of wine to open it. I think after dinner we will all want to go home rather than back to my house for a dessert. Although on Friday night at the Melting Pot, we will definitely have dessert because it's pretty much included. Maybe we might want two bottles. Fran doesn't drink much but between you Liesa and I we might want more....