The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Yes, those lemons! :lmao: The critters are bad right now. They are enjoying our avocados as well.

In my defense, it was 3 lemons. And you were there. :p

At least now that my trees are bare I won't have to wonder which ones are from this year or last year when the new crop comes in!

My dd loves the Clamato juice she always gets some when we go to visit my in-laws in Montreal. She says it tastes like spaghetti sauce lol.

We generally start our day with a glass of V8, but I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the Clamato part. And I love linguine and clam sauce.

What fun meets!

Was that a tiki bar in your yard?

You always manage to get so much done at the parks!

Yes, I have a Tiki bar in the backyard! That was one of the (many) things that sold me on this house we live in!

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! No wonder you needed a nap!

Jill in CO

::yes:: And as Jenny said, we'll probably need a nap after this weekend!

I have a feeling are all going to need naps on Sunday! party:

I'll put on a robe to say goodbye to Jill and crawl back into bed!

:laughing:

It's not like I'm Dr. Evil....

Are you sure???

It is quite entertaining, but you can tell it's written by a woman because there are a lot of strong and prominent female characters.

I've read a few books by John Varley (sci-fi writer... male sci-fi writer) and he has a series where most if not all of the strongest characters are women. I kinda like that, actually.

My favorite is their son though, he provides much comic relief in his childhood and is rather a mischievous knight in shining armor as an adult.

:)

No just learned.

Well golllleee! I is schmart!

I'll go back with you!

Hmmm... I wonder if this might be doable. Does it end at the end of January?

Can you imagine the size of the crate to hold it?

Yup. Just a bit bigger than the wall. ;)

I'm pretty sure they were but his tomb was dug in haste since he was so young. Most Pharaohs had their tombs constructed during their lifetimes.

Of course. Still... I can't imagine spending my life preparing for my death.

No that's only the first one, that you said here at least.

I meant "out loud". I said it a lot.

No they weren't but they should have known better. Ask Kay about trumpet players.

:laughing: Okay.

And I'm sure they would get it all on security cam!

Note to self. Disable security cams first.
Thanks for the tip!

Because of the books, I became familiar with a lot of the terms in this exhibit, but seeing the things really put it all together. Kind of makes me want to re-listen to the books again since I would have a better understanding of the stuff, and while listening to the last couple books, I even started googling the geography as well to know the where Cairo was vs Luxor, etc.

::yes::
I love doing that. I read something about an interesting place and... "where is that?"

Someone opening and closing your jaw to eat makes you hungry? :confused3

No. Eating does.

I find it odd how different these Ancient people were from us in general.

Did not know that.

Beard on King Tut's Mask Snapped Off

I think they're nasty! Huge BUGS that roll s*** around!

So not your favourite thing.

I was more channeling my inner Steve Martin.

Ah! :) That works too.

Well they couldn't be the one who "found the step."

It was good, but I could have made it in regular pot just as well.

Gotcha.

I mostly only like guac with chips and a margarita.

I get that. That'd probably be me, too.
And yet... I prefer queso to guac, so...

No, me and Jill weren't supposed to get anything that first day over x amount of $'s until we bought those little tab lanyards. We wanted to eat and not go hunting for the lanyards, so we pretended that we didn't go there.

Oh!

:lmao:

You should come visit next year!

When?

Moscow Mules are becoming my next favorite drink after my Gibson!

Oh really! I'm not a huge ginger beer fan, so… Maybe? I guess I'll have to try one. :)

I bet they have fun coming up with these.

See and I took that picture to show how perfectly it was cooked.

Ah! Maybe the photo looked rarer than I thought?

Now I’m not sure about you, but to me adding clam juice to a beverage sounds like, well… :crazy2:

Oh, ye of little faith.

However he insisted that it was a very tasty drink and told me I should try it. And when he visited in March of 2017 he brought me all the ingredients to make it, minus the vodka.

I brought the vodka... then did something stupid and never gave it to you!

In fact I told him, “Honestly, if you want me to try this drink you’re going to have to make it for me and put it in my hand.”

::yes:: Yep. Pretty much word for word.

Surprisingly enough I enjoyed the drink and it wasn't fishy at all!

See??????

It was a fun evening eating good food with our hands and getting all messy!

::yes:: Really enjoyed that. But..

Unfortunately Fran was not feeling up to joining us for dinner.

… I missed her. I really feel like I haven't had a good chance to get to know her. I was just getting to know her a bit when we dined on my (and Kay's) previous visit.
And I don't know if I said two words to her the next night.

I really need to rectify this. :(

We got the minimum of two dinners between the four of us and it was plenty, in fact there were leftovers.

We tried, but... we just couldn't do it. I remember at the end we were all kinda sitting there picking listlessly at what was left.

We also saved some room for "The Famous" Strawberry Rhubarb "Home Style" Cake-in-a-Pan, yummy!

we ended up with a pool view.

x18DL0413GC01.jpg

How can you tell???

I just love the rooms here!

Beautiful room!

When we got home from dinner, we found these little treats in our room.

Nice! :)

Fran wasn't feeling well so I let her rest in the room.

Sorry to hear that.

RSR selfie!

Kari says we won the race, I can never tell!

Why not?

And my favorite snowman who likes warm hugs.

Wait... I thought I was your favourite snowman?

Next we popped over to the Jungle Cruise. This was a nice change of pace for me since I don’t normally ride it. Our skipper was a sassy young gal with a wicked sense of humor.

Glad you had a good skipper. Makes all the difference. :)
Why do you usually skip it?

Next time I ride the Jungle cruise, I need to write down the jokes right after we get off the ride because I never can remember them!

I tell myself "Oh! Gotta remember that one."

Yeah... right.

But you all know what this is!

I do believe it is an image taken from the opposite side of a cascade of water flowing over a precipice.

And then I had my last ride on Pirates with the real redhead. I guess change is inevitable.

<sigh>
Sad to see her go... but it appears as though they made a not too disagreeable change there.
I'll hold judgement until I see for myself.

we stopped at the Harbour Galley to get a tuna sandwich and a lobster roll.

I recently had my first (finally!) lobster roll. Yum!!!

Then it was time to ride the Haunted Mansion.

What's that you say? Best ride in the park? Why, yes! I agree with you!

I’m amazed that I got this shot!

You got some really good shots, but... that's about the best I've seen of that. :)

No matter how hard I try, this is about the best that I can do for the Hatbox ghost.

Tough one.

And same for the caretaker….

That one I've got. I got stalled right in front of him for a while, so I broke the rules and used a flash. (Don't tell anyone. ;))

I stopped at the little red wagon and got a corn dog

<sigh> Some day.

I wasn’t really able to sleep, but I did take a bath and lay down for about 3 hours which gave me more energy.

:hug:

My only complaint is that with the projections on the Castle and the fireworks themselves you don’t know where to look. It’s a constant back and forth and you feel like you’re missing something wherever you look!

Interesting observation. I hadn't thought of that.

she was feeling a little bit better.

:) Good!

and this folks, is one of my favorite parts of DVC.

x18DL0415DLR03.jpg

:laughing: I bet!

Hail, hail, the gang's all there!! Look at the Squad!

It was a fun evening eating good food with our hands and getting all messy!

It was!!! I proudly wore most of my dinner home despite the bib.

Just gorgeous!

Our skipper was a sassy young gal with a wicked sense of humor.

I love when I get a good skipper. Makes all the difference.

Next time I ride the Jungle cruise, I need to write down the jokes right after we get off the ride because I never can remember them!

And here I wrote them down, and then.... forgot to put them in my TR! :sad2: :rotfl2:

And then I had my last ride on Pirates with the real redhead.

:sad:

At this point we were feeling a little peckish so we stopped at the Harbour Galley to get a tuna sandwich and a lobster roll.

I had the lobster roll in the past, and thought... meh. Not sure I'd get another over the sandwich.
Yeah, the lemons you stole from my tree! :rotfl2: And now all my lemons are gone. I think a critter picked them. :sad:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Hmmm... I wonder if this might be doable. Does it end at the end of January?

I believe that it's January 12. Nope, just checked the posted, January 6.

Of course. Still... I can't imagine spending my life preparing for my death.

Things were very different back then. Can you imagine ruling an Ancient Empire?

I meant "out loud". I said it a lot.

Ahh, I couldn't hear you.

I love doing that. I read something about an interesting place and... "where is that?"

I've just recently started doing that.

Beard on King Tut's Mask Snapped Off

Interesting, almost as stupid as the trumpet player who shoved his mouthpiece into the ancient instrument.

So not your favourite thing.

NO. Not. at. all.

I get that. That'd probably be me, too.
And yet... I prefer queso to guac, so...

I do too, but I kinda like both to be on the table so I have a choice.

Whenever! :confused3

Oh really! I'm not a huge ginger beer fan, so… Maybe? I guess I'll have to try one. :)

Not sure I've had Ginger beer by itself, but I'm becoming fond of these.

Ah! Maybe the photo looked rarer than I thought?

Well I also like my meat still mooing.

I brought the vodka... then did something stupid and never gave it to you!

… I missed her. I really feel like I haven't had a good chance to get to know her. I was just getting to know her a bit when we dined on my (and Kay's) previous visit.
And I don't know if I said two words to her the next night.

I really need to rectify this. :(

Well then you need to come back and we'll hang out!

We tried, but... we just couldn't do it. I remember at the end we were all kinda sitting there picking listlessly at what was left.

It is a lot of food.

How can you tell???

Cause I know the hotel layout and which room numbers have what views. You can see a tiny bit of the pool peeking through the trees.

The angle of track makes it hard for me to figure out which one is ahead.

Wait... I thought I was your favourite snowman?

Glad you had a good skipper. Makes all the difference. :)
Why do you usually skip it?

I seem to mostly ride rides that have FP. :rolleyes1

I tell myself "Oh! Gotta remember that one."

Yeah... right.

:sad2:

I do believe it is an image taken from the opposite side of a cascade of water flowing over a precipice.

Very accurate description!

<sigh>
Sad to see her go... but it appears as though they made a not too disagreeable change there.
I'll hold judgement until I see for myself.

I don't like it at all. They changed the figure's face and hair, and now she's on the pirate's team. She isn't nearly as pretty now. And she has bangs.

I recently had my first (finally!) lobster roll. Yum!!!

I wouldn't say this one is the best, but at the time it was better than a burger.

What's that you say? Best ride in the park? Why, yes! I agree with you!

Yeah, I'll give you that. When it's not got the NBC layover.

You got some really good shots, but... that's about the best I've seen of that. :)

Thanks, :blush:

That one I've got. I got stalled right in front of him for a while, so I broke the rules and used a flash. (Don't tell anyone. ;))

I got the same one with Jack in that same place, but I didn't use a flash. :teeth:

Interesting observation. I hadn't thought of that.

I had better luck watching it last night and got more of the correlation between the projections and fireworks.

Hail, hail, the gang's all there!! Look at the Squad!

I get the "Hail, hail the gang's all there!" reference, but not the part about the squad.

It was!!! I proudly wore most of my dinner home despite the bib.

I don't doubt it! There is a very specific stance you need to take so as not to drop the butter on you, and if you're not well practiced, you may end up wearing it.

And here I wrote them down, and then.... forgot to put them in my TR! :sad2: :rotfl2:

I can totally see that happening.

I had the lobster roll in the past, and thought... meh. Not sure I'd get another over the sandwich.

It wasn't the best one I've ever had, but it wasn't bad.

But the question is...

Who's squad is it????

I still don't get this whole squad thing. We're not on the police force. :confused3

Well, geez. I kinda thought you enjoyed us as much as we enjoy you. ;) You're in, or you're not. LOL!

So now I'm like....what??????? :confused3

Squad is simply a slang term for a group of people who hang out together, enjoy each other's company, etc.... Like you you know... my tribe, club, friends.

"Squad. This word is used to refer to your clique or group of friends. You may have even heard people saying "squad goals" which refers to a level of friendship you want to achieve."

Sorry for the confusion. ;) I've been hearing it from my teens for a while and thought it was a common term now. :)

Squad is simply a slang term for a group of people who hang out together, enjoy each other's company, etc.... Like you you know... my tribe, club, friends.

"Squad. This word is used to refer to your clique or group of friends. You may have even heard people saying "squad goals" which refers to a level of friendship you want to achieve."

Sorry for the confusion. ;) I've been hearing it from my teens for a while and thought it was a common term now. :)

I don't really know any teens, but I preferred my reference, "the band is back together again." Although I don't remember which movie that was from, but here it comes......

April 16

Liesa, pkondz and Kari all met up relatively early in the park and ate Dole Whips for breakfast. Liesa and I were texting, and around 10AM Fran was ready to get on our way to Disney and drop me off when Fran had a sinking feeling that we should really be getting an oil change. I had been checking the oil for the past couple days (or so I thought I was), but in actuality I was checking the transmission fluid. Which was plenty full, the oil, not so much. So it was a good thing we checked.

While waiting our turn at the oil shop, a tenant called and had locked herself out of her apartment. Since I was on my way to the park, I had my “park purse” (think small with only ID, pass, credit card, camera, and ibuprofen inside). My “keys to all the apartments” were in my “big purse” which I had left on the purse pedestal at home, so we had to go back there, get the keys, let her in and then finally I was on my way. I think by this time it was close to noon when I got there.

Evidently Liesa was spilling churros all over her shirt so it took them a little bit to meet up with me in New Orleans square. Everyone had expressed an interest in riding the train. Mostly for the Grand Canyon / Primeval World diorama portion of the trip. Sorry no pictures, you need a good DSLR with a wide lens to capture it since flash photography is not allowed, and I know I’ve shown you pictures in the past. We exited the train at Main Street which was fairly close to the Plaza Inn where we had given in to Liesa’s demand for a redo on last year’s lunch where she did not have the fried chicken. I was very sad to see that the Cobb Salad had been removed from the menu.

x18DL0416DLR01.jpg

They did have this fun cake in honor of Pixar Fest. The yellow part is lemon flavored, the blue segment is blue raspberry, and the bottom is red velvet. We didn't get it on this day but Fran and I had it a little over a week ago when we ate at the Plaza Inn when we were out there to get the newest Dooney purse, Winnie the Pooh.

x18DL0416DLR02.jpg

We did get two Chicken Dinners to split amongst the four of us.

x18DL0416DLR03.jpg

Super yummy!

After that we decided to ride Indiana Jones, which then caused us to hustle our bustles over to the Hyperion Theater for what I believe was the 3PM show of Frozen. Again, no big camera so no pictures. But we did ride Guardians after the show (sans Kari, she chose to do RSR twice).

x18DL0416DLR04.jpg

We joined her for her second spin on RSR and evidently she had won every race over the weekend, but we ruined her winning streak this time.

x18DL0416DLR05.jpg

By this time we were tired and hungry and ready for some grub. We all agreed on an order of hot dogs covered in puff pastry.

x18DL0416DLR06.jpg

We also picked the Korean Beef Tacos.

x18DL0416DLR07.jpg

I was dubious about this flatbread, as there was some ingredient on top that I wasn't fond of.

x18DL0416DLR08.jpg

We had plenty of drinks!

x18DL0416DLR09.jpg

Proof that we were all there...

x18DL0416DLR10.jpg

Shortly after this picture was taken Kari had to leave for the airport as she was continuing her Disney time at WDW.

The rest of us hung out for a while longer before we headed out to PTN. Again no big camera so no pictures, but don't worry, next update will have more pictures of the parade than you'll want to see!

but in actuality I was checking the transmission fluid. Which was plenty full, the oil, not so much. So it was a good thing we checked.

EEK!! Good thing indeed!

Evidently Liesa was spilling churros all over her shirt so it took them a little bit to meet up with me in New Orleans square.

Hey!

Okay, fine. Spilling food all over my shirt is a well-honed talent. I do it well.

We exited the train at Main Street which was fairly close to the Plaza Inn where we had given in to Liesa’s demand for a redo on last year’s lunch where she did not have the fried chicken.

Demand?

I"m pretty sure all I had to do was say pretty please. ;)

Well, I may have arm twisted, but only a little.

I was very sad to see that the Cobb Salad had been removed from the menu.

I'm getting my Cobb fix in October!

And it was just right!

My favorite of the lot.

Band, Gang, Squad, Tribe. Whatevs.... we're all there and all had a great time!

I believe that it's January 12. Nope, just checked the posted, January 6.

Hmmmm.... I think that would be very tough. Lemme think on it.

Things were very different back then. Can you imagine ruling an Ancient Empire?

Absolutely!
I see myself as a semi-benevolent despot.

Ahh, I couldn't hear you.

Sorry!
Next time I'll put my hands up to my lips in the shape of a megaphone and face south-west.

Interesting, almost as stupid as the trumpet player who shoved his mouthpiece into the ancient instrument.

Whenever! :confused3

Okay! Okay!

Well I also like my meat still mooing.

Ah. Not I. I'll eat it, but I like just a bit more doneness than blue-rare.

Well then you need to come back and we'll hang out!

::yes:: I'd really like that.

Cause I know the hotel layout and which room numbers have what views. You can see a tiny bit of the pool peeking through the trees.

I know. Was just teasing you.

The angle of track makes it hard for me to figure out which one is ahead.

In that case...

We totally won.

I seem to mostly ride rides that have FP. :rolleyes1

So, JC in DL does not have FP? It does in WDW.

Very accurate description!

I always strive to be completely acurite.

I don't like it at all. They changed the figure's face and hair, and now she's on the pirate's team. She isn't nearly as pretty now. And she has bangs.

:( oh.
That's not so good then.
I knew she was on the pirate's team and I could live with that... but... they completely changed her too?

Bad form, Disney.

Yeah, I'll give you that. When it's not got the NBC layover.

Gotcha.

I got the same one with Jack in that same place, but I didn't use a flash. :teeth:

So... this just proves I'm more of a rebel than you are.

Or more of a jerk.

Take your pick.

Liesa, pkondz and Kari all met up relatively early in the park and ate Dole Whips for breakfast.

As it should be.

I had been checking the oil for the past couple days (or so I thought I was), but in actuality I was checking the transmission fluid. Which was plenty full, the oil, not so much.

:rolleyes2

Whoops!

So it was a good thing we checked.

"we" checked? Or the attendant checked and told you "Ya gots no oil!"

my “big purse” which I had left on the purse pedestal at home,

I usually put people on a pedestal (well... mostly women). You do a purse! Huh.

I think by this time it was close to noon when I got there.

About that I think.

Evidently Liesa was spilling churros all over her shirt so it took them a little bit to meet up with me in New Orleans square.

Everyone had expressed an interest in riding the train. Mostly for the Grand Canyon / Primeval World diorama portion of the trip.

the Plaza Inn where we had given in to Liesa’s demand for a redo on last year’s lunch

She was really adamant about that. No one wanted it, but...

Oh, well. What are you gonna do.

;)

where she did not have the fried chicken.

How? How could you do that????

They did have this fun cake in honor of Pixar Fest.

I remember that!

We didn't get it on this day but Fran and I had it a little over a week ago when we ate at the Plaza Inn when we were out there to get the newest Dooney purse, Winnie the Pooh.

How was it? It doesn't look like it'd be that great. I could be wrong.

And it was enough. I wasn't positive it would be... but it was just right.

We joined her for her second spin on RSR and evidently she had won every race over the weekend, but we ruined her winning streak this time.

Well sure! You were in the driver's seat and sleeping!

So.... I'm curious. Did you get those photos off the numbers on my TR? Or had you written them down?

We all agreed on an order of hot dogs covered in puff pastry.

Well, sure. This time there was no adolescent stealing them all.

We also picked the Korean Beef Tacos.

Seem to recall those were good.

I was dubious about this flatbread, as there was some ingredient on top that I wasn't fond of.

Can't stand melted cheese, huh?

:rolleyes1

We had plenty of drinks!

:laughing: That shot makes us look like lushes!

Proof that we were all there...

Nah. Cardboard cutouts. Obviously.

We moved on to the Cluck a Doodle Moo Kiosk.

That wins for best name.

It was cooked fairly rare.

I don't think that even made it into the oven!:eek:

I got her to agree that next year we will use up the first card before purchasing a second one! :laughing:

Still, you got a lot of food!

Same as a bloody Mary, but using Clamato instead of Tomato Juice. Now I’m not sure about you, but to me adding clam juice to a beverage sounds like, well… :crazy2:

No, really, it sounds wonderful.
G8QuZfHruSzsmH3pRz5cWHmthfvKa73YvLtsBCSeUTpKH5Wxa7VKQLq9nNnbhxshQMXB1ceobC0tSOTMdNEMegTA3y-Sn_uXh-zVqK9Okz3S-YVxF9bNgQ_rsGB6C3NI__uSluIhaVZwIEO791wG1lwlza8V3E5g7kwgBaaphDqEGpXt_k4IcwmQmh5fOvJBiChW2XqQJU8cRp26xW7XVS7T5j_1iRIAwvL5T70evBazqTg2hX4stU8pmoZWTyB82ae-eqbGkU-ZkBvYRQRAZp8H7MlYH2I2h8LBAnsEtMHP9RYOHdPXhdmymnV-hiYIBOi-vQDmpckS-bx4Gy2x8x5YEr_MwuqNfbo4drhKclJcSmE97yscZTT1gPVgwWtGgMj3R4FeZCPYT0jkKBgTkotVqUujUfq-yVv8oc3kKdQxtMn1FBJI2A6c1fl7pt4Q3Lko4hnIUgUtabm_u30u9bMnZbRBW9GMqWidMcUOV4ogfrBIvUWWzhprdgxtK_9ZZRAv4KX0NyMpggtAzsKsNXz9mqXOx1x5PHvrX_eSy20GLAcXorU3zJZMdVHg0UAp9A04xeEbTSsQP4QRKh2n0vn9Z-8UT3W5yeybeP8=w66-h34-no

“Honestly, if you want me to try this drink you’re going to have to make it for me and put it in my hand.”

Even then, it's 50/50.

Surprisingly enough I enjoyed the drink and it wasn't fishy at all!

Well, I'm glad to hear it!

Well it turns out I lost the gamble, but I still came out a winner because I had a weekend at the VGC booked on banked points. That meant that I couldn't cancel the reservation or I'd lose the points, so bummer, I had to spend the weekend at the Grand Californian!

Gosh darn it all!

Kari and I met around 10AM and our first ride was RSR.

Wait, are you allowed to do that? It's not Guardians. :p

Our skipper was a sassy young gal with a wicked sense of humor.

Always a good thing!

I need to write down the jokes right after we get off the ride because I never can remember them!

See those elephants? You might think that's water coming out of their trunks, but it's snot.

There she is, in all her beauty.

:sad1:

I’m amazed that I got this shot!

Yes, nice work!

We were out of there by 10:20AM, and this folks, is one of my favorite parts of DVC.

I can see where that would not get old.

Liesa, pkondz and Kari all met up relatively early in the park and ate Dole Whips for breakfast.

Breakfast of champions!

I had been checking the oil for the past couple days (or so I thought I was), but in actuality I was checking the transmission fluid. Which was plenty full, the oil, not so much. So it was a good thing we checked.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I miss that meal. That was good stuff.

After that we decided to ride Indiana Jones

:sad1::sad1:

But we did ride Guardians after the show (sans Kari, she chose to do RSR twice).

THERE it is.

Nice updates Alison!

My hubby was over my shoulder looking at the pics also and loves your Tiki Bar! He really wants one someday. We both love the Tiki room and our little one sure did too.

Clamato- ya it’s strange...so strange..I’m not a huge fan but my DH is and like a Rye Caesar very much (ceeasar with Canadian whiskey rather than vodka)

We are looking forward to seeing Pirates on our Oct day- it was closed during our May trip so it’s been a while, I understand why they changed but I will be different to see.

Yum Plaza chicken, it was spot on when we had it, and those appies look so good- Korean tacos- yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter