The Scoop on Grad Nights at DLR in May and June

I did not read the whole post but I did just post this on another post

Don't let the horror stories make you change your plans but just be aware. I do think Disney Land needs to be told what foul mouth little brats the kids are being and me.. you tell me to F off when you cut my line ill march right to a CM and point the group out. My kid and hubby can hold my place in line. I will not bow down to punks. Don't let it mess your trip up.

I am so worked up about this its crazy. I never had a Grad night. I got my GED a little under two years ago. But had I been allowed to go to DL on a Grad Night. Id be a hell of a lot more appreciative then these little punks. Don't be scared of them You are the adults. Tell Disney land. Complain to Guest relations. Tell any CM that will listen. Tell the ones with the vests on they seem to be higher ups. I don't care if they just graduated. Good then you should know not to be punks. Maybe Disney should toss a few hand fulls out to make an example.

Sadly a lot of parents don't teach manors any more and this is a prime example. How ever my 12 year old stood here with his mouth gaped open when I read him some of the horror stories.

We just got back from three days in DL this week (tues-Thurs), two of the three being grad nights. My family hates crowds and we had picked our dates based on initially low crowd predictions, but then the predictions were changed to "it's packed" after the fact. I was really concerned and also had thoughts of rescheduling. I'm glad we didn't.

The nights were very crowded, but I didn't notice a lot of difference between the grad nights and the non. The morning we got there early was particularly great. We got almost everything done we really wanted to in the time before lunch. Then we could be laid back in how we took our afternoon and evening. Even our non early days (didn't arrive until 9:30), the first part of the day was fine.

We went in with an adjusted attitude of expecting crowds and just enjoying ourselves and trying not to focus on the crowd aspect. That worked out well for even our crowd-hating family. The time around fireworks was a very unpleasant level of crowded, but the fireworks were so amazing it was worth it and I get the idea that might always be how fireworks are.

I think that's the key to all of it. The correct mindset makes all the difference. Your mindset won't keep bad things from happening but it will help you deal with them much better. Deal with the negative things when they happen of course but focus on the positive and you will have a great time.

We just got back from three days in DL this week (tues-Thurs), two of the three being grad nights. My family hates crowds and we had picked our dates based on initially low crowd predictions, but then the predictions were changed to "it's packed" after the fact. I was really concerned and also had thoughts of rescheduling. I'm glad we didn't.

The nights were very crowded, but I didn't notice a lot of difference between the grad nights and the non. The morning we got there early was particularly great. We got almost everything done we really wanted to in the time before lunch. Then we could be laid back in how we took our afternoon and evening. Even our non early days (didn't arrive until 9:30), the first part of the day was fine.

We went in with an adjusted attitude of expecting crowds and just enjoying ourselves and trying not to focus on the crowd aspect. That worked out well for even our crowd-hating family. The time around fireworks was a very unpleasant level of crowded, but the fireworks were so amazing it was worth it and I get the idea that might always be how fireworks are.

I have been there on Grad Nights. I have been there on non-GN. It has been empty and it has been crushed. It's not a given a Grad Night will be a crushing day. It's not a given than a non-GN will be lighter crowds.

We need to remember, this is the first month of the 60th celebration. Middle Schools and High Schools are taking day trips, Seniors are going to grad night, DISers are going on vacations, I am going on an anniversary trip, you are taking a trip. Everyone wants to go to the same place, often on the same day as me.
Agreed. For those who are talking about grad nights before May 22 then one can compare apples to apples to previous years. But one cannot compare grad nights after May 22 to previous years because the 60th celebration will bring in higher numbers of guests and make things more crowded regardless of grads.

:wizard:

Last night and tonight we're both grad nights. The crowds I can work around, and expect to have to. The big issue I've experienced is the disrespect and NOISE. Is it really necessary to have hundreds of people screaming at the top of their lungs all night? And the pounding on the trash cans. Holy $&@", it sounds like shots and really gets under my skin. It's totally unnecessary and destructive. Blocking walkways with large groups and refusing to move. I about had a nervous breakdown trying to get back to the hotel. My daughter was shaking with terror.

I won't come again during a Grad Night.

I haven't packed yet and I did find out if I cancel today I will get a portion of my $$$ back but not all of the $1600 I've paid. I'm still undecided. It sounds just so unpleasant I don't think I want to deal with it. Every experience I read makes Grad Night sound so horrible. This is so frustrating. I was looking forward to going and seeing all the 60th Anniversary stuff.

I haven't packed yet and I did find out if I cancel today I will get a portion of my $$$ back but not all of the $1600 I've paid. I'm still undecided. It sounds just so unpleasant I don't think I want to deal with it. Every experience I read makes Grad Night sound so horrible. This is so frustrating. I was looking forward to going and seeing all the 60th Anniversary stuff.

Your mentality makes me think you should change your plans. You are so focused on the negative that you have missed the several posters who have talked about the good experiences they have had on visits during grad nights. The negative things you read are very isolated incidents that people have allowed to ruin their time. They aren't normal and are not rampant throughout the parks on grad nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter