The Schue drops...we are going to Grand Floridian 9/25 - 10/3

CRdisMom

DIS Veteran
It has happened. I finally convinced hubby to do back to WDW with the kid. Okay I have been back but he hasn't it 10 years. DDs are now 17 and 12. The 17 will be staying home this trip as she will be taking college courses while in high school. So this makes up for leaving DD12 home 12 years ago.

So the plan so far. We will be at GF September 25-Oct 3. I'm pulling DD out of school for trip. Last fall we had some life changing events take place and I am learning that rules can be broken. Creating memories and enjoying yourself is important. DD will be in 7th grade so its not life ending. I hate to think that the magic is fading in her heart but I can see it daily. I need to do this before it's all gone. Reminds be a bit of the last Pete's Dragon Movie plot but I digress.

I am grateful for FD as that has helped offset some of the cost of the trip...:rolleyes1

So the biggest news ever came out last week. Star Wars is opening before we get there. This is an absolute must do for DH. I know the lines will be insane. I casually mentioned we could always do the VIP private tour. DH said yes. I don't want to wait in any line. I just want in. So there you have it. We will be dropping $$ on the tour. I have always wanted to do this. I'm giddy inside. DD12 is dying too. She can't wait now.

So plans as they stand now
Stay at GF for 7 days
Go to MNSSHP-meet some good Disboard friends:disrocks:

Have VIP tour. :jumping1: I never thought I'd be able to do it. Life does wild things to you.

Im spending lots of time now working on ADRs. All bets are off on any crowd calculations. We had picked this time because it was supposed to be slow. Yup that's not happening. It will all be go because I'm in Disney!

One of the many reasons I love the Dis. Finding unique things to do in the park. Never knew about Sorcerers of the Kingdom. Happy to find that. It will help keep the day interesting. Adding that to the fun along with Agent P in Epcot. Always mean to do these things but then time gets away from us.

Following along!

It’s my dream to do a VIP private tour! We were talking to one of the guides last trip in a character line and it sounds amazing.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is fun. We like to do it in the middle of the day when lines for things are too long to wait or to pass time between fastpasses. Don’t forget to get your Halloween party exclusive Socerers card!

So we have submitted the ADRs to the travel agent. Huge hats off to Ellen or Podsnel. She is a great travel agent. She has my back thru some trying times recently. We added Story Book dining and the bon voyage at boardwalk, two places we haven't been so looking forward to that. As well as nabbing a Tusker house reservation so we can see RIver of lights at AK. I thought it was worth skipping but apparently it is not.

This planning process has been a great distraction. Our oldest DD17 had tried to commit suicide last fast. We with the help of a higher power got her to the hospital in time to reverse the effects of the meds she took. She ended up spending nearly a month in a intensive therapy program in Mpls. It was a life changer for her. Sadly it is a journey not a race so she had a moment of felling badly again so she is back getting help. Thinking of dining plans and reservations are the last things on my mind. So having an agent to do this stuff for me is a wonderful thing. I am a control freak and uber planner so it does take a bit to let go but really it is easier. We live in a world where it is one day at a time. I know there is hope and she is getting help. She's one of the lucky ones. My heartbreaks for some of the other kids in the program.

Love you, Laura. This is going to be the best trip to WDW ever- well, our DISmom trips were not too shabby either, lol. But this is just going to be a special and well deserved vacation for your family. Thanks for letting me help- xo

Life has settled-finally. Everyone is safe and healthy. It has been a battle for sure but I know we are all stronger for making it thru. It's never done but we are headed the right way.

Dinning ressies are made. My spreadsheet is all color coded. Got Story Book Dinning and even better the Cali Grill Brunch. I can't wait to try that one.

We are heading to the Halloween party on the Sunday night. So now begins the hunt for costumes. DH and DD will be embracing their inner Star Wars geek and making custom costumes. I on the other hand am torn between E Mode and Vanellope Von Schweetz. I like an odd ball character. I was Darla last summer, including the teeth. lol

Saturday the fast pass reservations will be in. Then it comes down to walking, walking, walking. I need to build up the miles to make it thru the days.

So fast passes are all made. Then the oldest, DD17, who was going to stay home decided heck why am I missing a trip like this? So revamp some things and now it is a full family trip. She even picked out doing the Grand Floridian Tea. Happy she still enjoys some fun stuff. This will allow the DDs to go and have an adventure while we are there and hubby and I can have a nice dinner. :)

One mistake I made was not buying travel insurance on the start of the planning. Last Friday night we learned FIL has stage IV Metastatic Lung cancer. Told months not years. What a blow. He has is battling a pneumothroax and it isn't resolving. So yes trip insurance has been procured. We got the majority of our airline tickets on miles and would hate to lose them. Disney would be refundable but I'm all about being safe. We actually used travel insurance in Jamacia. Hubby got a horrible case of strep. One shot and bam it was fixed but it was a big clinic bill. lol Travel insurance to the rescue.,

Life is short and that was the reason for this trip. The last weekends events really made it home even more.

Glad your older daughter has decided to join you!

Sorry to hear about your FIL's diagnosis.

So fast passes are all made. Then the oldest, DD17, who was going to stay home decided heck why am I missing a trip like this? So revamp some things and now it is a full family trip. She even picked out doing the Grand Floridian Tea. Happy she still enjoys some fun stuff. This will allow the DDs to go and have an adventure while we are there and hubby and I can have a nice dinner. :)

One mistake I made was not buying travel insurance on the start of the planning. Last Friday night we learned FIL has stage IV Metastatic Lung cancer. Told months not years. What a blow. He has is battling a pneumothroax and it isn't resolving. So yes trip insurance has been procured. We got the majority of our airline tickets on miles and would hate to lose them. Disney would be refundable but I'm all about being safe. We actually used travel insurance in Jamacia. Hubby got a horrible case of strep. One shot and bam it was fixed but it was a big clinic bill. lol Travel insurance to the rescue.,

Life is short and that was the reason for this trip. The last weekends events really made it home even more.
So sorry about your father in law

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter