The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would not surprise me if any or all these rumors come true with Chapek in charge. The one thing in common with all these are very little if any merchandise....

although the Country Bears do sell some merch ... CoP a bit too - or at least things with "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" on them

not to say there aren't options that would sell more merch but one would think he'd rather figure out something to capitalize on the demand there is for CBJ and build on that rather than get rid of it

It would not surprise me if any or all these rumors come true with Chapek in charge. The one thing in common with all these are very little if any merchandise....
although the Country Bears do sell some merch ... CoP a bit too - or at least things with "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" on them

not to say there aren't options that would sell more merch but one would think he'd rather figure out something to capitalize on the demand there is for CBJ and build on that rather than get rid of it
If they go away, you know there will be "farewell" merchandise available for you to purchase...:rolleyes2

It especially bothers me because its very specifically the NonIP attractions in Magic Kingdom. If that 3rd ride isn't in reference to Stitch. If it is something like CoP (I would chain myself) then its clear what they all have in common.

Edit:: again though I would be upset about CBJ as well I love Tiki but if it had a lil Moana upgrade I would be fine.

It especially bothers me because its very specifically the NonIP attractions in Magic Kingdom. If that 3rd ride isn't in reference to Stitch. If it is something like CoP (I would chain myself) then its clear what they all have in common.

Edit:: again though I would be upset about CBJ as well I love Tiki but if it had a lil Moana upgrade I would be fine.

You take CoP and I'll take Tiki! 😆

I haven’t watched/been on CBJ, Tiki, or CoP in years. So if they were to close I would be mostly indifferent, but I do get that they each have a passionate fan base and it would suck for them. What always gets me whenever rumors of ride closures come up is when Hall of Presidents isn’t being discussed. How is that still open? I know it just completed a major revamp like a year and a half ago, but still...

What do you mean "nonIP"? Have you not seen the wonder that is the Country Bear movie?!?!?!!

You know, there would have been a time I would say they would NEVER touch CoP or IASW or some other classic old rides. I am not so sure anymore.

That being said, lets clarify what is rumored - that being that CBJ may be shuttered as well as Tiki birds. One site has CBJ at least being possibly replaced by a TSL puppet show based on Woody.

To date I have heard nothing more is being added other than paint to any Tomorrow land attractions other than add of Tron, and possible Tron restage of Speedway.

Enchanted Tiki Room is reportedly going to be replaced with a Moana themed show from a certain site. In time for the 50th anniversary.
IMHO that’s the only replacement of Tiki I’d except though we all know what happened to new management
I’d also live a reskin of Pirates to Moana as I’ve heard Disneyland’s and Shanghi’s are far superior plus Johnny Depp is such a polarizing person these days.... maybe something in the vein of Sindbad at DisneySea but replace Chandu with HeiHei and Compass of Your Heart with How Far I’ll Go (just blueskying here lol)

Enchanted Tiki Room is reportedly going to be replaced with a Moana themed show from a certain site. In time for the 50th anniversary.

interesting that both rumored replacements are for new shows. Maybe just what the space lends itself too -- just interesting to put in new shows / replacing existing ones after cancelling the Main St Theater (I know very different types of shows)

Hopefully the Moana show is high quality - something like Mickey and the Magical Map or Mickey and the Wonderous Book from Hong Kong Disneyland ... but instead of a book it is the tapestries or something

interesting that both rumored replacements are for new shows. Maybe just what the space lends itself too -- just interesting to put in new shows / replacing existing ones after cancelling the Main St Theater (I know very different types of shows)

Hopefully the Moana show is high quality - something like Mickey and the Magical Map or Mickey and the Wonderous Book from Hong Kong Disneyland ... but instead of a book it is the tapestries or something
Yeah, I just think they should work on things that need to be fixed not things that aren’t broken. Focus on a stitch replacement or updating/replacing philharmagic, stuff like that.

Yeah, I just think they should work on things that need to be fixed not things that aren’t broken. Focus on a stitch replacement or updating/replacing philharmagic, stuff like that.

agreed - I think it would be easier to accept these changes if they did add the theater and did fill in the space where Stitch was, etc. - vs taking more things off line (even if not the most popular they still can absorb some crowds - and in places with A/C to help with the heat!)

You raise a great question. Is this in some way to make up for the loss of the theater, also to @rteetz with the supposed coming of fixes for Philharmagic, this makes me wonder even more..........

but leaving Stitch empty, and doing these things totally confuse me.

This has me remembering (with a shudder) the version of the Tiki room "Under New Management".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!