The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that would be good! They've also got a bit of space to play around with back there to extend the show building etc. Figment needs an update though if it is staying!

Fully agree about Figment needing an update. Having done Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disney I thought a similar ride but Figment based (and bring back the Dreamfinder!) could be amazing! Though the ride system is similar to Ratatouille so since that is going in at France I don't think they would do two similar rides so close together

So with D23 over...

897.gif

Well, I guess the next thing is the Mission Space reopening next month - so we will see how that is

Then there is the D23 event at EPCOT on October 1st for the 35th anniversary of the park - so I suspect new info about more changes to EPCOT come out then

Last edited:
Fully agree about Figment needing an update. Having done Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disney I thought a similar ride but Figment based (and bring back the Dreamfinder!) could be amazing! Though the ride system is similar to Ratatouille so since that is going in at France I don't think they would do two similar rides so close together
Yes! A Figment attraction using Mystic Manor tech would be cool, although I agree, can't see them putting that in so close to Ratatouille.

Well, I guess the next thing is the Mission Space reopening next month - so we will see how that is

Then there is the D23 event at EPCOT on October 1st for the 25th anniversary of the park - so I suspect new info about more changes to EPCOT come out then
*35th anniversary

I agree I'd love an imagination 4.0 with updated tech and the revival of dreamfinder

Battle of the first order and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will be using the same tech so why not?

they are both trackless rides, so pretty much same technology, at least from what all I have seen and heard. Same for Rat in France. Seems to be the flavor of the day at WDW, that or roller coasters :D

TSMM, I believe is also trackless. So technically, one park will have three potential trackless systems.

Having multiple ride systems that are the same isn't so much an issue as making each unique. MK has several boat rides and omnimovers, as does Epcot. But each of those rides is pretty unique in themeing and sometimes ride execution and location.

TSMM, I believe is also trackless. So technically, one park will have three potential trackless systems.

Having multiple ride systems that are the same isn't so much an issue as making each unique. MK has several boat rides and omnimovers, as does Epcot. But each of those rides is pretty unique in themeing and sometimes ride execution and location.
No TSMM is not trackless. WDW does not have any true trackless systems. GMR would be the closest thing.

Agree. :)

And Ellen's Energy Adventure. Although the vehicles on both follow a guide wire in the floor as opposed to being truly autonomous trackless vehicles like the new rides will be.
Yes and Ellen's. Even ToT is similar in following a guide wire on the floor.

At this point won't all dark rides be trackless. Or at least should be. With the trackless technology available, why go back to a track system.

I don't think having two trackless systems close together should be as much of a concern as say two simulators or two coasters.

At this point won't all dark rides be trackless. Or at least should be. With the trackless technology available, why go back to a track system.
Well it depends on what they are trying to achieve. An omnimover works better in some situations, and boats in others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter