The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, others are saying it will be sooner than later.
I replied and asked 'how soon is not anytime soon?', and the reply I got was "Time will tell, after July I'll spill some more.". AKA We'll hear an announcement at D23.

Personally i'd expect UOE to be closed by the end of the year.

Okay, about UoE. I do think it is moving quicker. I also think that GotG is not going there. Just my gut. But Martin at WDWMagic.com has said one option could be Big Hero 6(I would LOVE this) and that WDW right now is really rethinking using GotG at all. He can't expand on why, not yet anyway.

Okay, about UoE. I do think it is moving quicker. I also think that GotG is not going there. Just my gut. But Martin at WDWMagic.com has said one option could be Big Hero 6(I would LOVE this) and that WDW right now is really rethinking using GotG at all. He can't expand on why, not yet anyway.

I vote for Big Hero 6! My step-son loves that movie, and I also enjoyed it.

As others have said, Disney has enough IPs that they should be able to find ones that match Epcot themeing. Big Hero 6 is just the tip of the iceberg. If they are going the IP route, then put some really good thought into it.

I'd love to see Big Hero 6 in Epcot too, it fits Epcot's theme in some respect, definitely one of the better IP's they could choose. Fits much better than GOTG does!

Mission Space goes down very soon. I don't think that will be it.
I agree, don't think we will necessarily see a full Guardians overlay during this refurb. Saying that though, the Attractions Magazine article does say that the overlay could be a mission led by the Guardians instead of something completely new. And a 2 month refurb should be long enough for a simple overlay... Could be interesting.

I agree, don't think we will necessarily see a full Guardians overlay during this refurb. Saying that though, the Attractions Magazine article does say that the overlay could be a mission led by the Guardians instead of something completely new. And a 2 month refurb should be long enough for a simple overlay... Could be interesting.

That would be a pretty easy fit, and could meld better than some other ideas with Epcot.

Need to fix this, Martin did not say Big Hero 6 was an IP being thought of, he just clarified to someone asking that he could not confirm nor deny yet. My bad on that one.

I haven't seen Big Hero 6 (I should change that) but I could see them doing something cool with that and still incorporate the idea of "Edu-tainment". Something like robotics is fascinating field that still feels futuristic to us even with all the advancements so I could be comfortable with that.

Tron I honestly think would be cooler over at Magic Kingdom but I suppose either of these IP's could fit at Future World or Tomorrowland.

Big Hero 6 would be great in Epcot! I like the edutainment robotics piece. Also the Tokyo/San Francisco city could provide interesting theming.

Did anybody else here the latest from Jim Hill this week? Mission Breakout possibly coming to Epcot behind where Universe of Energy is located, which I guess means the Universe of Energy building would be left alone. I wouldn't mind that so much if that ever came true!

Did anybody else here the latest from Jim Hill this week? Mission Breakout possibly coming to Epcot behind where Universe of Energy is located, which I guess means the Universe of Energy building would be left alone. I wouldn't mind that so much if that ever came true!

So two of the same ride in WDW? Color me very suspicious of this idea. It makes no sense...

At this point what we know from reliable insiders is the ride is behind and Universe of energy building become the queue. Gardien of the galaxy is one of two themes consider (but I heard a roller coaster style ride, not a tower of terror one) but the final call hasnt been made.

Jim has a tendency to be wrong, I can't see Mission: Breakout coming to Epcot. I can't believe Disney would build a near-identical ride to Tower of Terror a couple of miles down the road. Energy pavilion would be the queue for whatever attraction is coming and the actual ride would be behind UoE.

Jim has a tendency to be wrong, I can't see Mission: Breakout coming to Epcot. I can't believe Disney would build a near-identical ride to Tower of Terror a couple of miles down the road. Energy pavilion would be the queue for whatever attraction is coming and the actual ride would be behind UoE.
I listened to the podcast. Jim hill did not say Mission Breakout was going to UoE. He said Guardians is which is of course been a rumor for a while.

Going by what we've seen with SDMT and Avatar, Disney really needs something new at EPCOT when both Pixar and StarWars land are open to draw people away from HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter