The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But also think this is the one land they should not look to "go cheap" at all
That's the big thing. SWGE definitely should be the one thing they don't cheapen out on. I definitely understand making cuts where necessary but some of the cuts Disney makes seem completely unnecessary when they add other things like the Pop up Disney thing in Disneyland or photo walls.

From a business perspective (and probably his), what additional value is gained from having street performers or training CMs to be authentic SW “citizens”? Not much. It is purely an added expense, with little opportunity to capture additional revenue.

From a guest’s perspective, what is the additional value? I would say it is impossible to measure! Imagine all the memories to be made from “authentic” CM interactions - all of the potential for pixie dust (or should we call it star dust in SW:GE?) and spontaneous moments. And this is what SHOULD set Disney Parks apart from other theme parks.

Choosing to invest in technology and interactive elements and having that available for opening is a good thing, and really, a smart decision. But, as you all have said, choosing to invest in the people and atmosphere of the land will be the smart decision for the long term, and I hope it comes to pass.

Personally, I felt like Pandora (the land itself) over-promised and WAY under-delivered. FOP is arguably one of the best rides in all Disney parks, but what happened to all of the interactive elements and plants that were promised? Remember the cool patents we saw as the land was being built; the promise of sensory-related technology? There are a few that exist on a small scale, but they don’t always work. I hope that SW:GE doesn’t go that same route.

From a business perspective (and probably his), what additional value is gained from having street performers or training CMs to be authentic SW “citizens”? Not much. It is purely an added expense, with little opportunity to capture additional revenue.

From a guest’s perspective, what is the additional value? I would say it is impossible to measure! Imagine all the memories to be made from “authentic” CM interactions - all of the potential for pixie dust (or should we call it star dust in SW:GE?) and spontaneous moments. And this is what SHOULD set Disney Parks apart from other theme parks.

Choosing to invest in technology and interactive elements and having that available for opening is a good thing, and really, a smart decision. But, as you all have said, choosing to invest in the people and atmosphere of the land will be the smart decision for the long term, and I hope it comes to pass.

Personally, I felt like Pandora (the land itself) over-promised and WAY under-delivered. FOP is arguably one of the best rides in all Disney parks, but what happened to all of the interactive elements and plants that were promised? Remember the cool patents we saw as the land was being built; the promise of sensory-related technology? There are a few that exist on a small scale, but they don’t always work. I hope that SW:GE doesn’t go that same route.
I can tell you that there have been several times I have stayed at DHS to watch the Citizens of Hollywood. And since I am there I am also spending money on food and drink. I do the same thing on Main Street USA in the mornings watching the Dapper Dans, the Trolley Show and the Main Street citizens. Some people love the streetmosphere.

Given how popular the villia s are at the Halloween party a "villians club" type up harge during it I bet would sell really well
It was an upcharged event that was actually WORTH the extra money and gave exclusivity but was offered often enough that people had enough opportunity to try it. Truly a great time.

Okay just some tidbits....

Per Martin at WDWmagic.com....
1) Look for Tron to be open and running 2 years from this month - so looks like target date is May 2022
2) Per a post from Martin - looks like MMRR is targeted for April 2020 - but there is some confusion in that discussion so I asked for clarity
3) Yes Speedway is open, but if plans are kept, look for Speedway to close again next year for tron look update

3) Yes Speedway is open, but if plans are kept, look for Speedway to close again next year for tron look update

Super interesting. Now that the track re-routing and all that stuff is done, it seems like they wouldn't have to close for as long to do a look and feel refurb... but to go with a Tron theme, I can't imagine that keeping the gas engines would work, thematically... so I guess what I'm getting at is wondering if they'll swap out the vehicles for electric or something at that point.

1) Look for Tron to be open and running 2 years from this month - so looks like target date is May 2022
2) Per a post from Martin - looks like MMRR is targeted for April 2020 - but there is some confusion in that discussion so I asked for clarity

2 years from this month? wouldn't that be May 2021? Or is it 3 years out? Or do I need more coffee to do my math?

Yeah, 2 years would be 2021 which would also fit with it open in time for the 50th which is what Disney announced so I think 2022 must just be a typp

Super interesting. Now that the track re-routing and all that stuff is done, it seems like they wouldn't have to close for as long to do a look and feel refurb... but to go with a Tron theme, I can't imagine that keeping the gas engines would work, thematically... so I guess what I'm getting at is wondering if they'll swap out the vehicles for electric or something at that point.

I hope they make theme electric - I really think that ride with some thematic changes (Tron, etc.) and change to electric would make it so much better. I rode the version at Hong Kong - it was Electric Cars and they had little sound effects when you accelerated (reminded me of Jetson sounds) and some futurish scenery and it felt so much better than the current MK version and also made it fit in Tomorrowland so much better

oooh, then both MMRR and Ratatouille would be open for our May 2020 trip!!!

If they slowly continue the change the Tomorrowland decor away from 1950s futuristic style into something more modern, then we're looking at a really great land. I typically avoid the land except for people mover and cop.

The land is something I avoid. It's ugly.

I still liked the Villain's event that was held in the castle, I think it only lasted one year.

It starred the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine. They actually sang and it was hilarious. Maleficent and the Snow Queen were also there. It was tons of fun.

Of course some big rumor updates today.

There is a rumor that in 2024-2026 Disney will demolish both The Land and Seas Pavilion. Soarin would remain and a new entrance for that would be built.

WDWMagic sources have responded to this report (Magic Feather and Martin) and noted this is not what they have been told. They say the pavilions will get refurbs instead. Expect changes but neither completely gone. Disney would also have to burn bridges with partners such as the USDA as they use The Land for research.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter