The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the hardest part of any pending plan is managing resort guests - transport to/from parks, having enough restaurants open, THEIR EXPECTATIONS, etc.

Maybe resorts are the last to open up?
Related to this, they already have people booking resorts without any clue what the actual experience will be like - they dont know what they're paying for really!

How many will be demanding money back if they find lack of transport or restaurants/pools etc being open?

Then, those that do want to complain - how do you allow them to do that? Form a socially distanced queue in the lobby? That queue might end up snaking all the way around the resorts!

Only with solidarity, we can fight this and be back to normal sooner. Take care and stay healthy!
Related to this, they already have people booking resorts without any clue what the actual experience will be like - they dont know what they're paying for really!

How many will be demanding money back if they find lack of transport or restaurants/pools etc being open?

Then, those that do want to complain - how do you allow them to do that? Form a socially distanced queue in the lobby? That queue might end up snaking all the way around the resorts!
I'm certain closures of amenities or other aspects of parks and resorts would be communicated with resort guests prior to check in. They have always sent emails regarding any changes in amenities offered. I'm certain once they have a plan it will be communicated with everyone with reservations.

I really don't even know how to feel about this as Parks lover I'm enthusiastic, but as a realist I'm like is that safe? But Disney's guidelines have always been much higher than ours.

A good friend of mine has a daughter who's a CM at WDW. She's a manager of some sort at one of the retail stores. She's now furloughed.

According to her, the rumors she's hearing is that the place won't be open until 2021.

A good friend of mine has a daughter who's a CM at WDW. She's a manager of some sort at one of the retail stores. She's now furloughed.

According to her, the rumors she's hearing is that the place won't be open until 2021.
Wall Street analysts are speculating that but nothing to back that up other than what they think so I wouldn’t consider that a strong rumor.

so I’m cautiously optimistic that a recent tweet from the EP of Ducktales means that the World Showcase Adventure reskin and/or the Play Pavilion content haven’t yet been scrapped

I am not sure how long they can afford to keep some resorts closed- namely those with DVC villas. They are already scrambling to figure out how to make us DVC members whole with the closure. Disney Vacation Development (the DVC entity) has to comply with Florida timeshare laws. I've been reading my contract, and even as an attorney, its been a struggle. So, the longer those resorts are closed, the bigger the issue becomes for DVD. As of now they have only announced a plan for members who had points expiring in April and June 2020 (there aren't any contracts with July as a point use year) so if this goes into August they have to go back to the drawing board and it just gets worse from there.

I wonder if Epcot spine gets any love once they re-open.

I wouldn't be surprised if they move extremely slow with any project work not near-finished because they might have to shut down again if we get hit with a 2nd wave.
The Epcot spine though is actively painful to the park experience. It’s not like a ride being refurbished that they can just wall off; 1/3 of the park is behind construction walls and it adds a lot of walking time to a park in which it already took forever to get anywhere. I imagine that they will keep up at least enough work to start making paths through it.

The Epcot spine though is actively painful to the park experience. It’s not like a ride being refurbished that they can just wall off; 1/3 of the park is behind construction walls and it adds a lot of walking time to a park in which it already took forever to get anywhere. I imagine that they will keep up at least enough work to start making paths through it.
I can see them adding a few temporary planters as a placeholder for areas of the spine that haven’t broken ground just as a means to do the project in phases due to budget as well as to open up pathways to be more conducive of social distancing

I can see them adding a few temporary planters as a placeholder for areas of the spine that haven’t broken ground just as a means to do the project in phases due to budget as well as to open up pathways to be more conducive of social distancing

yeah, I think they will "clean it up" and maybe add more semi-temporary structures (stores, starbucks, etc.), but any major / substantial construction likely gets put on hold or cancelled - but I can't see them having the entire center of Future World walled off for 2+ years

Wonder if the 50th will start over the summer or in Oct?

I always thought it would be something like June 2021 - Sept 2022 (and then start the EPCOT 40th in October 2022) ...but guess we shall see now

I could actually see them starting it earlier if they think they need things to draw people in if they are fully open by earl y 2021 but crowds are down due to the economy, fears of traveling, etc. ... if so, maybe they make all of 2021 part of the celebebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!