The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind Rivers of Light and with other things that are more in need of changing it's not a big deal to me. Big bummer about Coco though. Whats the deal with The Seas? And what is TDL. I still am holding hope for that Haunted Mansion restaurant but that is clearly becoming less likely

So good thing is, UK still looks good, Brazil still looks good, Rat we know for sure as construction has started, same for GotG. I am intrigued by Seas...but doubt it happens since to me this is Stitch 2.0 with no theme locked. Spine still gonna happen...

And for the upteenth time...Nothing to Imagination..sadly.

I really wish they would update imagination pavilion and give figment a brand new ride.

I don't mind Rivers of Light and with other things that are more in need of changing it's not a big deal to me. Big bummer about Coco though. Whats the deal with The Seas? And what is TDL. I still am holding hope for that Haunted Mansion restaurant but that is clearly becoming less likely
TDL is Tokyo Disneyland

I wish they'd just do the Coco overlay of the Mexico pavilion. With that, Rat, and the UK ride, it would help spread crowds at Epcot and potentially HS. It's also IP that fits spectacularly in that pavilion. The animatronics in the ride don't work a lot of the time already. Just take it down for 12 months and do the overlay. It should not take as long as Frozen because the queue doesn't really need to be rebuilt. And parts of the ride could remain. Just silly not to do it.

So good thing is, UK still looks good, Brazil still looks good, Rat we know for sure as construction has started, same for GotG. I am intrigued by Seas...but doubt it happens since to me this is Stitch 2.0 with no theme locked. Spine still gonna happen...

And for the upteenth time...Nothing to Imagination..sadly.

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for all your reports of the updates mentioned on other sites. I don't have time to read it all, so I always appreciate your efforts to sum things up. :thumbsup2

I have NO IDEA what in the world this means:

If they can ever decide on a concept The Seas will become the "Pavillion on a hill" or the hive of scum and villainy Galaxy's Edge was intended to be.”
This one bugs me too.
I have seen the following rumored.....
1) Dory over lay
2) Sea base over lay
3) marine lab over lay

This almost seems like ..I don't know. One rumor for SW:GE was that the area was being set up to be grimy and such to seem dark...but evidently they went away from it. Maybe a villain appeal here?

I wish they'd just do the Coco overlay of the Mexico pavilion. With that, Rat, and the UK ride, it would help spread crowds at Epcot and potentially HS. It's also IP that fits spectacularly in that pavilion. The animatronics in the ride don't work a lot of the time already. Just take it down for 12 months and do the overlay. It should not take as long as Frozen because the queue doesn't really need to be rebuilt. And parts of the ride could remain. Just silly not to do it.
I think money has finally hit the wall.
They are making choices now - by all reports the GotG ride is going to be extremely expensive, so some money might have been taken from WS to cover for that. I will add at one point Brazil was to have an attraction and now looks to be without one. So some other cuts may have been made.

I agree Coco is a no-brainer. But a vamped up UK ride, instead of some simple spinner or such could be a win.

I totally understand that Disney are a business and why they spread out their construction over as many quarters as possible, but money really shouldn’t be an issue?

Surely for the 50th they can just go crazy on the spending because they’ll make it back in no time. I don’t get why there is a ‘wall’ on their spending

I totally understand that Disney are a business and why they spread out their construction over as many quarters as possible, but money really shouldn’t be an issue?

Surely for the 50th they can just go crazy on the spending because they’ll make it back in no time. I don’t get why there is a ‘wall’ on their spending
You don't think they've been spending any money lately?

I can see your point, however, considering the astronomical prices they are paying for these upgrades pushed the realm of they have that much money. Now, you can ask why they are that expensive...but some of these upgrades would scare small countries.

I think money has finally hit the wall.
They are making choices now - by all reports the GotG ride is going to be extremely expensive, so some money might have been taken from WS to cover for that. I will add at one point Brazil was to have an attraction and now looks to be without one. So some other cuts may have been made.

I agree Coco is a no-brainer. But a vamped up UK ride, instead of some simple spinner or such could be a win.

Considering it has been a rather long time since Epcot received some love, yet they've still raised prices every year, they should stop pinching pennies. If they had updated as they went, it wouldn't be in such dire need of an overhaul, but the powers that be decided to kick the can down the road. Now they need to pay up. If they are going to cut a no brainier like Coco in Mexico, they better do a bloody good job on what they keep.

I can see your point, however, considering the astronomical prices they are paying for these upgrades pushed the realm of they have that much money. Now, you can ask why they are that expensive...but some of these upgrades would scare small countries.
I just still find it hard to believe that Disney is struggling with money. I mean if you look at the money going into the Fox deal you would think they OWN a small country. Do you think that deal is going to leave Disney with some financial holes?

I just still find it hard to believe that Disney is struggling with money. I mean if you look at the money going into the Fox deal you would think they OWN a small country. Do you think that deal is going to leave Disney with some financial holes?
Struggling? I'd suspect it's more likely a matter of responsible spreading of capex over time than it is a matter of "struggling".

I wonder if all the money going to Fox deal isn't part of the problem. I know its separate budgets...but still...Yikes

You don't think they've been spending any money lately?

Oh they definitely have been spending but when your leading up to the 50th anniversary, why the need to cut back and save money short term when they are obviously going to make it back time and time over in the long term

Someone (sorry - can’t remember who) suggested that it isn’t in Disney’s best interest to push for so many new attractions at once. Not only might it leave the company vulnerable in terms of cash (if there were an economic downturn), but also it would create a “binge” from guests...wait for announced attractions to be done, then take one big trip, don’t go back for 10 years. Instead, the investments are spread out and they are opening new attractions, even lands, almost every year or two. And I like that - there have been new experiences for us every trip we have taken. Granted, it’s frustrating to hear exciting announcements getting axed, but I’d rather have a steady stream than a monsoon and drought.

Someone (sorry - can’t remember who) suggested that it isn’t in Disney’s best interest to push for so many new attractions at once. Not only might it leave the company vulnerable in terms of cash (if there were an economic downturn), but also it would create a “binge” from guests...wait for announced attractions to be done, then take one big trip, don’t go back for 10 years. Instead, the investments are spread out and they are opening new attractions, even lands, almost every year or two. And I like that - there have been new experiences for us every trip we have taken. Granted, it’s frustrating to hear exciting announcements getting axed, but I’d rather have a steady stream than a monsoon and drought.
It's too late for them to complain about a monsoon after a drought. The situation is an unfortunate byproduct of neglecting the parks for such an extended period of time. I really don't want to hear how complicated it is to have to all of a sudden play catch up.

But they’re not opening all at once, so I’m not sure I understand the “binge” argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter