The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reportedly per Brayden and MansionButler84 on WDWMagic Disney execs are watching quarter 4 earnings closely and this could make or break some of the stuff being planned for the 50th.

Also seeing some other reports and thoughts that analysts in general and economists will be watching Disney's earnings as Disney's performance is often a sign of the health of the economy - or the average person's view of the health of the economy .... so if they are way down and Disney changes plans, that could make peopel sour of the economy and then that fear of a recession becomes a self fulfilling prophesy

so lots of pressure on these earnings I think

Reportedly per Brayden and MansionButler84 on WDWMagic Disney execs are watching quarter 4 earnings closely and this could make or break some of the stuff being planned for the 50th.

I'm particularly interested to see what earnings look like, as well, as it seems like this past quarter will tell at least some of the story of whether Disney's pursuit of add-on charges and the upper end of the market will pay off. Crowds generally seem to be down or flat (at least according to expectations) but that doesn't mean they aren't raking in the cash.

I can see why they didn't mention anything about the imagination pavilion, Brazil, or The Seas at D23... never good to announce something and then not build it when the money runs out... Well maybe not runs out but you know "budgeting"

Anyone heard any more about monorails. Last thing I saw was Silver got a makeover. Have any other trains gotten fixed up?

I can see why they didn't mention anything about the imagination pavilion, Brazil, or The Seas at D23... never good to announce something and then not build it when the money runs out... Well maybe not runs out but you know "budgeting"

Anyone heard any more about monorails. Last thing I saw was Silver got a makeover. Have any other trains gotten fixed up?
Nothing more on the monorail front yet.

Also seeing some other reports and thoughts that analysts in general and economists will be watching Disney's earnings as Disney's performance is often a sign of the health of the economy - or the average person's view of the health of the economy .... so if they are way down and Disney changes plans, that could make peopel sour of the economy and then that fear of a recession becomes a self fulfilling prophesy

so lots of pressure on these earnings I think
Disney and Walmart

I know the rumor mill has been pretty sparse since D23, Does anyone know if the Epcot Entrance work will shift over to include the Bus Depot as well? That area is pretty chaotic and disorganized compared to the Bus loops at the other parks... Also Monorail Green has gotten the same facelift as silver.

I know the rumor mill has been pretty sparse since D23, Does anyone know if the Epcot Entrance work will shift over to include the Bus Depot as well? That area is pretty chaotic and disorganized compared to the Bus loops at the other parks... Also Monorail Green has gotten the same facelift as silver.

I could be wrong but I thought the plan is to redo the bus depot at EPCOT after they finish the work on the tram drop off and other entrance work area

Saw on the news post about Monorail Green's update - someone commented that it is about 3 months after Silver debuted with the update so hopefully that means every 3 months a new one will be updated

I just wanted to say that I trully believe we should stop expecting announcements on EVERYTHING that they're planning for the next 2 years in D23s. It's just not realistic.

They will of course promote and capitalize on the event, and that includes big announcements, but there's so much that can happen within that time... and how to keep the hype for that time as well? They have to have cards under their sleeves. It's only rational.

I think that they will still announce great things for the 50th, epcot's 40th and the company's 100th anniversaries.

Unfortunately there's a bizarre wave of negativity amongst disney fans lately when we're clearly living a great moment in the industry. Sorry guys, but that day in Epcot in the 80s/90s was magical... we all know... but IT WON'T COME BACK. ACCEPT THAT. Lol.

Last edited:
I think Epcot's greatest days are still to come. The last 10-15 years or so in Future World have been pretty meh... My only hope is that HarmoniUS and the new Spaceship Earth doesn't fall short of their predecessors greatness... Those two aspects have always made Epcot worth visiting.

About the Brazilian Pavillion...

I believe it was going to be announced at the D23 but due to the horrible timing regarding the controversy on the fires in the Amazon in the same week, they've just postponed it a bit. Maybe for the beggining of next year.

I don't believe it will be between Germany and Italy as the rumor goes... I think it will be in the area occupied by the "outpost" and behind it. Some of that area is used for storage and fireworks preparations but it is still quite big! I'm raising this because apparently there's been some land clearance lately as aerial pictures show.

Does anyone know what's going on there?

Last edited:
About the Brazilian Pavillion...

I believe it was going to be announced at the D23 but due to the horrible timing regarding the controversy on the fires in the Amazon in the same week, they've just postponed it a bit. Maybe for the beggining of next year.

I don't believe it will be between Germany and Italy as the rumor goes... I think it will be in the area occupied by the "outpost" and behind it. Some of that area is used for storage and fireworks preparations but it is still quite big! I'm raising this because apparently there's been some land clearance lately as aerial pictures show.

Does anyone know what's going on there?
Could be wrong but I believe it was a staging area for the Illuminations replacement

Could be wrong but I believe it was a staging area for the Illuminations replacement
It makes absolute sense too...

I just think that area would be more appropriate for a Brazil pavillion because it would offer more space to recreate some natural landscape...such as a small forest or something... as a Brazilian myself this rumor makes me really excited!

I just think that area would be more appropriate for a Brazil pavillion because it would offer more space to recreate some natural landscape...such as a small forest or something... as a Brazilian myself this rumor makes me really excited!
Hello, fellow brazilian! Great seeing you here! Where are you from? What soccer team does your heart beat for?
(Yes, non-brazilians, that´s a legitimate question, soccer is a big deal! :rotfl: )

Regarding the pavilion, I really think the timing was bad. Amazon fires, political turmoil (regardless of which side you´re on, we all can agree we´re going through political hell right now)... I hope Disney doesn´t drop it altogether in favor of another country that is not going through crazy times (although that wouldn´t be so easy to find nowadays lol)

Here at the parks and read about the Skyliner incident this morning. I just saw them running some of the lines...and then they stopped. Do you think they’ll be doing testing like this for the next few days or weeks?

Here at the parks and read about the Skyliner incident this morning. I just saw them running some of the lines...and then they stopped. Do you think they’ll be doing testing like this for the next few days or weeks?
Depends on how long Disney and those involved think is necessary.

At this point, nobody knows (nobody is reporting any new info or timeline). Hope you enjoy your vacay regardless!

Hello, fellow brazilian! Great seeing you here! Where are you from? What soccer team does your heart beat for?
(Yes, non-brazilians, that´s a legitimate question, soccer is a big deal! :rotfl: )

Regarding the pavilion, I really think the timing was bad. Amazon fires, political turmoil (regardless of which side you´re on, we all can agree we´re going through political hell right now)... I hope Disney doesn´t drop it altogether in favor of another country that is not going through crazy times (although that wouldn´t be so easy to find nowadays lol)
Hello dear! I'm from SP. Not into soccer... lol... but yes it is a big deal in here and I enjoy it during World Cups. But that's it. Lol

About the pavillion... I really hope they open it and to be honest if they really wanna see Brazilians going completely nuts about it they should include a ride featuring the 3 caballeros, that by then would have been replaced by Coco in Mexico, and the absolutely ICONIC visit to Bahia and the scene featuring Aurora Miranda, Carmen's sister, singing "Os quindins de Iaiá". I get thrilled just to think about it! It would be absolutely perfect as a natural continuation of their trip just like in the movie. It could be an ominimover or system that mocks the Sugarloaf's cable car or the Corcovado train. It would be mindblowing!!! Lol.

About the timing... it was definitely because of the fires that week and tge whole repercussion... I agree we're living a political hell I just don't understand the "right now" part. Sorry, but this place has been of fire for 5 centuries already. I missed the "paradise" that people swear existed until yesterday. Never seen it. I live in a country that has been registering over 60.000 violent deaths a year for years, so the "right now, we're in hell" is quite nonsense for me. But hey! Each one lives a different reality. A different life. What I see amongst my friends that decided to live in hell starting in January 1st this year is... their lives is still the ****ing same... same job... same parties... same excesses... same drugs... same expensive restaurants and trips... same everything... except for more money and more drugs and more depression. I decided not to get obsessed about a person that doesn't know I exist, started my company in december with 400 bucks and I'm happy and growing. Go figure. #choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter