The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spaceship Earth
Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur

That's a LOT of (big) rides down at one time.
We don't know what will be closed for sure but I had a feeling there would be alot of upcoming closures to prepare for the 50th celebration.

If they redo Dinoland, It'd be nice if they'd keep the Dinosaurs. It's a great concept for a land. They just don't do it justice with the attractions they have now. I mean, the energy ride had more detail than Dinosaur. If they did dinosaurs with the detail they did Pandora, it'd be fantastic. Pandora takes you to another planet. Dinoland takes you back in time. Prehistoric everything.

Unfortunately, there's no IP to tie it to (at least none worth using in my opinion), and they seem to need IP for everything. I guess Universal has dinos with a decent IP, but I've never been over there.

If they redo Dinoland, It'd be nice if they'd keep the Dinosaurs. It's a great concept for a land. They just don't do it justice with the attractions they have now. I mean, the energy ride had more detail than Dinosaur. If they did dinosaurs with the detail they did Pandora, it'd be fantastic. Pandora takes you to another planet. Dinoland takes you back in time. Prehistoric everything.

Unfortunately, there's no IP to tie it to (at least none worth using in my opinion), and they seem to need IP for everything. I guess Universal has dinos with a decent IP, but I've never been over there.

I always thought they could modify the area to be like the rest of the park and be a location, rather than a theme - but one where they have found dinosaur fosils and have that be part of it. Could do South America and then also cover the Rain Forest as an environment they don't really have elsewhere - could cover birds and snakes and stuff - other smaller animals that you can make work for an area that doesn't have direct access to the savanah and animal care areas

Spaceship Earth
Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur

Compare what we do have now though to 3 years ago: DHS will have opened 4 new headlines plus AS2 by spring, AK has Pandora which basically replaced nothing, and Epcot is getting Ratatouille by then. So there will be places for people to go as long as they wait for spring.

Plus they just did a ninja-like overnight surprise refurb on Living with the Land so we might see more of those.

Well, I'll stand alone on this.

I liked Dino land and I liked Primeval whirl. Sad to see this area of the park will most likely be closed when i'm there next May.

Oh well.

I sure hope Ratatouille and the railway ride are open by May...
You aren’t alone. I enjoy that area. It was great when our kids were young and they had the dig, boneyard playland, and triceratops when they didn’t have a ton of other things to do in AK because of their height (Dinosaur, kali, FOP, Everest all out). They still love it now and they are 5 and 7. I also don’t love the adds which are really not adding just upgrading. It seems like we will always have construction walls as part of our Disney vacations from here on out!

My son loves dinosaurs in general. He did not like the ride at all.

I also dont want to spend money at Disney on carnival games.

Spaceship Earth
Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur

That's what I'm thinking. We are headed there in January and can only afford to go every few years. Obviously looking forward to all the new stuff since the last time we went, but if this much stuff is closed down, it's definitely going to put a damper on things. I understand that you have to expect at least one major closure for a Disney trip - but this is a lot. Would have been nice if they could have spread them out.

Plus - Dinosaur and Big Thunder were both down when we were there in 2016. Not a fan of the idea of them being down again on our very next trip.

re you need to be to fully experience the show - so this would make it easier to take in things from further down Main St. Not sure if there are other areas they could project things on lik
Just got a NON-denial from Martin....this may have legs :D Then again, he may just be regretting saying some off hand stuff and getting caught at it ;)
Sometimes in my head I think of you as Martin just usually because his name is one of the first things you type in your posts 😂

Compare what we do have now though to 3 years ago: DHS will have opened 4 new headlines plus AS2 by spring, AK has Pandora which basically replaced nothing, and Epcot is getting Ratatouille by then. So there will be places for people to go as long as they wait for spring.

Plus they just did a ninja-like overnight surprise refurb on Living with the Land so we might see more of those.

That's what I'm thinking. We are headed there in January and can only afford to go every few years. Obviously looking forward to all the new stuff since the last time we went, but if this much stuff is closed down, it's definitely going to put a damper on things. I understand that you have to expect at least one major closure for a Disney trip - but this is a lot. Would have been nice if they could have spread them out.

Plus - Dinosaur and Big Thunder were both down when we were there in 2016. Not a fan of the idea of them being down again on our very next trip.

I hear ya, DisneyPrincess1984, I regret more and more my decision to go on February... I also can only go every few years and I´m afraid so many things are gonna close down before my visit next year and I wanted so much to ride Ratatouille, I love the movie!

Is this a new movie, too?

Based on what a remembered it seemed like some new scenes and some old ones - thewere were some bits about farming salt water tolerant crops near the sea that I didn't recall from the past, for example - but some were definitely there previously

Where is everyone getting the info that Dinosaur and Jungle Cruise will be closed in Feb? I've been searching around and can't find that anywhere but here - last year when we went we didn't make it to AK and I promised my son we'd do Dinosaur first thing this trip so I want to prepare him if it will be closed.

So with all the fall out of what was and what was not announced, just wanted to share some insider sharing....

per Martin and quite a few others at a few sites the following were still expected to be done, but just no locked timings:

Epcot -
Mary per Martin and others last they heard it was still a spinner, but maybe now there will be some extra plussing?
Brazil - was 50/50 to be announced, but still expected to go - I for one am losing faith
Imagination - per at least three sources there is a plan to redo Imagination, and it is a few years off. No details on what that means though in timing or design.

AK - still a long term plan to redo Dino land, but no green light

DHS - some swirl still on plans to redo RnRC
Black box attraction where VotLM is

WDW - rumors still flying you will see updates to Philharmagic, Orbiter, CoP and Buzz. JC is also a chance.

Net, from what I have read the plan was to be heavy EPCOT for WDW and then adds for DLR and foreign parks. So this met that target.

On the Disney Dish podcast this morning @lentesta suggested that something may be announced soon that will go outside the Berm at MK. It was said in the context of a conversation about the empty space southwest of the Pirates show building to the east of the canal, just north of the path to GF that they are building.

That area would currently be inaccessible from MK, but on WDWMagic Martin of MartinsVids has insinuated that the Jungle Cruise (which is in the way) May be in for a minor rerouting soon...

That’s my biggest complaint about the show. Attendance has grown so much that they need to make these shows watchable from everywhere in the park. Making the crowds all watch in front of the castle to get the full show was just a bad idea. That crowd is not pleasant and really detracts from the solid show. They really should be taking advantage of all the major open areas, even if it’s just projecting on other surfaces like the other 3 castles.

When we went to DL last September, we were able to watch the Firework projections from the Fantasmic river area. Projected onto water screens. It was the easiest thing ever since we had staked out our Fantasmic spot so early, being able to just hang out for the Fireworks as well was great! I feel like we maybe missed out on a little of the pyro action not being by the castle but otherwise it was great! I know that there is not a Fantasmic set up in MK but I agree that other locations for projections would be awesome.

So with all the fall out of what was and what was not announced, just wanted to share some insider sharing....

per Martin and quite a few others at a few sites the following were still expected to be done, but just no locked timings:

Epcot -
Mary per Martin and others last they heard it was still a spinner, but maybe now there will be some extra plussing?
Brazil - was 50/50 to be announced, but still expected to go - I for one am losing faith
Imagination - per at least three sources there is a plan to redo Imagination, and it is a few years off. No details on what that means though in timing or design.

AK - still a long term plan to redo Dino land, but no green light

DHS - some swirl still on plans to redo RnRC
Black box attraction where VotLM is

WDW - rumors still flying you will see updates to Philharmagic, Orbiter, CoP and Buzz. JC is also a chance.

Net, from what I have read the plan was to be heavy EPCOT for WDW and then adds for DLR and foreign parks. So this met that target.
In an absolutely strange straight forward and non-cryptic answer, I have seen the following from Martin at WDWMagic.com

SSE update to be completed by 2022, and update to Imagination would close shortly after in 2023 and be opened again in 2025

All of this is still NOT confirmed, as they may change their minds...but we at least have some dates

In an absolutely strange straight forward and non-cryptic answer, I have seen the following from Martin at WDWMagic.com

SSE update to be completed by 2022, and update to Imagination would close shortly after in 2023 and be opened again in 2025

All of this is still NOT confirmed, as they may change their minds...but we at least have some dates
Makes sense that they wouldn’t want to close both of those at the same time IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter