The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, this is fun, its Guess the IP Game ! :)

I LOVE Moana, new favorite movie for both my wife and I, but I can't see it in the parks anywhere, mostly because I can't see sequels for it ...

Gertie is very old Hollywood originating in 1914 animation. It was something that influenced Walt Disney. They could get rid of Hollywood and Vine but I think the lake is fine. Also another reason the lake is there is because it created the largest hidden Mickey at WDW.

Gertie the Dinosaur - Wikipedia

View attachment 283765
I still don’t get why there is a lake, surrounded by 6 or so Dining establishments...of which none have dining areas facing said lake.

Lol, this is fun, its Guess the IP Game ! :)

I LOVE Moana, new favorite movie for both my wife and I, but I can't see it in the parks anywhere, mostly because I can't see sequels for it ...
For starters, we can probably limit our guesses to IPs with movies in the pipeline needing promotion.

I still don’t get why there is a lake, surrounded by 6 or so Dining establishments...of which none have dining areas facing said lake.
DHS wouldn't really have a water feature then and it is part of the hidden mickey.

Couple things...

VisionarySoul on WDWMagic says the gondolas will have AC

Martin says AK and another WDW park are "fighting" over an IP to add to the parks.

Indy is still a good possibility for Animal Kingdom.

OC Register's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge "map" has the table service and cantina mixed up.

Interesting, as the VisionarySoul has a pretty good track record over on the wdwmagic boards. Also, he is the one that has recently reported on Indy to DAK is very much a strong possibility. Since Iger is clearly on the IP warpath, Indy is an IP I would like to see go to DAK as it would add variety to that park. I would definitely prefer it over Zootopia. However, another IP that would fit wonderfully with that park is The Junglebook. A nice long, cool darkride in the hottest park on the planet would do wonders and one based off of the Junglebook would be fantastic.

Interesting, as the VisionarySoul has a pretty good track record over on the wdwmagic boards. Also, he is the one that has recently reported on Indy to DAK is very much a strong possibility. Since Iger is clearly on the IP warpath, Indy is an IP I would like to see go to DAK as it would add variety to that park. I would definitely prefer it over Zootopia. However, another IP that would fit wonderfully with that park is The Junglebook. A nice long, cool darkride in the hottest park on the planet would do wonders and one based off of the Junglebook would be fantastic.
I would love a Jungle Book or Lion King ride.

I have been wanting a Lion King ride for far too long. I have a strange feeling the IP is Tarzan and its between Adventureland and Animal Kingdom thinking about the new ride system.

Had not thought about Tarzan. I wonder if a Tarzan ride could utilize the technology in the patent someone found for that swing-based ride made to simulate Spiderman swinging through a city. I suppose you could use the same tech for a Tarzan type ride?

Something else I am wondering about are comments Joe Rohde made when visiting Shanghai Disneyland. He LOVED the discovery trails in that park, especially the elevated rope bridges. It wouldn't surprise me if in a future expansion at DAK those types of trails and rope bridges would make their way into that park.

Had not thought about Tarzan. I wonder if a Tarzan ride could utilize the technology in the patent someone found for that swing-based ride made to simulate Spiderman swinging through a city. I suppose you could use the same tech for a Tarzan type ride?

Something else I am wondering about are comments Joe Rohde made when visiting Shanghai Disneyland. He LOVED the discovery trails in that park, especially the elevated rope bridges. It wouldn't surprise me if in a future expansion at DAK those types of trails and rope bridges would make their way into that park.
It would be hard with rules and regulations to have a ropes course like that here.

It would be hard with rules and regulations to have a ropes course like that here.
Having seen the discovery trails in Shanghai (apparently we were there only a couple of days after Joe) our group said the same thing Ryan.

DSC_0136
by jalves_02360, on Flickr

DSC_0135
by jalves_02360, on Flickr

Last edited:

well, there are tons of ropes courses in the US - a mall near us has a 4 story one - and they have 2 versions, one for adults and one for little kids ... so they could do it but it wouldn't be as "extreme" as the Shanghai one and might require signing a waver or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter