The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the two mixed up then. Hogsmeade was over 200 and Diagon was more. My apologies.

You don't have to apologize for not knowing EVERYTHING. You do good work here! The reason it stuck to me (I still had to check) was because some stuckup butthead server at Bice (which is typically great, and the food always is) was telling me how much DA was going to cost and that people just couldn't understand how much money that was...ok, dude...bring me some tuna tartar and stop pontificating, lol.

You don't have to apologize for not knowing EVERYTHING. You do good work here! The reason it stuck to me (I still had to check) was because some stuckup butthead server at Bice (which is typically great, and the food always is) was telling me how much DA was going to cost and that people just couldn't understand how much money that was...ok, dude...bring me some tuna tartar and stop pontificating, lol.
Lol. It’s just always interesting to compare how an incredible themed area can cost one company less than it cost another company to do so. I think Potter is the best comparison we have to the newer Disney lands.

The Frozen Sing-a-long is pretty good. The villagers that host it are quite funny and they fit in a few jokes that are definitely more aimed at the parents than the kids

One of these days I'll convince my son to go see it. But for now he's still rather contrary about Frozen.

I almost wonder if there would be a possibility of an expansion of the Seas to put in Crush's Coaster. It would be a good beginners coaster for kids and it would still be in that mild attractions area.

Crush’s Coaster isn’t a beginners coaster. With the spinning it’s pretty wild.

Guess we just hold @rteetz to a different standard ;)

I could not agree with this more. Especially when you look at the rumors of Inside Out going to Imagination I think this is a very good setup of the area. I almost wonder if there would be a possibility of an expansion of the Seas to put in Crush's Coaster. It would be a good beginners coaster for kids and it would still be in that mild attractions area.

I know you’re just speculating and not stating anything as fact, but oh my gosh, that would be beyond awesome! They need to get on this, STAT!

I know you’re just speculating and not stating anything as fact, but oh my gosh, that would be beyond awesome! They need to get on this, STAT!
I'm just hopeful for it, but I doubt they will do it. My only source of hope is the recent developments that have shown up on that side for a new large structure. Fingers crossed!

Way, way, way too juicy to pass up.

From Magic Feather over at WDWMagic.com:
It was between Tomorrowland and Frontierland for the 50th job, and TL won. I don't expect a major Fantasy Land anything in Orl anytime soon, barring a new opportunity TWDC just can't pass up.
As for DL, expect SWL for the west side (duh), more infrastructure stuff ala Big Thunder Trail on that side, with that being it. TDA has kicked a needed Tomorrowland refresh for ages, and they just keep kicking it down. As of recent, next up for DL was Fantasyland, but it seems that, while it will still be involved, the next DL project is less centered on Fantasy.
I'm feeling on a roll, so while we are at it...
EPCOT: FW getting bulk of things. Communicore changes yet again. The Seas will become the "Pavillion on a hill" or the hive of scum and villainy Galaxy's Edge was intended to be. God knows what's going on with imagination. No, Groot will not be taking over the Land Pavillion, and don't even bother with Wonders of Life for the next decade, because Disney barely is either. As for WS, just cranking out Coco, UK, Rat, Brazil (And Friends?).
HS: TSL, SWL, Shows going to that great big theater in the sky, the Muppets are staying for a while: deal with it, Star Tours isn't long for this Galaxy: deal with it, and Fantasmic -1.0 will be here a while. Also, Christmas Echo Lake will be great. Sunset... Meh. Oh, and two of the best rides to ever come out of Imagineering IMO.
AK: Don't Cry for me Anandapur, yes a potential Avatar expansion exists and no I do not expect it to happen. Rivers of Light is in one day and out the next with management, but it has been serving its purpose, leading to a resounding "Why Bother?" In management.
DCA: Marvel is a mess. Pixar is a mess. Runaway is a mess. Expansion is a mess. Halloween in great.

And now cryptic stuff that could apply anywhere domestically:
Winter is Coming... Eventually
Let's All Sing Like... Who?
33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
Can you tell me how to get to Seaworld?
New York
I didn't Nintend to Infringe on your Ship
Needs More Cowbell
Key take aways - TL got the revamp and the money originally planned for Frontier land went for that.

Epcot - per here and later in another thread - UK addition IS green lit, and Coco in Mexican Pavilion is just there, or done. Also looks like Brazil as we thought is a done deal as well.
I have no idea WHAT to make of Seas in Epcot, had heard it was getting something, but this sounds like a full change over??? I also don't think didley gets done on Imagination, sounds like they can't decide what to do. Just a slight hint to another Pavilion in WS

HS - Star tours not being around long is new news - expectation was it would hang around for a year or more as SW:GE opened. Maybe not now.
Fantasmic is staying as is...that is a bit sad. No new updated shows either...also a shame.

Now for the cryptic stuff at the bottom...
Some of these are directed at Universal, he stated that later in the same thread. Honestly...not sure what to make of much of it. Other than I assume the Winter is coming is Frozen, and 33 upcharges is the coming 33 clubs

Key take aways - TL got the revamp and the money originally planned for Frontier land went for that.

Epcot - per here and later in another thread - UK addition IS green lit, and Coco in Mexican Pavilion is just there, or done. Also looks like Brazil as we thought is a done deal as well.
I have no idea WHAT to make of Seas in Epcot, had heard it was getting something, but this sounds like a full change over??? I also don't think didley gets done on Imagination, sounds like they can't decide what to do. Just a slight hint to another Pavilion in WS

HS - Star tours not being around long is new news - expectation was it would hang around for a year or more as SW:GE opened. Maybe not now.
Fantasmic is staying as is...that is a bit sad. No new updated shows either...also a shame.

Some of these are directed at Universal, he stated that later in the same thread. Honestly...not sure what to make of much of it. Other than I assume the Winter is coming is Frozen, and 33 upcharges is the coming 33 clubs

Thanks for tons of rumor info! I believe the not so secret mention is referring to The secret life of pets but I could be tottaly wrong.

Thanks for that ... definitely the most intriguing is the note about The Seas becoming "the "Pavillion on a hill" or the hive of scum and villainy Galaxy's Edge was intended to be." ... so does that mean Star Wars in more than one park? That would be news

as to the other stuff, I am sure it can be read many, many ways ... for exampl,e I thought "Winter is Coming" was a reference to Game of Thrones .... "New York" and "Needs More Cowbell" is interesting as both make me think some sort of Saturday Night Live attraction would come to Universal

Winter is Coming... Eventually
Let's All Sing Like... Who?
33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
Can you tell me how to get to Seaworld?
New York
I didn't Nintend to Infringe on your Ship
Needs More Cowbell/QUOTE]

Let's All Sing Like... Who?- Assume this is a Tiki Room change reference. If IP based? Moana

The Not So Suite Life- Zach and Cody were my now 18 yo's generation??? Have no idea other than more rooms converted to DVC or the new Swolphin area hotel is all suites. Or reference to Disney is dropping the value segment for redevelopment into more upscale properties and the gondolas to value properties weren't so random after all.

The Not So Secret Life- Is Cirque going to be home to a comedy illusionist? Or will Britian have a comedy illusionist show in reference to Alan Hudson?

I'm guessing Nintend will be Nintendo at Sea a la DCL and Marvel. Or US is moving into the cruise segment.

Can we combine New York and More Cowbell into the new Swolphin area hotel will be New York themed with a sketch comedy show? Or alternating shows in the Cirque theater between a comedy illusionist and a sketch comedy troupe?

Likewise, let's combine Find your Way Black and Can you tell me how to get to Seaworld? To mean Blackfish has killed SeaWorld and who is going to buy it? Aquatic themed 5th gate? DisneySEA Fla?

Another crazy thought Suite Life had the character London. New York is mentioned. Since France is pretty much Paris are there going to be London and NYC showcases? But that does double down on GB unless with the ride addition GB is re-themed to London. Or maybe a DVC in NYC.

Last edited:

I am really starting to wonder how much Disney is putting into pre and post 50th anniversary projects. With all of these projects rumored with the ones announced it seems as though Disney is really looking to nearly double the size of what they already have just by refurbing and having random additions. It seems as though they have saved a lot of ideas for this giant expansion of WDW

Take this with a grain of salt as it is just from a cast member in Walt Disney Presents (it's gonna take a while to get used to that) but one of the CMs working by the model answering questions confirmed for me that Pixar Place will indeed be sealed off and made into a backstage area. Again this could change or be incorrect as it was just a CM but that is what I have been told

Take this with a grain of salt as it is just from a cast member in Walt Disney Presents (it's gonna take a while to get used to that) but one of the CMs working by the model answering questions confirmed for me that Pixar Place will indeed be sealed off and made into a backstage area. Again this could change or be incorrect as it was just a CM but that is what I have been told
That is correct. It will serve no purpose when the land opens.

That is correct. It will serve no purpose when the land opens.

certainly serves no purpose as is, though did see some speculating that perhaps it could be incorporated into Star Wars Galaxy's Edge from the other direction

Hi all,

Just returned from a not so magical trip to WDW (no fault of Disney). Anyways, not returning until April of 2021 (1,270 days...) - I promised I'd go to a few other places before going back, next year is Washington D.C - yay? :D

Anyways, my name is Andrea and I will be happily watching this thread to pass the time and see what's coming for my next trip!

Won't have much to add for the time being, but will chime in now and then with some sort of chatter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter