THE RETURN of THE WHATLEYS MAY 21-30. Our trip is done, now time for the TR :(

:cheer2: Just had to come over here and say, "ROLL TIDE ROLL"!!!!!!! :cheer2:
Man, I was hoping Auburn would win! That was close, though!

That is funny Brandi. It is nice to have friendly rivalries. I know a couple of doctors that graduated from LSU and it is funny when we all get together. I work with one nurse whose husband graduated from Auburn and another one who graduted from Miss. State herself. It can get sticky on Iron Bowl day because we can wear a team jersey if we bring in a canned good, when you look around all you see is orange and blue or crimson and white. I think it is pretty evenly divided.

Watching the LSU vs. Arkansas game now. I LOVE the helmets LSU is wearing.

Really? I hated the helmets and uniforms in general in that game! DH said they were required to wear them b/c Nike bought all of their uniforms this year and it was something special they wanted for them? I did not like them at all. Oh well!

Ready for the Saints game tomorrow now!!:cheer2:

Good evening Dana. We watched that LSU/AR game too. It was not a happy ending at Sandi's house. I did get Sandi a really cute AR shirt to make up for the loss.

Hope your appt. goes well tomorrow. Be sure to let us know. Back to work for me. We had such a good weekend. I left my computer at home so had to use Alex's when he would let me. Nothing like an 11 year old.

Ginny

I'm sure she will appreciate the shirt more than she would have a win by Arkansas. I love that Amanda is getting into football now. It use to be just Dale and I watching the games, now she gets into it with us :banana::cheer2:.

I will keep everyone posted as to what I find out tomorrow. My leg has been REALLY hurting today, even the pain meds haven't done much good. I know what you mean about 11 yos and computers. Dale and Dallas share one and it takes an act of Congress for Dale to get the computer from Dallas.......:lmao:.

Man, I was hoping Auburn would win! That was close, though!

That is funny Brandi. It is nice to have friendly rivalries. I know a couple of doctors that graduated from LSU and it is funny when we all get together. I work with one nurse whose husband graduated from Auburn and another one who graduted from Miss. State herself. It can get sticky on Iron Bowl day because we can wear a team jersey if we bring in a canned good, when you look around all you see is orange and blue or crimson and white. I think it is pretty evenly divided.

Watching the LSU vs. Arkansas game now. I LOVE the helmets LSU is wearing.

Really? I hated the helmets and uniforms in general in that game! DH said they were required to wear them b/c Nike bought all of their uniforms this year and it was something special they wanted for them? I did not like them at all. Oh well!

Ready for the Saints game tomorrow now!!:cheer2:

Of course I'm glad Auburn lost :cheer2:.

Oh no you hated the helmets? I thought they were really cool. I didn't care for the uniform, but I liked the gold helmets. Dale mentioned the deal with Nike too.

I'm ready for the Saints game too. I have been a Saints fan for as long as I can remember. I wore my black and gold when everyone else was wearing their bags :rotfl2:. I met Jim Mora at the Senior Bowl one year and he was such a JERK. I'm glad he is out of football totally. I hope we will see the Saints in the Super Bowl this season. I think our time has come :cheer2::dance3:.

I have always been a fan, too. So has DH, which is nice. But, DH was also a HUGE Tony Dorset fan and we ran into him, literally, at the Riverwalk in New Orleans a few years back- Dh just about pee'd on himself:)
But, I have liked Drew Brees since he was in college and am SO glad he's here. Oh, and the Saints Training Camp came to our school right before T-Day break and it was so cool. There weren't any current players there of course, but the Beer Man- Lewis- was there to help and the kids had the best time. So, here's hoping a big WIN tonight- GEAUX SAINTS!

I have always been a fan, too. So has DH, which is nice. But, DH was also a HUGE Tony Dorset fan and we ran into him, literally, at the Riverwalk in New Orleans a few years back- Dh just about pee'd on himself:)
But, I have liked Drew Brees since he was in college and am SO glad he's here. Oh, and the Saints Training Camp came to our school right before T-Day break and it was so cool. There weren't any current players there of course, but the Beer Man- Lewis- was there to help and the kids had the best time. So, here's hoping a big WIN tonight- GEAUX SAINTS!

We are so nervous right now :scared:. I hope the Saints open up a big ole can of whip butt. I can't stand Tom Brady! I bet the kids had a great time. We haven't been to a Saints game since before Katrina. That money goes toward our Disney trips now. That is too funny about your DH :lmao:

GEAUX SAINTS

Just a quick update about my leg. I don't know much more that I did yesterday really. The doctor said he doesn't think I have a total rupture because there wasn't a gap in the muscle. He said I would have to get an MRI to be sure I didn't need surgery, but we have to wait and get an approval from BCBS before they can do the MRI. The pictures below are of the immobilizer/splint I have to wear for the next 6 weeks. I have to sleep in this thing too and I swear it weighs a ton :eek:.

MYFOOT1.jpg

MYFOOT.jpg

Hope you get your MRI so your diagnosis will be more accurate. We haven't had any issues with BCBS. I hope you don't either.

Try not to get too bothered by the immobilizer. The time will pass by quickly. We will be praying for you!! :hug:

Uggh! So sorry Dana! I pray that you will receive answers soon! Oh--and your Saints are putting a beat down on the Patriots! I get so sick of the Patriots winning all the time! So Geaux Saints!! :goodvibes

:woohoo::woohoo:GEAUX SAINTS!!:woohoo::woohoo:
11-0 BABY!!!
I hope you were being a good girl and not jumping around on that leg too much!!!
I hope the drs ofc is able to get your approval and MRI set up quickly...when I worked for the orthos we would set up an appt and get approval by the next day for cases such as your (the girl who did dictation would get sooo mad--she would have to stop the dr she was working on and do that patient so we could send BCBS the info;) )...
SIX weeks is not too bad...and just think the muscle tone you will build
(trying to find the good side:rolleyes: )
:wave2: :hug: hang in there!

Hope you get your MRI so your diagnosis will be more accurate. We haven't had any issues with BCBS. I hope you don't either.

Try not to get too bothered by the immobilizer. The time will pass by quickly. We will be praying for you!! :hug:

It surprised me when Dr Daugherty said they had to get the approval from BCBS. I have never had to get an approval before. Now I have to talk myself into the MRI. I hope they can put me in feet first because I have a bad case of claustrophobia too :scared:.

Thank you Leanne, I need all the prayers I can get :love:. How is Josie? I bet she is running around like she was never sick.

Uggh! So sorry Dana! I pray that you will receive answers soon! Oh--and your Saints are putting a beat down on the Patriots! I get so sick of the Patriots winning all the time! So Geaux Saints!! :goodvibes

Thank you Becky :hug:. I know God has a reason for everything and this may be His way of teaching me patients. One virtue I do not possess.

I can't believe how good the Saints are this year. WOW, I think they are Super Bowl bound.

:woohoo::woohoo:GEAUX SAINTS!!:woohoo::woohoo:
11-0 BABY!!!
I hope you were being a good girl and not jumping around on that leg too much!!!
I hope the drs ofc is able to get your approval and MRI set up quickly...when I worked for the orthos we would set up an appt and get approval by the next day for cases such as your (the girl who did dictation would get sooo mad--she would have to stop the dr she was working on and do that patient so we could send BCBS the info;) )...
SIX weeks is not too bad...and just think the muscle tone you will build
(trying to find the good side:rolleyes: )
:wave2: :hug: hang in there!

LOL...Connie you are a mess. I didn't jump around, but I sure was yelling loudly. Dallas came running into the living room, poor baby thought I had hurt my leg again.
I have never had to get pre-approved before, that kinda surprised me. It would be great if they would do an open MRI. Six weeks isn't too bad, except when I think it will be 2010 before I can go back to work :scared1:. The problem with the muscle tone is it won't be bilateral :lmao:. Maybe they will call me in the morning about the MRI. I hope it is Thursday because that is the only day Amanda can take me and I can't go by myself, the parking at the hospital and orthos office is horrible at best.

It is a rainy day here today and it looks cold outside, it is for us because it is 47. I wish it would drop down lower so we could get some snow. The Christmas show "The Year Without a Santa Claus" always comes to mind when I think about it snowing here. The part where Heat Miser and Snow Miser are singing.

This is it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yon2YuXssvo

I finished up my Christmas shopping last night online. We just got Amanda and Tyler a few things for under the tree because we are giving them money.

Below is the list of stuff the kids are getting. Give me ya'll's opinion. Do you think I should get them more? Can ya'll tell cabin fever is already setting in....:lmao:

Dallas' list
New Super Mario game for Wii
Bakugan game for his DS
DVD player
Up DVD
Custom Robo for Wii
several packs of Bakugan action figures
Bakusphere
This just doesn't seem like much.

Tyler
An electric razor
Axe gift set
MP3 player
a couple of shirts
boxers-----hehehe
tee shirts
and money

Amanda
Tink pjs
snuggie
new robe
new cell phone
and money

The lists seem so short to me.

Of course we will put some little things in their stockings. Any ideas of some stocking stuffers? I am open to any ideas about gifts to add too.

I'm starting to get a little depressed knowing I will not be able to go to the mall and see the Christmas decorations :sad1:. I always look forward to that.
I hate being blah.

Good morning Dana. Wallow for about an hour and then snap out of it. I of course wallowed for about 8 months. There is always another option out there. Your Christmas lists sound good to me. I was going to get everyone passports this year but then Andrew wanted a computer and Austin wanted an I phone and the girls wanted those keurig coffee makers and Alex wants an X-box so there went my plan. Everything is bought but the x-box. I asked Sandi everyday we were at her house and she kept saying he couldn't have one and on the last night around midnight it's ok? So now I will buy online and have it shipped to him. I have no idea about Mike. Tim gets a gc to Dillards. He is a clothes horse. He takes up 3 closets in their house and Sandi has one. I bet he has 25 pair of dress shoes.

I bet you could rent a wheelchair cheaply and make a mall trip. I know when Sheri needed one it was only $45 a month. Heck I took her to Chicago for 3 days so Austin could play in a video game tournement. I wheeled her all over the aqauarium and downtown Chicago. We had a blast.

Sorry you are feeling blah Dana. :sad2: I think your list looks just fine. As the kids get older the price of the things they need/want goes up. I know games are usually $30-$50 each. You might put some gift cards to their favorite fast food place in their stockings or a card to buy music online. Mine are getting i-tunes gift cards in their stockings-all three of my kids. :)

I keep re-thinking my list. I just called my brother and asked him if he wanted my other Zhu Zhu pet stuff. I"ve now decided they both don't need separate playhouses with accessories, they can share the one town. I might change my mind 30 seconds from now but for now that's my decision. :rotfl: I don't want to go overboard because I don't want them thinking they are entitled. It's such a fine line you know? :confused3

I hope you don't think I was being mean to you. You have every right to wallow as long as you want. But you missy, know it doesn't make you feel better. Just makes you feel down. Love you bunches and pray it works well for you.

Ginny :flower3:

Lord have mercy! I have missed quite a bit since we left to go out of town. I am so very very sorry to hear about your leg injury. I sure hope that you will just have to wear the ugly cumbersome brace because that's much better than having surgery.

Your Christmas list looks good to me. I ALWAYS...repeat....ALWAYS get my kids waaaaay too much for Christmas. I just keep thinking "one more thing".

Good morning Dana. Wallow for about an hour and then snap out of it. I of course wallowed for about 8 months. There is always another option out there. Your Christmas lists sound good to me. I was going to get everyone passports this year but then Andrew wanted a computer and Austin wanted an I phone and the girls wanted those keurig coffee makers and Alex wants an X-box so there went my plan. Everything is bought but the x-box. I asked Sandi everyday we were at her house and she kept saying he couldn't have one and on the last night around midnight it's ok? So now I will buy online and have it shipped to him. I have no idea about Mike. Tim gets a gc to Dillards. He is a clothes horse. He takes up 3 closets in their house and Sandi has one. I bet he has 25 pair of dress shoes.

I bet you could rent a wheelchair cheaply and make a mall trip. I know when Sheri needed one it was only $45 a month. Heck I took her to Chicago for 3 days so Austin could play in a video game tournement. I wheeled her all over the aqauarium and downtown Chicago. We had a blast.

Hey Ginny. I hate feeling this way. I guess it is knowing I am gonna be bummed up at Christmas. It'll get better. I always second guess myself on my Christmas list. Dale wants a mini Alabama football helmet. I will have to get Amanda to pick one up next time she goes to the mall. I already have the Disney rolling cooler for him and he needs a new pair of Reebok's. He is hard to buy shoes for because he wears a size 13 wide :scared1:.

My Mom has a wheelchair and I might just borrow hers. It is easy to go to Walmart and Sam's club because they have the ECVs. You should have seen me last Saturday trying to navigate that thing around :lmao:. They need to put a horn on it for people like me who have no idea what they are doing :scared1:.

Sorry you are feeling blah Dana. :sad2: I think your list looks just fine. As the kids get older the price of the things they need/want goes up. I know games are usually $30-$50 each. You might put some gift cards to their favorite fast food place in their stockings or a card to buy music online. Mine are getting i-tunes gift cards in their stockings-all three of my kids. :)

I keep re-thinking my list. I just called my brother and asked him if he wanted my other Zhu Zhu pet stuff. I"ve now decided they both don't need separate playhouses with accessories, they can share the one town. I might change my mind 30 seconds from now but for now that's my decision. :rotfl: I don't want to go overboard because I don't want them thinking they are entitled. It's such a fine line you know? :confused3

Thanks Leanne. I know the blahs will pass soon. I just have to get use to getting around. You are right about the games. The 3 I got for Dallas was about $100, it would have been more, but the Custom Robo game came out a few years ago for the Game Cube and they only had used copies.

Good idea about the food cards :idea:. I still have to get Amanda's boyfriend something, last year we got him a food card to Subway. The boy loves Subway. I was thinking maybe Chili's or Applebee's this year so he and Amanda can go out to dinner one night. I think I will get a couple of i-tune cards for Amanda and Tyler too. Amanda has an I-pod we got her a couple of years ago and since we are giving Tyler one this year he will need to add some songs. Great ideas Leanne, thanks.

I know what you mean about kids feeling entitled. I have ruined Dallas and I know it :guilty:. Growing up I didn't have a lot of what I wanted, I had everything I needed though. When Amanda and Tyler were little I was in college and money was tight then too. Dallas has pretty much anything he wants. Sad I know.

I hope you don't think I was being mean to you. You have every right to wallow as long as you want. But you missy, know it doesn't make you feel better. Just makes you feel down. Love you bunches and pray it works well for you.

Ginny :flower3:

I didn't think you were being mean. You don't have a mean bone in your body. I know it doesn't do any good. I remember a commercial from several years back about worry. It was something about a rocking chair and worry are alike, they both give you something to do, but neither will get you anywhere. It goes something like that.....lol.

I'm glad I have friends who are honest. Sometimes it takes someone else to make you realize things aren't as bad as they may seem :hug:.

Hi! Dana :sunny:
same weather here...but, like I said on my thread...typical December weather...I would love snow but only after Danny gets back on this side of the lake...last year he almost did not make it (he said he was going to take a dump truck home w/a load of sand if his pickup would not make it :rotfl2: )
CRAZY!! thank goodness he made it --he had brought home a welding machine to use a house generator...

I think your list for the older kids look great and I really liked Leanne's idea about the GC's; I do that for Gwendolyn & Dayne every year along w/GC's to the local theatres. Dallas' list is great too! GC's for his favorite places would be fun (does he have a wallet, yet?!?) my sister's youngest (right around his age) gets a new wallet every year filled with $10 GC's she thinks it just the best thing in the world...

I get so bad about picking up odds and ends for stocking stuffers that they end up with new toothbrushes:rotfl2: (I know that's bad), gum, candy, bubble bath (but, Gwendolyn is selling Avon this year--so, I guess she will be doing the lotions and bubble baths this year:rolleyes1 )

maybe try watching the family channel or hallmark channel "Christmas movies" might help your spirits...

:wave2: Connie

Thank you for being kind to me and my comment. I know when I was so down I did need someone to tell me to snap out of it. After I got mad, I got better. It was the push I needed.

OK, here is the vision I had when you said you would borrow your mom's ECV. You are so ready to take on the WORLD

Types_HeavyDutyPrideMaxima.jpg

You and all those others at the world saying 'beep beep'. I'll send out the warnings.

Hi Dana
Oh man, six weeks that is pain in the booty. At least it is not right before your trip. I hope BCBS approves the MRI-like Leanne said we have also had good luck with them.
Lists look good. I love me some Subway! As for spoioling them "it's not what you give them, it's how you raise them" I am sure he appreciates all he has. Hang in there.

Lord have mercy! I have missed quite a bit since we left to go out of town. I am so very very sorry to hear about your leg injury. I sure hope that you will just have to wear the ugly cumbersome brace because that's much better than having surgery.

Your Christmas list looks good to me. I ALWAYS...repeat....ALWAYS get my kids waaaaay too much for Christmas. I just keep thinking "one more thing".

Thank you Lisa. Don't ever let anyone tell you housework isn't dangerous :lmao: My doctor seemed positive about me not needing surgery, but he said he couldn't totally rule it out until I have the MRI. I'm praying I won't have to have it. I don't worry about the surgery itself, I worry about the anesthesia. I know you have heard of people appearing to be asleep, but they are really awake :scared1:. That scares me. Dale's younger brother Danny is a nurse and he actually took care of a patient that happened to. He said she was able to tell them what they talked about during the surgery and she felt EVERYTHING :scared1:.

I'm glad my list looks good. I have got to get all the paper work together to get my Aflac started and I don't know how long that will take. And I have just about tapped out my Christmas funds........:lmao:.

I thought I would throw some purple and gold in here for you, Connie and Brandi ;).

Hi! Dana :sunny:
same weather here...but, like I said on my thread...typical December weather...I would love snow but only after Danny gets back on this side of the lake...last year he almost did not make it (he said he was going to take a dump truck home w/a load of sand if his pickup would not make it :rotfl2: )
CRAZY!! thank goodness he made it --he had brought home a welding machine to use a house generator...

I think your list for the older kids look great and I really liked Leanne's idea about the GC's; I do that for Gwendolyn & Dayne every year along w/GC's to the local theatres. Dallas' list is great too! GC's for his favorite places would be fun (does he have a wallet, yet?!?) my sister's youngest (right around his age) gets a new wallet every year filled with $10 GC's she thinks it just the best thing in the world...

I get so bad about picking up odds and ends for stocking stuffers that they end up with new toothbrushes:rotfl2: (I know that's bad), gum, candy, bubble bath (but, Gwendolyn is selling Avon this year--so, I guess she will be doing the lotions and bubble baths this year:rolleyes1 )

maybe try watching the family channel or hallmark channel "Christmas movies" might help your spirits...

:wave2: Connie

The weather was nasty all day long. I think it is still raining. I say I wish it would snow, but I'm like you I would want Dale and Amanda to be home. It has actually warmed up some since this morning.

I think I will start picking up a couple of gift cards for each of them for the next few weeks. Dallas does have a wallet, but he always makes me carry his money, he is scared he will lose it. When Amanda asked me what I wanted for Christmas I honestly couldn't think of anything, so I told her to get me a Disney gift card. I like that I can use it at the parks for anything and can reload it any time. I usually put the same things in their stockings as you do........lol.

I know my mood will improve in a day or two. I did DVR a couple of Christmas programs that I will watch tomorrow.

Thank you for being kind to me and my comment. I know when I was so down I did need someone to tell me to snap out of it. After I got mad, I got better. It was the push I needed.

OK, here is the vision I had when you said you would borrow your mom's ECV. You are so ready to take on the WORLD

Types_HeavyDutyPrideMaxima.jpg

You and all those others at the world saying 'beep beep'. I'll send out the warnings.

You are so right about needing someone to tell you to snap out of it. It does help put things back in the right light. I shouldn't be complaining at all, I could have messed myself up even worse. I called Aflac today and I am trying to strengthen my leg so I can jump through all the hoops with this brace on :lmao:. It isn't quite as simple as the duck makes it sound.

About the ECVs, if you ride on one from Sam's or Walmart those babies will turn on a dime. No backing up and moving forward to get out of a tight aisle, you just spin the handle bars around and you will turn on the spot :lmao:. Oh and they do have the beep, beep, beep sound when you back up.

Hi Dana
Oh man, six weeks that is pain in the booty. At least it is not right before your trip. I hope BCBS approves the MRI-like Leanne said we have also had good luck with them.
Lists look good. I love me some Subway! As for spoioling them "it's not what you give them, it's how you raise them" I am sure he appreciates all he has. Hang in there.

Hey Mary. Six weeks IS a long time. I just hope 6 weeks is all it takes. I didn't hear from the doctor's office yesterday so I am going to call them today and see if they have contacted BCBS. I don't what them to just let it slid and then find out I need surgery. If I need it I want to get it over with so I can recuperate and get back to work.

I think we are done with the shopping for the kids. I may pick up a couple more Bakugan for Dallas. They aren't bad on prices, they range from around $5 to $40. I do have pretty good kids if I say so myself. Dallas has a heart as big as all outdoors, as does Tyler, but he tries not to let it show. Amanda is very practical, she is my level headed child. I don't know where she got that from.....:lmao:

I MUST SAY HOW BLESSED AND PRIVILEGED I FEEL TO HAVE SUCH WONDERFUL LADIES AS MY FRIENDS. GOD HAS TRULY SMILED DOWN ON ME. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND FOR YOUR PRAYERS. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter