THE RETURN of THE WHATLEYS MAY 21-30. Our trip is done, now time for the TR :(

I think I mentioned, in a previous post, that I had fallen in my yard 10 days ago? Well, today I was making up my bed, getting ready to cook our Thanksgiving meal and I felt a sharp pop in my leg. It felt like a really bad Charlie horse. I sat down and the pain eased up some, when I tried to walk I let out a scream that scared poor Dallas half to death. He and Niko came running into my room :scared1:. Dallas helped me make it to the couch and I called Dale. Amanda came home early today so she took me to the ER. I had an ultra sound to make sure it wasn't a blood clot, but as soon as the doctor examined me he told me what it was. Now, I am off my leg for who know how long? He put a splint and ace wrap on my leg and gave me tylox and 800mg motrin for pain. I have an appointment Monday with an orthopedic surgeon :scared:.

My lovely leggings..........:lmao:
achillestendonrupture.jpg

When I read up on a ruptured achilles tendon, mine is called a partial or incomplete rupture, it says they may cast it and then I will have to wear the cast for 6-10 weeks while the tendon reattaches :sad1:. If they have to do surgery it may not be as long just 6-8 weeks. I'm glad I have Aflac. I don't know how I am going to finish my Christmas shopping though.

Amanda and Tyler are going to cook Thanksgiving dinner for me tomorrow.

Oh no, poor you! I hope you are not in to much pain. I hope that you dp not have to have surgery! Glad the kiddos are helping you by cooking. Hang in there.

Great ADR's. We will be at O'Hana at the same time! Hopefully we will be seated close to eachother!! Maybe the ladies should meet for a pre dinner beverage.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I was so happy to get all my ADRs. I think the ladies meeting for a "pre dinner beverage" is a wonderful idea :thumbsup2.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Great ADR's. We will be at O'Hana at the same time! Hopefully we will be seated close to eachother!! Maybe the ladies should meet for a pre dinner beverage.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Oh no, poor you! I hope you are not in to much pain. I hope that you dp not have to have surgery! Glad the kiddos are helping you by cooking. Hang in there.

Thank you Mary. I knew something wasn't right when it happened because my leg felt funny, now it just hurts like Hades. I hope I don't have to have surgery either. You know they say nurses and doctors make the worst patients? Well, it is because we KNOW too much :eek:. I think Amand and Tyler will do pretty good cooking.

Great ADR's Dana! So excited to see you at Ohana. :woohoo: Sorry to hear about your achiles though. That sounds pretty painful. I hope you are on the mend soon. Take care of yourself and keep us updated!

Dana, I'm so sorry about your leg. Of course timing sucks.

I wanted to wish you and your precious family a wonderful Thanksgiving and have a wonderful weekend inspite of those nasty crutches.

In 1985 I fell and broke my leg in two places and the ankle. After screws and plates and 8 months on crutches and no weight bearing I got promoted to a cane. Exactly one year later I got rid of the cane. That was one long year. I was lucky as it was my left leg so I could drive. Showers sucked and we had a waterbed. I was 35 at the time. Now 3 years ago when Sheri was 35 she fell in her drive and broke her leg and now has a titanium rod from knee to ankle. We are two peas in a pod for sure.

Now back to you. I hope it is not a long recovery cause that is no way to have to spend the best time of the year and miss out on Christmas shopping. I guess that is why they have the internet.

Best wishes to you and have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Ginny

Great ADR's Dana! So excited to see you at Ohana. :woohoo: Sorry to hear about your achiles though. That sounds pretty painful. I hope you are on the mend soon. Take care of yourself and keep us updated!

I'm glad I got all my ADRs too. Maybe they can seat us near ya'll. That would be fun :thumbsup2. I like Mary's idea of us ladies meeting up for a pre dinner beverage. I seem like going to the ER around this time of year......:lmao:. I will keep everyone posted. I wish I could have gotten in to see the doctor tomorrow instead of having to wait until Monday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Dana, I'm so sorry about your leg. Of course timing sucks.

I wanted to wish you and your precious family a wonderful Thanksgiving and have a wonderful weekend inspite of those nasty crutches.

In 1985 I fell and broke my leg in two places and the ankle. After screws and plates and 8 months on crutches and no weight bearing I got promoted to a cane. Exactly one year later I got rid of the cane. That was one long year. I was lucky as it was my left leg so I could drive. Showers sucked and we had a waterbed. I was 35 at the time. Now 3 years ago when Sheri was 35 she fell in her drive and broke her leg and now has a titanium rod from knee to ankle. We are two peas in a pod for sure.

Now back to you. I hope it is not a long recovery cause that is no way to have to spend the best time of the year and miss out on Christmas shopping. I guess that is why they have the internet.

Best wishes to you and have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Ginny

Thank you Ginny. You are right timing does suck. I wanted to get some of my Christmas shopping done this weekend, but that won't happen.

OUCH, you did your leg up right didn't you? Man, I can only imagine how much that hurt. When I worked orthopedics I felt so sorry for everyone who had to have casts on their legs, now I may be one of them. You and Sheri are two peas in a pod. When things like that happen it is really creepy. Makes you wonder sometimes.

I'm hoping the recovery is fast too. I took the splint off about 15 minutes ago and the pain wasn't there, but it is starting to come back :sad1:. These pain pills (tylox) make me sooooo nauseated :sick:. I guess I will be doing more of my shopping on line than I had first thought. I didn't want to have to use my credit card too much, but it doesn't look like I can escape it......:guilty:.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your wonderful family too. I miss having the big family get togethers.

Happy Thanksgiving Dana!! I'm so sorry to hear about your leg!! Why don't you do all of your Christmas shopping online? That's where I've done the majority of my shopping!! There's nothing that beats shopping in your pjs!! :goodvibes

Happy Thanksgiving Dana!! I'm so sorry to hear about your leg!! Why don't you do all of your Christmas shopping online? That's where I've done the majority of my shopping!! There's nothing that beats shopping in your pjs!! :goodvibes

Thanks Becky :hug:. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Mine turned out pretty good despite my misfortune :rolleyes1. I have ordered a few things online, but there is something about being in the mall during the Christmas shopping time. We usually go to the mall in Pensacola and the one in Ft. Walton. I guess I could borrow my Mom's wheelchair :idea:. I guess we won't do anything this weekend since I go to the orthopedic surgeon on Monday, and walking on these crutches is hard enough around the house :sad1:.

Hi- I just wanted to say that I have read all of the posts on here just now and I can't wait top read more! (Well, except for the roll tide stuff- I'm with Connie on this one:)
I am subbing and just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm Brandi, from North LA, but now live close to Baton Rouge- a suburb. I am a Kindergarten teacher and mom of two boys- 7 year old Alex and 1 year old Nathan. We haven't been to DW since 2007 and before Nathan was born. But, we are DVCers, so we typically went every year and will continue that tradition now. Our next trip is May 22-29th, so we'll be there the same time. I am already planning away and can't wait to plan along with the DIS folks.
Anyway, hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! I'm ready for lots of college football tomorrow. And I hate to say it, but I really want 'Bama to lose as I can't stand Saban- but I hold nothing against anyone! I'll have to tell y'all later about the LSU/Alabama game day in our neighborhood- we have neighbors from Alabama who we played some tricks on and it was great fun!
OK, so g'night and I'll keep checking in for your report!

Glad to hear the pain was starting to subside...you need to call a doctor friend and find something besides tylox/Danny could not take it either.

If I remember correctly all of the cases I seen come into the office was a 6-8 wk recovery period...surgery 4- 6 wks...most people were happy with the surgery repair as the pain was gone almost instantly. I do not ever remember seeing anyone in cast for this injury just aircast and splints...you'll be hitting the malls soon...you'll be an expert with those crutches before the end of the weekend...:upsidedow

have a good day and weekend Dana!!!
:wave2:Connie

Hi- I just wanted to say that I have read all of the posts on here just now and I can't wait top read more! (Well, except for the roll tide stuff- I'm with Connie on this one:)

I'm Brandi, from North LA, but now live close to Baton Rouge- a suburb. I am a Kindergarten teacher and mom of two boys- 7 year old Alex and 1 year old Nathan. We haven't been to DW since 2007 and before Nathan was born. But, we are DVCers, so we typically went every year and will continue that tradition now. Our next trip is May 22-29th, so we'll be there the same time. I am already planning away and can't wait to plan along with the DIS folks.
Anyway, hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! I'm ready for lots of college football tomorrow. And I hate to say it, but I really want 'Bama to lose as I can't stand Saban- but I hold nothing against anyone! I'll have to tell y'all later about the LSU/Alabama game day in our neighborhood- we have neighbors from Alabama who we played some tricks on and it was great fun!
Hi! Brandy
we are not far from one another!!! :yay:
that is soooo exciting that ya'll are going back to the world in May!!! I know after we had missed a few years it was I could do for 6 mos while planning (we went last May)...
:wave2: Connie

Hey Connie! Yeah, I could tell that you must be somewhere in South Louisiana! I just started blogging on blogspot to help my planning addiction, so I hope that will help cure my craziness this far out!

Hi Brandi :wave2:. Nice to meet you, thanks for coming over.

I can totally understand how ya'll feel about Saban. We have suffered some really bad experiences with coaches too. The likes of Franchione, Mike Price (boy that one was a doozie :rolleyes1) Dubose, Curry(who was 0-3 against Auburn :scared1:) and several more.......:lmao:. There will never be another Bear, but Stallings came close.
I know LSU has had a few doozies too, like Curley Hallman :rolleyes1.

I want to buy into the DVC, but the time just hasn't been right yet :sad2:. There will be several of us there in May so we need to get together for a meet somewhere. I met Leanne and Mary last year at a Dis meet and they will be there at the same time as will Lisa. I wish we could slip Connie and her family in our suitcases :rotfl2:.

If Alabama loses today I will have to leave home :scared1:. My DH can not stand the Tiger-Eagles.............:lmao:. I can't wait to hear about the tricks ya'll played on your Alabama friends :surfweb:.

Glad to hear the pain was starting to subside...you need to call a doctor friend and find something besides tylox/Danny could not take it either.

If I remember correctly all of the cases I seen come into the office was a 6-8 wk recovery period...surgery 4- 6 wks...most people were happy with the surgery repair as the pain was gone almost instantly. I do not ever remember seeing anyone in cast for this injury just aircast and splints...you'll be hitting the malls soon...you'll be an expert with those crutches before the end of the weekend...:upsidedow

have a good day and weekend Dana!!!
:wave2:Connie

I will be so glad when Monday gets here so I can be done with the worrying. I have a hard time with any pain meds Connie, I just have a low tolerance.

I hope Dr. Daugherty gives me good news Monday. I don't want to miss too much work and if I have a cast on I won't be able to work. As long as I wear this splint I can't tell if it is better or not. The ER doc said they usually splint the foot at a 90 degree angle, but he didn't want to push mine that far. I don't want to have surgery, but if he thinks it is best then that is what I will do :scared:. I'm scared to try and take a step with out the splint, I'm sacred it will hurt too bad. So I hope he can give me something so I can walk. These crutches are killing me :sad1:.

Yep, LSU has had some doozies! I kinda expect to lose Miles this year, but we'll see. I know Saban would be happy to come back, but we don't want him! LOL! But, I understand 'Bama loving him as we did.

Well, the main thing we did to our 'Bama was friends was steal their flag and replace it with an LSU one- it was really funny though for several reasons. First, they have their flag up on their house, which is two down from us. My DH planned to switch them, but we were worried their safety lights would come on and were scared someone would call the cops on us if they saw us out there at 2 AM!! So, we waited. Well, dummy put her flag out by her mailbox by the road on game day- DUH!! DH ran out and switched it while they were in the back yard. I thought he'd get caught! I was suppose to be distracting them, but the baby wouldn't come on, so that didn't work. When she finally realized it was switched, she kinda freaked out! She called to all of the neighbors looking for it. She was so mad and worried about it- said her MeeMaw gave it to her and it was special! Now, some background- she isn't a football fan at all- just likes to mess with us when 'Bama or Auburn plays LSU- you know she's not a true fan when she has shirts for both of those teams, right? Anyway, she keeps calling everyone and is really mad. Well, a bit later, I get a text from her saying she heard it was me that took it. technically, I did not take it- DH did, so I told her it was not me. A couple of hours later, her DH comes to my house to get her flag back. Turns out my DS told her that he THOUGHT we took it! See what you get for talking around a 7 year old? GEEZ! Then, we went to decorate and watch the game at her house. So, I took our flag back over there and stuck it flying out of the back of her DH's truck! Plus, all of my treats I brought were LSU ones. She was nice and made a great cake that was decorated as a football field- it had an Alabama "A" and an LSU on it- precious!

Dana
Hope your appt goes really well on Mon. Try and keep off it-I know nurses are not great patients. I am pray for ya!

Yep, LSU has had some doozies! I kinda expect to lose Miles this year, but we'll see. I know Saban would be happy to come back, but we don't want him! LOL! But, I understand 'Bama loving him as we did.

Well, the main thing we did to our 'Bama was friends was steal their flag and replace it with an LSU one- it was really funny though for several reasons. First, they have their flag up on their house, which is two down from us. My DH planned to switch them, but we were worried their safety lights would come on and were scared someone would call the cops on us if they saw us out there at 2 AM!! So, we waited. Well, dummy put her flag out by her mailbox by the road on game day- DUH!! DH ran out and switched it while they were in the back yard. I thought he'd get caught! I was suppose to be distracting them, but the baby wouldn't come on, so that didn't work. When she finally realized it was switched, she kinda freaked out! She called to all of the neighbors looking for it. She was so mad and worried about it- said her MeeMaw gave it to her and it was special! Now, some background- she isn't a football fan at all- just likes to mess with us when 'Bama or Auburn plays LSU- you know she's not a true fan when she has shirts for both of those teams, right? Anyway, she keeps calling everyone and is really mad. Well, a bit later, I get a text from her saying she heard it was me that took it. technically, I did not take it- DH did, so I told her it was not me. A couple of hours later, her DH comes to my house to get her flag back. Turns out my DS told her that he THOUGHT we took it! See what you get for talking around a 7 year old? GEEZ! Then, we went to decorate and watch the game at her house. So, I took our flag back over there and stuck it flying out of the back of her DH's truck! Plus, all of my treats I brought were LSU ones. She was nice and made a great cake that was decorated as a football field- it had an Alabama "A" and an LSU on it- precious!

That is funny Brandi. It is nice to have friendly rivalries. I know a couple of doctors that graduated from LSU and it is funny when we all get together. I work with one nurse whose husband graduated from Auburn and another one who graduted from Miss. State herself. It can get sticky on Iron Bowl day because we can wear a team jersey if we bring in a canned good, when you look around all you see is orange and blue or crimson and white. I think it is pretty evenly divided.

Watching the LSU vs. Arkansas game now. I LOVE the helmets LSU is wearing.

Dana
Hope your appt goes really well on Mon. Try and keep off it-I know nurses are not great patients. I am pray for ya!

Thank you Mary. We do make bad patients, but it comes from knowing what all can happen :scared1:. I woke up this morning and I had to get the splint off fast. It felt like my heel was on FIRE :scared:.

:cheer2: Just had to come over here and say, "ROLL TIDE ROLL"!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Yes ma'am!!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Good evening Dana. We watched that LSU/AR game too. It was not a happy ending at Sandi's house. I did get Sandi a really cute AR shirt to make up for the loss.

Hope your appt. goes well tomorrow. Be sure to let us know. Back to work for me. We had such a good weekend. I left my computer at home so had to use Alex's when he would let me. Nothing like an 11 year old.

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter