The Quest for a Donald Duck Medal !

maryliz

<font color=990099>The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Blo
Well, after a year of training, our quest to be the proud owners of Donald Duck Disney 1/2 Marathon Medals is finally upon us ! The training is officially over, and now it's time to get packed and get to WDW. Joining me are Debbie, NancyK, Susan-Ontario and a whole whack of power-walkers/runners from the WISH board. There is a time limit ... but we will NOT be SWEPT by the sweeper-truck that picks up people unable to maintain the required pace :)

We're all driving/flying at different times this week, so keep good thoughts for no snow/ice storms that can shut down Toronto or Buffalo airports, or make driving hazardous :earseek:

Now I really have to get off these boards and get cracking on the packing. Looks like I will even need some shorts for the daytime :cool1:

We leave for St. Catharines on Wed afternoon, and fly out early Thurs morning.

Take care everyone ...

Mary-Liz

Hope you all do well in the Marathon. Looks like we are only going to do Universal this time around. We'll definitely do Downtown Disney though.

Have a great trip!

Marilynn :Pinkbounc

I have always wanted to do a half marathon, not to mention, one at WDW! Good for you - I can understand the training you put into that and the commitment to continue that training. Congratulations on you accomplishment and good luck! Let us know how you do - Pixie dust coming your way!
Jo

Good Luck and Pixie Dust!

I know you guys will WOW! them down there!

Safe Journeys!

And you'll have to bring your Medals to the next DisMeet!

Enjoy!

Scratch

I'm outta here tonight!!!!!

I don't know how I'll get through my last day of work but we'll see. The other member of Team Canada WISH Walkers is Rachael Q from BC. We're a small but mighty group. I think our dinner on Saturday night will have over 30 DIS WISH Walkers at it. Please think of us all next Sunday at 6:00 when we're starting our trek to the finish line. If we have all our Canadian friends with us in spirit we will succeed.

Have a great week everyone and I'll be sure to say HI to Mickey from all my Canadian WISH friends.

Susan--Ontario said:
Please think of us all next Sunday at 6:00 when we're starting our trek to the finish line.
That's 6:00 A.M. and we have to be there by 4:00! :earseek:

Thanks for all your good wishes. Maintaining a 16 minute mile for 3½ hours is not an easy feat. . . especially for one who is NOT athletic in any sense of the word! :earboy2:

Good luck everyone. Show us the hardware after you win it.

:cool1: See you there!!! We leave Thurs. for Toronto and fly out early Fri. morning. Just bought socks with canadian flags on them from the running room! So, we'll be all decked out in cdn gear and ready to cheer our fellow canucks on!!!! :Pinkbounc

:cheer2: Best of luck to you all! :cheer2:

I've wanted to run the 1/2 marathon for a while but I can't find the time to train for it. I can't wait to see the Donald Duck medals :)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. And it looks like the weather is going to be warm. Although all of our recent training has been in the -4 degree range :rolleyes: so it's going to make it a tough decision what to wear. Just when I thought I had it all figured out!

Hope everyone here stays warm!

Mary-Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter