• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Proud Family Louder And Prouder

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I keep seeing merchandise based on The Proud Family revival The Proud Family Louder And Prouder and I would love to know more about the show? Because I was a fan of the original The Proud Family and thought it was so neat. Does many of the original voice talent return to reprise their roles in The Proud Family Louder And Prouder? Also does it have a new theme song too because I know that singer Solange and Destiny's Child sang the original The Proud Family theme song

I keep seeing merchandise based on The Proud Family revival The Proud Family Louder And Prouder and I would love to know more about the show? Because I was a fan of the original The Proud Family and thought it was so neat. Does many of the original voice talent return to reprise their roles in The Proud Family Louder And Prouder? Also does it have a new theme song too because I know that singer Solange and Destiny's Child sang the original The Proud Family theme song

I don't know much about the show, but I do know taht most of the original voice cast did return for the new one. It seems that Tara Strong is the notable voice actress who is not present.

I saw The Proud Family Louder And Prouder today while waiting for my dinner and I can say that The Proud Family Louder And Prouder is a weak revival of the series. For one thing Penny Proud has somewhat of a personality change and still has dreams of becoming a famous star but she has become so annoying in this revival it's not funny. Another thing is in this series is that a new character named Michael is now Penny's best friend and I remember when Penny had her girlfriends that would be friendly and bubbly and upbeat. But from what I saw in the show Penny Proud and her friends all are obsessed and focused on one thing which is boys and Penny is now a troublemaker. I remember from the original The Proud Family that Penny Proud was a wonderful girl and always listened to her parents rules but this new Penny Proud is odd. Another thing I noticed is the theme song is ruined and Solange and Destiny's Child do not sing it but rather Kyla Pratt does and the new remix of the song is weak. So while The Proud Family Louder And Prouder shows promise Disney+ could've improved it better

Has anyone watched this? I just saw an article from Daily Mail UK about an "anti white propaganda song" featured on the show. Not sure if we are allowed to post links. I haven't watched the show but the article makes it sound terrible. Has Disney really gone this far from the mainstream?

Well, if you want to seriously discuss it, it appears that the song is presented as a play documenting the history of black people in America. It covers slavery, segregation, systemic racism, etc. I don't know that the facts can be much disputed. They do make a case for reparations, which is a hot-button topic, and people will disagree about that. They clearly have a stance though. That said, I don't believe there is anything in the show that is "anti-white," only "anti-racism" which makes some people very defensive.

EDIT: Also, to add, the news organizations that are running with this do have an agenda and will slant it to their viewpoint. The Daily Mail is a tabloid, so be careful. I do recommend just watching for yourself and making your own assessment.

Last edited:

I agree its an anti-racism song and not expressly or overtly anti-white. It is very strongly worded and will be divisive to say the least. It makes statements about and demanding reparations (like you said Hot Button) and also has statements that paint Lincoln in a bad light, saying he didn't actually want to free the slaves and inferring he was not as important a factor in the abolition of slavery as American History paints him to be. He was President and could have Vetoed anything that came to his desk, so no matter what he played a crucial role. I think Disney could have done a better job with this. They could have paid homage to black history and celebrated people of color and their contributions to this country without the militant nature and extreme leftist ideology.

I agree its an anti-racism song and not expressly or overtly anti-white. It is very strongly worded and will be divisive to say the least. It makes statements about and demanding reparations (like you said Hot Button) and also has statements that paint Lincoln in a bad light, saying he didn't actually want to free the slaves and inferring he was not as important a factor in the abolition of slavery as American History paints him to be. He was President and could have Vetoed anything that came to his desk, so no matter what he played a crucial role. I think Disney could have done a better job with this. They could have paid homage to black history and celebrated people of color and their contributions to this country without the militant nature and extreme leftist ideology.

The stuff about Lincoln is interesting. As far as I know, he was always against slavery, however he did not at first move to abolish it immediately. That's not to say that he didn't want to, but the political concerns of the time kept him from doing so until things boiled over into actual war. But, of course he was instrumental in making it happen and his contribution shouldn't be downplayed. Certainly others contributed as well, and they should be recognized as well. I do feel that one can accentuate the roles of the lesser sung heros of the movement without tearing down another.

I just watched the video because I agree you should judge for yourself and not allow others to tell you what something says and what it means. So my opinion this was a purposely misleading straight up piece of propaganda. It’s bad enough to target adults who have a better ability to read and discern for themselves. But something like this targeted at kids? Shame on Disney.

I just watched the video because I agree you should judge for yourself and not allow others to tell you what something says and what it means. So my opinion this was a purposely misleading straight up piece of propaganda. It’s bad enough to target adults who have a better ability to read and discern for themselves. But something like this targeted at kids? Shame on Disney.

I'm in agreement. The worst part about this is it is targeted to children. I'm sure there will be a limited amount of parents that will watch with the children and then have a thoughtful conversation about it. However, mostly it will be watched by kids, without any adult supervision and it does present a very one sided, very strongly worded leftist view. Disney should stay out of politics or at least keep the messaging positive / uplifting and non-partisan.

For what it's worth, the show is rated TV-PG and is targeted at an older demographic than the original was.

Also, while it's easy to say that Disney should stay out of politics, literally every movie and show they have ever made, every movie and show ever made by anybody, has a message. In a world where nearly everything is politicized, it is nearly impossible to keep it completely out of the material. That said, I do agree that this is a very heavy-handed message, and I don't agree with all of what it presents, however that doesn't make it, in my view, invalid or harmful or anything else. It's really not that big of a deal. In fact, making a big deal about it is the absolute worst way to handle it.

For what it's worth, the show is rated TV-PG and is targeted at an older demographic than the original was.

Also, while it's easy to say that Disney should stay out of politics, literally every movie and show they have ever made, every movie and show ever made by anybody, has a message. In a world where nearly everything is politicized, it is nearly impossible to keep it completely out of the material. That said, I do agree that this is a very heavy-handed message, and I don't agree with all of what it presents, however that doesn't make it, in my view, invalid or harmful or anything else. It's really not that big of a deal. In fact, making a big deal about it is the absolute worst way to handle it.

Good Point. I am not saying it should be pulled or the messaging is invalid. I just wish the message could have been more positive or uplifting and less divisive. My kids are grown and thankfully were able to form there own opinions as young adults. I just can't remember them being subjected to targeted propaganda in such a blatant way, especially from Disney programing.

Good Point. I am not saying it should be pulled or the messaging is invalid. I just wish the message could have been more positive or uplifting and less divisive. My kids are grown and thankfully were able to form there own opinions as young adults. I just can't remember them being subjected to targeted propaganda in such a blatant way, especially from Disney programing.

No, certainly I agree with that. The fact is that when messaging becomes extreme, it also becomes less effective. There is this tendency to think the opposite, but that's how we get both "sides" digging in and then calling out against stuff that they don't even really disagree with. Me, I am a fairly moderate type who is pretty sympathetic to many of those left-leaning social issues, but sometimes even I find myself rolling my eyes as some of the talking points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter