The Poly has another biggest fan!

Dizneefamily+4

Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!
So we got back from our 1st trip to the Poly yesterday after an 8 day stay. I was warned that once we stayed at the Poly that we'd never want to stay anywhere else. I didn't believe it - after all, we LOVED POR when we stayed there and it was our favorite resort. I should have listed. We absolutely LOVED the Poly. We're already planning our next stay there.

Our flight got in to Orlando on 8/3 around 10:00 am. The DME took us to Poly and we were there by about 11 am. Our room was ready!! We got exactly what we had requested - 1st floor Tokelau longhouse. The room was beautiful and contrary to what some had reported, it looked clean and shiny - not at all shabby. The hallways in Tokelau seemed extra wide (which we didn't really notice until we cut through some of the other longhouses on a rainy afternoon.) We never heard a peep from other guests while in our room - or in the hallways either for that matter. It was a very quiet resort.

The Poly is a beautiful resort. The grounds are amazing and you gotta love the Hawaiian music piped through the walkways and OMG - watching Wishes from the beach is SPECTACULAR! They even pipe in the sound, so you get to hear the entire show, not just see it.

The staff were all extremely pleasant and were always asking if us if we needed anything. Mousekeeping was perfect and always done by the time we came back to the resort for our midday rest and swim (so by 1:00.)

Even though we were there during the crowded August, the pool was never overcrowded and we always got chairs.

Being on the monorail line was fabulous. We've never minded the bus system and have always used it when we stayed at CSR, POR and WL. Being on the monorail was SO much better! It did have some technical difficulties and was down a few times, but it worked out ok, because we were within easy walking distance of the TTC.

All in all, Poly is our entire family's new favorite and we can't wait to go back. My dd tried hiding in the closet on our last day because she didn't want to leave. :rotfl: We're in love!! :lovestruc

Edited to add: Oh, and I do have to say that I saw A TON, I mean a TON of old resort mugs being used (mostly last year's, but others as well). I even saw people filling up non-Disney mugs at the beverage station. Maybe I never paid attention before, but after being on the Dis Boards so much lately, it really amazed me. I mean the nerve!!! It's no wonder that Disney is testing out the chips in the mugs thing. Wow....

Glad to hear you had such a fabulous trip! We can't wait for our first Poly stay (but it's soooo far way).

I am so happy to hear that! I am going on MY first stay also in September, I'm getting the vibes from your trip now!:goodvibes

My DD15 has a t-shirt with Darth Vadar on it. It says...Come to the Dark Side. We have Cookies!

Well we could make one that Come to the Dark Side. We have Lapu Lapus! And then Darth Vadar could be wearing a Poly shirt sipping on one!!!

Not that the Poly is the dark side, but it tends to turn people into Poly Only lovers!!!!

Welcome and I am glad you had such a wonderful trip. Last year DD5 cried when we had to leave. We will be back in 54 days and then again in 300 days....but who's counting!!!:darth:

The Poly is our favorite Disney resort too, but the budget doesn't always permit us to stay there especially since we can stay at Shades of Green. Of course, even when we stay elsewhere, we always visit the Poly a couple of times for meals, pina coladas, and the atmosphere. (And no, we don't use the pool when were not staying at the Poly.) :goodvibes

My DD15 has a t-shirt with Darth Vadar on it. It says...Come to the Dark Side. We have Cookies!

Well we could make one that Come to the Dark Side. We have Lapu Lapus! And then Darth Vadar could be wearing a Poly shirt sipping on one!!!
Not that the Poly is the dark side, but it tends to turn people into Poly Only lovers!!!!

Welcome and I am glad you had such a wonderful trip. Last year DD5 cried when we had to leave. We will be back in 54 days and then again in 300 days....but who's counting!!!:darth:

:rotfl: That's funny! Lapu Lapus have become my weakness. Drinking one while watching Wishes - what could be better??? Can my dd6 stowaway in your luggage for you upcoming trip? She also cried when we left (after we dragged her out of the closet) and she has not stopped asking me if we can go back "tomorrow". Please mom, for just 1 day??? Breaks my heart every time she asks. I'd go back right now in a heartbeat! Of course, last we heard, our suitcase is still in Orlando (long, ugly story with our return airline trip,) so maybe we could just fly back and joing our luggage! :rotfl2:

The Poly is our favorite Disney resort too, but the budget doesn't always permit us to stay there especially since we can stay at Shades of Green. Of course, even when we stay elsewhere, we always visit the Poly a couple of times for meals, pina coladas, and the atmosphere. (And no, we don't use the pool when were not staying at the Poly.) :goodvibes

:lmao: They were very vigilant this time about checking room keys and issuing wrist bands at the pool. We got asked every day!

:lmao: They were very vigilant this time about checking room keys and issuing wrist bands at the pool. We got asked every day![/QUOTE

I am so glad to hear that, the pool was crazy crowded July 2010 and nobody was checking for resort ID's. The pool is small enough with out all the pool crashers that shouldn't be there.

[We got exactly what we had requested - 1st floor Tokelau longhouse.[/COLOR] :confused3

Having never stayed there, but always wanted to . . . please enlighten me as to how you picked where to stay.

They were very vigilant this time about checking room keys and issuing wrist bands at the pool. We got asked every day!

That's great. I wish they would do that more regularly at the Poly and honestly, at all the resort pools.

So we got back from our 1st trip to the Poly yesterday after an 8 day stay. I was warned that once we stayed at the Poly that we'd never want to stay anywhere else. I didn't believe it - after all, we LOVED POR when we stayed there and it was our favorite resort. I should have listed. We absolutely LOVED the Poly. We're already planning our next stay there.

At least you can't deny that we warned you! :lmao: Hmm, never tried to hide in the closet before. . .it could work. . .:rotfl2: Welcome home and glad you had a nice stay.

So awesome to hear. I'm heading down in a few weeks for my first stay at the Poly. CAN'T WAIT!!!

So glad that you had a great trip.

Having never stayed there, but always wanted to . . . please enlighten me as to how you picked where to stay.

Two places you should look for recommendations on where to request:

1st being our lovely Poly FAQ here on the Resort forums, from the wonderful Guitarob. Home of the Poly Freaks. :laughing: Full of wonderful pics and helpful folks.

2nd, you should head over to the Tikiman Pages. There you will find a description of each longhouse and their own pros and cons. This really helped me decide where to request (Tokelau, as well) -- but it seems everyone has a favorite. Honestly though, you can't go wrong with the Poly.

Have fun. :goodvibes

[We got exactly what we had requested - 1st floor Tokelau longhouse.[/COLOR] :confused3

I asked for people's opinions on their fave longhouses and why on this site (and especially on the Poly thread) and I emailed TikiMan on his site and told him our preferences and based on those, which longhouse he recommended. I also viewed the aerial map that shows all the longhouses and their proximity to eachother and the amenities.

That's great. I wish they would do that more regularly at the Poly and honestly, at all the resort pools.

I asked the cm who was issuing our wrist bands if they typically get a lot of pool hoppers (knowing that they do from the DisBoards) and he said they absolutely do - during the 4th of July this year, he said they ejected 320 people from the pool throughout the day :eek:. Obviously, it's not usually THAT many, but with it being the 4th, non-resort people were spending the day waiting to watch fw from the beach and trying to use the pool.

At least you can't deny that we warned you! :lmao: Hmm, never tried to hide in the closet before. . .it could work. . .:rotfl2: Welcome home and glad you had a nice stay.

Yep, I was DEFINITELY warned! And those closets are large enough to hold BOTH dd and me - ds was out of luck! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter