The Plaza

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by purplejam, Feb 17, 2017.

1. purplejam

purplejam Mouseketeer

Hi

I was trying to made an adr at the plaza today but found there was no availability.

After a quick google I found that it looks as if they are only taking walk ups - does anyone know if this is still the case please.

Also if it is true - does anyone know how long the wait for a table is (it was always a very long wait even with an adr !)

Is the new system better or worse ??

I did see a rumour that the plaza had actually closed down - can anyone shed any light on that please.

I was trying to book for August 16th - so a pretty busy time

Many thanks in advance

2. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

The Plaza is still open and you can only get an ADR from 11-12. The rest of the day is walk up. I haven't done a walk up but have seen a number of reviews saying it was only about a 20 minute wait. Not sure if it's worse during busier times or not.

purplejam likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy And though she be but little, she is fierce.

ive recently seen a couple of posts mentioning people have found ADRs past 12:00. Not sure if that was an IT error or what, but Plaza is pretty easy and takes walk-ups.

purplejam likes this.
  5. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

We were there the week before Christmas and did a walk up around 2 or so and it wait was about 30 min.

purplejam likes this.
  6. purplejam

purplejam Mouseketeer

Thanks - good to know information
    It sounds as if the walk up wait time is shorter than the old adr wait time

I've booked lunch at bog instead - but will definitely want to go to the plaza at some time during our visit as it's one of our favourite places for lunch

allsaintsatx likes this.
  7. PetersonFamily

PetersonFamily We love Disney!

We have an ADR here for 3:20 pm on 3/4.

8. Tomh

Tomh DIS Veteran

I just tried to make an ADR for August 17th, and like the OP discovered there was no availability. Seems pretty unprofessional that the Dining website doesn't inform guests that the restaurant is not taking ADR's except for the 11:00 - 12:00 time frame, it just tells you that nothing is available. I too googled, looking to see if maybe the restaurant was scheduled for refurb or something, and only thanks to google I was able to find out that they no longer take ADR's. I guess we will try a walk up, and if it is too busy, then we'll do counter service instead.

purplejam likes this.
  9. mn51

mn51 Mouseketeer

We just returned and we were able to book a reservation for 2:05 in the afternoon - we booked the day before the reservation. Guess we lucked out.

10. allsaintsatx

allsaintsatx I Miss The Goats

This is literally the same exact thing we did. Knowing my luck, I'll walk up when the wait is an hour! So we're hedging our bets with BOG lunch, even though I would rather have lunch at Plaza.

We have waited 45 minutes for O'hana and Kona ADR's though.

purplejam likes this.
  11. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran - "I found the Snipe!"

I was at MK on Tuesday Feb 7. Walked up to The Plaza around 2 pm and was seated in less than 5 minutes. Note I was a solo diner. They were fairly busy when I came in, but by the time I was done they had emptied out quite a bit, so if you can wait till after 2 pm for lunch, you'll probably have better luck.

Earlier I had stopped by and asked the CM at the podium about the walk up procedure. He stated that ADRs were from 11 am-Noon only, so that does seem to be the official stance.

I had a club sandwich and chips; it was good, and a nice break within the park.

12. DISNEY1975

DISNEY1975 DIS Veteran

I tried an ADR for late March. I was told only walk up after 11:30am.