The Plaza Restaurant

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Never been to The Plaza Restaurant. We are creatures of habit and tend to go to the same places. But trying to expand and try new things. The only thing on the menu that is appealing to us is the Kentucky Turkey Hot Brown Sandwich. That would be the only reason to go. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and opinions (please).

I’ve been there once. I don’t remember much about the food other than it was fine, but I do remember that a show started on the Cinderella Castle stage while we were there. The THUMP THUMP THUMP of whatever Mickeytastic show was playing was impossible to ignore while dining, so unless that’s your thing, I’d check the show schedule before making an ADR.

We eat there often (it's our fave MK TS spot) and I tried the hot brown once. It was good, but very heavy. Much prefer the club sandwich, burger, or a salad there.

I wouldn't choose any restaurant just for one item on the menu - the menus change too often to hang your hat on a single item.

Never been to The Plaza Restaurant. We are creatures of habit and tend to go to the same places. But trying to expand and try new things. The only thing on the menu that is appealing to us is the Kentucky Turkey Hot Brown Sandwich. That would be the only reason to go. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and opinions (please).

If only one item on the menu appeals to you I’d pass and find something that gives you some choices.

Plaza is decent. Good location. Food is hit and miss. On our last reservation, we had to wait nearly 30 minutes to be seated. It was frustrating.

Plaza used to be my favorite TS restaurant in MK but didn't have too great of an experience there last time. Food was so-so and service was almost non-existent this last time I was there. I believe the next time I'm looking for a TS meal at the MK I'll be going back to LTT.

We ate there last month for lunch. The worst meal of the trip. Each had one of their burgers. Greasy, soaked the bun. Seriously the bun was soaked with grease when they brought it out. Couldn't even pick it up to eat it as it fell apart. We would have sent it back, but were on a tight schedule as we were leaving right after lunch.
The fries weren't too bad. Didn't get a shake, but they looked good.
Maybe other entree choices were better and we picked badly. Not planning to go back. Service wasn't great, but not the worst we've had.

I actually went tp the plaza in march -same thing hadn't been in years -something different ....
I went in attending on trying the Kentucky Turkey Hot Brown and totally changed my mind and got the refillable shake and fries
So they where good as was my husbands meatloaf - But service was very slow and I actually had to ask for our waiter to be sent over -

Never eaten that but if your there for lunch, I heard the club sandwich is good.

I enjoyed the restaurant. I'd caution eating at a place only one thing on the menu appeal to you though. Disney changes their menus and sometimes what's online doesn't match what's in the restaurant. I've shown up before being set on ordering something specific and it no longer being on the menu. It's good to have a backup.

I am going to put my 2cents in and I don't think it will be a popular one. We are all creatures of habit and there is nothing wrong with that, especially when it comes to Disney. After going to WDW for over 30 years and staying at just about every hotel and multiple restaurants, I will admit I have my favorite places but I have found that each restaurant has a "cult like" following and if anyone says a negative thing against it - watch out! With that said, I will give you the advice I have given friends and co-workers who go to WDW and ask me about certain restaurants; "I can't tell you what you want to hear, my opinion is that, my opinion. What I like may not be what you like but if you want to try (insert restaurant name) then do. How will you know if you don't try?" I also tell them that there was a time when I listened to others when it came to WDW restaurants and my dining reservations and that last maybe two trip or so. So what changed - easy, I realized I was missing out on some great places all because others gave me their opinions. From that trip forward, I stopped asking others their opinions on the restaurants because they are all subjective and based on the experience at the time. So to the original poster I offer my advice: don't go but wait till another trip and if you want to try something different this time, start small with a quick- service or a different menu item at a place you do like. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter