The Plaza. Classic or Deluxe

timC

DVC Member at BWV
We're thinking about using some of our 2005 points for a few nights are The Plaza next summer. There are too room categories listed: Classic (47/night) and Deluxe (60/night).

Does anyone have experience with either of these room categories? What's the difference? Should I spend more to get the Deluxe or is Classic good enough. It'll just be the two of us.

Thanks in advance for the info!

The Plaza Website Go and loog around. I beleive a Classic room equated to a moderate and the Deluxe to the Fairmont room if I recall when I investigated it 7-9 months ago. You may want to consider renting points and paying cash. But regardless, compare points to cash and decide for yourself.

Thanks Dean... I don't know why I never though of renting.
In this case, it seems to be the way to go. I'll have to research that a bit. Never rented my points before.

My advice is to rent your points ...use the money to stay at the New York Palace Hotel (212)888-7000 right behind St. Patricks's and two blocks from Saks and Rockefeller Center. Le Cirque, one of NY finest restaurants is located within the Hotel boundaries. You should be able to do the Hotel for $350.00 per night and I guarantee a better experience than the Plaza. If you are stuck on the Plaza...do the Palm Court for lunch using your $200.00 per night savings and Patroon or Citrella for dinner, but stay at the Palace.

Or you could stay at the Marriott Marquis for 200 a night-right on times square in the heart of the theater district. The Milford Plaza is right around the corner (across the street from The Producers, and just upstairs from The Phantom of the Opera) and you can sometimest get rooms for 99 a night. Depends on what you are looking for. Have a good trip!

I stayed at the "lower" category and the room was amazing.

Since there was just the two of us, we had a king bed, marble fireplace, beautiful furnishings *sigh*, it was amazing.

I think that you'll be pleased with a "Classic" room at this hotel.

We stayed 'deluxe' and we had a bedroom and a sitting room. It was very very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter