The Plaza changed their menu and it sucks.

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
Every trip since 2016 we have fell in love with The Plaza. We always book at least once per trip and sometimes twice. Our absolute favorite is (was) Plaza Fries. We even make them at home. The were good and simple. Crispy French Fries, lettuce, diced tomatoes, bacon bits and bordello cheese sauce. We would also order the Plaza Club sandwich and the Brisket Mac -n- cheese. All gone now. We had a reservation on 6/6 for dinner. We ordered the Plaza Fries and everything was different. They came out with a yellow cheese sauce, different style bacon and ranch flavored sour cream. The sour cream wasn't even listed in the menu as being on them and my kids hate it so we sent them back. Our fresh order came out and they were terrible! Sonic loaded fries are better. My wife and me were gong to order the Plaza Club but they changed that too. No more ham, changed the bread and the server told us not to order it. It's just turkey and not deli style. I ordered the Plaza Burger and it was absolutely horrible. The burgers at Cosmic Ray's are better and that's not saying much. We ended up nibbling on a little bit of our food and ordered ice cream and left. Anyone else been since the change? We are never picky eaters but the food really just sucked.

Last edited:
Evert trip since 2016 we have fell in love with The Plaza. We always book at least once per trip and sometimes twice. Our absolute favorite is (was) Plaza Fries. We even make them at home. The were good and simple. Crispy French Fries, lettuce, diced tomatoes, bacon bits and bordello cheese sauce. We would also order the Plaza Club sandwich and the Brisket Mac -n- cheese. All gone now. We had a reservation on 6/6 for dinner. We ordered the Plaza Fries and everything was different. They came out with a yellow cheese sauce, different style bacon and ranch flavored sour cream. The sour cream wasn't even listed in the menu as being on them and my kids hate it so we sent them back. Our fresh order came out and they were terrible! Sonic loaded fries are better. My wife and me were gong to order the Plaza Club but they changed that too. No more ham, changed the bread and the server told us not to order it. It's just turkey and not deli style. I ordered the Plaza Burger and it was absolutely horrible. The burgers at Cosmic Ray's are better and that's not sating much. We ended up nibbling on a little bit of our food and ordered ice cream and left. Anyone else been since the change? We are never picky eaters but the food really just sucked.
I really hate to hear about the club...it's our favorite, but I'm not a fan of the non deli style turkey on a sandwich.

For us, this might be a good thing.
We used to enjoy eating there. Our last meal there was one of the worst we have had anywhere no grounds, maybe worse than Tonys.
Our last lunch there, the burgers were so greasy that you couldn't pick up the bottom of the bun as it was soaked in grease and dripped off it.
The meal was disgusting, and the service wasn't much better.
Hoping with changes, it improves.

The Plaza was always a must for our family. When I saw the new menu and noticed that they had removed the fried green tomato sandwich I was so disappointed. We had ADR for 6/4 but ended up canceling them as we ended up visiting friends that day in Daytona.

For us, this might be a good thing.
We used to enjoy eating there. Our last meal there was one of the worst we have had anywhere no grounds, maybe worse than Tonys.
Our last lunch there, the burgers were so greasy that you couldn't pick up the bottom of the bun as it was soaked in grease and dripped off it.
The meal was disgusting, and the service wasn't much better.
Hoping with changes, it improves.
Did you read the first post? or the title?

Last edited:
We ate there last week. We only go to Disney about once every 10 years so I admit I don't remember the exact menus but I do remember the last time we went there everyone wiped their plates clean and most had some kind of RB sandwich sooo that's what I ordered. I did not enjoy it. My daughter got the burger and was kind enough to share it with me. I thought the burger was much better than my sandwich. We weren't thrilled with the meal like we remember being in the past and resigned ourselves to thinking it is all about the dessert anyway and we did enjoy that. We enjoyed the view, the ability sit down in some AC and being able to see the cavalcades but the meal itself was ehhh (we got the Plaza fries as well and thought the same thing about the sour cream...we just pushed it to the side but just another thing that was ehhh about our meal).

What a bummer! The Plaza has been one of our go-to's because of the price point and less heavy menu items. I ordered the club 10 out of 10 times.

We haven't eaten there in a few months and will probably not hurry back anytime soon. The recent reviews have been disappointing :(

Sadly, we did not enjoy our last experience at the Plaza either. Food was a Meh -, service was snarky and rude. NOT what we've experienced in the past. I'll wait to hear better reviews before we return.

Overall I find the Disney menus have gone downhill. I remember going to The Plaza restaurant in the early to mid 2000s and loved it. We haven't been back as the menu no longer works for me. I am vegetarian and the impossible burger doesn't do it for me. They used to have a homemade veggie burger that was awesome. I find good in general at Disney to be hard to come by since the menu's are so limited. I hope they get better in the future.

So sorry the experience is ruined for you too...

Overall I find the Disney menus have gone downhill. I remember going to The Plaza restaurant in the early to mid 2000s and loved it. We haven't been back as the menu no longer works for me. I am vegetarian and the impossible burger doesn't do it for me. They used to have a homemade veggie burger that was awesome. I find good in general at Disney to be hard to come by since the menu's are so limited. I hope they get better in the future.

So sorry the experience is ruined for you too...

Yeah, I don't get impossible burgers...when I want a vegan burger, I want a veg burger, not a fake meat burger. Universal's Krusty Burger has a great black bean burger with guac and tomato that I had last month (it was made vegan, since I have to be dairy free - not sure if the bun always is)...my totally meat-eating spouse was surprised at how good it was (since I gave him a bite)...

Yeah, I don't get impossible burgers...when I want a vegan burger, I want a veg burger, not a fake meat burger. Universal's Krusty Burger has a great black bean burger with guac and tomato that I had last month (it was made vegan, since I have to be dairy free - not sure if the bun always is)...my totally meat-eating spouse was surprised at how good it was (since I gave him a bite)...
Yeah, these impossible burgers and beyond burgers are horrible. They are filled with a bunch of fillers so I won't touch them. I miss when places made their own burgers. I have a harder time eating here at Disney in the US then I did 2 years ago at Disneyland Paris (which is not know for its food but I found so yummy). It is terrible what they did to dining at WDW.

Every trip since 2016 we have fell in love with The Plaza. We always book at least once per trip and sometimes twice. Our absolute favorite is (was) Plaza Fries. We even make them at home. The were good and simple. Crispy French Fries, lettuce, diced tomatoes, bacon bits and bordello cheese sauce. We would also order the Plaza Club sandwich and the Brisket Mac -n- cheese. All gone now. We had a reservation on 6/6 for dinner. We ordered the Plaza Fries and everything was different. They came out with a yellow cheese sauce, different style bacon and ranch flavored sour cream. The sour cream wasn't even listed in the menu as being on them and my kids hate it so we sent them back. Our fresh order came out and they were terrible! Sonic loaded fries are better. My wife and me were gong to order the Plaza Club but they changed that too. No more ham, changed the bread and the server told us not to order it. It's just turkey and not deli style. I ordered the Plaza Burger and it was absolutely horrible. The burgers at Cosmic Ray's are better and that's not saying much. We ended up nibbling on a little bit of our food and ordered ice cream and left. Anyone else been since the change? We are never picky eaters but the food really just sucked.

We have an ADR for lunch at the Plaza for our July trip. I can't believe they ruined the Plaza fries, and the Club sandwich. :sad: What a shame, first I hear about the menu change at 'Ohana now this. It's such a cute spot, we really enjoyed the view from the windows. We may have to grab a bite at a quick service, and do ice cream only. Thanks for the warning.

We are at The Plaza last week on Thursday for lunch, and we enjoyed our meal. Granted, this was our first dining experience here, so we have nothing to compare it to. We were all very happy though and the ice cream sundae that my son got was so adorable. The vibe was very chill, and the price for the four of us was excellent.

We have an ADR for lunch at the Plaza for our July trip. I can't believe they ruined the Plaza fries, and the Club sandwich. :sad: What a shame, first I hear about the menu change at 'Ohana now this. It's such a cute spot, we really enjoyed the view from the windows. We may have to grab a bite at a quick service, and do ice cream only. Thanks for the warning.

I picked up an ADR for my August trip, but now after these reports we might also just get ice cream and maybe some snacks. Or just cancel it and get QS. I'm hoping things could improve by then.

Sorry to hear that. Haven't been there in a few years, always enjoyed the decor and the strawberry chicken salad which I don't see on the menu now either.

Yeah, these impossible burgers and beyond burgers are horrible. They are filled with a bunch of fillers so I won't touch them. I miss when places made their own burgers. I have a harder time eating here at Disney in the US then I did 2 years ago at Disneyland Paris (which is not know for its food but I found so yummy). It is terrible what they did to dining at WDW.
I wonder if they are getting a super good deal on them. During the height of covid when all the meat cases were running low, Wegmans had a huge case of frozen impossible burgers just sitting there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter