The Pixie Dust has landed!!!

SNicksed

DIS Veteran
I booked the 2/19, 3 night Wonder last month taking advantage of the "kids free" promo as a surprise to DW and DS. I booked a cat. 12 GTY.

Well, today at the 30 day mark we received our room assignment. It is one of the secret porthole rooms on deck 5!!! :cool1: Needless to say, I'm excited. It has the split bath, porthole window and a steamer trunk! :thumbsup2

I read the stateroom reports and see there was some noise issues in the past. Has anyone stayed in one recently and had noise issues?

I just wanted to share since I can't (won't) tell anyone at home that we are even going. They think we're leaving Universal and going to the beach for 3 days. LOL :lmao: This will be our 6th Disney cruise. I hope everyone else with a GTY booked has the same luck. :)

Steve

Thanks. I hope it sticks, too. I see some have changed recently. Does that happen a lot? This is the first time I had a GTY room.

Wah, I'm 16 days from cruising and I still don't have a room assignment - still GTY. I'm so jealous of you.

Congrats! We leave in 32 days and we're still at GTY also. Maybe the 30 day mark will bring me luck too!

Have a good time!

If you are on the port side in 5020, 5022 or 5024 you may hear the toilets flush in the men's room outside the theater. We had friends there last cruise who told us that after we told them of our rehersal noise until 1:30 am. I do not know if anyone on the Starboard side heard the lady's room below.

Thanks, everyone! :)

If you are on the port side in 5020, 5022 or 5024 you may hear the toilets flush in the men's room outside the theater. We had friends there last cruise who told us that after we told them of our rehersal noise until 1:30 am. I do not know if anyone on the Starboard side heard the lady's room below.

Right now, they have us in stateroom 5522. Which side did you hear the rehersal noise until 1:30am? :crazy2: Did it keep everyone awake?

We were in 5502 but more forward. This was on the PC repo where they had to reherse the special shows. The "magician" that turned out to be a bust is who kept me awake until then. I heard the base of Phantom of the Opera through the floor and even taped it with my Kodak camera video to see if you could hear it...and you can! DD enjoyed listening to Aly & AJ rehersing the afternoon we were in Aruba. She was dancing and jumping around the stateroom singing along. OY! At least I knew that she wasn't going to bother anyone else then.

Wah, I'm 16 days from cruising and I still don't have a room assignment - still GTY. I'm so jealous of you.

Yikes! That would make me nuts! We are something like 68 days out and have GTY 12 for 4 people and I am already dying to know where we'll end up since we can't have the 12.

Oh great...we're in 5022 and 5024 for our cruise. Anyone have recent pics of these rooms and do they have a top bunk?

Congrats on the upgrade! We are on the same cruise. My best friend, her 3 kiddos, me and my 3 kiddos (6 kids under age 10:crowded: ). We were upgraded to Cat 10's also, and best of all they are connecting!

See you in 29 days! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter